Awoo.

Julien-K Giveaway

Wilderness

Hey guys.

I was going to wait for this to be put on the news page but... well, if a certain someone was any slower at replying to PM's, he'd be travelling back in time. Then there'd be a classic and modern version of him... Anyway!

My name is Lee Adams. Since February 2010 I was the head of the Julien-K UK Promotion Team and Street Team, however I moved to Holland in June 2011 and back last month, and retired the position. I have decided to do a quiz for a free Julien-K giveaway, I will cover postage personally. Here are the prizes:

1st Place:

Dreamland single - CD cover signed by all 4 members of the band

RARE Kick The Bass promo EP - you cannot buy these ANYWHERE!

Album release promo fliers

2010 Tour promo fliers

Julien-K promo stickers

Julien-K/Tiefdruck promo stickers

Prize for 3 runner eps:

RARE Kick The Bass promo EP - you cannot buy these ANYWHERE!

Album release promo fliers

2010 Tour promo fliers

If I still have some posters left, the winner and runner ups will also get one each.

In order to enter, just PM me the correct answers to these questions and you will be entered into the draw. Contest ends on the first second of 2012, GMT.

But first!

Join Systeme De Street - Julien-K's street team:

http://www.systemedestreet.net/

Download "Breakfast In Berlin", a new free track for the new album here:

www [dot] julien-k [dot] com/jk_bib [dot] mp3

And now, the quiz:

[1]

1) For Sonic Heroes, Julien-K provided the song THIS MACHINE. To what team was this theme assigned to?

A Team Sonic

B Team Dark

C Team Rose

D Team Chaotix

[2]

Julien-K's debut album, Death To Analog, credited Chester Bennington from Linkin Park as executive producer.

Chester also has a side band with every member of Julien-K. What is the name of this band?

A Circuit Freq

B Fort Minor

C Dead By Sunrise

D Orgy

[3]

Along with Julien-K and Chester, who was credited as the main producer of Death To Analog?

A Tim Palmer

B Trent Reznor

C Rick Rubin

D Don Gilmore

[4]

Who wrote the lyrics to THIS MACHINE?

A Ryan Shuck

B Jun Senoue

C Johnny Gioeli

D Yuji Naka

[5]

In 2010, keyboard player Brandon Belsky left the band. Who replaced him immediately after his departure?

A Ryan Shuck

B Amir Derakh

C Elias Andra

D Anthony "Fu" Valcic

[6]

In January 2012, Julien-K will release their second studio album. What is the title confirmed to be?

A Dregs Of The World

B We're Here With You

C Surrounded By Cowards

D Palm Springs Reset

[7]

In late 2010, artist Sam Vandal released a song featuring Ryan Shuck on vocals. Julien-K decided to add this to their 2011 setlist.

What song is this?

A Killing Fields

B The Hunting

C Fail With Grace

D Nights Of Future Past

[8]

Ryan and Amir were in a band together before Julien-K. What is the name of the lead singer of this previous band?

A Jay Gordon

B Mike Shinoda

C Johnny Gioeli

D Jonathan Davis

[9]

Julien-K released a bonus CD with the limited edition of Death To Analog. This was called Death To Digital.

It contained 11 remixes of DTA songs, and featured the likes of Deadmau5 and Paul Oakenfold. Which song was remixed by Mike Shinoda?

A Spiral

B Look At U

C Maestro

D Death To Analog

[10]

What song was featured as the B-side for the first single release, Kick The Bass?

A Killing Fields

B Dreamland

C Everyone Knows

D Look At U (demo version)

MODS - if you wish to move this, or newswire this, remove it, then do so.

Edited by Wilderness
  • Thumbs Up 6

• 2 weeks later...

So people, here are the answers:

[1]

For Sonic Heroes, Julien-K provided the song THIS MACHINE. To what team was this theme assigned to?

Of course, it was Team Dark.

[2]

Julien-K's debut album, Death To Analog, credited Chester Bennington from Linkin Park as executive producer.

Chester also has a side band with every member of Julien-K. What is the name of this band?

The band is Dead By Sunrise. It originally featured EVERY member that has been a part of Julien-K with Chester, but since Brandon left Julien-K, he has also left Dead By Sunrise.

[3]

Along with Julien-K and Chester, who was credited as the main producer of Death To Analog?

Answer is Tim Palmer.

[4]

Who wrote the lyrics to THIS MACHINE?

Ryan Shuck wrote the lyrics. Ryan and Amir were presented with artwork telling the general story of Team Dark, and Ryan wrote lyrics based off this.

[5]

In 2010, keyboard player Brandon Belsky left the band. Who replaced him immediately after his departure?

Anthony "Fu" Valcic replaced Belsky. Even though Fu was credited in many songs from Death To Analog, it was only when Belsky left that Fu became a ful-time member.

[6]

In January 2012, Julien-K will release their second studio album. What is the title confirmed to be?

We're Here With You. 3 weeks until release!

[7]

In late 2010, artist Sam Vandal released a song featuring Ryan Shuck on vocals. Julien-K decided to add this to their 2011 setlist.

What song is this?

The song was indeed Fail With Grace.

[8]

Ryan and Amir were in a band together before Julien-K. What is the name of the lead singer of this previous band?

The lead singer was Jay Gordon from the band Orgy.

[9]

Julien-K released a bonus CD with the limited edition of Death To Analog. This was called Death To Digital.

It contained 11 remixes of DTA songs, and featured the likes of Deadmau5 and Paul Oakenfold. Which song was remixed by Mike Shinoda?

The song Death To Analog was remixed by Mr. Shinoda.

[10]

What song was featured as the B-side for the first single release, Kick The Bass?

Everyone got this one right - it was Dreamland.

Winners will be announced tomorrow. There is also a special 4th place prize - a guitar pick used briefly by Amir during the final Dead By Sunrise show in Hamburg.

Congratulations to everyone who got every answer to this quiz correctly:

Legendary Pine Tree

Rabid-Noodles

JaySinkie

foreversonic

xSinisterStrike

BlastedPinata

Darkness545454

dirupti

BlitzChris

Dopply

edge.

First place! BlastedPinata - congratulations!!

Congratulations to our three runner-ups!

Dopply

foreversonic

Legendary Pine Tree

And congratulations to fourth place who won Amir's guitar pick!

dirupti

I will be PM'ing you guys within the next few days. :)

Congratulations everyone!

Oh and I am very happy that Julien-K is back to Sonic. I loved Waking up and This Machine. I hope we'll hear more from you guys soon :)

Congratulations everyone!

Oh and I am very happy that Julien-K is back to Sonic. I loved Waking up and This Machine. I hope we'll hear more from you guys soon smile.png

Actually, on Sonic Generations, the Open Your Heart remix, For True Story remix and Radical Highway (modern) remix are all by Circuit Freq, which is Amir and Fu of Julien-K. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm very happy, to say the least. :) Congrats to the all of the other winners! Good to know I'm in good company, as far as JK fandom goes. :P

Sorry for the delay guys, been super busy! Will get around to messaging you all this weekend! :) Promise!

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

Oh, my! I just noticed I was a winner in this thing! Thanks Julian K. Can't wait for my snazzy guitar pick.

Edited by dirupti

• 1 month later...