Awoo.

Worst Sonic boss?

The Dead Skin

-gives thread a 1-Up Mushroom-

I apologize for the bump, but I just ran into a boss that I simply hate, hate, hate: the Sonic & Diablon battle from Shadow the Hedgehog.

For starters, let's talk about the main foe to destroy: the Diablon itself. Okay, whose bright idea is it to have a boss that's usually completely shielded from harm, but has to completely drop its guard in order to attack? Attacking the mech itself is a pain since you have to dodge said attack in order to hit it (with the game's dodgy-at-best controls, chances are you will be hit a few times) and it takes so damn long to chip away with the Homing Attack. Even with weapons, it's a tedious affair since you have to get close enough for it to drop its guard and hope the auto-aim gods are on your side and your shots hit the mech and not Sonic. Speaking of Sonic...

Another thing I hate about the battle is Sonic. Yes, the Blue Blur himself. See, I'm completely cool with having Sonic as a boss battle for this game; it was pretty much what I wanted most when I first saw the first trailer for Shadow. Having Sonic serve as less of a boss and more of a footstool to get to said "real" boss? Yeah, not cool. Especially uncool is the fact that since Sonic's invincible, it really undermines the whole point of a boss battle with him.

All in all, this battle just sucks.

• Thumbs Up 2

"GET A LOAD OF-GET A LOAD OF-GET A LOAD OF THIS!"

Seriously that final fight as Tails in SA1 was just ridiculous.

That stupid ball thing from Death Egg Zone Act 2 in S&K.

What! This boss was easy and quick. Just spam spin dash all the time and you will eventually win.

I can't really think of bad boss right now.... I hate Death Egg Robo but it's not bad boss. I just suck at him dry.png

Solaris and Time Eater basically take the cake as two of the worst. Having a terrible boss in Sonic 06 was no surprise, but it really was a disappointment to have Sonic Generations end on such a bum note.

• Thumbs Up 1

Solaris and Time Eater basically take the cake as two of the worst. Having a terrible boss in Sonic 06 was no surprise, but it really was a disappointment to have Sonic Generations end on such a bum note.

Which really shocked me because the bosses from daytime level Sonic in unleashed and all the other bosses in generations were great besides that last boss.

Personally, the one I hated the most was the final boss, Alf-Layla-wa-Layla (Secret Rings), was pretty bad. I think it was mainly being forced to hear them speak the same lines over and over after every defeat I got, combined with the clunky controls of the system. It was very hair ripping.

Oh, and Jason Griffith trying to sound like a badass Darkspine Sonic is kinda ear rape.

Edited by WittyUsername

I've seen people complain about Knuckles' fight in Sky Canyon, I honestly found him easy. :P But no that one boss for me is the Eggman fight in Ice Paradise.

FUCK THAT GUY. That bitch is the reason I stopped playing with Sonic my first time going through Advance 2 and went to Cream.

AND EVEN WITH CREAM HE IS STILL A BITCH! DX Those bombs man those fucking bombs~~~. *cries in the corner* ;A;

I made a topic like this in another forum. And I still remember what boss I called out as the worse;

Ix.

Seriously, I beat this guy in just two turns - and the ONLY reason it was two turns is because my finger slipped at some point while doing the POW moves. I'm 200% confident that I could just as easily take him down in just ONE turn. In fact, I may try that the next time I want to play Chronicles. How hard can it be?

Final bosses are NEVER supposed to that easy. It undermines the whole thing.

Ix USED to be my top competior for the worst boss in the series. Now, I find Time Eater far worse. Seriously, how in the heck are you supposed to even defeat him?=/

I think I'll reiterate Time Eater. Ignoring the characters' commentary, never before have I felt so lost fighting something in a Sonic game. This must be the only boss in any game I've ever beat in which to this day I still don't know how to beat it. Getting close to the thing- much less dodging his attacks- is an exercise in frustration, and aiming for his supposed weak spot is also a crap shoot because I'm still completely clueless on how to properly utilize each Sonic's actual attacks against him, and in fact for the longest time I didn't even know they had attacks beyond boosting forward in the sky. Every other boss I've encountered in the series makes proper sense in both its fighting style and the execution of attacks against it. Time Eater just... doesn't. The entire thing is a mess.

Also, I was totally expecting to fight the gaseous monster as normal Sonic(s) in Green Hill due to the useless trailer CGI. How fucking cool would that have been to have an apocalyptic battle take place where it all began? But alas.

• Thumbs Up 5

The final boss fight with Dr. Robotnik in the first Sonic game. It's one of the easiest final bosses ever.

Egg. Fucking. Emperor.

The chase parts are horrible with the insanely pissy controls (especially in the PS2 version), and half the time you can't see the sword beams.

The "arena" parts are horrible with the still insanely pissy controls and the robot won't stop raising his shield. And you'll need a fuckton of hits to take that bastard down.

The Sonic Dimpserations rendition of this fight is a thousand times better than this crap.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 months later...

One step closer to the zombie apocalypse.

Anyway. Surprisingly some of the more notorious bosses like Doodlebug Mecha and the Spinball final boss aren't too bad to me. I can agree that Time Eater, though, is infuriating in a bad way. Most of the SA2 character vs. character fights (especially the final Tails vs. Eggman and Sonic vs. Shadow battles) are annoying too.

As much as I love Sonic CD, the bosses (other than Metal Sonic) were weak. Really weak.

That, or any boss from Heroes, 06, or Advance 2

Dark Gaia is so much worse than Time Eater imo. With Time Eater it's reasonably brief and you can at least just Boost to win. Dark Gaia is a ridiculously long slog with bullshit QTE shit, Gaia Colossus anal matter, and Super Sonic controls SO HORRIBLY, especially when you're trying to attack the tentacles. And trying to get rings on the run up to them? Nigh impossible because you'll smash into rocks placed JUST after them on most occasions. This is the one Sonic boss so far (though I've not played much of 06 but I did fight Silver as Sonic, I would like to subject myself to it fully one day but I can't justify paying money for it considering I've played just enough to know how much it sucks) where I've gone "never again".

Edited by Semi-colon e
  • Thumbs Up 3

Dark Gaia is so much worse than Time Eater imo. With Time Eater it's reasonably brief and you can at least just Boost to win. Dark Gaia is a ridiculously long slog with bullshit QTE shit, Gaia Colossus anal matter, and Super Sonic controls SO HORRIBLY, especially when you're trying to attack the tentacles. And trying to get rings on the run up to them? Nigh impossible because you'll smash into rocks placed JUST after them on most occasions. This is the one Sonic boss so far (though I've not played much of 06 but I did fight Silver as Sonic, I would like to subject myself to it fully one day but I can't justify paying money for it considering I've played just enough to know how much it sucks) where I've gone "never again".

Bugger! I knew I was forgetting something. Yeah, if you play the HD version of Unleashed, prepare for a HORRIFIC final boss!

Eggman Land took me 2 weeks, and this boss took me 3 days! I hate BOTH!

Go to hell, DARK GAIA!!! DX DX DX

Edited by Cristian Fox

It's a tie between this thing:

walkthrough_007a.jpg

And The Shit Mobile Eggman rode in Sonic 2's Chemical plant.

waterboss.jpg

Bugger! I knew I was forgetting something. Yeah, if you play the HD version of Unleashed, prepare for a HORRIFIC final boss!

Eggman Land took me 2 weeks, and this boss took me 3 days! I hate BOTH!

Go to hell, DARK GAIA!!! DX DX DX

The Dark Gaia HD boss was Basically just a Quick Time event with a few annoying level thrown, and Sumo Chip.

Perfect Dark Gaia was The ultimate Quick Time event.

Edited by Mephiles550

Seriously? Dark Gaia wasn't that bad. Wasn't good, but it's just kind of lame, not horrible.

What's so bad about the battle with the Big Boy?

It was piss easy.

You could beat the boss in about 5-10 seconds. I really dislike it when bosses are that easy.

It did have some great Boss music though. I will give it that.

But the boss only lasts 10 seconds, and the music for it lasts about a minute and a half.

All of Sonic Advance 2's (I think it was 2) bosses were absolutely atrocious. You know, where you're constantly running? Ugh. I HATE them.

All of Sonic Advance 2's (I think it was 2) bosses were absolutely atrocious. You know, where you're constantly running? Ugh. I HATE them.

What about the final boss of XX zone, it's the only non running boss in the game if memory serves.

First Silver boss as Sonic in 06. I really don't think that needs any explanation.

What about the final boss of XX zone, it's the only non running boss in the game if memory serves.

And for this reason, it's one of the easiest bosses in the entire game. I find the running bosses work much better in 3D where you have more of a chance to react to stuff. Ice Paradise's pinch mode was crazy annoying to react to.