Awoo.

Worst Sonic boss?

The Dead Skin

I see some people are talking about the first boss battle in the early games, but correct me if I'm wrong, isn't the beginning of a game supposed to be easy so it draws you further in? Until your fighting Silver Sonic and the Death Egg Robot with no rings.

Yes, but there's a reason everyone here hates the Doodlebug Mecha in Sonic 2 Game Gear...

Almost all bosses in Colors were unbelievably boring and repetitive both gameplay and design wise.

Almost forgot about Time eater - the worst final boss ever. [i'm talking about the HD version here, didn't play the 3DS one but judging from the videos it looks much better than the HD one.]

Don't like Dark Gaia HD as well. Only the beginning looks good, but the fight itself...Yeah, not so much.

Edited by ArtFenix

Worst ever? Sorry, but ima have to go with Time Eater as well. Though Solaris is almost as bad, and Chaos 4 is just boring.

Another one I hate is the boss of Death Egg Zone in S3&K. Not the Robotnik mech, that was cool. I mean the one with the spherical body that you can only damage by going into those gravity tubes and making those little spiky things hit his underside. That thing is the definition of tedious.

Oh oh OH. NOW I remembered one I really hate with all my heart. Robot Storm from Heroes. It's literally just wave after wave of robots coming at you in segments, and if you die in one segment (which is likely due to the awkward fighting mechanics) you have to start all over. Most of the Heroes bosses and enemies sucked due to the clunky and monotonous fighting elements. I'm glad they've gone back to one-hit-kill enemies.

Alot of the CD bosses are annoying too. Not really difficult, just boring. Like the conveyor belt one. Metal Sonic was cool though.

I never liked the 2nd Tails vs. Eggman fight in SA2. I love the events corresponding to the fight (Sonic in the capsule), but I hate the fight itself. Such a small arena, and I only dodge that giant laser from Eggman about 25% of the time.

EDIT: Or I just suck at the boss.

Edited by thebluehedgehog
  • Thumbs Up 1

The whole final boss section in Unleashed after Eggmanland sucked, besides Egg Dragoon at least. Time Eater also was a shit boss.

I'd say Time Eater was the worst boss very poor (HD one) and Ix from Chronicles follows. I didn't like most of the bosses from Colors either and Silver in 06 (Soleanna Castle Town/Radical train).

The final boss in Sonic CD is just so anticlimactic not to mention ridiculously easy. Its like Sonic caught Robotnik on the toilet because that's what it looks like, a giant flying toilet with four wings attached to it.

Interestingly 'Taxman', the genius who recently gave us that awesome Sonic CD port, programed a new extra final boss but Sega felt the port should not deviate too much from the original game and it was not included.

• Thumbs Up 1

Interestingly 'Taxman', the genius who recently gave us that awesome Sonic CD port, programed a new extra final boss but Sega felt the port should not deviate too much from the original game and it was not included.

What, he did? I never heard about this, link please?

I want to go with the crowd and say Time Eater's the worst boss, but I'm gonna go with a much earlier one, that everyone think is easy. That's right! The Labyrinth Zone Boss. Not only do you have to keep up with Robotnik, dodge fire and spears, but the water level is constantly rising, so you can't stop moving or you'll drown. Of course, this goes with the difficulty, but it's just plain annoying.

I want to go with the crowd and say Time Eater's the worst boss, but I'm gonna go with a much earlier one, that everyone think is easy. That's right! The Labyrinth Zone Boss. Not only do you have to keep up with Robotnik, dodge fire and spears, but the water level is constantly rising, so you can't stop moving or you'll drown. Of course, this goes with the difficulty, but it's just plain annoying.

Oh yeah THAT fucker. It's bad enough on the Mega Drive version, but playing it on the GBA Port is a fucking nightmare. The terrible frame rate is your main enemy there, not the spears or the rising water, they're just the minor issues.

Oh yeah THAT fucker. It's bad enough on the Mega Drive version, but playing it on the GBA Port is a fucking nightmare. The terrible frame rate is your main enemy there, not the spears or the rising water, they're just the minor issues.

Dear God... The memories :(

Also I think iblis while playing as sonic and shadow in 06 was pretty shitty because it was so damn tedious. Oh hell all of the bosses in 06 were shitty.

Sonic Rush bosses were generally rather boring, especially when compared with the stages.

But the worst boss fight I've ever experienced was the fight between Sonic and Shadow in Green Forest in SA2. The controls were so awfully sloppy I kept homing-attacking out of the stage.

No boss can be more annoying than King Boom Boo on emulator, though. (DC emulators can't display the shadow you have to attack after you let light into the room, so it's impossible to win without changing some settings)

The Marble Garden Zone battle from Sonic 3... as Tails.

Perhaps it's just me, but having a battle where you can only damage the boss by hitting it with a very small part of your body isn't exactly my idea of a good one. What's worse, just like the battle as Sonic, you're in the air the whole time, the boss can fly in and out of every corner of the screen and, because said "small part of your body" is on your "upper side", you can only really hit the boss when he's going horizontally. This is pretty much the "That One Boss" of Tails' campaign through Sonic 3/Sonic 3 and Knuckles.

Edited by Komodin
  • Thumbs Up 5

The Marble Garden Zone battle from Sonic 3... as Tails.

Perhaps it's just me, but having a battle where you can only damage the boss by hitting it with a very small part of your body isn't exactly my idea of a good one. What's worse, just like the battle as Sonic, you're in the air the whole time, the boss can fly in and out of every corner of the screen and, because said "small part of your body" is on your "upper side", you can only really hit the boss when he's going horizontally. This is pretty much the "That One Boss" of Tails' campaign through Sonic 3/Sonic 3 and Knuckles.

Ya know I never found much issue with that boss on my first Tails playthrough, the only obstacle is just avoiding the flame jets and you're good.

The boss from Labyrinth Zone in the original Sonic the Hedgehog. The zone was bad. The boss made me (for the first and last time) throw a Genesis controller on the ground and walk away.

The first 6 Bosses in Sonic Colors (Wii), the first 3 were piss easy, and the later 3 were slightly harder rehashes of the first 3, only in a different environment. Lame. I also hate the Lost Labyrinth Zone Boss in Sonic 4 E1; one mistake and it was instant death. It doesn't help that you have to fight it twice in the game.

Edited by Spider-Man Noir

The first 6 Bosses in Sonic Colors (Wii), the first 3 were piss easy, and the later 3 were slightly harder rehashes of the first 3, only in a different environment. Lame. I also hate the Lost Labyrinth Zone Boss in Sonic 4 E1; one mistake and it was instant death. It doesn't help that you have to fight it twice in the game.

Wasn't fun for me either. Didn't really like the similar boss from Sonic 1's Labyrinth Zone. Still haven't beaten that.

Sonic Colors' bosses outside of the Egg Nega Wisp were generally pretty weak, but not offensive enough to really call them some of the worst.

Time Eater is up there simply due to the fact that it bored me to tears. It's not fun, it's not engaging, it doesn't have a halfway decent tune to back it up either. It's just a total bore with a coat of annoying repeating dialogue spread on top. It's a poor way to end an otherwise amazingly fun experience.

Perfect Dark Gaia, more specifically Perfect Dark Gaia Phase 1 was absolute shit and there's nothing anyone can say to justify how fucking horrible it was. The Gaia Colossus was the biggest hunk of shit I've ever had the misfortune of controlling in a video game.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't know if it counts but the only boss that I really really really got frustrated, the last boss of sonic riders zero gravity. I spent so much time on that stupid thing...

Besides that, a lot of sonic boss fights just bore me or I get tired of playing them.

Generations was an exception I really liked all the bosses, well time eater was kinda of meh, but for me it felt just like almost all super sonic fights, just keep pressing the boost until you hit him.

Hmmm...I like most Sonic bosses really! =)

But yeah there have been some pretty bad ones. Its kinda hard to say. I personally dont really like the dark gaia boss from Sonic Unleashed Wii. But I cant say its the worse. The worst has to be the rival battles. they never really worked that well. You usually had to spam the homing atack, or it was just too easy. Sonic Adventure had that for instance. Just jump on knuckles 3 times or so and your done. Sonic heroes was just spamming the homing atack for those team battles. and later titles never did it right either. remember those mediocre bosses from Sonic and the Black Knight? They did it right in Generations though. Whoa, I made my post a bit long, didnt I? sorry, couldnt help myself I guess...

Time eater. Some say this boss is not as bad as it seems but it's still a poorly made boss and a major disgrace. I mean shouldn't the final boss be something evil, awesome, something that makes you wanna come back and beat his ass again? Egg Dragoon (Generations) would have made a perfect final boss. Another bad boss was Solaris. It was not as bad as time eater but it still sucked ass. And that Dog thing from Sonic 06. Maybe it was the game that made that boss suck. I don't know but I hated it.

But the one boss to this day that still gives me nightmares is the Death Egg robo from Sonic 2. No rings, and your put up against a giant robot. One that I (when I was a kid) could not find it's weak spot. Fantastic idea but one that I hate to this day. But the music was fantastic.

But the one boss to this day that still gives me nightmares is the Death Egg robo from Sonic 2. No rings, and your put up against a giant robot. One that I (when I was a kid) could not find it's weak spot. Fantastic idea but one that I hate to this day. But the music was fantastic.

• Thumbs Up 1

Dude if you really think that boss is hard then I dare you to fight it with knuckles without screaming your head off with rage. For me personally, I never got pass that boss. Thankfully generations was made so I could get my revenge after all of those years.

I didn't beat it til like a few years ago. And that was with debug mode and Super sonic. Trying to tackle that robot with any of the 3 characters was a bitch.