Awoo.

Biggest FUUUUUUU moment in a videogame?

Johnny Boy

Oh, when you said "biggest fu moment in a videogame" the first thing that came to my mind was the new DmC. lol

Okay...erm...on games that have multiple phases for a final boss battle, after defeating one after another I finally get to what looks like the final phase just to die. Then the game makes you restart from the first phase all over again.

I do enjoy a challenging last boss battle, but they could at least have the decency to defeat me during the first or second phase. The third phase is mildly annoying, but the fourth is taking the p*ss!

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't play too many hard games these days...or maybe games I play just aren't hard like they used to be in the N64 era and before with these Rechargeable shields and check points and stuffs?

Well, I DO have one FUUU moment because there is one series that remains to be Nintendo Hard to this very day:

Touhou Project.

The first time I played Touhou 7's Extra Stage, it was brutal as hell. BUT, it was completely playable just as long as you had skill. I spent a few days playing through the stage and I finally got up to the Boss. I was instantly given an initially seemingly unpredictable spell card (a specific pattern of bullets to dodge assigned to bosses). Naturally, I decided to bomb the card and just play through the next one.

...but...I found out that bombing had NO effect (well, other than clearing the screen of the remaining bullets onscreen). I used up all my bombs trying to survive the first spell card, but when I reached the second one (which was also incredibly difficult and seemly impossibly to predict as well), I then realized that THAT spell card was unbombable too and then the horrible truth suddenly came to me, ALL THE SPELL CARDS ARE UNBOMBABLE! O_O (oh yeah, I also had no lives or bombs remaining)

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

• Thumbs Up 1

In Super Mario Bros., the Bowser battles, you're small and preparing to launch yourself to jump over Bowser or run under him, then when you start your run, a Podoboo leaps into the air and fucks you.

Or after you defeat Bowser from a safe distance with fire power, and the same thing happens making you power down. Especially annoying in Lost Levels when you have to work hard to get powered up.

Any racing game fans here? Ok my biggest FUUUUUUUU- moment in a video game is the final race in Shift 2 Unleashed on the FIA GT1 career on the last lap the AI driver slammed into the side of my car completely writing it off. Fortunately my parents were out during that time so they couldn't hear me.

Speaking of racing games, the most "recent" was how Mario Kart 7, they slashed Waluigi??! Yet...they put Walugi's pinball racetrack in the game! its like Nintendo was saying. "Yea screw Luigi, but just as a tease we put his track in the game, enjoy!'

Playing Elder Scrolls Oblivion, spend ages walking to get from point a to b only to die once you get to point b and the game doesn't autosave... Talk about the biggest Fuck U I've had in a game recently... and now Oblivion will sit on the HDD unplayed for all eternity or until i get over this pissed off mood it gave me.

Getting Ubered in TF2 as the Heavy only to run out of ammo shortly after becoming uber... both hilarious and sad at the same time...

Edited by FrostySilencer

Street Fighter II, Arcade Edition. Never have so many quarters been wasted on a machine, I must've wasted at least $10 before finally beating it.

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door.

Pit of a Hundred Trials.

After an hour and a half of strife, reach final floor.

Power outage.

...FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Shadic Claus
  • Thumbs Up 9

When Mario hit me with a dodgeball from behind causing me to get knocked out from the reflected ball.

He was on my team...

I was Wario.

Double-crossing piece of shit.

Edited by Krampus
  • Thumbs Up 2

Despite my love for the game, Sonic Unleashed broke my laptop I had such a fit of rage over it (it's funny, I'm a VERY patient and non-angry person, but games bring it out of me despite how much I love them).

I very much learned from the experience and have never ever been as bad since.

It was Shamar Arid Sands Night Act 3 that did it, the DLC stage on the 360 version. The final fight against a Titan and four wizards, where one swipe or shockwave sends you to your death - what drove me over the edge (both literally and figuratively!) was the way their swipes hit you even if you're behind them. Maddening.

It wasn't THAT time, but one time the level actually glitched and the goal ring didn't appear after because the wizards refused to spawn to be defeated lol. Fuck that level man...

So I'm playing Ace Combat 5's mission Solitaire on Ace difficulty for the bazillionth time, trying to get to the Belkan airbase undetected (Detection fails the mission and you have to start from the beginning), without getting killed (Fails the mission), and get the pictures of the Belkan Su-47s and the transports carrying nukes for the Yukes before the planes take off (If they take off, mission fail).

Anyway, this time around I used the F-35, which I normally don't like to use as stealth doesn't do anything in AC5 and the Raptor is better. I finally,finally get Mission Complete, and am across the safety line, flying towards my wingmen (Who are also in F-35s), when Grimm decides right at that exact moment to not watch where he's going.

We slam into each other at, ohh, I think I was going 1000+ miles per hour. MISSION FAILED.

fffffffffffffFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Edited by Wehinaxlman

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door.

Pit of a Hundred Trials.

After an hour and a half of strife, reach final floor.

Power outage.

-insert Atomic F Bomb here-

I feel your pain, brudda. My asshole of a cousin literally pulled the plug on my Gamecube just as I was about to finish off the Bonus Boss there. Much profanity and violence ensued, to say the least.

Another Ragequit-Inducing Moment I had was with Sonic UnWiished's Heavenly Ruins (Jungle Joyride Act 4). To elaborate: there's a part right before the Goal Ring where you must vanquish a wave of Frights and Cure Masters before you can end the level. The Dark Master class, as most Unleashed players should be aware of, actively try to avoid you by either floating quickly away from you, or just straight-up warping away. Frights, unlike in the HD version, are a lot bigger and will stun you if they hit you. Normally, whooping them aren't too difficult; they're normally Goddamned Bats at worst. Here, a good chunk of the platforms you step on fall away the moment you touch them. What greets you below the battlefield is a bottomless pit. Combine this with the enemies' tendency to float away from you, right above the pits you'll inevitably make, and you've got the makings for one hellish experience.

To show you how rage-inducing this was to me, I'll just say this: the first time I went through the stage, I entered it with 11 lives... and I left with only 1 after spending over 18 minutes there.

Edited by Da Khristmas Komo

Trying to beat the Reaper in Persona 3....soo many times have I gotten him down to just a sliver of health and then he wipes out my entire party when they are at FULL health with Megidolaon. It took me getting to around I think level 92-95 just to beat him.

Also, even though this didn't happen IN a video game, it is still somewhat relevant, but buying a used game that you've been hunting for a while, and then come to find out it doesn't even work. -_- I had to return a game that I bought recently for that very reason, and it's even more so annoying when it's a game that you're extremely eager to play.

On Team Fortress 2 whenever I play Sniper, the exact second I I line up a headshot on someone and the exact second I click the trigger one of the following will happen:

1. A fucking Spy backstabs me.

2. A Sniper from the other side of the map will headshot me.

And this is why I almost never play Sniper.

• Thumbs Up 4

On Team Fortress 2 whenever I play Sniper, the exact second I I line up a headshot on someone and the exact second I click the trigger one of the following will happen:

1. A fucking Spy backstabs me.

2. A Sniper from the other side of the map will headshot me.

And this is why I almost never play Sniper.

Oh god, don't even get me started on that >.<

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-

Close second goes goes to getting frozen for 26 turns in a row in the Battle Tower on Heart Gold while the opponent very slowly kills me because of defense raises I got on my Pokémon, and then getting swept because I lost my only counter to a certain Pokémon.

Edited by Serperior
  • Thumbs Up 4

I'd have to say facing Bowser Jr. in DK Jungle in Mario Super Sluggers.

What makes it a FUUUUUUUU- moment is that you have to score at least one point higher than him when he starts out with 2 runs, and if that wasn't bad, his team constantly uses Error items, so you are barely able to get a run in even without stars activated. And you have to go through all of this just to unlock Tiny! Why, Iwata, why?!

Trying to beat the Reaper in Persona 3....soo many times have I gotten him down to just a sliver of health and then he wipes out my entire party when they are at FULL health with Megidolaon. It took me getting to around I think level 92-95 just to beat him.

Edited by Nuclear Winter

Not to brag or anything since it was a pain in the ass, I did managed to beat the Reaper around Lv. 68-74 (I can't remember) but most of the time it was me reviving my party while having them do laughable damage. It took me a long ass time because of that. >.<

Another FUUU moment of mine and it comes from one of my beloved favorites.

Odin Sphere:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dpm7x91VV0A&feature=relmfu

I've mention this plenty of times but still I gotta admit Lord Brigan was one of the hardest bosses I've ever faced. He has high defense at the start and while some of his moves are easy to avoid, he had two tricks up his sleeve. One is that ice monsters if touched will make the player character frozen and he can take advantage of that and the other is that his best attack is where he grabs whoever and forces his drink down the person's throat and it hurts like a bitch. D:

Needless to say I got my ass handed to me by a giant Viking Robotnik. Why didn't the real Eggman thought of that? tongue.png

Well on a more personal note, there was one little incident I had with PKMN Blue right when I was first starting with the series. Largely because I was a complete fucking idiot back then, I went through the majority of the game almost singlehandedly with the starting Squirtle, only using the rest of my team as a fallback because I didn't understand the concept of items or switching which Pokemon I start a match with. Suffice to say, I got all the way up to Lance in the Elite Four before my tanked-out Blastoise finally fell, leaving one Dragonite against a mediocre team of lvl30s or so. Considering the fact that E4 Pokemon are maybe 20 lvls higher than that, most of my team got absolutely wrecked, save for a lvl30 Hitmonchan that hadn't been touched since it'd been handed to me. And then... Barrier. Barrier. Barrier. As it turned out, this one Dragonite had somehow run out of useful moves right before finishing Hitmonchan off and was stuck spamming Barrier over and over, not even able to Struggle my ass to death. I thanked whichever dumbfuck could've given a move like this 30-40 uses and then proceeded with the painfully long and tedious task of Comet Punching his ass to death.

Of course, I thought now that I'd overthrown the Elite Four, I'd have beaten the game. But you know who then pulled out a Pigeotto in a surprise final boss and killed my last Pokemon in the first turn of the match? That's right, you guessed it.

gary-oak-by-narufma.jpg

GARY MOTHER FUCKING OAK.

Anything in competitive online from invincitanks and bot mesmers in GWs to campers in shooters and hackers in anything else.

But since those really don't count for much; getting Echo the Dolphin for Christmas many years ago. It wasn't until I played it that I felt game-rage for the first time...

Playing fighting games online and the lag totally fucks you over *stares at Marvel vs Capcom 3 Vanilla*

And rage quitters piss me off too >:(