Awoo.

Biggest FUUUUUUU moment in a videogame?

Johnny Boy

Missing easy punishes while playing Fighting games online...

"Oh look he whiffed a Shoryuken\Ultra\wtv! *brain freeze* "

I was playing through Metroid Prime for maybe the third time, and finally got to the final form on the final boss. I've never gotten to the final boss before because I always stopped playing the game halfway through because I got scared, (stupid chozo ghosts). Anyway, after dying to it a bunch of times, I was finally about to kill it, and then the power flickered. /headbang

On the the topic of Metroid, the Boost Ball Guardian from Metroid Prime 2 has all of my hate. It's so random and annoying.

Uhhhh, whenever I start loosing horribly on Battlefield 3 *smashed*

But seriously, let's see:

-That Okami blockhead guy is definitely up there.

-100% LittleBigPlanet, especially not dying on certain levels.

-VS Trainer Red when you're too cocky that you'll win so you bring your Pokemon that are 10 levels or more under his

-the new Mortal Kombat story at the end against what's his face. Cheapest fucking boss ever, >=U.

-Okamiden *shot*

-Replaying the first stage of Shadow the Hedgehog OVER AND OVER again to get all the ending stories.

-Hardcore mode on Minecraft, D;

-And universally, when your game freezes, or when you shut off your system before saving on accident, >(.

• Thumbs Up 1

^ Blue shells suck, they're always screwing me up in Mario Kart Wii.

And Frogger: He's Back. Truly one of the hardest games I have ever played. Frogger 3D (3DS) can be annoying as hell too with Frogger feeling like he was crawling/jumping through molasses and the cheap deaths that can happen throughout the levels.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-

Close second goes goes to getting frozen for 26 turns in a row in the Battle Tower on Heart Gold while the opponent very slowly kills me because of defense raises I got on my Pokémon, and then getting swept because I lost my only counter to a certain Pokémon.

The entirety of the Lava world from Donkey Kong Country Returns, Fuck that world to the deepest pits of hell, I must've went through almost 200 lives in that goddamn place.

-The. Kid's. 3. Levels. In. Super. Meat. Boy. I swear I must have taken an hour to complete that little run, but I felt I could take on anything after I beat it. Turns out the game's dark world proved me wrong!

-Water Temple from OoT. At first I was like "This isn't as bad as everyone said it was!" Then I was like "Okay, getting tedious." Then I was like "This sucks." Then I was like "Freaking END ALREADY." Then I was like "RRRRGGGGGHHHDsfjaklhaeruij:PfdHio". Then I was like this game is frustrating and overrated WHOOPS DID I JUST SAY THAT OUT LOUD

-The disappearing blocks from any classic Mega Man game. Also, Quickman's lasers from MM2.

-The lava boat in the final stage of Super Mario Sunshine.

-WACKY FREAKIN' WORKBENCH.

• Thumbs Up 2

Batman: Arkham Asylum. I remember I was walking casually through one corridor then suddenly the whole TV screen fuzzed up and went pitch black. I was like WTF?! I was scared for a moment that my PS3 shut down and is heading towards a YLOD.

But no, turns out Batman was heading in a Scarecrow nightmare. Phew.

Edited by Spiced Christmas
  • Thumbs Up 1

Oh, I also need to bring up the leechgrave from kingdom hearts 358/2 days. I can't even count the amount of times I died fighting that thing. You can only hit it when you take out it's constantly regenerating tentacles and the fact it hits you like a damn truck doesn't help.

My first time in Cannon's Core, Sonic's act.

The moment you get to the Lost World water slide and miss the Goal Ring and drown. WHAT THE SHIT. DX

• Thumbs Up 1

- being an Engi in TF2 and after getting backstabbed the first couple times by the same Spy, you start watching your back more, turning around every couple seconds, always spychecking but never seem to catch that Spy trying to kill you again, then you let your guard down for a split sec- Player Engi just got Dominated by Player Spy.

- Worse, that one Spy that seems to have a teleporter strapped to your back because one second not a soul is around you, no blind corners and somehow you get backstabbed from that Spy who came from fucking nowhere.

- Getting the feeling someone mapped your right mouse button to the kill command when you're a Medic a split second from deploying an Uber.

- being competant in Training mode, but once I fight a real opponent I spaz out like a fucking idiot.

- playing S3&K one time and I completely failed at the last Super Emerald stage THREE TIMES. I've always had the special stages down to a tee, but this time I just kept messing up horribly. Stopped playing right there.

• Thumbs Up 1

My first time in Cannon's Core, Sonic's act.

The moment you get to the Lost World water slide and miss the Goal Ring and drown. WHAT THE SHIT. DX

Try doing knuckles part w/o the air necklace. It's terrible.

And here is another from me. The first time I ever played as rouge in THAT DAMN METEOR STAGE. WHAT THE FUCK WERE YOU THINKING SEGA? Yes it is challenging but fuck. Why did you have to make the hints stupid for a young kid to understand. Why did you have to make that stage so fucking annoying? I mean I remember wasting an hour or close to it on my very first run. I think that alone made me hate rouge for eternity.

Try doing knuckles part w/o the air necklace. It's terrible.

And here is another from me. The first time I ever played as rouge in THAT DAMN METEOR STAGE. WHAT THE FUCK WERE YOU THINKING SEGA? Yes it is challenging but fuck. Why did you have to make the hints stupid for a young kid to understand. Why did you have to make that stage so fucking annoying? I mean I remember wasting an hour or close to it on my very first run. I think that alone made me hate rouge for eternity.

Have you tried the Hard Mode for Mad Space? It's already difficult finishing that damn stage on Hard Mode, but getting an A-rank on it is rage inducing.

Have you tried the Hard Mode for Mad Space? It's already difficult finishing that damn stage on Hard Mode, but getting an A-rank on it is rage inducing.

I beat it once on hard mode. And never went back for the A rank. It's not worth destroying my brain for a stage like that. SEGA smokes some GOOOOOOOD shit when they made that stage.

• Thumbs Up 1

Batman: Arkham Asylum. I remember I was walking casually through one corridor then suddenly the whole TV screen fuzzed up and went pitch black. I was like WTF?! I was scared for a moment that my PS3 shut down and is heading towards a YLOD.

But no, turns out Batman was heading in a Scarecrow nightmare. Phew.

The first and last mother fucking Scarecrow events were two of the most unexpected things I have ever had the pleasure of being weirded right the fuck out by. The first one you notice shit gets bad when you try going through the door to get out, and the next looked like my game crashed an the save is wiped. Brilliant.

If you've played this game, and if you've played it on a difficulty that isn't normal (even though normal is pretty frustrating in itself to the casual player), then I don't think there is really much else I can say that hasn't been said before! In every mission, you have a very narrow margin for victory, and just when you think the game can't get any harder, it does. Mission 7, a bona fide race so you think it'd be easy, is the single most daunting mission in any game of the genre. The AI racers are much faster than you, have far more (if not infinite) boost, and maneuver without the slightest falter in ways that just can't be pulled off as perfectly by most humans. The computer has every possible advantage over you. And on higher difficulties, it's beyond the realm of average human achievement.

However, F-Zero GX's sadism is (almost) balanced out by just how wonderful this game is and I love it to bits. It controls like a dream, and speed is a far more integral part of the gameplay than it ever was in any of the Sonic racing games, none which feel very speedy at all. The Riders series in particular should have taken more cues from this game, if not be developed by the same people altogether. But it's really hard. According to Sega a simple task such as unlocking hidden racers is way too much to ask for.

I swear to god I've never been so tsundere for a video game in all my life.

If you've played this game, and if you've played it on a difficulty that isn't normal (even though normal is pretty frustrating in itself to the casual player), then I don't think there is really much else I can say that hasn't been said before! In every mission, you have a very narrow margin for victory, and just when you think the game can't get any harder, it does. Mission 7, a bona fide race so you think it'd be easy, is the single most daunting mission in any game of the genre. The AI racers are much faster than you, have far more (if not infinite) boost, and maneuver without the slightest falter in ways that just can't be pulled off as perfectly by most humans. The computer has every possible advantage over you. And on higher difficulties, it's beyond the realm of average human achievement.

However, F-Zero GX's sadism is (almost) balanced out by just how wonderful this game is and I love it to bits. It controls like a dream, and speed is a far more integral part of the gameplay than it ever was in any of the Sonic racing games, none which feel very speedy at all. The Riders series in particular should have taken more cues from this game, if not be developed by the same people altogether. But it's really hard. According to Sega a simple task such as unlocking hidden racers is way too much to ask for.

I swear to god I've never been so tsundere for a video game in all my life.

Yeah, I only barely made it through the story mode on Normal. I've managed to beat a few missions on Hard, but fuck I don't think I could beat some of the NORMAL missions again without luck (I remember I beat the third to last mission by accidentally hitting two land mines in a row, launching me forward in front of everyone else and winning the race). Still love it tho'. xD

sscrap.jpg

A little tampering with the audio and you've got

• Thumbs Up 5

The first and last mother fucking Scarecrow events were two of the most unexpected things I have ever had the pleasure of being weirded right the fuck out by. The first one you notice shit gets bad when you try going through the door to get out, and the next looked like my game crashed an the save is wiped. Brilliant.

Oh god that scene was absolutely brilliant

especially when you have that hallucination of Joker killing you, with the game over screen reading

USE THE MIDDLE STICK TO DODGE JOKER'S BULLET

rocksteady be trolling

Edited by Professor Jackstraw PhD

Edited by Super Eternal