Awoo.

The most inspiring Sonic songs.

VO.SUPER

We all have our favorite tracks. The tracks that really stick to our minds and thrill us giddily. But what about the tracks that really pull us through Sonic levels, the one that just urge you to continue on and explore further despite the hardships.

I'll list mine:

Sky Sanctuary- My god is this a really epic track. It just goads you forwards, commanding you to keep running, all in your attempts to catch the fleeing Death Egg. This music is probably why I was so let down by Death egg Zone; Sky Sanctuary was just that powerful. That's also why I like how it's Knuckles Final Level.

Open Your Heart- What a song! And what a place to put it. It really pushed me in my battle against Perfect Chaos, because despite sucking badly at him, (I was young and foolish), it really felt like I was a real hero off to save the day. So many lives depended on me, and I had to save them. That's a strong song there.

Solaris Phase 1- Yeah. I liked this song. I mean, come on! It starts off as a soft church choir before being followed by an intense volley of instruments. It just brings out a lot of the desperation of the situation. Time is in a flux and on the verge of utter annihilation. Too bad the boss doesn't compliment the music.

Metallic Madness Present (US) - The song is really fitting for the concept of Metallic Madness rather than the level itself. It's the kind of song that really fits the whole last stage of journey vibe for Metallic Madness, and it just made me really hopeful for the level.

(This thread isn't technically about favorite songs, it's rather about songs that inspire you, but I'll understand if mods lock or merge this.)

Edited by VisionaryBlur

But what about the tracks that really pull us through Sonic levels, the one that just urge you to continue on and explore further despite the hardships.

I don't know bout you, but level music isn't really something that boosts my morale and fills me with newfound hope and strength to tough it out through the storm of easy ass video game levels towards Mt. Doom so I can finally destroy the ring and save Middle Earth.

Though as for Sonic songs that have a good message, there's Live & Learn, With Me, and Live Life.

• Thumbs Up 1

Fucking Ocean Palace.

Now, I think Ocean Palace is a great level, with a good mix of speed and platforming, and they also make good use of the character types. It feels fucking amazing to do this level in one perfect go, and this amazing music is but one reason.

About halfway through the level you come up to an are with a shitload of turtles, I love how they implemented this, as there are so many ways one can go about prgressing through that area, and whenever I get their, the best part of the song starts up at 2:38.

That orgasmic guitar solo coupled with this awesome level design gets my nostalgic juices flowing everytime. And bonus points if it also happens during the boulder chase.

I also need to mention High and Broken

I really goes well with the level, as it gives me that euphoric feeling of traveling through a surreal world with new and dangerous sights to see. The level asthetics go great with this since im running on giant manta rays high in the sky at sunset, absouletly beautiful.

Edited by Grooseinator032
  • Thumbs Up 2

The vast majority of final boss themes in the 3D games. Open Your Heart, Live and Learn, What I'm Made Of, Solaris Phase 2, Super Sonic vs Perfect Dark Gaia, With Me, and Vs Nega Wisp Armor all just scream "epic ass kicking time."

I love Never Turn Back and Live Life. Kinda sucks that they didn't make it in Generations HD. I'd love to play either of those two songs while fighting Time Eater. XP

In terms of inspirational songs, I used to listen to Endless Possibility alot whenever I needed a quick pick me up when I did track back in high school. I find that out of all the other songs, EP, live life, and Never turn back were the only ones that were intentionally trying to cheer you up in terms of their lyrics. I also like It doesn't matter, SA1 version.

Now, for a change of pace, if I'm angry, I'll go for I Am all of me, or what I'm made off.

Sad? I tend to listen to uplifting things these days in general, even when sad, as sadness is my least favorite emotion to "feel," but I would listen to Chosen one at times when sad, as well as the slow version of Dreams of an absolution.

If I'm in a reminiscing mood, I'll go for Dear my friend, Dreams of an absolution, regular version, fast version, and Starry night remix, My destiny (on very very rare ocasions) and Worth a chance. (when in the mood to think about "what could've" been with past crushes I had in school.)

And lastly, When I'm in the mood to really kick some butt while drawing, doing homework, or anything else that I may need to finish quickly, Reach for the stars and the many variations of His World do the trick perfectly, as well as Knight of the wind.

Edited by Inferno

I start off my treadmill run with Escape from the City.

It's the best thing ever.

• Thumbs Up 2

Reach for the stars. For some reason I think that the lyrics reflect on Sega knowing about sonic's reputation at the time and how they wanted to make sure that this game was going to be good.

• Thumbs Up 1

With Me.

Fuck that is the most epic final boss track ever. It totally bucks the trend of orchestrated main theme and substitutes it with unadulterated badassery. It makes you feel like kicking the living shit out of anything that challenges you.

Edited by Scar
  • Thumbs Up 6

While I do love the music, the only one that really drove me forward was, as above, With Me. It's just epic to be slashing the everloving shit out of the Dark Queen while the soundtrack blares out "I can taste the day, savour night, scream your dreams as you dare to fight!" and then finish her off when the track's going back round to "So turn away or face this day with me!"

Marble Garden Zone's music serves as the anti-inspirational, this track can easily and literally make me quit the entire game. :/

• Thumbs Up 2

Rooftop Run was great music. It's just so perfect for the series. Whenever I listen to it I imagine sonic running around, doing some tricks, bopping some Badniks, making fun of Eggman etc. That's probably the reason I like the level the most in Unleashed.

Marble Garden Zone's music serves as the anti-inspirational, this track can easily and literally make me quit the entire game. :/

Xydbcfygbsafvb.Qdfsvslkfhkdyfsck.

• Thumbs Up 1

The Sonic Generations remake of "Perfect Chaos: REVIVAL".

It just keeps me willing to Hannibal Lecture the everloving shit out of everyone.

Xydbcfygbsafvb.Qdfsvslkfhkdyfsck.

Well, I'm not skilled enough to play video games in my sleep, unfortunately. :P

Sonic Boom, the US opening cut scene music from Sonic CD. 'there is no circumstance that you can't handle', 'save the planet from disaster'

You Can Do Anything (Toot Toot Sonic Warrior) is an extremely inspirational song for me. Especially the remix that uses elements from the 8-bit SMS/SGG games. I play it over pretty much everything, because it just works as theme music.

I'm a very grouchy person when it comes to pop music, so why i like Reach for the Stars is beyond me. It gets stuck in my head sometimes when i run and it can keep me going. I guess part of it is the way it's sung- Cash-Cash or whoever that is singing sounds hopeful himself, so the song easily conveys it.

The Generations remix of Open Your Heart is a great tune for when you need to get something done but your feet are dragging and you don't have anything left. That heavy drumming and the fierceness of the song can really get your blood going.

SA2 It Doesn't Matter, His World, Knight of the Wind, and Sonic Stage from Sonic Battle aren't exactly inspiring or driving, but they have a certain toe-tapping feeling to them that'll draw a grin.

Oh yeah, and Sweet Mountain. I'll play a random air horn whenever i hear it. That's a great song for when you're already at the top of the happiness scale and you just wanna be loud.

Well I was playing Sonic Generations and having a REALLY difficult time with the Egg Dragoon boss, I kept dying before getting the few hits in and was getting really annoyed. So I changed the music to It Doesn't Matter. That has to be one if the best songs for a boss fight IMO, 'It doesn't matter now what happens! I will never give up the fight!' And I beat it. It was awesome, makes me wish the song had been used for a boss fight back in SA1.

• Thumbs Up 1

So many songs from the Sonic series inspire and give me this light hearted feeling! Sweent Mountain Act 1, Title screen, and Options Screen from Sonic Colors! From Sonic Unleashed: Endless Possibilities, The World Adventure, Gaia Gate, Windmill Island Day, Rooftop Run Day, Holoska Night, and Cool Edge Day. Sonic Boom from CD and The Place that was Found from Secrete Rings! You know what this list will go on forever if I name every single one so I'll do myself and everyone else a favor by just cutting off right here.

Endless Possibilities, Reach For the Stars, Escape From the City, and I Am.

Edited by Bolt The Cat

Both "Free" and "Un-Gravitify" always make me want to do something and I hadn't heard either of them until Generations.

Supporting Me makes me extremely emotional because of the gorgeous music, nostalgia, and the overall message of staying strong no matter what happens. When I fight Biolizard I just can't help thinking about how fitting it is for such an epic boss fight where Shadow is just emotionally torn about the Ark's collision and Maria's wish. To this very day if I'm ever depressed or hopeless about something in my life I'll just listen to this song and push through the rough spots knowing that someone will always be there for me even if they're gone.