Awoo.

Worst Sonic boss?

The Dead Skin

In terms of in-game logic and sense, the chemical plant boss was just plain retarded.

Eggman "Bwahaha, I'll clean up the chemicals from the plant in a slow and tiny machine, then dump them on Sonic! GENIOUS!"

Come to think of it, most of the Sonic 2 bosses were dumb in context. Hitting the top of a tiki stone just in case Sonic is standing there, creating mini balloons of himself, the Drill.

I'm starting to wonder if Classic Eggman is more crazy then Modern Eggman.

The team battles from Heroes.

The Egg Nega-Wisp Armor battle from Colors (Wii) was pretty nice.

I also liked the Lizard fights from Sonic Adventure 2.

In terms of in-game logic and sense, the chemical plant boss was just plain retarded.

Eggman "Bwahaha, I'll clean up the chemicals from the plant in a slow and tiny machine, then dump them on Sonic! GENIOUS!"

The beta version of Sonic 2 included a sprite that seemed to be a lampshading of this logic; By having the mech malfunction and dump the chemicals on Eggman.

s2protoslimeani.gif

:lol:

• Thumbs Up 6

I'd probably say the Sonic/Blaze Rush fight is the worst. That or Perfect Dark Gaia.(It all comes back to button mashing) Who was the genius that decided that mashing two buttons at the same time was a good idea?

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh god the collision chaos boss, my ptsd is acting up now.

But yeah, the majority of the 3D bosses have been shit honestly.

I don't see how the Egg dragoon (Generations) can be called "the worst sonic boss" Yes it is repetative but not bad.(I find it fun) SOO many bosses are worse.

But for me it would be the King arthur battle. GOD the first time i tried out that thing it took me forever! And the Dark gaia hd battle.

Super Emerl from Sonic Battle

Oh my god, every hit is a near insta kill attack, and the only way to beat him is through spamming moves and charging for 1HKOs, but if you leave yourself vulnerable for a mere second, he will kill you in two hits.

Egg Saucer from Sonic Advance 2

Sky Canyon was already hell for me when playing as Sonic, seeing as the first time I played it I wasn't aware of the trick actions, so I always died when I ended up on the lower path. So when I finally got through to the boss to unlock Knuckles, my god did I learn to loathe the echidna. That hand, that fucking hand ;<;

Egg Chase from Sonic Advance 3

I can't even touch this boss without having Tails or Cream somewhere to help me, this boss is just plain wrong, and whoever made it should feel wrong.

Egg Emperor from Sonic Heroes

This boss is so broken at times, its near impossible to take certain paths without getting smacked in the face by one of his slashes or getting charged into, and this thing is incredibly drawn out if you don't use the Team Blast at every possible oppurtunity

The Tropical Resort & Planet Wisp bosses from Colors

They're so bloody easy that they're hardly bosses at all, especially when you have one of the wisps. Though I did like their Omega-ish arms

I'm going to say all the bosses in colors (save for the nega wisp) as well. A lot of them were just rehashes of one another.

I guess I must be the only person on the entire forum that didn't have as many problems with the Time Eater.

The two that immediately come to mind are the Underground Zone boss and 2006 Silver. Otherwise any other possible choices are only mildly annoying in comparison. Needless to say, there's a lot of bosses I do like.

There really hasn't been a decent boss battle since 1998 hasn't there.
  • Thumbs Up 1

That stupid ball thing from Death Egg Zone Act 2 in S&K.

I really hate that boss. It's not even hard, it's just long and tedious.

Edited by Solkia :U
  • Thumbs Up 1

I think the boss of the Green Hill Zone in the 8-Bit version of Sonic The Hedgehog for the Game Gear. Robotnik didnt even pull out any sort've contraptions at the bottom of his Egg Mobile, he just tried driving into Sonic. Kind've expected tho seeing as its watered down from the original game.

Time eater. Some say this boss is not as bad as it seems but it's still a poorly made boss and a major disgrace. I mean shouldn't the final boss be something evil, awesome, something that makes you wanna come back and beat his ass again? Egg Dragoon (Generations) would have made a perfect final boss. Another bad boss was Solaris. It was not as bad as time eater but it still sucked ass. And that Dog thing from Sonic 06. Maybe it was the game that made that boss suck. I don't know but I hated it.

I hated the Biolizard and Final Hazard for a while until I managed to finally beat them. I had such a hard time with them at first. The character battles from Sonic Adventure were nothing. I wouldn't even call them battles.

Now that I think about it, aside from one or two, I'm not normally a fan of character battles. Especially if Sonic's the opponent. Mainly for how common it is (or was). Fighting Sonic regularly as an enemy sort of undermines him IMO, as well as making the concept of "You get to fight Sonic!" less exciting. It's like if every Mario game had you fight Mario at some point.

Otherwise, they're usually rubbish anyways, be it because they're hilariously lackluster (Sonic/Knuckles/Gamma in SA1), a badly executed Rock-Paper-Scissors clusterfuck (Team Battles in Heroes), or as aforementioned undermine the opponent (Sonic in ShtH/Sonic & Shadow in 2006). I think the SA2 battles/Generations battles/Sonic VS Blaze were better attempts at it compared to the rest.

• Thumbs Up 4

Now that I think about it, aside from one or two, I'm not normally a fan of character battles. Especially if Sonic's the opponent. Mainly for how common it is (or was). Fighting Sonic regularly as an enemy sort of undermines him IMO, as well as making the concept of "You get to fight Sonic!" less exciting. It's like if every Mario game had you fight Mario at some point.

Otherwise, they're usually rubbish anyways, be it because they're hilariously lackluster (Sonic/Knuckles/Gamma in SA1), a badly executed Rock-Paper-Scissors clusterfuck (Team Battles in Heroes), or as aforementioned undermine the opponent (Sonic in ShtH/Sonic & Shadow in 2006). I think the SA2 battles/Generations battles/Sonic VS Blaze were better attempts at it compared to the rest.

I'd strip that down to just Sonic v Blaze and the Generations bosses. SA2's were often clumsy, and the Shadow v Sonic one at the end was imo the only halfway good one. Both Eggman v Tails fights are lame because it's "hope he dies first" button mash, aside from the cheap ass laser that takes off half of your health and can hit you again if you're really unlucky. Rouge v Knuckles is annoying as hell too because it's really hard to keep track of them so it's just a confusing mess. Having them a bit more structured like the aforementioned exceptions makes them better and less arbitrary.

Oh and Vela Nova is fucking amazing anyway.

As for the 06 ones, I only played Sonic v Silver but god damn having him grab you while you can't even struggle free or something is just bullshit. It just is. It's bullshit. He'll get you and there's not a bloody thing you can do about it. The one in Generations is so many times better it's not even funny, and it's actually fun, too.

Edited by Semi-colon e

I think the Generations battle was an improvement for Silver and Sonic.

Silver gets to be a legitimately tough opponent worthy of respect, and Sonic doesn't get knocked out by him twice (followed by death courtesy of Mephiles) and instead dodges flying cars without skipping a beat.

Chaos 6. Far too easy. I still wonder why Eggman was even throwing those ice bombs when they clear didn't help Chaos at all.

Not sure if this counts but the last mission in Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing (I'd consider it a Boss Battle) was annoying for the AAA rank

... Robot storm from Heroes,with the Chaotix. It barely qualifies as a boss fight, as it's just a load of badniks. With the Chaotix, however, the "Espio cannon" segment was really inaccurate and tedious.

Definitely Doodlebug Mecha from Sonic 2 GG, that's why I don't even bother to play that version. :\ I also don't like the mini-boss in Death Egg Zone from S&K, though usually if i'm playing the game with Sonic 3 locked on I already have all the chaos/super emeralds at that point, so I transform into Hyper Sonic and kick it's butt. :V Also, I think Aspect thought that Sonic 2 GG was too difficult, so they made Sonic Chaos (Sonic & Tails in Japan) so easy. :\ And Egg Viper, jeez that took me forever to beat. And I defeated him in front of my crush at the time. xD So I guess she gave me good luck or something. :V And finally, Planet Wisp's boss is a b*tch, (in the DS version) and I don't even think i've beat it yet. :\ (Been a while since i've played Sonic Colors...)