Awoo.

New Graphics & Physics engines for Ep 2!

Kamakai

Yep, You read right, Sonic Team is completely revving up for episode 2! Ken Balough has announced the inclusion of a new physics engine, the first being hated by the fanbase. Not to mention the beautiful graphics to boot!( Type this into your browser:/Sonic-the-Hedgehog-4-Episode-2/news/Sonic-4-Episode-2-Revealed-16168.html)

They may have finally made it into acceptance with this one! And although episode 3 and maybe 4 are still undoubtedly there on the horizon, ready to yet again improve, lets enjoy and relish the glory of this one first!

Post your thoughts in the comments. Love it? Hate it? Want to worship it? Want to banish it to hell? Let's hear you speak your minds.

I will believe it when I see it.

Or rather, I can believe that they're using a new graphics engine and a new physics engine, but I won't be getting excited about it until I see evidence that they're actually good.

• Thumbs Up 2

Yep, You read right, Sonic Team is completely revving up for episode 2! Ken Balough has announced the inclusion of a new physics engine, the first being hated by the fanbase. Not to mention the beautiful graphics to boot!(/sonic-the-hedgehog-4-episode-2/videos/sonic-the-hedgehog-4-episode-2-ken-balough-interview-6348001)

They may have finally made it into acceptance with this one! And although episode 3 and maybe 4 are still undoubtedly there on the horizon, ready to yet again improve, lets enjoy and relish the glory of this one first!

Post your thoughts in the comments. Love it? Hate it? Want to worship it? Want to banish it to hell? Let's hear you speak your minds.

Its really too early to be throwing up party hats until we see what exactly they're doing with it, but it is a small hope spot.

Yes. I will try to find video footage, because I have seen some already, just can't find the link. Will update when found! Sorry if I mislead you guys!

Edited by Blue Streamer

Yes. I will try to find video footage, because I have seen some already, just can't find the link. Will update when found!

Wait...are you actually claiming you've see footage from Episode II?

Yes. I will try to find video footage, because I have seen some already, just can't find the link. Will update when found!

^ lol no, there's no footage or screenshots of the game yet.

The new physics have got to be better than good. Generations 3DS still has to issues that bother me; 1- mid-air acceleration, a problem that made Advance 3 feel odd and; 2- rolling is better than in previous attempts, but still isn't right. I'd have accepted those physics in E1, but as the game turned out to be an utter travesty they've got to really impress me with E2.

Graphics... well, that's an odd one. Sonic and other character models will probably look more like they do in S4HD. Levels need to be much better too. Pre-rendered in 2010? Are you fucking kidding me? It was basically a high definition Donkey Kong Country. Everything looked cheaply done. I don't know what to expect of E2 in regards to this, so I'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Edited by Blue Blood

Yes, it was the trailer. Sorry if I mislead you. Rookie mistake(it's my first thread) But I can confirm that this thing will not be seen on the Nintendo Wii.

Edited by Blue Streamer

I'm honestly not too excited unless they back up their claims with screens and videos. The idea of new graphics and physics sounds nice, but it means nothing unless we see them. New graphics engine could simply mean they're just making new pieces of level geometry or animations for characters, and new physics engine could mean that they're just removing the blatant problems that Episode I had and nothing more.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, the level design was pathetic in ep 1. It didn't feel like a platformer at all. Hoping for better now.

Will check comments in morning. For now, gonna research ep 2. Happy reading!

Thats cool and all but I'm going to wait until I actually see some footage. I'm not going to jump into the hypetrain like they did with Episode 1.

I'm still waiting on how they will implement the HA, because that was a major problem in episode 1

I'm really not excited for more homing attack crap in Episode II, I don't know why they even implemented it in Episode I to begin with.

I'm really not excited for more homing attack crap in Episode II, I don't know why they even implemented it in Episode I to begin with.

Presumably, it's due to a mix of laziness and a misguided attempt at appealing to the modern Sonic fans.

Seeing as this game has been officially confirmed by Sega to be optimised for Tegra 3 platform, it's fair to say that it's been effectively guaranteed to look a damn site better than the first episode by default - though whether or not the physics changes have been worth the wait or Sega's effort remain to be seen; this could be a misguided travesty of epic proportions or a total godsend, and unfortunately, it's at the behest of Dimps to make this good.

God help us all, and all that.

And that's not even starting on the level design and bosses...

I'll believe it once gameplay footage is shown.

According to Dimps:

"Built from the ground up" = Sonic Rush Engine

Dimps didn't make the trailer. SEGA outsourced it and all the subsequent ones to another firm who claimed they didn't know too much about Project Needlemouse. So even if it was there as a mistake, it became a lie once SEGA decided to use it.

• 1 month later...
We definetly have listened. Is it going to be exacally as the Genesis physics were? No. And I said before that unfortunatly we can't make them apple-to-apple the same. The game would simply break. However, we can make them closer. For example, the uncurling, which was a HUGE issue the first time has been fixed.

That said - you will get chances to Play the game before launch - so you can check it out first hand! :)

http://forums.sega.c...l=1#post7144055

This doesn't fill me with hope. I'm glad he's being honest, but I'm not a happy bunny. Also, uncurling has nothing to do with physics.

• Thumbs Up 1

The game wouldn't "break" if you got your shit right at the start.

Unless they are doing legit direct lock-on, there's no excuse for not getting the message early enough to not fuck up E2. Even then I would gladly trade lock on for at least one episode that doesn't suck ass.

• Thumbs Up 5