Awoo.

SG Lag

MeteorSmash

Hi, I got the game today in the mail, and yes I've been basically playing it for almost the entire day...I was wondering if anyone experienced lag in Speed Highway? While going down the building and boosting at the same time? it's crazy...it's almost like Adabat was...Did anyone notice lag in any other levels? I just got to the Dreamcast era for today...

P.S. It's the Xbox360 version, I installed the game onto the HDD.

It does lag a bit but nowhere near as much as Adabat did. Plus it's only like 10 seconds. Also the latest patch seems to have rectified it slightly, not that it was that bad to begin with. Most people don't even notice it.

Edited by Dreamcast
  • Thumbs Up 1

It applied an update from Xbox Live before I actually got to play...so yeah, the lag happens even after the patch...

My PS3 version seems pretty clean. I just took a spin through SH looking for lag, but it didn't notice much of anything.

It's only a slight frame-drop from 30FPS to roughly 25FPS, an extremely minor 'issue'.

Edited by Dreamcast

Yeah, the framerate does chuckle here and there. The game even locks up for a split second sometimes.

It's just loading textures; the same thing happens in Act 2 of Chemical Plant Zone, though it isn't quite so noticeable on the console versions, owing to the fact that "chugging" and "normal FPS" are quite close to one another unless powerful PC hardware is implemented to wrangle the perfect 60 out of the majority of the game. All it really means is that the Xbox and PS3 don't have quite as much RAM as they should in order to stream textures at that speed, and the PC version isn't optimised well enough so that spare RAM is used to improve texture performance.

Edited by eXmastaticus

Oh, that happens all the time in Speed Highway when you go down the building. It's a pretty minor problem.

I have the 360 version, and the only place where it really, noticeably lags is the, "Goin Down" Segment in Speed Highway, and this is without installation (it does not help that much for me).

overall the game runs nicely except for 'goin' down', still it's a big improvement from Unleashed, future consoles will likely make 60fps on a game like this possible, still Generations is gold, wish they had worked on the plot a bit more though and made the controls a little less slippery.