Awoo.

The opportunities of a new Sonic show down the line.

VO.SUPER

I actually like the CGI Roadrunner.

And im pretty partial to a Sonic show, I mean, I have the comics for a constant supply of new Sonic stuff. Though im obviously the vast minority on that part. So I suppose a Sonic show would do some good if the animation was fluid and the writing was decent.

And no Chris.

• Thumbs Up 3

As impractical as it sounds, I'd love an animated adaptation of the Archie comics, simply because the stories are too good for mere still images. Though considering how expansive the continuity has become, fitting that all into a tv series would be quite the challenge. Theres also length as well as the fact that there are tons of important facts, details, events etc that are referenced time and time again, often stuff that happened LONG ago, which for any viewer jumping into the show midway through wouldn't have the aid of those citations the comic uses to understand what the characters are talking about.

• Thumbs Up 1

It cannot have any bad voice acting, poor plots of any kind, or messed up characters. Satam was close to this, but It can be better.

As impractical as it sounds, I'd love an animated adaptation of the Archie comics, simply because the stories are too good for mere still images. Though considering how expansive the continuity has become, fitting that all into a tv series would be quite the challenge. Theres also length as well as the fact that there are tons of important facts, details, events etc that are referenced time and time again, often stuff that happened LONG ago, which for any viewer jumping into the show midway through wouldn't have the aid of those citations the comic uses to understand what the characters are talking about.

And the fact that the comic is based on an ENTERLY DIFFRENT Sonic cartoon would just make a regular viewer's head explode.

Aside from the SatAM characters, passing it off as a completely disconnected series wouldn't be THAT hard. Hell, Scratch and Grounder appear from time to time.

MY main concern would be how they'd introduce a continuity that evolved alongside the main games; the two are very closely connected as game adaptations all occur concurrent to the official games. Everything starts with classic Sonic and simple saturday morning cartoon plots, then grows from there, and stays current to the game series at the time the issues are written, even giving canon explanations for Sonic's (and Amy's)design change. The characters really grow in the comics, and while thats all well and good, the time gap between the airing of a major game adaptation and when the official game was relevant would be huge.

Edited by Black Spy

Aside from the SatAM characters, passing it off as a completely disconnected series wouldn't be THAT hard. Hell, Scratch and Grounder appear from time to time.

MY main concern would be how they'd introduce a continuity that evolved alongside the main games, the two are very closely connected as game adaptations all occur concurrent to the official games. Everything starts with classic Sonic and simple saturday morning cartoon plots, then grows from there, and even giving canon explanations for Sonic's (and Amy's)design change. The characters really grow in the comics, and while thats all well and good, the time gap between the airing of a major game adaptation and when the official game was relevant would be huge.

For this to happen there would have to be a wealth of information going to the developers of the show, because that's the only way to get any game continuity into a show. It would have to be done one year before the game premieres in stores. Getting major plotlines done for this wouldn't be too big of a problem if there are multiple shows ala Slayers; of course stuff like that eats budgets for lunch, especially rushed budgets.

A comic like Archie's though, would be nigh impossible to translate as a show since the comic is so newcomer hostile it's teeth-marks are the size of Canada.

I can imagine it as a CGI show. It would be pretty neat, in my opinion. They should get input from the fans and maybe the show will be a real great hit.

• Thumbs Up 3

I'd rather have something like AoStH, but I'm not sure audiences today would take particularly well to something like that.

And nothing like SatAM or today's Sonic comics, I never cared for plotlines like that anyway.

Why do you want a new Sonic show? I mean, Sonic already has 4 TV shows compared to most game franchises which have only one or a few, and I think that is enough. The cartoons are not important to the series as the games are. I'd much rather have a new Sonic game that is good as the classics instead of a full-length movie on the big screen or a fifth show (I don't hate any of the Sonic shows, I actually like them, but enough is enough).

Edited by Vulpine

Why do you want a new Sonic show? I mean, Sonic already has 4 TV shows compared to most game franchises which have only one or a few, and I think that is enough. The cartoons are not important to the series as the games are. I'd much rather have a new Sonic game that is good as the classics instead of a full-length movie on the big screen or a fifth show (I don't hate any of the Sonic shows, I actually like them, but enough is enough).

I actually want it to be Anime.i mean CGI is to expensive for TV show and Anime is effective and fairly cheaper than CGI.

• Thumbs Up 1

I would love a new Sonic show, but keep 4Kids as far away as possible from it! I would want it separate from games, but the stories should feel like they could fit into a game if they wanted to. If they can afford VE studios to make full-quality CGI, then by all means, but that might be too expensive, so I'd go with traditional animation.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Thumbs Up 3

I guess a good old fashioned 2D drawn western animation show is just outdated now huh?

Edited by Zinos
  • Thumbs Up 2

Traditional animation is awesome, it's a shame Disney abandoned it for quite a while and Dreamworks completely ditched it outright. :/

So speaking on that note I would definitely accept a traditionally animated show as well.

Traditionally animated shows aren't too uncommon here in the states. As long as CGI remains bloody expensive, 2D animation rocks television. The problem is though, is that whenever traditional stuff gets expensive we move into Flash, and Flash is no good, unless used right.

BSA_My_Little_Pony.png

• Thumbs Up 1

My biggest fear here is that the show, which just about anyone can watch, will be more exposed than the 50-bucks a piece games. If the show has Colors-storytelling? Potential fans'll get turned off immediately. At first i was gonna be steadfast and just whine that a shonen anime is the only show medium worthy of Sonic. The kind of Shonen that makes it stateside is usually simple that the kids watching will understand, but complex enough that anyone more developed will still be entertained. Someone brought up Clone Wars, though, and that writing deserves commendment. It's still cartoon-style storytelling where everything is self contained, but it takes itself seriously and manages to make you laugh without being a joke in the better episodes. That's a perfect match for the Sonic franchise IMO.

I'd rather it not get tied up with the old western canon if at all possible. Too many people still consider the old canon to have came before, well, the main canon, and if Sally Acorn and Scourge the Hedgehog are on TV, we'll suddenly have them wanted in the games.

Art-wise, an epic hand-drawn art style like the CD cutscenes would really make the show stand out, but is that feasable these days?

My biggest fear here is that the show, which just about anyone can watch, will be more exposed than the 50-bucks a piece games. If the show has Colors-storytelling? Potential fans'll get turned off immediately. At first i was gonna be steadfast and just whine that a shonen anime is the only show medium worthy of Sonic. The kind of Shonen that makes it stateside is usually simple that the kids watching will understand, but complex enough that anyone more developed will still be entertained. Someone brought up Clone Wars, though, and that writing deserves commendment. It's still cartoon-style storytelling where everything is self contained, but it takes itself seriously and manages to make you laugh without being a joke in the better episodes. That's a perfect match for the Sonic franchise IMO.

I'd rather it not get tied up with the old western canon if at all possible. Too many people still consider the old canon to have came before, well, the main canon, and if Sally Acorn and Scourge the Hedgehog are on TV, we'll suddenly have them wanted in the games.

Art-wise, an epic hand-drawn art style like the CD cutscenes would really make the show stand out, but is that feasable these days?

It really depends entirely on the direction of the writers, if they want to be serious or funny.