Awoo.

No Wii? No Wii! *cue music loop*

Blue Blood

Realistically, given how many Gamecubes where sold/produced, there aren't enough controllers for every wii out there anyhow, and probably the same for discs.

All I know is a lot of Brawl players are quite annoyed with the fact that Wii U doesn't support Gamecube controllers.

All I know is a lot of Brawl players are quite annoyed with the fact that Wii U doesn't support Gamecube controllers.

Edited by KrazyBean14

Enough with the console debates. Keep this to Sonic 4. Period.

And I don't want this to be my last post for 2011, so I better find something cool, quick.

• Thumbs Up 1

I know this may not be "Wii" related, but it IS Nintendo platform related. Apparently, WP sent Ken a PM about the 3DS version and Ken sent a response back.

Hey WPStart,

Good to hear from you again Currently there are no 3DS plans - but that doesn't mean you shouldn't ask for it. i think you should make noise - much like you guys did with the physics. Thats how we (publishers) know there is a demand for them. :

Cheers man!

Ken

A 3DS version could possibly come out, which means that Nintendo fans (as a group) won't be left out.

http://forums.sega.c...l=1#post7015274

Edited by Autosaver
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'd love for this to get more attention. I think the game would do well on 3DS if Nintendo ever make the eShop not-shit.

I guess that means that Episode II is technically capable of running on the 3DS, doesn't it?

If Mobile phones can run it, I'm sure the 3DS could run it too. I think the big issue was the space limitations for the Wii.

If Mobile phones can run it, I'm sure the 3DS could run it too. I think the big issue was the space limitations for the Wii.

Yeah, I would happily welcome Episode 2 on the 3DS instead of the Wii to be honest.

Edited by KrazyBean14

Is the 40MB limit a Nintendo policy thing, or is it just for the Wii? My biggest fear here is SEGA going to Nintendo and getting turned down for the same reason.

Sonic 4 in 3D FTW

I think it's understandable that they're pissed. This is the third game in a row that the Wii isn't getting. And they even have the first part. Being stuck on an Episode 1 is of course frustrating. Of course I understand why it's not coming for it, and I wasn't planning to get it for the Wii anyway.

More annoying I find are how pretentious some from the other side are being about this.

Wow, seriously?

Yes seriously, they can go nuts with the graphics without spending time worrying if the little Wii will be able to cope, and what they're going to do about the lame file size limit. I never said people shouldn't buy a Wii, I only called it Shitii because it gives the devs less time if they have to downgrade resources for it xD

Edited by Dreamcast

There are no questions that Phones can handle Sonic 4. In fact next years Smartphones and a couple of top-end smartphones from this year are probably more powerful than the Wii.

Edited by Scar
  • Thumbs Up 3

Is the 40MB limit a Nintendo policy thing, or is it just for the Wii? My biggest fear here is SEGA going to Nintendo and getting turned down for the same reason.

Just the Wii has a size limit on downloadable games. I'm really sure that there will be none or a very big size limit on the WiiU, because it was stated, that they extend the Virtual Console series with GameCube content, since they ditched the compatibility for it, but KrazyBean14's statement about the lack of an harddrive confuses me slightly. Well, maybe it has SD card support...

Edited by Debug Mode

Just the Wii has a size limit on downloadable games. I'm really sure that there will be none or a very big size limit on the WiiU, because it was stated, that they extend the Virtual Console series with GameCube content, since they ditched the compatibility for it, but KrazyBean14's statement about the lack of an harddrive confuses me slightly. Well, maybe it has SD card support...

It still has SD Card support but not a Hard Drive (like a Xbox 360 250GB Hard Drive), which is a shame considering that the maximum space the WiiU can have is only 64GB (the biggest size for a SD Card).

Hopefully Nintendo will change their minds and put a Hard Drive on...it's 2012 for crying out loud, who uses SD cards to store content on Home Consoles apart from Nintendo?

To be honest, I haven't got much else to say about Episode 2 not being on Wii...so I'm done here.

Edited by KrazyBean14

The iPhone 3GS, 4 and 4S are more powerful than the Wii would you believe it. Basically most modern devices (smartphone, console) are more powerful than the Wii.

It'll probably show up on the Wii U. Either way, I'll just go for the PS3 version this time around anyways. The only reason I went for the Wii version for Episode 1 was because it came out first. Though if I had known that the music was going to be MIDI...sleep.png

Ditto. If the Ps3 version was first I would own that version instead. Bummer, now I own the worthless Wii version that will never be complete. :/ If the second episode is improved i'll download it on my PS3, and if the episodes lock on I might double dip on the first episode for my PS3.

Also OT I thought I remebered reading the wiiU would support harddrives.

Also OT I thought I remebered reading the wiiU would support harddrives.

External HDDs, yes, but no word on how much internal memory the Wii U has.

It still has SD Card support but not a Hard Drive (like a Xbox 360 250GB Hard Drive), which is a shame considering that the maximum space the WiiU can have is only 64GB (the biggest size for a SD Card).

Hopefully Nintendo will change their minds and put a Hard Drive on...it's 2012 for crying out loud, who uses SD cards to store content on Home Consoles apart from Nintendo?

To be honest, I haven't got much else to say about Episode 2 not being on Wii...so I'm done here.

Wait, is has little to no internal memory? Sonofa-

Anyways, while I do feel kinda bad for Wii-only owners, I can see why they're not releasing it for Wii, plus the fact that it might be on Wii U or 3DS is nice too. Also, given that I own a 360, I ended up getting it for that anyways since

1) It's $10, as opposed to being $15 on the Wii.

2) It has better graphics and music.

3) 360 will be getting Episode 2

4) It was on sale for about $4, less than half the price.

Wait, is has little to no internal memory? Sonofa-

Anyways, while I do feel kinda bad for Wii-only owners, I can see why they're not releasing it for Wii, plus the fact that it might be on Wii U or 3DS is nice too. Also, given that I own a 360, I ended up getting it for that anyways since

1) It's $10, as opposed to being $15 on the Wii.

2) It has better graphics and music.

3) 360 will be getting Episode 2

4) It was on sale for about $4, less than half the price.

Wait it's still $15, as in they never slashed the price on the Wii version even though every other version got a permanent price drop?

Wait it's still $15, as in they never slashed the price on the Wii version even though every other version got a permanent price drop?