Awoo.

Worst Sonic boss?

The Dead Skin

Every Sonic Advance 2 boss.

Lf_boss.pngHcz_boss.pngMpz_boss.pngIpz_boss.pngScz_boss.pngTbz_boss.pngEuz_boss.pngSadv2_xx_boss.pngTrutharea53.png

Seriously. ALL THESE GUYS. Edited by Wooly-Vinyl
  • Thumbs Up 2

Wow a lot of recent gen bosses I see. =P

SA1 had those unbelievably stupid character battles. "oh no, oh no, oh no" YOU WIN! Seriously? At least the ones in SA2 didn't take 10 seconds to beat!

Sonic 06 has some bad boss battles, but the Silver one stands out the most for me. Flawed and incredibly annoying is all I can say!

And most recently, the Time Eater in Sonic Generations. Why did they have to end the game with the most confusing and disappointing final boss battle in Sonic game history? >_<

I don't know about worst in the series, but I found Sonic 4 to have pretty bad bosses. Episode 1's I'll ignore as they're bad mostly because they're so rehashed you might as well not bother, but Episode 2 has some of the most drawn out and tedious boss battles ever. Which is odd because Dimps made Rush Adventure with some of the most fast paced bosses in the entire series, and many of those are surprisingly brief despite the fact they take a shitload of hits. It's not as bad for the Metal Sonic bosses (or the final boss because you're platforming around trying to figure out how to reach him rather than just waiting), but the two Eggman bosses in the levels are just so drawn out and repetitive, rarely giving you a chance to attack while there's nothing to really do. And then you've got the music that's ten seconds long as well, going on for at least 2 minutes...

Metal Sonic bosses have a few cheap moves, but I find them much more fun as they're less tedious. The Metal Sonic and Eggman team up was terrible though, completely pointless, and the race was broken with either 69 or Super Sonic (speaking of which, Super Sonic doubling damage on bosses should have been in the series a long time ago and it's a godsend).

I do like the final boss though, I think it's pretty challenging without being overly cheap.

Though Episode 1 does have the Lost Labyrinth boss where it's really hard to figure out where the crushing pillars are gonna go until it's too late and it's completely fucking arbitrary as to whether you'll hit him or not sometimes, and the crushingness means any mistake is effectively instant death anyway. Or the final boss, which is really tedious and sometimes you'll make a hit and then lose your rings ANYWAY.

Edited by Semi-colon e
  • Thumbs Up 1

SA1 had those unbelievably stupid character battles. "oh no, oh no, oh no" YOU WIN! Seriously? At least the ones in SA2 didn't take 10 seconds to beat!

Eh, the shooting battles come close. XD

Time Eater in Generations. Need I say more?

Oh, and the final boss in Chronicles. 2 hits. That's all it took for me to beat it, and that's only because my finger slipped during the first turn.

• Thumbs Up 2

Come on guys, the Time Eater is pisseasy if you know what to do.

The worst boss ever in my opinion was either the slug Iblis in '06 or Knuckles in Advance 2.

I'd have to say Silver the Hedgehog. The only memorable thing with that fight was escaping the arena. And that was a GLITCH. You guys all know it, so I honestly don't think I have to explain myself.

Oh and don't forget about King Boom Boo. Remember this? "BLAAAARGH BLAAAAARGH BLAAAARGH!!!!!"

Am I the only one who thought Shadow in Generations was bad? All it amounted to was boosting ahead of Shadow to get power-up's before he did then boosting into rocks and then into him once to nail him. The origin of this boss fight might not have been that great (Sonic vs Shadow in SA2) but this one was easily worse. It's all boost, boost, boost. Where's the ability to use Chaos Control? Where is the direct one-on-one fight? Where's Sonic's Sonic Wind?

• Thumbs Up 1

It's not that horrible, but it hasn't been mentioned yet.

Metal Sonic from Generations. It was a decent boss fight, but it was such a pale shadow of the original fight that it took a lot out of it. In the original, you were fighting Metal on his and Doc's terms. You run, you don't die. You don't try to hurt Metal, because he'll whoop your ass if you get close to him. This one was like "ohey im from sonic advance 2 go ahead and kill me".

But yeah, the worst is probably the Silver fight from 06.

Edited by HyperMetal

It's mentioned before, but pretty much the Egg Dealer from Shadow the Hedgehog, it's (dare I say this) worse than the Silver fight ('06).

If we're talking about a boss fight for Sonic, then I guess I go with the first boss in Sonic 2.

I would say the boss at the end of Lava Reef. Eggman's great plan was first just put spiked ball on an incline towards himself (which may I add he created) then hope the hedgehog screws up his jumps and lands in the lava or his balls. And to make matters worse he never put a fail-safe in-case his machine gets exposed to lava which if it was not a video game would have killed him.

Sky Canyons rolling hand of instant death can make like a tree... and get outta here. The level was hard enough without this guy killing me in one hit.

The Iblis slug form. Long, drawn out and completly boring.

Just like the rest of 06!

BA-DUM-TSH

Edited by HyperMetal
  • Thumbs Up 1

...baw and I was planning on putting Time Eater too before I read the op. ;A; Well then, if Olympic games count I'd have to go with the Curling rival match against the Dry Bones team from the Winter game. Ugh. Never was that great with Curling before but after having to replay the thing over again, I have definitely gotten better. Dry Bones in all their infinite wisdom have taught me well.

Tried and true Sonicy goodness, I'd have to say that I did not like the Green Hills zone boss from Sonic 2 GG. Correction: I did not like stage leading UP to the boss in Green Hills. Small screen + precise landings + springs = pain and hurts and sadness.

Oh and don't forget about King Boom Boo. Remember this? "BLAAAARGH BLAAAAARGH BLAAAARGH!!!!!"

I can easily see how that boss could be considered frustrating, but it's one of my favourite 3D boss fights, and definitely the best Knuckles boss. I love the way it keeps changing strategy, and how it keeps trying to trick the player. I also appreciate that it's one of...wait. It's the ONLY boss fight in the entire series that's built around Knuckles's abilities instead of being a Sonic boss adapted to the red guy (not counting the rival battles with Rouge).

EDIT: Well, I guess there's Chaos 2, but you can totally beat that boss with Sonic or Tails.

Edited by Grumpy Old Guy
  • Thumbs Up 1

Without doubt, the Time Eater is probably one of my worst bosses ever. When I first played it, it took me like 50 attempts to defeat it and the reason why it took me that long to defeat it is because of collecting the rings to stay as Super Sonic(s). Also it can be a bit of a painful experience for me to achieve the 'Can't Touch This' trophy/achievement because you have to dodge the Time Eater attacks during the battle. Playing it in 2D makes it even more difficult.

• 2 weeks later...

06 has plenty. You've got the Egg Cerebus, where it glitches out and sometimes you'll run into walls yet it won't register the hit, and sometimes you'll also fall through him because of a glitch or shitty camera angles. You have to fight this bastard twice as well.

Then there's Silver, the cheapest whore ever, just combos you before you can do anything, but I mentioned Silver before so yeah. Again, fought twice. You'd think it'd be easier as Shadow as you have more room to manouver in, but it only means Silver is easier to lose and he catches up with you slightly easier because of Shadow's relative slowness compared to Sonic.

Iblis Phase 2 is one of the most tedious drawn out bosses I have ever seen in a Sonic game, you spend so much time waiting, the cool off time after each hit takes ages, and you'll lose rings forever in lava as well, just to piss you off more. And again, it's fought twice!

The Egg Genesis is fought twice, but it's fine and relatively fun as Sonic. As Silver, the aiming mechanics often fail to work, dodging the laser is nigh impossible as it sometimes hits you ANYWAY even when you're nowhere near it, and the camera pans down so low you can't see what the fuck is going on.

Only Egg Genesis, Egg Wyvern (mostly, the debris part is bullshit though), and Solaris are particularly fun and/or playable bosses in this game. The two Mephiles battles and the two Silver Iblis battles are just kind of boring and not really worth mentioning.

Honestly, I had a really troubling time with Diablo in Shadow due to how awkward the whole thing was set up. Definitely wouldn't want to do that boss again.

The Sonic Colors Final Boss, you didn't even get to use Super Sonic.

The Sonic Colors Final Boss, you didn't even get to use Super Sonic.

... So what? Is Super Sonic really necessary to make a decent final boss battle? You really need to explain why you think The Egg Nega-Wisp Armor is a crappy boss, because I honestly don't see why you think so.

• Thumbs Up 3

Time Eater (both versions), first boss in Sonic 2 GG, Chaos 4, Most of the Sonic 06 ones, Final Hazard (I love SA2, but I HATE that boss.), Collision Chaos's boss from CD, the Metal Sonic fight from CD...

just to name a few. I know there are other ones I hate, but these are from the top of my head.

I like the Egg Nega Wisp mecha. But I still think that "Final Colour Blaster" was amazingly anti-climatic and largely unimpressive. All it is is a glorified Homing Attack. That and it's over way too fast. 2 minutes is perfectly achievable.