Awoo.

No Wii? No Wii! *cue music loop*

Blue Blood

The only way I can see this coming to Wii now is if SEGA releases a physical disc with every episode on it for retail after the digital releases are done. I wouldn't rule it out just yet.

Do we even know if Sonic 4 will be more than two episodes, in the beginning weren't they talking about three episodes?

Edited by Travis Touchdown

Um, what?

It just felt awkward to me, and I feel like it would have been smoother on a control stick. But still, it would probably feel like being suspended in a thick gel.

So, who honestly has a Wii as their ONLY console?

Not to offend those who do, but you're missing out on some awesome shit.

Even if E2 was on Wii, I would get it on Xbox. E1's controls were NOT made for a d-pad. And I'm glad they're making it step up enough that size is an issue, I think that bodes well for it.

Some people just don't even have a next gen systems and if so, probably just have a gaming computer. By now? If they don't have either a good gaming computer or any of the currecent systems.... then your really not a gamer at this point : / after 5 years...yea : / actually 6 now.

It just felt awkward to me, and I feel like it would have been smoother on a control stick. But still, it would probably feel like being suspended in a thick gel.

Edited by santalord767
  • Thumbs Up 2

I think its messed up that Sega is refusing to release Episode 4 Part 2 for the Wii. Its cheaper to produce WiiWare and im pretty sure a big portion of Sonics fanbase are also Nintendo gamers. Despite my opinion on the whole situation im still gonna buy it on 360 like I did with Part 1 for the achievements. Sega has to do something about hacker times tho. I highly doubt ANYONE is able to clear the Splash Hill Zone in under a second.

I think its messed up that Sega is refusing to release Episode 4 Part 2 for the Wii. Its cheaper to produce WiiWare and im pretty sure a big portion of Sonics fanbase are also Nintendo gamers. Despite my opinion on the whole situation im still gonna buy it on 360 like I did with Part 1 for the achievements. Sega has to do something about hacker times tho. I highly doubt ANYONE is able to clear the Splash Hill Zone in under a second.

Don't ALL Leaderboards have that problem? Damn hackers, ruining the fun for everyone.

I think its messed up that Sega is refusing to release Episode 4 Part 2 for the Wii. Its cheaper to produce WiiWare

That's exactly why they don't want to release it on Wii Ware. They want to make Episode II the quality the first Episode should have been. In order to do this, they need to spend more money to make it look, feel and sound better than it did. They also need to make sacrifices, they shouldn't be expected to release a game on an archaic and limited online distribution system that is WiiWare.

I mean, otherwise, why not release it on the Mega Drive because it would surely be cheaper to produce right?

and im pretty sure a big portion of Sonics fanbase are also Nintendo gamers. Despite my opinion on the whole situation im still gonna buy it on 360 like I did with Part 1 for the achievements.

Not necessarily true. There could be an arguable correlation but nothing too drastic. Besides, at this point most Wii Owners probably have at least one of iOS, Android or Windows Phone. Failing that, they could also have PSN or XBLA. Failing that a computer (if SEGA get on with it and announce a friggin' Steam version).

Sega has to do something about hacker times tho. I highly doubt ANYONE is able to clear the Splash Hill Zone in under a second.

Common sense should do the trick really for most hacked times. Under 10 seconds for GHZ? Yeah, its probably hacked. Just ignore it.

I think the best way would be to have like a recording of time-trial/leaderboard runs to make sure they're legit. Click on a person on the leaderboard and you can watch a recording of their run in that stage.

Allows for verification.

Even if E2 was on Wii, I would get it on Xbox. E1's controls were NOT made for a d-pad. And I'm glad they're making it step up enough that size is an issue, I think that bodes well for it.

Well, I have a Wii and a 3DS. Those systems basically have all the games I'm interested in, and I'll probably get Wii U as well. The other consoles have just a few titles I'm interested in and they're all inferior compared to the PC versions. I played Skyrim on a console and I couldn't believe how horrible the framerate was. And I mostly play games on Wii. I see no reason to get a system with terrible multiplatform releases just for one download software. And I will not play on mobile platforms with touch controls. Since S4E2 isn't coming to Steam (S4E1 wasn't originally either) my only hope was the Wii. Well, I guess I could still hope for the 3DS version...

• Thumbs Up 2

I only had a Wii for several years, until last year, I finally got a Playstation 3. But I've only had a Wii for all these years because Playstation/Xbox games don't interest me as much as Wii games do. Thats why I have the 3DS, and I'm soon getting the Wii U.

Edited by WhiteandNerdy-Hedgehog

I only had a Wii for several years, until last year, I finally got a Playstation 3. But I've only had a Wii for all these years because Playstation/Xbox games don't interest me as much as Wii games do. Thats why I have the 3DS, and I'm soon getting the Wii U.

I caved in after like a year or two of being a Wii only person. I hadda get a 360 cuz Nintendo wasnt pushing significant titles and the online play was horrible and im glad I made the decision of 360. I ended up getting Sonic 4 on the XBLA for the achievements and the fact that it was still 15 bucks than and I wanted to get one on the better console. Im gonna end up getting Ep 2 on the XBLA as well but it would be nice for casual Wii owners too who also have been known to like Sonic. Hell its even ending up on the PC, Sega is definitely gonna hear out the cries of the internet and port it to Wii for the sake of cash. I heard it had new physics, but thats nothing the Wii cant handle.

• Thumbs Up 1

Dude. Not everyone has loads of money. How the hell was I supposed to come up with $500 at age 12? The only reason why I had only a Wii for a long time was simply because it was the cheapest. Some of us didn't have a choice, it's kinda annoying when people are like, "lololol all you have is a Wii you suck", it's not like we chose to get only a Wii; it was the cheapest and not everyone is born into wealthy families that always has an extra $500 to spare (yes, I know that the PS3 is $250 these days, but in 2006 it was $500-$600). I didn't get a PS3 until last week, now that I'm almost 17 and have a job.

Like I said, not to offend those who do. I was asking because it isn't a common occurance. Not as though you need to be Richie Rich to get a PC.

...what? then again, let's be honest, E1's controls weren't made for any controller

Oh and for the record, before I had a PS3, I didn't give a shit about the fact that S4E2 wasn't coming to my console. Now that I have a PS3, I still don't give a shit, I don't feel bad for Wii-only owners, and I'm still not planning on getting S4E2. I haven't played S4E1 since October 2010, which was the month it came out, and I have no intention of ever playing it again, and I do not want to waste my money.

Why are people saying "What?" I explained this statement more than once.

The way Sonic moved in Sonic 4 gave me the idea that I was putting so much effort in the right D-Pad button to move, giving me the illusion I was hurting my finger.

From playing both Wii & PS3 version, it's easier to use the d-pad than the analogue stick (surprise surprise, it is a 2D game afterall).

Well, I have a Wii and a 3DS. Those systems basically have all the games I'm interested in, and I'll probably get Wii U as well. The other consoles have just a few titles I'm interested in and they're all inferior compared to the PC versions. I played Skyrim on a console and I couldn't believe how horrible the framerate was. And I mostly play games on Wii. I see no reason to get a system with terrible multiplatform releases just for one download software. And I will not play on mobile platforms with touch controls. Since S4E2 isn't coming to Steam (S4E1 wasn't originally either) my only hope was the Wii. Well, I guess I could still hope for the 3DS version...

Do you know how large the map in Skyrim is? The fact that the game is even running with so many high-poly objects rendered is a feat in itself. There are plenty of 360/PS3 games rigged at 60FPS. Of course you wouldn't expect a Wii game to lag when all the system needs is this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollywood_(graphics_chip)

^ Had to use code formatting since the bracket in the url was being ignored xD

Also, terrible multiplatform releases? Is this something that the Wii is excluded from? xD

Edited by Dreamcast

I caved in after like a year or two of being a Wii only person. I hadda get a 360 cuz Nintendo wasnt pushing significant titles and the online play was horrible and im glad I made the decision of 360.

Well, you see, I don't like many games outside of Nintendo's consoles. Heck, I even got a Playstation 3 and have like, only eight games for it, and I'm not planning on getting anymore. (Sonic Unleashed, Sonic '06, Sonic Generations, Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection, Uncharted 3, Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One, Rayman Origins, Batman Arkham City)

So I've always been a Nintendo person, they've always had games I've loved. Sony's a pretty close second too, Crash Bandicoot is one of my favorites. I've just never really liked Xbox though..

Edited by WhiteandNerdy-Hedgehog

Yes, since Sonic has no momentum you have to keep adjusting his horizontal position during jumps. While I have a veteran gaming thumb, I can definitely understand why it would hurt someone's fingers. xD

Edited by Dreamcast

Do you know how large the map in Skyrim is? The fact that the game is even running with so many high-poly objects rendered is a feat in itself. There are plenty of 360/PS3 games rigged at 60FPS. Of course you wouldn't expect a Wii game to lag when all the system needs is this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollywood_(graphics_chip)

^ Had to use code formatting since the bracket in the url was being ignored xD

Also, terrible multiplatform releases? Is this something that the Wii is excluded from? xD

Compared to the PC version, the console Skyrim feels nothing like a lazy port. It's filled with jagged edges and while the map indeed is huge, I would expect that the developers would at least try to optimize the experience on the consoles rather than trying to make them do something they're clearly uncapable of. Besides, I'd rather take a steady framerate over an overly sized map any day. And Skyrim is not the only case.

Like I said, get multiplatform releases for PC. It's a much better experience. I don't get multiplatform releases for Wii either so I wouldn't know, but I think they have to make the game run on an entirely different graphics engine, which usually results in at least a steady framerate as they have to design the graphics specifically with the Wii's capabilities in mind.

Back on topic though: I do hope that Sonic 4 as a whole gets a physical release too so I'm not completely missing out on this if this doesn't get a PC/Wii U/3DS release. I'm not going to get a new console just for one or two downloadable software.

• Thumbs Up 1

This won't be about price but resources.

Clearly S4E2 will be bigger than 40MB, which is what the Wii's WiiWare cap is. Which means the only way it could get a release is to release a physical copy, which I doubt they will.

• 4 weeks later...

s4ep23.jpg

I don't know, it looks like it could easily be reproduced on the Wii.

If Sonic 4 looked like this

SonicGen+Screenshot+004.jpg

then I could easily understand why the Wii wouldn't be able to handle it.

I feel like the biggest reason why Wii isn't getting it is because of the file size limit.