Awoo.

Most Overplayed Songs of 2011

canderson

Thankfully, the radio station I usually listen to plays random songs (Although I've never heard them play rap songs, and they mostly play pre-1995 stuff). So, they didn't really have any overplayed ones.

LMFAO - Party Rock Anthem: Dear lord, everywhere I went, some dickhead always has to make at least one comment about "EVERYDAY I'M SHUFFLAN"

Lady Gaga - Edge of Glory: Not that bad of a song, but I hear it all the time. Seriously, she has other songs you know

Adele - Rolling in the Deep: Why do people like Adele again? Her voice keeps cracking and she sounds incredibly annoying and she's probably just a one-hit-wonder

Katy Perry - Last Friday Night (TGIF): HA HA HA! OH WOW. Seriously, Katy Perry is one of those singers who's music I find to be not that bad and all, but MAN was this overplayed.

Foster the People - Pumped up Kicks: Oh lawdy, another indie pop band making music for car commercials. Except unlike all the other car commercial Indie pop bands, these guys didn't get the thumbs up from Pitchfork, essentially making them mainstream as fuck with an annoying single to boot.

Edited by SHAX Hedgefox

Party Rock Anthem is ight' I don't mind it but I don't like hearing it unless I at a party of If I feel like listening to random shit. I will agree that radio music of today is getting quite shitty...been like that ever since 2003.

• Thumbs Up 1

Most of the hate towards Party Rock Anthem is that the group that made it are asshats who only got where they were through nepotism. :P

Anyway, they played that Jar of Hearts song too much, even if I do still like it. That's the only one I can think of since I tend to listen to Radio 2, where the only song I have to worry about is that awful 'Where have all the cowboys gone' one.

I actually don't mind Party Rock Anthem. It's still annoying to hear it multiple times everyday. XD

S&M by Rihanna became annoying for so many reasons...

but mostly for helping kids as young as 13 sing about Sadomasochism.

SO WRONG ON SO MANY LEVELS!!!

On the hip hop side of things, I have to agree with you on this song.

There are others I can't think of right now.

Rolling in the deep and whatever Rihanna does now.

I personally don't bother with popular music any more, what SEGA does is good enough for my ipod.

Songs that are overplayed usually make up for their total lack of soul or memorability with the number of times you hear them - but since I'm a sad nerd who never goes outside without a decent pair of headphones and an MP3 player, I don't really suffer at the hands of overplayed songs.

And I'm damned proud to say that I, for one, actually like a few LMFAO songs, Party Rock Anthem included; they at least have some vibe and energy to them, as opposed to the myriad of morose piano ballads that most singers croon out nowadays - and of course, they're an absolute hit at parties.