Awoo.

SenEDDtor Missile

Since tomorrow is the SOPA debate and there may be achance this website will go under if it passes, I would like to ask for peoples emails or skype names so that at least we can maintain contact. I'll PM you my email and skype name once you send yours...unless I decide to be proactive and send PMs to you guys first.

Honestly, the time I spent on SSMB was probably one of my best decisions I've made, mostly because I feel like I'm part of a community for once in my life, and I don't wish to completely lose contact with everyone if the SOPA does pass.

P.S. If this whole SOPA thing blows over and we don't lose this site, I will feel incredibly silly. :3

Edited by Enigma2Me

Are we not getting a tad too melodramatic over this thing?

I'm panicking here, what do you expect!?

Um if it does make you feel better I'll give you my email but your going to have to PM me for it. I'm rather private about my email.

I'm panicking here, what do you expect!?

You shouldn't be Panicking but instead Chill, Bro.

No need to go "ABANDON SHIP" just yet.

• Thumbs Up 2

We already have an official unofficial SSMB Skype Chat. Thread's over here:

It's pretty much only been the public chat lately, and call chats are created when needed.

Since Eddy's away, you could just PM me your Skype name or something and I'll add you over there.

I'm going to reiterate what I said to you on the subject, because I think anyone else going off the wall about this should read it too.

No one on this website is a House representative. They do not have any say in the matter. They can send letters and emails and phone calls and all, but in the end the only thing anyone can do is hope they help. There is absolutely nothing you or any other member can do but that, because in the big picture, it's not up to you.

Some people might disagree, but I and I'm sure plenty others are confident saying that any more attention paid to this bill is a waste of time. If it passes, then shit, it was a good run the internet had. But here's a surprise: Type the IP address of any website censored by this bill and like magic, you'll have access to it; an amendment was even proposed to stop that and it was voted down. And if it doesn't pass then you've still wasted your time by worrying so much.

The big secret is, this bill isn't going to destroy the internet in quite the way it seems. And even then, it's blatantly unconstitutional and I'd put money down and say that it's going to be challenged in the Supreme Court sooner or later.

Calm down, enjoy your time on the internet, and stop worrying about things that are beyond your control. That goes for anyone. Tell me, if you really don't want it to rain tomorrow, and there's a chance it will and a chance it won't, isn't it a gigantic waste of your and everyone's time if you worry about it for the rest of the day? Sometimes you need to suck it up and accept that some things just happen. Yes I wrote an essay here, because, not to be rude, I'm tired of people who won't shut up and deal with this.

Even if the vote goes in favor for SOPA to pass, its not going to go in effect tomorrow. It's only a vote to pass it out of the committee and into the full house of congress, which will undoubtedly shoot this down.

Besides, people who want to share their Skypes and e-mails can use their profiles. If you honestly cant resort to using that in fear of this site being shut down then the same logic can be applied to not having this thread at all.

So yeah, as Noire said, cheer up.

Locked.

SOPA, if it takes effect, will only have a meaningful effect on services hosted in the US. TSS is hosted in France, and by a host that ignored pressure from the French government to cancel Wikileaks hosting at the start of the cables controversy.

While SOPA is certainly serious bidnis, it's unlikely to have much effect on TSS.

@Noel: Sorry to say, but it doesn't work that way unless the site is specifically set up for it. Try it out with TSS' IP...

• Thumbs Up 1