Awoo.

Best and Worst Sonic game in your opinion

AlphaRuby

Favorite:Sonic CD with the Japanese/European soundtrack.

Least favorite:Sonic 2006. So much potential that game had.

Glorified Unleashed level pack that only got people hooked because of nostalgia

Did nothing knew (see this) ^

Literally built on top of Unleashed

Artificial replayability

Rushed story line

So much wasted potential

Uhm, About the first and second one, that was the entire point.

Consistency.

What is "Artificial" Replayability.

The storyline wasn't rushed, it was just really, really bare.

Can't say anything about the last one.

What does Artificial replayability even mean?

Padding, perhaps? I don't remember the game having a lot of that, to be honest.

Glorified Unleashed level pack that only got people hooked because of nostalgia.

Did nothing knew (see this) ^

Nothing "knew" in what sense? No new stages? Well, dear, I do believe that was the whole point.

If we're talking about textures and models, then they reused Sonic's Model, Tails' Model. ring models (why would you change this?), ramps/springs models (why would you change these?) and a few textures from Rooftop Run. Everything else was completely brand new. They didn't reuse textures from the classics, and in fact some people actually complained that they looked too different (Why isn't sky sanctuary yellow, BAWWW)

You're right, that is SOOO lazy

Literally built on top of Unleashed

Yes, like how SA2 built on SA1, and how Shadow built on Heroes and how 06 built on (unsuccessfully) on SA1

Artificial replayability

What is artificial about any of the replayability?

Rushed story line

OK, so?

So much wasted potential

Fair enough on that front, but only when it comes to story.

Anyway, if it makes you happy to think of Generations as being lazy then go on. Nobody's stopping you. Yeah, people will challenge that incredibly shallow and arbitrary argument, but you're entitled to stick to it if you must.

What is "Artificial" Replayability.

...I assume she means that you had all of these extra missions that no one really cared about, but are still there, and there intentions are to extend the game for another 2 hours if your going to play them all to 100% the game.

The game didn't have ALOT of that...but I would have still gladly traded in all the missions for another 2 full levels. Preferable Scrap Brain zone and Marble Garden.

Edited by Mephiles550

Nothing "knew" in what sense? No new stages? Well, dear, I do believe that was the whole point.

Meant new, lol. Anyway, nothing new meaning I'd like to see something new for Modern Sonic game play wise.

Like I said, It feels way too much like Unleashed, with colors you actually felt like you could do other things.

Anyway, if it makes you happy to think of Generations as being lazy then go on. Nobody's stopping you. Yeah, people will challenge that incredibly shallow and arbitrary argument, but you're entitled to stick to it if you must.

And I understand that you're not happy because I just didn't enjoy Generations.

Edited by Scar

It's fine if you don't like it, im just wondering how the fuck it could ever be "worst Sonic game ever" quality.

Edited by The Noodle

I wouldn't mind if you didn't like Unleashed's daytime gameplay as a whole (plenty of people, like Diogenes don't), but you've said that you think Unleashed is the best game. So the idea that Generations plays too similarly to what you consider to be the best game, is just a little bit baffling to me.

• Thumbs Up 3

I'm only counting the main series titles, not any of the spin-offs (Considering they were all awful/not worth mentioning).

3D-wise:

The best: Sonic Adventure (1&2)/HD Sonic Unleashed

The worst: Sonic Colours/Sonic Generations

2D-wise:

The best: Sonic 1/Sonic Advance 1

The worst: Sonic 4 (Ep 1&2)/ Sonic CD

Edited by -L-

It's fine if you don't like it, im just wondering how the fuck it could ever be "worst Sonic game ever" quality.

I just think Sonic's been nerfed in Generations when you compare him to Unleashed Sonic.

Like I said, I can't do things in Generations like I normally could in Unleashed, there's so many walls I wanted to jump on in Gens to get somewhere quicker, but nope can't do it. Has to be marked like it's saying "Hey dummy, jump on this wall"

I've seen you criticise Generations for being too similar to Unleashed (therefore making it an expansion pack), yet here, you say that the problem is, that its too different.

I'm only counting the main series titles, not any of the spin-offs (Considering they were all awful/not worth mentioning).

3D-wise:

The best: Sonic Adventure (1&2)/HD Sonic Unleashed

The worst: Sonic Colours/Sonic Generations

2D-wise:

The best: Sonic 1/Sonic Advance 1

The worst: Sonic 4 (Ep 1&2)/ Sonic CD

Generations kinda made up everything with gameplay for me.

And I kinda hate and love Unleashed.

I like it because of the speed in the HD games.

I dislike it because of the shitty Wii/PS2 games and there being no PC one.

Alright smarty pants, I'm playing as Unleashed Sonic in modded Unleashed Generations stages where walls can only be jumped on if the game lets you.

You almost got me, I'll give you that.

Alright smarty pants, I'm playing as Unleashed Sonic in modded Unleashed Generations stages where walls can only be jumped on if the game lets you.

You almost got me, I'll give you that.

• Thumbs Up 8

I wouldn't say Sonic 06 is the worst. What we got is an abomination, but the concepts were the best the series had ever received:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7V2ZKwUt_s4

Frankly, I don't care for the concepts if their execution amounts to crap, which in Sonic '06's case... it did.

Worst 3D one is obviously '06, but the worst 2D one (VERY controversially) is Sonic 2.

Why? Well, there are so many stupid things about it. Tails can't fly, but kinda can when HE wants and he loses rings in special stages, speaking of which the special stages are a joke (it's the only Sonic game I've played that I never got all emeralds in) the enemy placement is so piss-taking it's not even funny, some of the badniks are annoying as hell (the firefly things in Mystic Cave), a lot of the level design is crap like in Metropolis or Aquatic Ruin, the music is hit and miss (some tracks are excellent, others are dull)...

It's not that terrible overall, but doesn't compare to any other 2D game. Except maybe the Rivals games.