Awoo.

Sonic Heroes! SONIC HEEEEE~RRROOO~ES

BakingBluePotatoe

Personally I could deal without the humans also. Sometimes it's nice to play in "his world," not boring Earth or wherever they may be.

(^^Awesome remix! :))

Edited by prince10bee

Personally I could deal without the humans also. Sometimes it's nice to play in "his world," not boring Earth or wherever they may be.

"His world" is Earth.

In the older games, no NPCs appeared, human or otherwise, because the old games had simplistic plots. The lack of humans in the old games didn't mean they didn't exist in the story. Eggman exists, therefore humans exist.

Human presence has been in the series since day one. This is not, nor as it ever been, an all-animal series that bars humans in some typically species-elitist manner. Eggman and Witchcart appeared in the classic era, and as the plot expanded, more appeared later on.

I loved Sonic Heroes. I can't explain why, and i feel i probably shouldnt have, but i did. The only thing i didnt like about it was that the story was so thin (although i loved the basic idea of having Metal Sonic as the main villain) and that the controls were pretty sucky.

I adored this game. Even the cheesy music and the cheesier-still lines.

I really liked the tag-team play style, and playing as the hero team Triple Threat always makes me feel wonderfully nostalgic. Sonic, Tails, Knuckles. My three favourite characters, working together, utilising speed, flight and strength.

I actually really enjoyed playing Heroes and probably would consider it to be my favourite 3D Sonic game.

First Sonic game I've ever owned, well technically the second: the first was Sonic Advance. I think the game is great personally, and while it may have a few control issues here and there, and maybe a little cheesiness every now and then, I still think it was a pretty solid game.

Besides

bad we don't get many funny situations like this in later games...

One thing I will never forgive this game for is Tails' voice. I don't know why they decided to switch for him, but his voice made Tails completely regress from his maturation in the Adventure games into a whiny 4-year old who barely has a grasp on common sentence structure. (see: Look at all those Eggman's robots!)

^^ Unlike you i really liked the way Sonic team handled Tails they made him like Sonic's own little bro, i noticed that in TeamSonic's opening when he said: What are we gonna do Sonic?. In the adventures they made this brainiac that can do anything and that really not the Tails i liked. Tails is supposed to be a small little guy that follows Sonic where ever he goes, but i know you will attack me for saying that... so i'll keep my words to my self.

I actually agree, I way prefer Tails' Heroes voice over his current one. It was a bit unintentionally funny at times, but I think it was going somewhere positive.

Reminds me of his OVA voice too, which I loved.

The mistake they made I think was simply that they got an actual kid to do his voice, rather than an adult VA (presumebly female) who could impersonate kids.

I actually agree, I way prefer Tails' Heroes voice over his current one. It was a bit unintentionally funny at times, but I think it was going somewhere positive.

Reminds me of his OVA voice too, which I loved.

The mistake they made I think was simply that they got an actual kid to do his voice, rather than an adult VA (presumebly female) who could impersonate kids.

Wait, that was an actual kid doing his voice? No wonder he didn't sound so clear...

But hey. It's kinda cute.

EDIT: I'm playing this game right now and I have to say... THE MUSIC IS AWESOME! And rather fitting. =3

Edited by Blue Streak

Sonic Heroes was my first 3d Sonic game, and while I enjoyed it quite a bit, looking back I really couldn't play it the same way. I bought it expecting a game set up like Lost Vikings, but instead there are just three alternate playstyles... and I hardly used any but fly because the PS2 version had such slippery physics. However, this was the first time I'd played a 3d Sonic game so I very quickly pardoned its flaws and enjoyed the show.

And I actually liked Shadow's storyline and the Chaotix storyline. I only got a brief glimpse of Shadow in SA2:B at a friends house, so I was as puzzled as Shadow as to his past and I just loved the whole mystery... probably would have preferred it to remain that way to without it ever being clear if the Shadow we see now is the same as the Shadow in SA2:B. (it wasn't until I saw the promo art for ShtH that my opinion toward Sonic soured)

One of my gripes about the gameplay is that the team mechanic actually disrupts the flow more than it adds to the gameplay. Most of it (with some exceptions) is that each character's attack affects a different enemy. I'm not talking about the kind of flow where you can maintain your speed throughout a good part of the level, I'm talking about the way I played the game.

Meanwhile, it REALLY irritated me that I would fall through so many times, or that the margin of error would be chopped simply because of a glitch.

While it turns me off now, it didn't back then. I still have fond memories of grinding through Rail Canyon, hunting for frogs with stellar music in the background, the puzzles in the Mystic Mansion, and especially the last boss (which I didn't get to for a LOONG time after I got the game... it was so rewarding). As much as I hate the game now, the memories stay, and while they ruined what I liked of Shadow's story, Chaotix have been mercifully kept from anything drastic during the later games. I'm sure that if it was possible for me to enjoy the game, it is possible for others to enjoy the game too...

Also, an interesting fact to note that after Sonic Heroes and Lord of the Rings, I fantasized of merging the two worlds by giving Sonic and co a sword. This was one of the biggest reasons why I wanted to get Black Knight regardless of how well it came out. Dreamers can't be choosers after all... not if they actually want them to be realized.

I actually think it's a pretty good game, I don't think it's as bad as most people make it out to be.

Back in 2004 I played it pretty much every day for about a year, I think it's quite a fun game to play, despite my dislike of the 3 character at once gameplay, voices, music and camera angle. The main thing I like is the level designs, it's the last 3D Sonic game to actually look like the old 2D Sonic games. Every level is bright, colourful and cartoony, just how Sonic games should be!

Honestly, this has to be my favourite 3D Sonic game. I don't know why people complain about it and most of the games after it when Adventure 1 & 2 had just the same amount of bugs and shitty storylines as the newer titles but people praise those. Don't get me wrong, Adventure 2 is a really good game, but I think Heroes has to be my favourite. Just really fun to play, nice CGI, music, etc. and colourful graphics. Still has nothing on the classics though.

I have the PS2 version of this game, it's OK, it's sort of fun and I like the teamwork idea, but it seems too much like they were trying to target the game towards a younger audience.

Personally....

I hate this game lol Sorry but it was just really lame. Story line was horrible except for the fact that metal sonic was in it but they didn't do enough with him. Having the Chaotix there was pretty cool i'll admit. But the game play was not fun at least not for me. I hated the team work stuff and the levels went on forever! So i give it a thumbs down. :unsure:

Sigh this was a disappointment for me and I was really looking forward to playing it. I was playing it on my cousin's gamecube for a while before we finally got the last gen xbox (never had the money to get a gamecube or something else before), so I got the xbox version of the game along with Shadow, a game I was not too happy about. I'm enjoying playing Shadow more then Heroes. Not that I don't like Heroes but Shadow is just better with more control and less endurance.

I say endurance because some Heroes level really feel like you just have to keep going and going until you finally make it to the end, and even if you know what type of part is coming up, you can't perfect your game play to make it work. That's the only good thing about Team Rose, they're short and you get to it just right. Chaotix actually have the right balance of level length. Sonic and Dark are too hard and too long for little reward at the end. I survived a terrible journey and I still got an E. Shadow just seems nicer and doesn't hurt you for making too many mistakes, but suffers from the Chaotix's missions problem of getting to the end and not being complete.

Good things:

Lots of characters and return of classics like the Chaotix.

Creative team development of Speed, power, flight organizing the importance of each character.

Simple story, no Sonic story needs to be so complexe with demons.

Good level diversity

Ok music, but not great music

Bad Things:

Funky controls but not so bad you're slip and sliding. Flying formation is the worst.

Camera is worse then Adventure 2 but at least you can control is with R and L

Terrible special levels, WORST of all of them

Logic, such as a Bee being able to carry a 180 pound crocodile. Really?

Perspective. How hard is it to land on a rail when it's supposed to be right under your character, and you still miss?

I love Flight formation. I stay in it pretty much permanantly unless I'm forced to briefly switch to get past an obstacle.

Also, logic? In a Sonic game? Get outta here XD

I love Flight formation. I stay in it pretty much permanantly unless I'm forced to briefly switch to get past an obstacle.

Also, logic? In a Sonic game? Get outta here XD

To be honest, I tend to view a lot of Sonic canon as a delightful acid trip.^_^

The only problems I had with this game were some control issues (not much, though), Amy, Shadow, and some of the dialogue.

LOOK AT ALL THOSE EGGMAN'S ROBOTS!

Ha ha, you made me laugh XD

One thing I will never forgive this game for is Tails' voice. I don't know why they decided to switch for him, but his voice made Tails completely regress from his maturation in the Adventure games into a whiny 4-year old who barely has a grasp on common sentence structure. (see: Look at all those Eggman's robots!)

I could be wrong but I heard somewhere that Tail's original VA's voice broke so that's why they replaced him.

I liked the game. It's nowhere near as good as the adventure games but it's fun and I still like to play it over and over again when I'm bored. The plot was a bit thin though having Rouge return to her treasure hunting ways despite what she said at the end of Sonic Adventure 2 and having Knuckles enjoy spending time with Sonic and Tails. The PS2 controls also sucked and whenever I tried switching with my teammates the circle and triangle buttons never corresponded properly.

The characters were shiny too, which was weird considering most of them are furry animals.

I gave this game a play today, I had a bit of fun going through the levels. I can tell from the level design, there was a lot of effort put into the game to make it feel more like a classic Sonic in 3D. The major letdown, despite it' nice design structure, the control are a bit slippery. That's not all, the team gameplay element, while creative, it held the game back from it's true potential.

I do think Sonic Heroes was a good game, and I consider it one the best 3D Sonic's ever made (yes guys, this is better than Unleashed in my opinion, because it doesn't bore me to tears). The level design is something I wish ST could go back and rework, because most of it was on point, especially the Energy Plant level, Seaside Hill, Frog Forest, Hang Castle, etc... I jut liked the wide open area and the 2 acts per stage then boss level they went with. Unfortunately they seem to have abandoned this idea but if they went back to it and reworked the Sonic Unleashed daytime engine (needs a lot of work, I mainly hate the boost, they should get rid of it or make it so that it cannot be spammed to death).

Compared to Sonic Unleashed's level design I feel Heroe trumps it, Sonic Unleashed had some bland areas, minus Eggman Land (Which is pretty damn boring since it's basically the same thing for 20 minutes straight), and the training level (wide open space, and grassy plains, now why couldn't the other levels be wide and open like that), the Unleashed scene is just not that good.

That's my two cents, I don't expect anyone to agree with me or anything, but I do want you to know this is my opinion.

It was a good game. Fun, and very pretty colors.

However, I don't believe that it was cannon to the storyline at all, and if anything, left fans like me wondering what the hell happened with the story. The only game that opened up more plotholes than Sonic Heroes is Shadow The Hedgehog.

-Iceman

Wait, what kind of plotholes did Heroes have?

I didn't think the game actually had enough plot with which to enclose a hole...

Wait, what kind of plotholes did Heroes have?

I didn't think the game actually had enough plot with which to enclose a hole...

Well to be honest, lets look at how Team Darks story ended.

Basically, it left the possibility that Shadow could just be another android of many and that the real Shadow died that fateful day when the Earth was saved in Sonic Adventure Two.

I don't know about you, but I still question up till now whether this Shadow we all know and love is really a

robot

-Iceman

Well to be honest, lets look at how Team Darks story ended.

Basically, it left the possibility that Shadow could just be another android of many and that the real Shadow died that fateful day when the Earth was saved in Sonic Adventure Two.

I don't know about you, but I still question up till now whether this Shadow we all know and love is really a

robot

-Iceman

I figure it's possible that at the time

They were legitimately thinking of going forward with the whole android idea, but when it came time for Shadow's solo game, someone decided to retcon it out aside from non-canon alternate endings.

That's not really a plothole, just a hanging thread that they planned on picking up in Shadow's game.

And according to ShtH,

Shadow's the real thing. 9 minutes into the final boss, Eggman admits that Shadow is the real one, and that one of Eggman's robots saved him. There's no reason to assume he's lying, and nothing since then has said otherwise, so.

The it is possible for the androids to be canon to Shadow's story even without Eggman "dying"; do the Hero or Dark missions on Iron Jungle.