Awoo.

Fan Made Sonic Remixes/Songs

Chaos Warp

This, just... This:

It's an Epic mix of let the speed mend it and misty lake, I just can't stop listening to it...

Badass. I love mashups.

Arg I can't seem to find this one guy's batch of songs he created that weren't remixes. They were all original songs using the Sega Genesis soundchip thingy. So they all sounded very sonic like. I heard a few songs on YT but I haven't been able to find him again.

I really like the Mega Drive arrangements by TheLegendOfRenegade, particularly his ristar remixes:

so awesome.

I like it how he doesn't use the Ultimate Mega Drive soundfont, but VOPM, which I've just started learning how to use to make my own mega drive remixes. It's much better than the Mega Drive soundfonts going about.

Badass. I love mashups.

Arg I can't seem to find this one guy's batch of songs he created that weren't remixes. They were all original songs using the Sega Genesis soundchip thingy. So they all sounded very sonic like. I heard a few songs on YT but I haven't been able to find him again.

Do you mean MaxieDaMan?

Do you mean MaxieDaMan?

Ah, I remember MaxieDaMan's stuff... I don't remember him making Mega Drive sounding remixes, but I remember his OST for a hypothetical Sonic Adventure 3, as well as a fantastic remix album of Sonic 3 & Knuckles (along with Sonic 1 and 2!) that far surpassed Project Chaos in terms of quality. I wish his videos were still up, I haven't heard any of his stuff since around this time last year.

Well, it's just that Maxie also made originals using Genesis-y sounds.

This is Neon Paradise!

• Thumbs Up 2

Had no idea about those original compositions back in the day; I wish I did though.

I found this remix today as well, which I really liked:

• Thumbs Up 1

Since it seems alright to post mash-ups, I'll just leave these gems here:

And

• Thumbs Up 2

Sweetcrue posted this in the pony thread, but I still can't stop listening to this. The "Becoming Popular" segment in the Act 2 part is just incredible, I can imagine that part being part of the actual Hydrocity track now, especially as the Hydrocity parts are more remastered than remixed to make way for the MLP parts.

• Thumbs Up 3

e='SiLeNt PyRrH0n' timestamp='1340741544' post='507008]

Everything in this: http://soundcloud.co...the-sequel-ost/

It's the new OST for the awesome fangame Sonic Before the Sequel which will be getting a revamp which will be released during the SAGE Expo this year. It's a mix of original tracks, tracks with elements of tracks from past Sonic games (e.g. Downpour and Prismatic contain elements of Green Hill, In Your Eyes has elements of Star Light etc) and direct remixes from past Sonic games and honestly I think it's really beautifully composed and wonderfully diverse and I'm constantly giddy when a new track pops up (since this is incomplete at the moment).

I wish to highlight this post with the newest addition to the still growing soundtrack.

Flying High, For Cloudy Crowd Act 1

Weeow. This one is bound to raise some eyebrows.

Early on in the OST project discussions, we agreed that Kanjika's "Breathtaking Vision" (Sky Sanctuary remix, Project Chaos, OCRemix) was one of the themes that fit so well with both the style and setting and musical interplay from Act 3 all through the post-boss cutscene that it would be wrong to change it. (My original suggestion for Cloudy Crowd was light/airy trance, which instead made its way to Hilltop Heights music instead)

So, we established that the OST would have -some- orchestral work in it. We knew that that meant that 'authenticity' as to the the 'retro-ness' of new soundtrack would go out the door as well. How do you make the most of it? You turn the entire zone orchestral, which actually goes well with the cloudy visuals and the fittingly breathtaking vision of the parallaxing backgrounds.

This zone is important in that it's both Tails' final full zone, as well as the first venture of his newfound mobility, transforming (as far as this spin-off/fan-verse/whatever-you-want-to-call-it goes) from the meek shadow chasing after Sonic to the agile sidekick of proper canon.

With that in mind, I felt that it was fitting that for Act 1 to orchestrate sections of the two different Tails' themes from Sonic Adventure 1 and 2. Interestingly enough, they share the same lyrics even though they're markedly different songs. What I did was transition from the verse of SA1's theme to the chorus of SA2's theme. Hence, you could actually sing the same lyrics on top of this orchestral rendition.

I also decided to run a little experiment. The looping section of Breathtaking Vision used in Act 3 and the Boss Act remains pretty consistent in intensity throughout, which is 'safer' as far as being music for an interactive venture like a video game goes. For my personal experiment, I tried varying the intensity somewhat through the song, with climaxes and releases. I'm genuinely curious to see how much serendipity can or cannot do to match it up to onscreen action with a simple loop.

p.s. Two Tails themes. Tails(s) themes. What's the plural of Tails? D:

p.p.s this is a re-upload, the original WIP upload didn't let me properly replace with this complete version without breaking. If you previously commented/etc, I'm sorry<3

I'm not gonna lie... I cried while I was listening to this. Nothing could've prepared me for what I've heard.

• Thumbs Up 1

I was listening to this song and imagined Tails setting up the Tornado bi-plane and as the music picked up, he was all "Here I come, Sonic!" and then he proceeded to fly towards a giant fleet of Eggman's battleships. In his imaginary game. Where he saves Sonic.

Which should exist.

• Thumbs Up 2

Here's a cover of the Scrambled Egg Zone from Sonic 2 on the Game Gear.

It's pretty catchy if you ask me.wink.png

So much great music in this topic! I'm loving every bit of it.

DJyuzoboy makes some of my favorite remixes/mash ups:

Sweetcrue posted this in the pony thread, but I still can't stop listening to this. The "Becoming Popular" segment in the Act 2 part is just incredible, I can imagine that part being part of the actual Hydrocity track now, especially as the Hydrocity parts are more remastered than remixed to make way for the MLP parts.

Act 1 was pretty good, but Act 2 is just so perfect.

Edited by Mephiles550

The remixes your about to see will probably send you into shock for days.You've been warned.

All of Falks stuff is really good.:) Edited by Sora
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 8 months later...

I've had it on my mind for a couple of days to make a Topic about this.

With this topic, I'm hoping it'll make it easier to discuss and share Fan Remixes that other Sonic Fans have made, that may not seem to be popular. Like, you may see one that you think is awesome, if you wanted to, you could post it on here to share and discuss. Sounds like a pretty cool idea, right? I'd hope so.

Also, since the new Sonic Stadium Music Adventure 2012 has just released, it'll give us a place to discuss our favorites and stuff like that.

One thing I'd like to point out, I think it's kinda hard to find a good Mash Up, by that I don't really mean like some of the Monday Mash Ups that are posted on the SS News Feed, but some you'd see like...oh, I dunno. Live and Learn, His World, What I'm Made of, and Seven Rings in Hand or something like that, sounds like a big mess, right? Well, what do you know. I actually found one not too long ago:

I really like this one, I think the music fits almost perfectly mashed all together. 

Really, it's one of the better Mash Ups I've seen lately, but then again I don't surf YouTube all day looking for them. 

Another I'd like to throw out there in the open is from the SSMA 2012. Out of them all, I think my favorite would have to be the remix of Spash Hill Zone from Sonic 4, I absolutely went crazy after I heard the original of this back when Sonic 4 came out, but this remix is just great. Just so you won't have to go searching for it, here's a link.

http://media.sonicstadium.org/Music%20and%20Soundtracks/%5B2013%5D%20The%20Sonic%20Stadium%20Music%20Adventure%202012/04-04%20The%20Bassics%20of%20Adventure%20...for%20Splash%20Hill.mp3

I think I'm really tied in with this Topic, because I've always really wanted to see some remixes that Sonic Fans have made, I've never really been good at finding any. So I thought this would be an awesome way to share new remixes you've found, or just discuss the ones that are already well known, like the K-Club Remix of Open Your Heart.

Now, I don't really care much for the beginning, but when you get to the part that was played during Nazo Unleashed (or just the part where he starts singing), that's when it gets good. 

Last song I'd like to mention, is by a YouTuber named xTrickyWolfy. She made a "Lullaby" version of Reach for the Stars (Along with several other Sonic Songs), which is really an amazing song, but just how this girl and her sister sang it really made me smile. It's so sweet and soft, I'd sing this to a sleeping child. 

I just think it's really awesome how some fans will be so dedicated to actually make such great remixes, if I could make half the songs these people make, I'd be posting them all over YouTube. Even though some of the remixes aren't the best, it's still the people giving their full effort into making these songs. Sure, you can sometimes hear the auto-tune or their voices crack, but hey, could you do better? I really respect these people for the things these people make. So great.

So, to wrap this all up. If you want to, give some feedback/opinions on the remixes I've already posted, or you can go ahead and post a remix that you'd like to share and maybe explain why you like it so much?

Boy, it sure if hard to find songs where people have actually re-sang the whole song. Like the Reach for the Stars one I just posted, I love it. 

Here we go! 

• 4 years later...