Awoo.

No Wii? No Wii! *cue music loop*

Blue Blood

Wait, is has little to no internal memory? Sonofa-

Anyways, while I do feel kinda bad for Wii-only owners, I can see why they're not releasing it for Wii, plus the fact that it might be on Wii U or 3DS is nice too. Also, given that I own a 360, I ended up getting it for that anyways since

1) It's $10, as opposed to being $15 on the Wii.

2) It has better graphics and music.

3) 360 will be getting Episode 2

4) It was on sale for about $4, less than half the price.

Edited by KrazyBean14

To be honest, I wonder how a Wii U port of Episode 2 will play...will it use the touchscreen interface for something? I don't think that Episode 2 will even need touchscreen controls but knowing SEGA, they'll probably just use it in a gimmicky fashion even though it's not needed.

Seeing as the Wii Remote is the main Wii U controller, I think they'd just stick with that. And if you wanted to use the tablet thing you could too, but not with any touch controls beyond menus.

Seeing as the Wii Remote is the main Wii U controller, I think they'd just stick with that. And if you wanted to use the tablet thing you could too, but not with any touch controls beyond menus.

Yes. Hopefully, the only feature utilized would be the streaming, so you could play it on the go using just the controller, and like you said, maybe using touchscreen for menus.

Ugh.. guys, Sega HAS gotten price drops before. Remember that Christmas sale where tons of Sega games (VC) were on sale? Not sure why Sega never did anything for Sonic 4.

I less blame SEGA for the lack of a Wii edition and more on Nintendo's extremely small file size limit on WiiWare games.

I know it's been said, but honestly SEGA's been great at porting games to every imaginable platform lately. The only reason they would pass on the Wii was if they wanted to make a game the Wii couldn't hold because of it's size limit.

Edited by Skyward Dusk

I can totally see WiiU being another spin-off machine. This or it will get PS3 and X360 ports of mainstream games. WiiU is nice but with high sales of Generations I think they wont abandon HD Consoles anytime soon and give WiiU big exclusive. WiiU can be main platform but game would be probably ported to PS3 and X360 later.

I can totally see WiiU being another spin-off machine. This or it will get PS3 and X360 ports of mainstream games. WiiU is nice but with high sales of Generations I think they wont abandon HD Consoles anytime soon and give WiiU big exclusive. WiiU can be main platform but game would be probably ported to PS3 and X360 later.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wii U is an HD console -_-

First we dont know anything about Generations spec yet. And second thing I mean HD Consoles as in X360 and PS3. Those consoles that Generations was on.

First we dont know anything about Generations spec yet. And second thing I mean HD Consoles as in X360 and PS3. Those consoles that Generations was on.

Would be better if you called them the 7th Gen consoles than saying HD consoles seeing that the 8th Gen will be HD to save confusion

As for S4 E2 not being on Wii..... I wouldn't mind if it was on the Wii U or better the 3DS for it to be on the go....which I'm surprised E1 isn't on the eShop seeing that it can run on smartphones pretty good but then again it's Nintendo tongue.png.

Edited by Shaddix Leto Croft

Wii U is more powerful than PS3 and 360.

I always viewed the Wii as a successful fad...but now that Microsoft is shoving KINECT in everyone faces its only a matter of time before they win with superior tech.... until Wii-U comes along.

Wii has has like 35-40 million units on the 360, it won this console war. Just pointing that out there. As for the issue at hand, I can certainly see why people would be mad. It's a pretty dick move to split a single game into episodes and then only supply one of said episodes and then none of the other ones, just because you happened to choose the "wrong" system.

Edited by Hero Of Fate

Don't Nintendo still have stupid filesize limitations for the 3DS as well? And if the WiiU really doesn't have a hard drive, this whole thing is just going to repeat itself there, too. Considering a lot of XBLA games and even just DLC can go into hundreds of megabytes (usually 200-300 or more), if the WiiU is ultimately limited to 64GB SD cards, they're still going to have to impose some kind of limit.

Nintendo said external USB hard drives are usable.

Edited by MarcelloF

Ah, right. But even so, that probably won't remedy the situation. You can use SD cards in the Wii, too, yet they still impose the 40MB limit because it's optional (and most casuals probably don't even know the thing even has an SD card slot).

So yeah. Watch Nintendo put another filesize limit relative to however much on-board memory the WiiU has.

Wii U is more powerful than PS3 and 360.

Apparently that's what I've been hearing too as well. But I'd rather wait for Nintendo to show it in action though. And if the recent rumor is true, the "PS4" and "Xbox 720" at their E3 revealings could trump the Wii U in power so hard it's not even funny, let alone surpass it.

Don't Nintendo still have stupid filesize limitations for the 3DS as well? And if the WiiU really doesn't have a hard drive, this whole thing is just going to repeat itself there, too. Considering a lot of XBLA games and even just DLC can go into hundreds of megabytes (usually 200-300 or more), if the WiiU is ultimately limited to 64GB SD cards, they're still going to have to impose some kind of limit.

Maybe the Wii U could have cloud storage? I highly doubt it though.

Oh, and:

This should had been posted on the first page. What's the matter with you guys? :V

Apparently that's what I've been hearing too as well. But I'd rather wait for Nintendo to show it in action though. And if the recent rumor is true, the "PS4" and "Xbox 720" at their E3 revealings could trump the Wii U in power so hard it's not even funny, let alone surpass it.

Yeah, the thing is, next generation consoles aren't going to be as huge as the jump from last gen to this gen.

At the most, they'll let us do things we did this gen, but better. Sonic for example.

Better textures, the Hedgehog Engine will have more space to make the games look even better, Crisp graphics, Framerates could possibly stay at a consistent 60.

I mean, yeah, it'll probably be cool as hell, but I don't expect something huge just yet. We'd have to wait for the next major advancement in gaming.

And about showing the Wii U in action? They showed a demonstration of how it's graphics could look.

Yeah, the thing is, next generation consoles aren't going to be as huge as the jump from last gen to this gen.

At the most, they'll let us do things we did this gen, but better. Sonic for example.

Better textures, the Hedgehog Engine will have more space to make the games look even better, Crisp graphics, Framerates could possibly stay at a consistent 60.

I mean, yeah, it'll probably be cool as hell, but I don't expect something huge just yet. We'd have to wait for the next major advancement in gaming.

And about showing the Wii U in action? They showed a demonstration of how it's graphics could look.

*Zelda Wii U video*

Edited by KrazyBean14

Ah, right. But even so, that probably won't remedy the situation. You can use SD cards in the Wii, too, yet they still impose the 40MB limit because it's optional (and most casuals probably don't even know the thing even has an SD card slot).

So yeah. Watch Nintendo put another filesize limit relative to however much on-board memory the WiiU has.

• Thumbs Up 1

This was only a problem on the Wii because the Wii couldn't load stuff straight from SD cards. It needed enough open space on the Wii itself to temporarily move games onto the Wii from the SD card while you're playing them and then they would delete off the Wii when you finished playing. I'm pretty sure they fixed that with the 3DS and games can be loaded straight from the SD card. At least I'm pretty sure that's how it works.

When Episode 1 first came out my 360 was out for repairs due to the RROD for the 3rd time, so I decided to get it for my Wii.

So when it was announced Episode 2 wasn't coming to Wii, I was a little bothered by it. But as long as I can get Episode 2 on my 360 without requiring me to have Episode 1 on it, I'll be over it. Cause I really don't wanna pay for that trash again.

3DS does not have a filesize restriction. That is the reason why everyone keeps bringing up the 3DS for a possible port.

This was only a problem on the Wii because the Wii couldn't load stuff straight from SD cards. It needed enough open space on the Wii itself to temporarily move games onto the Wii from the SD card while you're playing them and then they would delete off the Wii when you finished playing. I'm pretty sure they fixed that with the 3DS and games can be loaded straight from the SD card. At least I'm pretty sure that's how it works.

That was the issue at first, but now the Wii can load games directly off the SD cards when updated. It does require a bit of empty space on the Wii though, but since the SD card can hold much more data than the Wii can than that's excusable for me - I have various Virtual Console games saved on my SD card, including Sin & Punishment which is probably the biggest VC game I have on the system next to Paper Mario.

So, who honestly has a Wii as their ONLY console?

Not to offend those who do, but you're missing out on some awesome shit.

Even if E2 was on Wii, I would get it on Xbox. E1's controls were NOT made for a d-pad. And I'm glad they're making it step up enough that size is an issue, I think that bodes well for it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Processor: Intel Pentium Dual-Core T4200 (2x2.0GHz) or AMD equivalent

Memory: 2GB RAM (XP)/3GB RAM (Windows 7 / Vista)

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 (512MB) / ATI Radeon HD 2900 (512MB)

*kicked for posting PC specs*

Though generally that's about right for the current HD consoles. The WiiU has been repeatedly stated to be "25% more powerful than the 360" sooo :V

So, who honestly has a Wii as their ONLY console?

I actually don't own any of the current gen consoles mellow.png