Awoo.

No Wii? No Wii! *cue music loop*

Blue Blood

I only have the Wii and even I don't want an Ep II on the console.

Because ill be playing a crappy, watered down version of the much superior version. It would be Unwiished all over again, and god knows. I don't want that.

Edited by Grooseinator032

I only have the Wii and even don't want an Ep II.

Because ill be playing a crappy, watered down version of the much superior version. It would be Unwiished all over again.

I thought that the majority prefered the Wii/PS2 version?

Edited by Spi
  • Thumbs Up 1

Review scores indicated that, but as far as fan reception goes the Wii/PS2 version usually gets the Wooden Spoon award.

• Thumbs Up 6

I am a Wii only owner, and yes I do feel hard done by. While I don't think Episode 1 was a masterpiece by any stretch of the imagination, I did enjoy it to some extent and was looking forward to seeing what Episode 2 would bring with its (hopefully) more original approach. So to be told I can't play it feels like a bit of a slap in the face, sure.

However, I do totally understand why we're being left out. I really do think that WiiWare has been painfully underwhelming, and I can only imagine how many Wii owners there are who don't even know it exists. If the console were more online orientated like the 360 or PS3, SEGA would have a much wider market for it. But alas, WiiWare is a bit non-existent by comparison.

That and, of course, even Episode 1 had to be nerfed to play on the Wii. Lower resolution graphics, different music... at the end of the day it's not the game as it was meant to be played, and that's quite saddening. I want Episode 2 to be as much bigger and better than its predecessor as it can be, and if that means I have to miss out on it for the good of the franchise... well, I guess I'm happy to take one for the team. I want Sonic back on his former pedestal of glory, and Episode 2 sounds like it might have the potential to propel him there. If the Wii would only be holding it back, I say that fair's fair and sacrifices have to be made.

And that's how I'm not letting it get to me. Because I'm excited to see what an impact Episode 2 can make now. Excited to see the positive reaction when it turns out to be amazing, with any luck.

Besides, I'm sure someone out there will be willing to let me have a go on their HD console... right? Right?!

• Thumbs Up 1

nowiinowii.png

4- Wii's Dead, Move Over...

This one explains itself really. The Wii-U is due out next year, and there's not much life left in Wii. It's practically a generation behind the competition. With a better online system on the way and much of the Wii's audience expected to get a Wii-U somewhere down the line it's perfectly reasonable to expect that SEGA may plan to bring S4E2 to the Wii-U instead. Why bother with the old system when its replacement is imminent? Or even, why bother with the Wii at all when it’s not going to make much of difference?

So, what do you think about the decision not to put E2 on the Wii? Do you agree with it at all? Are you a Wii-only owner who feels hard done by? Discuss it here.

This basically explains everything I was going to say. I mean the Wii is dead. Skyward sword being its last major game means the Wii U is going to be coming very soon. (hopefully in the summer even though that's kinda a random time to release a console)

We all know that every reviewer mixed up the versions and meant to give the HD version the higher score.

Edited by Eternal X

I'm okay with it, but I can't judge since I have access to most platforms it's coming out on. I can understand and sympathise with the Wii-exclusive owners, but they have to understand that they do have the lesser console. The Wii can do wonderful things but the game has to be designed around it's shortcomings, and that just adds such an extra workload to the developers if they want the HD version to be the "real" one.

At the end of the day it's probably not even the Wii's capabilities though. If the iPhone can handle it of course the Wii can. But the iPhone won't have that damn 40mb download limit.

The majority of REVIEWERS certainly did, though for what reasons I utterly cannot fathom. "Rolls down hills the hedgehog" is one thing but goodness me "Runs down corridors the hedgehog" is quite another.

It was a nice game. Tided the Nintendo/PS2 people over at least. Though pretty much everyone I know who eventually got to play the HD version never looked back after.

Edited by JezMM

Review scores indicated that, but as far as fan reception goes the Wii/PS2 version usually gets the Wooden Spoon award.

Thanks for letting me know! :) I also prefer the 360 version.

They already flipped Nintendo fans the bird with Generations, so I'm not surprised they aren't bothering to care this time either.

I'm so glad they're skipping Nintendo Shitii, it will make for an overall better console version.
The Wii isn't what held back episode 1. Not beyond music, anyway.

From what I've observed, there seems to be more Sonic fans that own Nintendo consoles vs ones that own the others, so their voices (and wallets) were probably louder. And as for the reviews? Nintendo reviewers are usually kinder to Sonic games when it comes to scores compared to the other guys.

Edited by Inferno
  • Thumbs Up 2

They already flipped Nintendo fans the bird with Generations, so I'm not surprised they aren't bothering to care this time either.

The Wii isn't what held back episode 1. Not beyond music, anyway.

Lack of zones? E1 was short, only 4 zones. Yes there were more acts, but its easier to make more acts because you're using the exact same assets, just arranged differently. I can see the Wii being a reason why there were so few zones in Episode 1.

I think it's understandable that they're pissed. This is the third game in a row that the Wii isn't getting. And they even have the first part. Being stuck on an Episode 1 is of course frustrating. Of course I understand why it's not coming for it, and I wasn't planning to get it for the Wii anyway.

More annoying I find are how pretentious some from the other side are being about this.

I'm so glad they're skipping Nintendo Shitii, it will make for an overall better console version.

Wow, seriously?

• Thumbs Up 7

Lack of zones? E1 was short, only 4 zones. Yes there were more acts, but its easier to make more acts because you're using the exact same assets, just arranged differently. I can see the Wii being a reason why there were so few zones in Episode 1.

Episode 1 was meant to be a short game. Back then I don't think they anticipated how it would all pan out. Remember the idea of episodic games is that when all played in a row they are the length of a full retail game. If they did 4 zones in every episode and did up to three episodes, "Sonic The Hedgehog 4", the singular product made up of a smaller trilogy, would have a very respectable 12 zones, plus extras and special stages of course.

I think from the way they're talking about episode 2's improvements, we should stop treating them as some kind of collection that will eventually all merge like S3&K did. Better to consider them like the Half-Life 2 episodes - closely tied but still their own entities.

Edited by JezMM
  • Thumbs Up 1

I appreciate the effort put in to making the post, but seriously.. This is all so goddamn obvious to most of us. Ken Balough even said himself that it was for reasons people could have already guessed. Common sense stuff.

People shouldn't be surprised at all it isn't coming to the Wii.

Edited by Chooch
  • Thumbs Up 9

Episode 1 was meant to be a short game. Back then I don't think they anticipated how it would all pan out. Remember the idea of episodic games is that when all played in a row they are the length of a full retail game. If they did 4 zones in every episode and did up to three episodes, "Sonic The Hedgehog 4", the singular product made up of a smaller trilogy, would have a very respectable 12 zones, plus extras and special stages of course.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 3

Well, "its meant to be a short game" was SEGA's excuse. They could have crammed in a couple more zones to make a game with a more satisfying length, if the stupid restriction wasn't in place.

• Thumbs Up 1

The majority of REVIEWERS certainly did, though for what reasons I utterly cannot fathom. "Rolls down hills the hedgehog" is one thing but goodness me "Runs down corridors the hedgehog" is quite another.

It was a nice game. Tided the Nintendo/PS2 people over at least. Though pretty much everyone I know who eventually got to play the HD version never looked back after.

I believe Reviewers don't particularly like it more so much as dislike Unleashed on the Wii less. The problems that reviewers had on the HD version wasn't shown on the Wii version, either because they took a much simpler route (No town stages, just HUB selection), or it's just not there at all (No medals). So despite being a much lesser game, it just wasn't as annoying to play as.

As for the topic at hand, I've just assumed this game will just be ported to the Wii U whenever it comes out.

No. It's an episodic series. Of course the single episodes would be shorter. It's not that hard to understand. Don't try to blame the Wii on a direction SEGA decided to take.

If they wanted to release it as one big game then the wouldn't have put it on Wii to begin with, or they would have taken it in a different direction so it would fit. That's fair enough. I dunno though. It would make most sense that the 4 zones/3 acts/12 levels structure was chosen simply because it's easier and cheaper to pull off than more standard 6 zones/2 acts/12 levels one. You could link that to cutting down on size for the Wii if you wanted to. There's no real proof for it though.

Edited by Blue Blood

I assume it has more to do with money. They wanted to create as cheap as possible to see how it fares and then decide on the future of it.

I wanted to post my "NO WII? NO WII!" picture where everyone could see it.

Perfectly understandable.

It's hilarious.

• Thumbs Up 3