Awoo.

Best and Worst Sonic game in your opinion

AlphaRuby

I'd like to keep this short and sweet, and say that best is S3&K and worst is 06.

I'd like to think I speak for the vast majority of the whole fanbase when I say this tongue.png

Okey heres mine

Best Sonic Game: Sonic the Hedgehog 3 and Knuckles

Building off the brilliant gameplay and level design from the last two games, makes Sonic 3 and Knuckles my favorite Sonic game. The levles are huge and there are a million and one ways to get around, using Tails and Knuckles could give you access to exclusive parts of the levels! Three playable characters that don't take away from the gameplay, but rather add a whole demension. The story takes off from Sonic the Hedgehog 2's minimalistic story and turns it into this huge, epic Death Egg saga. It was huge and epic without having to be superdarkseriousbusiness and it was really rewarding when you finally restored Angel Island. The last amazing Sonic game untill Sonic Colors IMO.

Worst Sonic Game: Sonic Adventure 2

Deviating from the very blueprints that defined Sonic is what SA2 is. That surreal world that Sonic used to live in? Filled with crazy factories filled with the mysterious mega muck. Containing the floating Angel Island that spanned from an overgrown forest to an ice cap. Being able to travel inside a tornado on an escalating valley. Remember that world of Sonic? Well too bad, this time Sonic is on our world. Our plain world, heck, look outside and your front lawn is more vibrant than any level in Sonic Adventure 2. We look deeper into this world and look at the story it contains. Its so horribly dark and serious, what happened to the whimsical story we had in Adventure? Filled with death, angst, and serious business, the last things you'd thought you would see in a SONIC game. The level design is probably the worst aspect of this game. Sonic and Shadow's levels are singlular path rollar coasters. They feel so contrained and you barely platformed. I even talked to a friend who's favorite game was SA2, and she agreed with everything I said. (then went to say that made it superior to older games). Being forced to play as boring and unfitting mech shooting and tedious tresure hunting as Tails/Eggman and Knuckles/Rouge is even worse. I really don't see what people see in this game, perhaps its just nostalgia.

• Thumbs Up 2

Deviating from the very blueprints that defined Sonic is what SA2 is. That surreal world that Sonic used to live in? Filled with crazy factories filled with the mysterious mega muck. Containing the floating Angel Island that spanned from an overgrown forest to an ice cap. Being able to travel inside a tornado on an escalating valley. Remember that world of Sonic?

Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Thumbs Up 7

The Best 3D Sonic Game is without a doubt Sonic Adventure 2. It was a notch up from Sonic Adventure on every level- it lessened the Genre Roulette, it refined the controls, it killed the spamdash, and it was visually pleasing for it's day. While we haven't quite gotten our Genesis game in 3D yet, Sonic Adventure 2's Sonic/Shadow stages are the best we've got (they hardly resemble them, i'll give you that, but it's a heck of a lot better than what they try to pull with the boost). Rolling straight down a hill in Radical Highway is absolutely euphoric. The plot is something to be reckoned with, too. Character inclusion is a lot less forced and there's an actual narrative, which alone wins points given Sonic games these days.The upgrades are another plus, with an almost Metroid-like feeling of getting stronger as you duct-tape more and more oddities to yourself. And the soundtrack. I'll leave it at that.

The Worst 3D Sonic Game hardly deserves to be a 3D Sonic game- Sonic Colors. ...what is this thing? The plot insults the intelligience of anyone fooling enough to sit through the cutscenes. The levels consist of switching from boosting at full speed to suddenly stopping and trying to platform in an engine designed for nothing but moving forward fast. The 3D sections, the 5 and a half in the game, are all running forward. And the wisps? Most of them completely screw up the flow of the game. You're not even playing a Sonic game anymore, and it's not like Genre Roulette where it's actually in a separate level- and is actually developed and fun*- but rather it's constantly forced upon you (the drill wisps where the only optional ones i encountered throughout the entire game) and completely stops your progress. Couple that with general poor level design and uninspired tropes (Sweet Mountain is the bold exception here) and we've got ourselves a looser.

The Best 2D Sonic game is Sonic CD. Honestly, when i first played this and watched the anime opening, i stared at the title screen in disbelief for a few moments. And this wasn't even the You Can Do Anything version. When i finally got started, i entered these huge, colorful worlds with plenty of room to roll around and shoot through the air, displayed with these crisp, clear visuals that help define the game. The game's main hook-time travel- was activated by you running fast, so it didn't exactly interfere with what you where doing. If that hasn't sold you, then it's time for you to hear Eggman laugh as he approaches in one of his machines- this guy means business. I can hardly wait to get my paws on the new port.

The Worst 2D Sonic game would have to be Sonic 4, episode I. I'll be frank, it hardly resembles a Sonic game. It'd be a cute flash game, but when you tell me an actual development team with a budget, i'm suddenly furious that we didn't get anything close to a classic Sonic game, not even a Rush-lookalike.

*The Mech-Shooting stages in SA2 could easily be their own standalone game, and a good one at that. I'm sure if treasure hunting was on it's own, it might find it's fans, too.

• Thumbs Up 1

Best: S3&K.

Worst: Pretty much everything since the series went 3D onward. Especially since now even the handhelds suck hard with vengeance (okay, Advance 1 was probably the only truly good one of them all, but still...). After playing that new Mario, I know remember why I don't like that series: the levels may be creative, but they're all just floating over death whereas only sky levels in Sonic games had rampant death pits like that. Hell, even the near final zones tended to just loop you around and let the traps and enemies try to kill you instead of thin air. That also applies to pretty much every Sonic game these days and it really needs to end since it's also getting the generic blocky platforming of the Mario series as well...

That surreal world that Sonic used to live in? Filled with crazy factories filled with the mysterious mega muck. Containing the floating Angel Island that spanned from an overgrown forest to an ice cap. Being able to travel inside a tornado on an escalating valley. Remember that world of Sonic? Well too bad, this time Sonic is on our world. Our plain world, heck, look outside and your front lawn is more vibrant than any level in Sonic Adventure 2.

Really? Giant loops carved into skyscrapers, floating highways above a sprawling city coastline, spore-filled forests with COLOSSAL trees and carved wood tunnels, jack-o-lantern-shaped mountain ranges, pseudo-mechanical egyptian bases adorned with defaced Eggman-resembling statues and filled with ghosts, a space colony that looks like an upside-down futuristic city with asteroids and moons floating around below them aren't surreal enough for you?

Well hot dog.

Edited by JezMM
  • Thumbs Up 6

Really? Giant loops carved into skyscrapers, floating highways above a sprawling city coastline, spore-filled forests with COLOSSAL trees and carved wood tunnels, jack-o-lantern-shaped mountain ranges, pseudo-mechanical egyptian bases adorned with defaced Eggman-resembling statues and filled with ghosts, a space colony that looks like an upside-down futuristic city with asteroids and moons floating around below them aren't surreal enough for you?

Well hot dog.

They were surreal, but they weren't very colourful, and they still resembled our world a lot, in terms of aesthetics.

• Thumbs Up 2

I remember it, and that "surreal" claim is 100% WRONG. Aside from Knuckles Chaotix (and maybe Sonic CD), the Sonic series has NEVER been surreal. "Surreal" is defined as taking elements, twisting them in an illogical way, and incorporating elements that have some symbolic meaning behind them. The Sonic series is actually a semi-fantasical, semi-realistic world full of forests, cities, factories, water, and deserts. The Sonic series, since the Classics, have been grounded to logical environments. Fantasy environments, realistic logic.

How are the classics not surreal? Sure they may resemble somethign in real life, but anything else from that is wild and something you'd never see in real life. Unless you do know where I can find a life size pinball tabel.

Plenty of environments from the Classics were tributes to real-life scenarios. The Sandopolis pyramids honor the Egyptian pyramids quite blatantly.

k

1280_1024_nature_scene_wallpaper_1600FG100_2_081.jpg

dscf1604-with-sharper-rockscropped.jpg

wallcoo.com_Sky-picture-80.jpg

_hite_in_winter___the_beautiful_snow_scene_wallpaper__with___________________reamy__inter__now___winter_snow_scenes____inter__now__allpaper_25264992.jpg

City_Night_Scene_photography_L10_19.jpg

There are many adjectives that describe the actual world we live in. "Boring" and "plain" aren't two of them

Its funny, SA2 didnt use any enviorments of the pics you posted. Instead they took the most plain settings on the face of the earth.

Oh, that's just DAFT. It doesn't matter what tone it is. It's about the quality. Just because it's serious doesn't mean it doesn't fit in a Sonic game. That's like saying Paper Mario's story sucked because it contained serious elements, but it's a very well-done story. In fact, your train of thought about "dark/serious = unfitting for Sonic" is bullcrap in the highest order; it makes NO sense. Sonic 3 & Knuckles, despite its graphics, is a very serious story. Adventure borrowed many tones for that game. While it's whimsical, it's clever in how they transition their tones. Sonic Adventure 2 actually takes the tone and writes it very well, especially during a time where storytelling was still progressing into an incredibly important hook. A light story can be just as deep as a dark story, and a light story can be just as much garbage as a dark story. Adventure 2, S3&K, and Black Knight are incredibly well-written stories. Unleashed and Generations HD are very well-written lighthearted stories. Adventure is a great story using a balance of lighthearted and serious tones.

But Paper Mario isnt a main series Mario game. If I played Mario Land 3D and watch Mario sacrifice Luigi, I wouldnt be too happy. Not only that, but the characters are so flat and bland, or it could be the voices. I didn't find the writing quality at all, I could find better stories in the Archie comics.

I personally LOVE this game, and it's not because of nostalgia. What Sonic Adventure 2 did to this game was take Adventure's elements and improve them for the most part. While Gamma's and Knuckles's gameplays were solid in Adventure, they were a bit too easy. The playstyles became a bit more difficult, and while easy games aren't a problem, I tend to not enjoy them as much as more difficult games because they give out more of a reward. While the speed stages aren't as fun as the ones from Adventure (the treasure hunting and mech shooting stages are better), they take the gameplay and solidify the engine and controls to the point where they're much better maneuverable. Albeit being very linear, City Escape is one of the most popular stages simply because of the exciting atmosphere and adrenaline the second you play it. City Escape is one of the best designed stages throughout Sonic Adventure 2 and one of the most exciting stages of any Sonic game, and it was linear. As what Scar said, forget about linearity. Give me the most action-packed, most exciting linearity, and I'm all happy.

Really? I felt that everything but controls were a step down from SA1

But then again, this paragraph is an opinion. Why cant I have mine? This is an opinion topic.

They were surreal, but they weren't very colourful, and they still resembled our world a lot, in terms of aesthetics.

Colourful =/= surreal, and so did pretty much any classic stage that didn't use checkerboard textures.

This could be it, I dunno. Nothing ever really stood out for me in SA2. Everything seemed like something I could find in real life. I guess a few rails suspended in the sky doesnt excite me :/

The Best 3D Sonic Game is without a doubt Sonic Adventure 2. It was a notch up from Sonic Adventure on every level- it lessened the Genre Roulette, it refined the controls, it killed the spamdash, and it was visually pleasing for it's day. While we haven't quite gotten our Genesis game in 3D yet, Sonic Adventure 2's Sonic/Shadow stages are the best we've got (they hardly resemble them, i'll give you that, but it's a heck of a lot better than what they try to pull with the boost). Rolling straight down a hill in Radical Highway is absolutely euphoric. The plot is something to be reckoned with, too. Character inclusion is a lot less forced and there's an actual narrative, which alone wins points given Sonic games these days.The upgrades are another plus, with an almost Metroid-like feeling of getting stronger as you duct-tape more and more oddities to yourself. And the soundtrack. I'll leave it at that.

The Worst 3D Sonic Game hardly deserves to be a 3D Sonic game- Sonic Colors. ...what is this thing? The plot insults the intelligience of anyone fooling enough to sit through the cutscenes. The levels consist of switching from boosting at full speed to suddenly stopping and trying to platform in an engine designed for nothing but moving forward fast. The 3D sections, the 5 and a half in the game, are all running forward. And the wisps? Most of them completely screw up the flow of the game. You're not even playing a Sonic game anymore, and it's not like Genre Roulette where it's actually in a separate level- and is actually developed and fun*- but rather it's constantly forced upon you (the drill wisps where the only optional ones i encountered throughout the entire game) and completely stops your progress. Couple that with general poor level design and uninspired tropes (Sweet Mountain is the bold exception here) and we've got ourselves a looser.

Ah, at last I see someone who agrees with me, even though I've already posted something similar, your description basically summarizes my issues with that game, I HATE Colors with a passion, I don't know why people love it so much...sorry in advance for several people getting pissed at me but Shadow the hedgehog and 06 entertained me a lot more than that sorry excuse of a Sonic game.

SA2 on the other hand is one of the best Sonic games I've played, so original, so much replay value and there's a lot of detail to the game considering the era it was released for...not to mention its story, it's the reason Shadow's so popular as a character even now, the final story and boss were awesome too. Needles to say, the game has the BEST multi-player in a Sonic game so far.

Edited by SilverTheHedgehog

hardly deserves to be a 3D Sonic game- Sonic Colors. ...what is this thing? The plot insults the intelligience of anyone fooling enough to sit through the cutscenes.

Skip the cutscenes then, its not that hard.

The levels consist of switching from boosting at full speed to suddenly stopping and trying to platform in an engine designed for nothing but moving forward fast.

I hope to christ you're not talking about the Hedgehog Engine as it is a GRAPHICS ENGINE, and thats a moot point anyway since Colors does not use it. There is no specialized engine for this game, and it obviously was not built for specalized focus.

The 3D sections, the 5 and a half in the game, are all running forward.

I will admit that the 3D areas are lacking, however there are more than 5 and there are some that actually do try (Sweet Mountain Act 3, Starlight Carnival Act 5, Aquarium Park Act 6)

And the wisps? Most of them completely screw up the flow of the game. You're not even playing a Sonic game anymore,

Kinda like in SA2 how im playing as a speedy blue Hedgehog one minute and then all of a sudden im a slow, clunky, plodding mech the next? Oh and did I mention this shit takes up 70% of the game? I might as well not even call SA2 an actual Sonic game because you spend so little time playing as Sonic with Sonic gameplay.

and it's not like Genre Roulette where it's actually in a separate level- and is actually developed and fun*-

1: Why the hell would I want a sepreate level for each wisp power and not have it intergrated at all with the main gameplay? Thats a terrible idea.

2: The genre roulette was NEVER developed, they had tacked on written all over them, do I need a better example than Big's fishing adventure?

but rather it's constantly forced upon you (the drill wisps where the only optional ones i encountered throughout the entire game) and completely stops your progress.

Stops what progress? You have to use the wisp to progress in the first place and its not until the 3rd or 4th act of each level that you're required to use them, because those are the more gimmicky levels so it's appropriate. And doesnt SA2 do the exact same thing by constantly forcing the Mechs and Treasure Hunting stages down your throat when you just want to play as Sonic?

Couple that with general poor level design

Most of the levels combined with the use of the wisps are far more intuitive and interesting than anything I got out of a past 3D game since SA1. And they far surpass SA2's linear designs in my opinion

and uninspired tropes (Sweet Mountain is the bold exception here) and we've got ourselves a looser.

|:[

Sonic-Colours-Art-4.jpg

soniccoloursaquarium04.jpg

swii2_thumb.jpg

Sonic-Colours-Starlight-Carnival-art-2.jpg

I just personally cannot fathom how THIS is somehow more unispired that the generic city, generic forest, generic desert, pattern that SA2 follows (the Ark stages were when they actually started to be original).

I HATE Colors with a passion, I don't know why people love it so much...sorry in advance for several people getting pissed at me but Shadow the hedgehog and 06 entertained me a lot more than that sorry excuse of a Sonic game.

The game was a lot more fun, entertaining, charming, and enjoyable than those sorry exxuses for Sonic video games will ever dare to be.

But....thats just me.

Edited by Sonimas032
  • Thumbs Up 3

I'm on Sonimas032's boat. I hardly see how level tropes in Sonic Colours are "uninspired". Damn, I haven't seen anything that crazy in a while from a mainstream Sonic game:

Planet Wisp - Lush fields & out of this world (literally) plant life with an interesting tone of green & purple water, that gradually goes into deforestation with mechs that towers colossally into the sky near the end of the level.

Sweet Mountain - Self explanatory.

Trpoical Resort - A clash of the urban metropolis/carnival, tropical & space tropes in one.

Aquatic Park - East Asia combined with atlantis - I effing love this stage to bits (that combination of water blue, red oriental buildings & orange/yellow lights is beautiful & would love to have THIS as a real life resort)!

Starlight Carnival - An incredibly bright, neon filled, egg fleet like carnival.... IN SPACE!

Asteroid Coaster - Death's roller coaster in the middle of an astroid field with toxic green acid pools - reminds me somewhat of Stardust Speedway Bad Future, except less urban red/pinkness & more asteroids, roller coasters & green acid pits.

Terminal Velocity - Honestly though, I don't think I remember any other Sonic game that had the player running DOWN Space Stations to get to the home planet. Kind of a reverse Sonic CD intro of when Sonic runs up the chains of Little Planet.

Edited by Hyper-Shan
  • Thumbs Up 5

The game was a lot more fun, entertaining, charming, and enjoyable than those sorry exxuses for Sonic video games will ever dare to be.

But....thats just me.

Edited by SilverTheHedgehog

Best would be either Adventure 2, S3&K, or CD. All of those are just really enjoyable to me to this day. I could go back and replay those a lot of times.

Worst though would be Sonic Labyrinth on Game Gear. No. Just... No.

Worst: Pretty much everything since the series went 3D onward.

Just because you don't like them doesn't mean the games are terrible, and what you wrote is such a huge stretch. Sonic Adventure and Adventure 2 are factually good games. Sonic Adventure, in particular, garnered such a major reception and lasting impact that it and the Dreamcast are now in the Smithsonian in Washington, DC. Heroes may show some great stuff, but there are major issues in design and physics executions. Yet, both the good and bad don't outweigh each other; it's just average. Despite its ridiculous concept, Shadow the Hedgehog is really just an average to below-average game. Unleashed HD IS a decent game despite some questionable concept choices. But Sonic Colors and Generations ARE objectively great games despite their safe, short natures. The only truely terrible main series Modern game in this batch is Next-Gen for obvious reasons.

How are the classics not surreal? Sure they may resemble somethign in real life, but anything else from that is wild and something you'd never see in real life. Unless you do know where I can find a life size pinball tabel.

No, that's nothing but fantasy. Fantasy is twisting the environments up, yet retain some realistic value and don't carry a symbolic message. Sonic's environments are equivalent to Final Fantasy in terms of genre and physical realism.

Sonic is NOT surreal. If it were, it'd be like this:

mia_10255e.jpg

surrealism.jpg

420797844_12.jpg

This is surrealism in the truest sense, because it warps logic to create symbolic messages. Sonic doesn't do this at all; the closest are Sonic CD and Knuckles Chaotix, and that's just stretching it.

Its funny, SA2 didnt use any enviorments of the pics you posted. Instead they took the most plain settings on the face of the earth.
That doesn't make a difference. You called our world "plain," and that's obviously false. Despite the reds and browns, there's plenty of nice colors that make the game stand out. It's much more colorful than Next-Gen, which is TRUE realism. Sonic Adventure 2's colors are much cleaner.

But Paper Mario isnt a main series Mario game.
Doesn't make a difference. It's still a well-written serious story.

If I played Mario Land 3D and watch Mario sacrifice Luigi, I wouldnt be too happy.
Of course Mario ain't gonna do that. That's not in his nature. But you don't need to have a character sacrifice another to be serious or dark. You need a change of tone. Look at Toy Story 3 in comparison to its predecessors: serious and very moody, but excellently written.

Not only that, but the characters are so flat and bland, or it could be the voices. I didn't find the writing quality at all, I could find better stories in the Archie comics.
The writing IS of well-written quality. The only issue is its age, but aging of material shouldn't mean we should throw great work on the wayside. That's like saying the first three Star Wars movies are shit because its visuals and special effects aged terribly. And that's true. Their special effects would've been terrible today. But they were filmed during a time where technology wasn't so sophisticated, and that's why they're so hailed today.

The same with games like Super Mario 64. The graphics and camera are considered primitive for this day and age, and I can say the same with Adventure 2's presentation and acting. But SM64 is still hailed as one of the greatest games on the N64 because it helped shape expectations in not just 3D platforming, but gameplay altogether. Adventure 2 can be the same thing. The game has aged far better than Adventure in presentation, story, voice acting, and gameplay; yet if it were a new game now, it'd still be considered horrible. The current presentations of Generations, Unleashed (SD and HD) and Colors absolutely KILL both Adventure games'. But Adventure 2 wasn't released in 2011; it came out in in 2001, where video games were still evolving in terms of presentation, storyboarding, and 3D gaming. And in 2001, it was one of the greatest games, and therefore, it still is in the hearts of many people.

But then again, this paragraph is an opinion. Why cant I have mine? This is an opinion topic.

I, myself, don't respect opinions. I respect arguments.
If you express an opinion, expect people to not sit back idly. If you want to express something, be aware that people here will pick it apart. Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Thumbs Up 2

I kind of like the game, though I absolutely despise its story [surprisingly, Generations is even worse in that aspect] and too much 2D, short levels, boring bosses and stuff, so I have to say I agree with what he said.

Though I do think Colors levels tropes are the most original since Sonic heroes [talking about main 3D games here].

Best 3D game: Generations. Its of the highest quality. There are some iffy bits and Planet Wisp is too long. But then again, so is Sandopolis in S3K. Level design is exceptional once you move past Green Hill Zone. Its the best 3D game for a number of very obviousl reasons. Not the best story, but I don't see a better way of writing a story for what is essentially a "Best of Sonic the hedgehog" game.

Worst 3D game: Sonic 06. For obvious reasons. Plot is terrible, except for a couple decent parts. Gameplay is torrid to say the least. Programming is shoddy beyond beleif. Too many characters for no reason, beyond the fact that they exist. Soleanna was a boring and unecessarily massive hubworld.

Worst 3D game runner up: SA2. Its got a good plot. That's really it. Sonic and Shadow's stages vary from good to great. However, the controls are worse than SA1's, because they're too responsive. Sonic flings himself in the direction you're holding without any concern for previous speed and direction and little understanding of inertia. You shouldn't be able to turn 90 degrees whilst running at full speed, and not lose any of that speed. Completely ignores basic physics. Jumping does not carry your speed, it cancels all inertia. Don't even get me started on the totally horrifically designed Shooter stages, which are literally corridors. There are bits of platforming ruined by incredibly clunky controls. Then there are the annoying Treasure Hunting stages. The difficulty in these stages amounts to the radar. You can no longer sense the emerald shard nearest to you, which makes sense, rather you can only sense the emeralds in a particular order. Bigger problem is that they're so small, you can barely see them so sequence breaking is ludicrously difficult and tiresome. Then there is the bullshit hint system, which attempts to trick you in later stages. Fuck sakes its a platformer, not fucking Professor Layton. I shouldn't have to solve riddles or learn how to read backwards to find out where the hell I need to go in what become increasingly massive stages.

Best 2D game: Sonic 3 and Knuckles. Reasons are fairly obvious. Excellent level design, good story (yes it had one). Excellent controls etc.

Worst 2D game: Sonic Blast (GG). Its the single worst game I have ever had the discomfort of playing. If you have Mega Collection, or Plus, shunt that bugger into your PS2/PS3 (phat 60GB) or Gamecube/Wii and play Sonic Blast. Its nothing short of fucking terrible.

Edited by Scar

Best 3D game - Sonic Adventure

Lots of playable characters with unique abilities, varying levels and stories that are connected to each other, proper 3D gameplay, lots of secrets and amazing unlockables, perfect storyline, soundtrack with different music genres, but mostly rock that I love so much, etc, etc, etc. I love almost everything about this game. [except SOME of Big's levels]

Worst 3D game - Sonic Colors

Pretty much what I said about Sonic adventure but vice versa. I'll add that I don't even really count it as a 3D game since it's mostly in 2D and even 2D parts are not always fun. + extremely short levels and boring bosses which look and behave the same. The only really great thing about Colors is the music. I like it very much.[though I don't like bosses music at all except the final one]

Best 2D game - Sonic3&K

I don't even think I need to say why. OK, this game is long, there are 3 playable characters which have different paths, the levels structure is amazing with lots of secrets, hidden paths and stuff like that, the bosses are very good, the music is great, the replay value is VERY high [i still play this game almost every day on my DS xD]. Also, the game is quite challenging and of course don't forget about the physics, which are just perfect.

Worst 2D game - Sonic Colors or Sonic generations 3DS. I won't count games for Game Gear cause they are obviously much worse than games on other consoles. Why I chose Sonic Colors? Because it doesn't feel like it's a standalone game. It's just a weaker version of the two multiconsole games, pretty much like Sonic Unleashed Wii. The story is almost just as bad as in the Wii version [though I must admit there are no cringeworthy jokes like in Colors Wii] and compared to any of the Rush games, it looks weaker and cheaper, IMO.

I'd say Generations 3DS might be the worst 2D game, but I don't have a 3DS so I haven't played it yet hence no proper judgment.

Edited by ArtFenix

Just because you don't like them doesn't mean the games are terrible, and what you wrote is such a huge stretch.

I don't think it's that big a stretch. The levels really have been 'stuff over massive death pits' just like what Mario has done for a long time and it really doesn't suit the series. That and the sheer lack of bosses and decent enemies is also a factor in the decline (in my opinion).

I don't think it's that big a stretch. The levels really have been 'stuff over massive death pits' just like what Mario has done for a long time and it really doesn't suit the series. That and the sheer lack of bosses and decent enemies is also a factor in the decline (in my opinion).

• Thumbs Up 4