Awoo.

Worst Sonic boss?

The Dead Skin

I also hated Time Eater. Sucky controls, Sucky music, Sucky atmosphere. It was a crappy way to end an awesome game.

Egg Dragoon (generations) is a pretty solid boss, but that thing is a bitch to kill on hard mode.

I like the Egg Nega Wisp mecha. But I still think that "Final Colour Blaster" was amazingly anti-climatic and largely unimpressive. All it is is a glorified Homing Attack. That and it's over way too fast. 2 minutes is perfectly achievable.

I don't hate the Nega Wisp Armor, it's just too damn easy. My god that boss is piss, it might trip you up a few times because you never seen anything before, but afterwards it becomes a joke, and it's insulting as a final boss. I know Sonic generally has easy bosses, but considering this was Eggman's first stint as the final boss, it was a major letdown.

• Thumbs Up 2

They could of at least made him use more wisps, I would've liked to see rocket and hover wisp.

I was also waiting for Eggman to utilize the other Wisps; imagine my disappointment when they never came. Really, considering the lost potential there, it'd would've been nice to see it take Egg Dragoon's place in Generations with a full-blown remake and the addition of other powers.

• Thumbs Up 2

... So what? Is Super Sonic really necessary to make a decent final boss battle? You really need to explain why you think The Egg Nega-Wisp Armor is a crappy boss, because I honestly don't see why you think so.

Well, in my opinion yes. An excellent Final Boss Battle REQUIRES Super Sonic. But not everyone thinks so, and I can see you're one of those people, which is fine because everyone has their own opinions.
Your opinion is wrong.
  • Thumbs Up 4

Egg Dealer from Shadow the Dumbass. Is Eggman a freaking idiot? All the attacks are programmed to smash his own dick in and there's even a Shadow Fever mode that let's you detonate yourself right under his dick. Seriously that boss was way too easy.

• Thumbs Up 1

This is quite hard to choose, part of me wants to say The Labyrinth Zone Boss from Sonic the Hedgehog (16-bit) because it's so annoying trying to get up without getting hit and losing all of your rings, but I reckon the worst (that I've played) has to be the Collision Chaos Boss. If you've played it, you'll know what I'm talking about. I think the creator of this thread explained why it's so annoying. It was hard trying to fit through the hole between the flippers at the start and trying not to lose control.

Well, in my opinion yes. An excellent Final Boss Battle REQUIRES Super Sonic. But not everyone thinks so, and I can see you're one of those people, which is fine because everyone has their own opinions.

Why, exactly? What about being gold and able to fly makes a boss automatically good?

Edited by HyperMetalWario

I think the first Silver fight in 06 would be my worst character fight, didn't mind the second with Shadow because you have more time to move out of the way, but the first you're right in front of him. As for actual boss, I would have to say Perfect Gaia (360/PS3), using the Temple Formation and then flying around a dome to get to him, very annoying.

Considering that nearly all of 3D Super Sonic Boss Fights have generally been considered poor or too radically different from the main gameplay, you are going to have one hell of an uphill battle to prove your point has validity.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm just stunned people are talking about the Egg Nega Wisp in a thread about worst bosses. I know, opinions and all, but... really? It's not that bad. Especially considering some of the abysmal bosses we have in this series.

• Thumbs Up 2

The award for the worst boss goes to:

In joint second place: Heroes and Shadow the Hedgehog.

In first place: Sonic Generations. I mean what the fuck were SEGA trying to do? The design was complete shit. It really felt like they had run out of ideas. I think Generations would have been better off without the final boss. A shame really because pretty much all the other bosses in that game were very good.

Edited by MilesKnightwing

Obligatory Time Eater. Though Silver's cheap two-hit KO makes him fairly high as well. Dark Gaia was bad, but he's increasingly easier for me apart from the "Press X 60 times in 10 seconds trollolololol" bullcrap at the end.

I'm just stunned people are talking about the Egg Nega Wisp in a thread about worst bosses. I know, opinions and all, but... really? It's not that bad. Especially considering some of the abysmal bosses we have in this series.

I said as a Final Boss it sucks, as a general boss it's ok, but it's still too damn easy to even be considered a challenge.

I think I understand why you like the Super Sonic boss fights. Because they add a sense of climax, being invincible and stopping the boss with sheer dominance.

However, a boss with normal Sonic can feel more intense because instead of the usual dominance over your foe as a Super being, the boss is the one who has the upper hand, and Sonic has to rely on his pure skill and determination to win an unbeatable battle, making for a pretty good struggle to overcome and an even greater victory to seize.

However, a boss with normal Sonic can feel more intense because instead of the usual dominance over your foe as a Super being, the boss is the one who has the upper hand, and Sonic has to rely on his pure skill and determination to win an unbeatable battle, making for a pretty good struggle to overcome and an even greater victory to seize.

This is also the reason in fiction it's more excuseable for a villain to be overpowered than a hero. A villain can hold all the cards and it's the fact the hero manages to win against all odds that makes a story more appealing. Contrast if the hero is OP and the villain can't do squat. Not as fun now is it?