Awoo.

Sonic Heroes! SONIC HEEEEE~RRROOO~ES

BakingBluePotatoe

Some hate it, some love it. Others just wanna stare at the Pretty Colors 8D.

for me, I'm of the "Pretty Colors 8D" group.

although, I find it odd that Knuckles is around instead of watching thr Master Emerald o.0

I'm looking forward to playing it eventually. Not expecting it to play just like the old 16-bit games, but it looks pretty fun. From what I can gather, Tails and Knuckles get to be important, Amy gets to be a leader and they did a pretty good job incorporating the other teams plotwise, as well. The gameplay is apparently a bit odd, but I'm sort of used to unusual gameplay in Sonic games by now.

It's not a bad game and I think it gets a too much of a bad rap just because it was cheesy. Besides some glitches in later levels, it's a pretty solid game. Not the greatest, but still decent. I'd give it a high 6-7/10. It's definitely worth buying if you're a Sonic fan, but for those who aren't it's more of a rent for a rainy day I'd say. It's easily the best of the GameCube Sonic games bar Sonic Adventure 2 maybe.

After Sonic Unleashed, this is my favourite 3D Sonic game. It's like the classic in a third person view (well, if we don't count the team gameplay). It's fast and has nothing but forward holding with some A button mashing.

I enjoyed it. It was very shiny, oh the pretty colours 8D, oh the pretty music 8D and there were some interesting puzzles and level designs. Didn't like the enemies through the game (although some were terribly endearing), the gameplay was terrible to me, although I'm pretty good at it, and Team Blast was hax to the extreme and there wasn't many different paths to go by. The storyw as pretty simple and enjoyable, with some funny moments that made me laugh. I enjoyed Shadow's return, although that says nothing of what they did to him next.

Edited by redmenace

^^ lol, you win the Internet dude...

On topic, Sonic Heroes is definitly one of the best 3D Sonic games i played (that's my opinion though), great music, the gameplay was good but not that good and needs a few tweaks, returning charachters with a total new badass Metal Sonic. WOW, just wow. *wishes for a sequel*

Try it again Sega it may even worth the try.

I actually like Sonic Heroes quite a bit. Yes, it was a bit overly-cheesy (and the dialogue was horrible >_<), but the game itself was pretty good. I liked the team gameplay, I thought it was a pretty cool idea. Also, the levels were huge, which made things better IMO. And I absolutely love the soundtrack, one of the best of the series to me.

As blasphemous as this sounds, I'd say I like Sonic Heroes better than Sonic Adventure 2 (but still not even close to SA1). Unlike a lot of fans, I was completely satisfied with this game. Well, other than the horrible dialogue, but that doesn't really affect the gameplay.

As blasphemous as this sounds, I'd say I like Sonic Heroes better than Sonic Adventure 2 (but still not even close to SA1).

How can you say something like that? SA2 had a deep story which recent games really lacks of it. Sonic Heroes' story was almost predictiple yes we all saw Metal Sonic's twist in last story but non-the-less i knew that Metal Sonic was going to be the main villan from the opening cut-scene.

Well, other than the horrible dialogue, but that doesn't really affect the gameplay.

Tails: I'm FALLING!!@#$#@. Yep doesn't affect the gameplay <_<

It was a good game. Played a hell of a lot like the classics, even to the point where you don't know how the hell they get to the other levels.

You can jump on enemies to damage them, without homing attack.

The diffrent types play very well and allow for some intersting combos.

We have the Chaotix looking for hermit crabs. That just sounds awesome.

Shadow isn't an emo bastard yet.

Metal Overlord is the epitome of awesome.

You can blow up giant ships.

That, and you can work the game so you can ditch Sonic and Knuckles and just use Tails.

That makes a happy Galaxy Man happier.

Really though, pick it up. If anything, it'll provide you with laughs at the dialouge that was pulled right out of a cheesy 80s movie.

How can you say something like that? SA2 had a deep story which recent games really lacks of it. Sonic Heroes' story was almost predictiple yes we all saw Metal Sonic's twist in last story but non-the-less i knew that Metal Sonic was going to be the main villan from the opening cut-scene.

Yes, Sonic Adventure 2 had a better story. But I still think Sonic Heroes is a better game. I don't play Sonic games for their story, the gameplay itself it what matters to me, and I had a lot more fun with Sonic Heroes than I did with SA2.

Tails: I'm FALLING!!@#$#@. Yep doesn't affect the gameplay <_<

To me it doesn't. I just always laughed at that part. XD

It was... okay? Only fun as Team Sonic and Dark though. Team Rose was cringeworthy and Team Chaotix's missions weren't particularly good, though only Chaotix's dialogue was any good really, even if they did make Sonic really cocky like he should be.

Some cool stages too, like Mystic Mansion, one of the more unique stages in recent Sonic history.

The team mechanic works okay, but some of the level design lacked a bit, and there was so much wasted potential.

Music was also quite good, but not the best in the series.

For being the only 3D game I had for like 4 years, it doesn't really hold much nostalgia to me :x

Edited by Semi-colon e

I have to say, I like it the least of all that generation's Sonic games. It's an -okay- game, but to me, it's just frustrating, because I do like the mood and music and such, and I'll go back to play it and it won't be as fun as I force myself to remember it is. Bingo Highway onwards is just dull, with a brief break for the very nice Frog Forest and Lost Jungle. Egg Fleet is pretty cool, but Final Fortress is just cruel due to only three checkpoints throughout the entire thing. FF was the worst offender but all the stages were pretty bad for checkpoints considering how long they were.

Ugh, Heroes. Not an abomination of a game like some that came later, but it's the first time they really fumbled.

Y'know I honestly can't think of anything in Heroes that's worthy of praise. The game's ugly, the writing is abysmal, the VAing is terrible, the controls are clumsy, the rewards are crappy, the team system cripples the individual characters, and there are more cheap deaths here than any other 3D Sonic I've played (I haven't played '06, for the record). Even some things that could've been nice, like bringing back special stages, end up being ruined in the execution.

I'm consistently baffled by people who think it's a great game.

• Bad Quality Post 2

I didn't hate it, I also didn't love it though. It was very meh. Far to kiddy for my taste. Not that I need Sonic to be super epic or anything, but Sonic Heroes felt much too childish for my taste. Horrible story, or at least the way the story played out was horrible. One part that always bugged me.

Amy~"Marry me Sonic!"

Sonic~"NO WAY!"

Then they beat the crap out of one another. It was so stupid. Also the way Shadow returned was about as awful as it gets.

When I first played it on the PS2 I thought it was really good. Ahh, such an innocent young mind. =P Then I bought it for Gamecube, and now I think it's..alright, ok-ish. Sure it wasn't BAD but gosh.

The good points were the music, very creative level design, the return of Special Stages and Metal Sonic's appearence. Bad points...oy.

Well there's the obvious ones like bad dialogue, bottomless pits, drawn out stages, short cutscenes, a ridiculous plot, not really fighting Metal Sonic, and the fact characters would talk almost every 5 seconds in a stage. Also, even though Teamwork gameplay was original, it didn't really work sometimes, and it was annoying to hear them say something everytime you switched a character.

"I'LL DO MY BEST! MY TUUURN! HERE WE GO! MY TUUURN! I'LL DO MY BEST!"

IMO, the graphics were actually worse than SA2's. >.> Sorry, I just found them way too bright for my tastes. And the Sonic characters had this plastic shine look to them, which just looked weird.

I think I would have to give this game a 6.5/10. ^^; Then after this game, is when the series started going downhill too.

Heroes was the first Sonic game where Sonic Team decided that they wanted all the levels to be STUPIDLY, ANNOYING LONG.

It's a game I loved to bits at the time, moreso than both SA1 and 2. But going back to it now, I just don't enjoy it all that much. As I said above, the levels are frustratingly long, and the controls are pretty slippery. As everyone has said, the dialogue is godawful, too.

I think the thing that ruined Heroes for me was the bosses. Fighting other teams was pretty lazy, and there was no real strategy to win. You could just win in seconds by spamming a single attack (Sonic's jump wind attack, can't remember the name). The main boss fights were all fairly irritating and samey, I found (running along bosses are OK once in a while, not every single time. Although that said, they worked a bit better in Advance 2). And the 'fight a billion enemies on a small platform' were just some of the single worst ideas that Sonic Team must have ever had, in my opinion.

Well, I could say I liked it....but not love it. I still play it from time to time ignoring the nonsence that some characters say.

But the only thing I praise this game for, is only for one thing: Team Chaotix.

Yeah it was a huge seller, Platnium Playstation, xbox classic and gamecube players choice. I bet it out sold mario sunshine :)

I think the thing that ruined Heroes for me was the bosses. Fighting other teams was pretty lazy, and there was no real strategy to win. You could just win in seconds by spamming a single attack (Sonic's jump wind attack, can't remember the name). The main boss fights were all fairly irritating and samey, I found (running along bosses are OK once in a while, not every single time. Although that said, they worked a bit better in Advance 2). And the 'fight a billion enemies on a small platform' were just some of the single worst ideas that Sonic Team must have ever had, in my opinion.

I remember that once or twice during a team boss battle, I won in only 4 or 7 seconds because the CPU for the opposing team ran off the platform or something! That was hilarious, and stupid. XD

Ohhh gosh. I now also recall the boss battles. Having to hit all those places on Eggman's machines was really tedious. And don't even get me started on those horrible "fight the countless enemies on a small platform lulz"! They were sooo cheap! D=

And the 'fight a billion enemies on a small platform' were just some of the single worst ideas that Sonic Team must have ever had, in my opinion.
I dunno, they're the closest thing to a good boss fight the game has. You can let loose with power characters, level-3 attacks, and team blasts in a way that you can't anywhere else in the game. The only real complaints are being able to fall off in the second one and some of the latter enemy types are just annoying.

Maybe that's just me, tho'; I also liked SUWii's 100-enemy endurance match, though with those same complaints.

IMO Sonic Heroes is one of the best 3D games. I loved the level design, yeah I know they were pretty linear but I love the colors and the feelling they gave you. Love the music too, specially the final fortress theme. And I actualy liked the look in the characters, I think it suited the game for how colorfull it was.

About the gameplay, I loved the team idea, althought it was a bit cheesy. And I don't really mind about the VA. That's one of the things I liked the most about this game, it was entretainig to listen to the charas coments about what they were doing. They even mentioned past games

I'm one of the few who enjoyed the 'countless enemy' boss matches. There's something compelling with letting loose with attacks and destroying wave after wave.

It gives a sense of invulnerability, at least it does me.

I'd like to see a return of the enemy wave boss battles from Heroes, only make them sort of an unlockable challenge mode, as opposed to a waste of a boss battle. They're fun, but they shouldn't replace an entire boss.

Oh, Sonic Heroes. Was the last Sonic game I bought out of fan impulse (not because it was awful). I actually enjoy it, but the only thing keeping me away from it would be the voices + a few of the Chaotix missions. Otherwise, I liked the music, didn't mind the levels and graphics, and while annoying at times, the Chaos Emerald challenges.

During my runs, I haven't seen any glitches (or least any I can remember) since I owned the GC version. I think the Xbox and PS2 ones were the more buggy of the bunch, but I can be wrong.