Awoo.

No Wii? No Wii! *cue music loop*

Blue Blood

From what I've observed, there seems to be more Sonic fans that own Nintendo consoles vs ones that own the others, so their voices (and wallets) were probably louder. And as for the reviews? Nintendo reviewers are usually kinder to Sonic games when it comes to scores compared to the other guys.

That does make sense :) Thanks for the explanation!

At this point, I'm honestly not surprised it's not coming out for the Wii. Pretty much next to nothing is, really. And then there's the lousy 40 mb limit. Still, if I was still a Wii-only owner, I'd be pissed.

It's always a blow whenever i hear this, but it's a blow i've come to expect. Generations was harsh, but CD wasn't quite as bad because i sorta saw it coming, and now this is kinda just "aw, that sucks." I'm actually gonna write to Nintendo about this, because i'm curious to see what there stock email is about the 40 MB size limit on download games.

It's a shame we don't ever get any exclusive games, though. Being reminded of that always brings me down. At least SA2, SaSR, SatBK, Sonic Rush, SRA, Sonic Colors, SCDS, and Sonic Dimperations are there to help me feel better.

The OP is awesome. Being correct makes something already hard to dispute, and when it's written well, it's like troll garlic.

Edited by santalord767

First of all:

nowiinowii.png

A+, man.

Second off, yes, it's a shame that Nintendo users may have to sit this one out, but I have a feeling that there'll be a Wii-U and perhaps a Steam release right around the corner. If it means that Sonic 4: E2 gets proper treatment and gets some good visuals and more content, then I'm all for it.

Edited by Indigo Rush
  • Thumbs Up 1

It's Nintendo's own fault honestly. Though I do feel a little burned considering I downloaded the Wii version of episode 1. It was the first version released and I really wanted to play it. I could download the first episode on my PS3 but there is no way I'm paying for that turd again. I guess I'll just download episode 2 for my PS3 as long as it isn't shit.

I think it's understandable that they're pissed. This is the third game in a row that the Wii isn't getting. And they even have the first part. Being stuck on an Episode 1 is of course frustrating. Of course I understand why it's not coming for it, and I wasn't planning to get it for the Wii anyway.

More annoying I find are how pretentious some from the other side are being about this.

One man's pretentiousness is another man's natural reaction to false entitlement. The constant whining about the Wii not getting games the PS360 did get, regardless of the reason they didn't get them, got real old several years ago; and it became fucking absurd when Wii owners decided that the games they did get should be exclusives because they didn't want anyone else to have them (see: Colours).

And no, it doesn't make any sense for them to be pissed at anyone but themselves, because the writing has been on the wall for the Wii for stuff like this for years now; and arguably was like that from the beginning for online stuff because Nintendo's DLC policy was always like that. I just bought a new PSP instead of buying a 3DS. I'm not going to piss and moan because my PSP isn't getting 3DS ports when I am capable of understanding why it isn't going to get them, so I don't see why Wii owners are going to do the same thing when they knew from day one that stuff like this was going to happen far sooner than it normally would have happened due to a combination of the hardware and Nintendo's draconian policies.

Edited by ChristmasJack
  • Thumbs Up 5

There's also the fact the Wii is by far the easiest current home console to pirate games on. It's perhaps not that important but I'm sure it played at least a little part in the decision.

• Thumbs Up 6

I don't think piracy was an issue with Episode 1. I wouldn't doubt that the Wii version sold most too.

I don't think piracy was an issue with Episode 1. I wouldn't doubt that the Wii version sold most too.

Eh, I'll admit that I would have trialled E2 through emulation first if I only had a Wii. And heck, Nintendo goofed last time and released the pre-delay version of E1 in Japan on release day. At least, I think it was Nintendo's fault and not SEGA's. It wasn't up for long, but you don't need long where the internet's involved.

Edited by Blue Blood

Wii owners bitching and whining about the lack of Sonic 4: Episode 2 on their system? Let's work this out mathematically, then, shall we? Since the start of the seventh generation, there have been on each major platform:

Wii Sonic games:

- Sonic and the Secret Rings (exclusive)

- Sonic and the Black Knight (exclusive)

- Sonic Unleashed

- Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing

- Sonic Colours (console exclusive)

- Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (console exclusive)

- Mario & Sonic at the Winter Olympic Games (console exclusive)

- Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympics (console exclusive)

- Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1

Xbox 360/PS3 Sonic games:

- Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 (exclusive)

- Sonic Unleashed

- Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1

- Sonic Generations (console exclusive)

PC Sonic games:

- Sonic Generations

So I find it decidedly selfish that the Wii fanatics have felt entitled to rave about Sonic 4: Episode 2 not coming to their platform, when the Wii has basically been hogging Sonic Team's development resources since its introduction to the market; you do NOT have a deficit of Sonic titles, and you do NOT have a god-given right to have the newer ones ported to the backwards, outdated mess of a console that you've had the misfortune of being conned into buying.

Sega shouldn't have to sacrifice development time on the proper versions of Episode 2 in order to facilitate a severely scaled-down and inferior Wii port, and they shouldn't have to sacrifice game quality and length in order to adhere to Nintendo's wholly ridiculous WiiWare size limits - and seeing as the PC has had a grant total of two (totally non-exclusive, I might add) Sonic games in the last entire console generation, while the Wii sits on top of the heap with nine (two thirds of which exclusive in some way) means that the Nintendo fanboys amongst us most certainly aren't the ones with the true right to complain.

Edited by eXtaticus
  • Thumbs Up 4

If it means that the game is better, then I'm fine with the Wii missing out. Maybe a later port to go with EP 3?

Your math sucks, you can't weight a game like Mario and Sonic equal to a game like Generations.
Not to mention he counted spinoffs like that then kinda skipped over stuff like Free Riders and Superstars Tennis. Seems a bit skewed doesn't it?

BB said pretty much everything else I'd planned to say. I can understand perfectly why Sega would ditch the Wii version, but I'm really not terribly sure why "unrealistic entitlement" is coming in as a counter-argument when getting the first part of the game is a perfectly reasonable excuse to feel entitled to the rest of them.

At this point, I'm honestly not surprised it's not coming out for the Wii. Pretty much next to nothing is, really. And then there's the lousy 40 mb limit. Still, if I was still a Wii-only owner, I'd be pissed.

Really? I'm a Wii-only owner, and I'm not pissed at all. Why would I be pissed that a shitty game won't be coming to my system?

SEGA may have made the right decision in dropping Wii-support, but it's still going to feel completely unfair those who already shelled out for the first part of S4 as a whole.

Um, no, it doesn't feel "unfair" at all. As I said to the other quote, why would I be pissed that a shitty game won't be coming to my system? Yeah, S4E1 was a waste of money, but what makes you guys think I would actually buy S4E2 if it came out on Wii? If that were to happen, then it will have all the limitations that S4E1 had (muddy graphics, midi soundtrack, short 40mb game), and of course I won't buy it. but if i had a 360/ps3 i probably wont be buying it either, no offense to people supporting dimps but i seriously doubt that people will be happy with s4e2 Edited by Chaos Rush
  • Thumbs Up 1

Really? I'm a Wii-only owner, and I'm not pissed at all. Why would I be pissed that a shitty game won't be coming to my system?

Um, no, it doesn't feel "unfair" at all. As I said to the other quote, why would I be pissed that a shitty game won't be coming to my system? Yeah, S4E1 was a waste of money, but what makes you guys think I would actually buy S4E2 if it came out on Wii? If that were to happen, then it will have all the limitations that S4E1 had (muddy graphics, midi soundtrack, short 40mb game), and of course I won't buy it. but if i had a 360/ps3 i probably wont be buying it either

You have every reason to be pissed. You don't have to feel that way, but it makes sense to. Especially if E2 turns out to be a dramatic improvement.

Edited by Blue Blood

I can understand perfectly why Sega would ditch the Wii version, but I'm really not terribly sure why "unrealistic entitlement" is coming in as a counter-argument when getting the first part of the game is a perfectly reasonable excuse to feel entitled to the rest of them.

It's unrealistic entitlement because regardless of the fact that "it's only the first episode" the truth of the matter is that the Wii is dying. It's on its last legs. Hell, it might already be considered dead by most people now that Skyward Sword has finally been released.

Support for Nintendo is moving over to the 3DS and the Wii U console. The products made by them that are actual relevant to most consumers nowadays. Why do you guys think that the alternative version of Sonic Generations was made for the 3DS of all things?

More than a year has passed since Episode I came out. Things change.

Edited by Chooch
  • Thumbs Up 3

EP1: On the Wii, physics sucked.

EP2: Not on the Wii, Improved physics (self-proclaimed)

Therefore, Nintendo is the reason the physics sucked EP1.

LOGIC.

• Thumbs Up 6

EP1: On the Wii, physics sucked.

EP2: Not on the Wii, Improved physics (self-proclaimed)

Therefore, Nintendo is the reason the physics sucked EP1.

LOGIC.

Impossible! The Wii also brought us UnWiished, Black Knight, Secret Ri-

...I'll shut up now.

• Thumbs Up 2

It's unrealistic entitlement because regardless of the fact that "it's only the first episode" the truth of the matter is that the Wii is dying. It's on its last legs. Hell, it might already be considered dead by most people now that Skyward Sword has finally been released.

Support for Nintendo is moving over to the 3DS and the Wii U console. The products made by them that are actual relevant to most consumers nowadays. Why do you guys think that the alternative version of Sonic Generations was made for the 3DS of all things?

More than a year has passed since Episode I came out. Things change.

The Wii is dying, not dead. With no successor (Wii U) or logical alternative (3DS) taking on E2 as far as we know, it's realistic entitlement. It's not like Nintendo is out of the running forever, and the 3DS is the newest system out.

You have every reason to be pissed. You don't have to feel that way, but it makes sense to. Especially if E2 turns out to be a dramatic improvement.

But SEGA isn't to blame. I don't blame them for not wanting to release it on the Wii, with it's stupid 40mb limit.

Even if S4E2 turned out to be a huge improvement, there will still be this issues if it were to come out on Wii, 40mb limit in mind:

*people would complain about downgraded graphics

*people would complain about midi soundtrack

*people would complain about using Wiimote as the controller

I guess the reason why I don't mind at all that S4E2 isn't coming to my system is simply because I was never excited for it. I beat S4E1 once and never played it again. I haven't played it since October 2010 and I have no intention of ever playing that shitty game ever again.

"It is better for shit to not exist, if it doesn't have to exist" - Chaos Rush

But SEGA isn't to blame. I don't blame them for not wanting to release it on the Wii, with it's stupid 40mb limit.

Even if S4E2 turned out to be a huge improvement, there will still be this issues if it were to come out on Wii, 40mb limit in mind:

*people would complain about downgraded graphics

*people would complain about midi soundtrack

*people would complain about using Wiimote as the controller

I guess the reason why I don't mind at all that S4E2 isn't coming to my system is simply because I was never excited for it. I beat S4E1 once and never played it again. I haven't played it since October 2010 and I have no intention of ever playing that shitty game ever again.

"It is better for shit to not exist, if it doesn't have to exist" - Chaos Rush

I didn't say SEGA was to blame. And all of those point you raised I've outlined in my first post (except the one about the Wiimote, which is silly cause they could add support for other controllers). Ditching Wii support sounds like a very good idea to get E2 to be something more decent. Still doesn't mean Wii only users might feel hard done by.

Impossible! The Wii also brought us UnWiished, Black Knight, Secret Ri-

...I'll shut up now.

Well.....1 out of 3 aint to bad (my opinion of course tongue.png)

Edited by Grooseinator032

I don't think Indigo like Secret RIngs. I certainly don't (do like Black Knight though. :S).

Also, I think the Wii cutoff was kinda inevitable. It's one thing to look at Wii dying now, but what about when episode 3 comes out (if there is an episode 3, I think there will be, so...) and the Wii releases have by then almost completely died? It'd be practically forced off the Wii anyway.