Awoo.

Best and worst game from each era

Silver*

Classic Era:

BEST: Sonic CD (XBLA). 2 months ago, I would've put Sonic 3 but since the remake came out... just WOW! The fun I have while playing it just blows everything (except maybe Portal 2) out of the water. The only thing is that I can't play it with the US soundtrack. I just have no fun with it; its too bland and boring (except Tidal Tempest, that one good). The JP/EU soundtrack is just better in every possible way.

WORST: Sonic Blast. Boring, broken physics, and glaringly awful graphics make this the worst by far.

Dreamcast Era:

BEST: Sonic Adventure. First off, I've never played SA2. There, now that I got that out of the way, I've only played SA1 for about a year I still think it's the best of this era. I love Heroes and Shadow but SA1 is better where it counts: the gameplay. Sonic's gameplay is great. It's basically the classic's gameplay in 3D. Tails, Knuckles, Amy, and Gamma all play great but Big.... FUCK BIG!!! He can go burn in hell. Trying to get the Twinkle Park A rank mission took me hours... and I STILL haven't gotten it.

WORST: None are really that bad but if I had to pick... Sonic Heroes.

Modern Era:

BEST: Sonic Unleashed HD. I've never played Generations so this is my favorite 3D Sonic. The first night I got it, I played it for hours. It is the most epic Sonic game I've ever played. No words can describe how I felt as I went through it. Only Sonic CD, Portal 2, and Sonic 3 have ever touched me in the way this game has. (Yes, I even love the Werehog.)

Honourable Mention: Sonic 06.

WORST: I've only played 3 of the modern games: Unleashed (both versions), Sonic 06, and Chronicles. Out of those 3... Chronicles. It's not that bad but compared to the others just... no.

Classic Era

Best: Sonic 3 & Knuckles

Yeah, they're separate games, but I honestly don't care. They're usually seen as one game anyways. This was the perfect classic Sonic game. The perfect mix of level design, music, fun, different characters, and so much more. This game had an incredible amount of things to offer, adding stuff like a super transformation for Knuckles and Hyper Sonic. There's basically nothing you can't love about this game every time you play it. Honorable mention goes to Sonic 2, though.

Worst: Sonic Labyrinth

While I've played worse Sonic games (Which I'll get to in a minute) This game was certainly..strange in the sense that it's not even really a Sonic game, which is what I think made it so bad in the first place. It was rejected because of it being different from the rest of the series. I played through some of the game and I honestly didn't think it was awful, but..no, it just didn't fit into what Sonic the Hedgehog should be.

Dreamcast Era

Best: Sonic Adventure 2: Battle

Oh, the memories. This Sonic game is one that I've poured so many hours into, that it's pretty ridiculous. I love this game and pretty much everything about it, to be honest. I played the first Sonic Adventure after experiencing this one and I honestly think that the second one overshadowed the first one in pretty much every single aspect that was available. The story, cutscenes, music, level design, and everything was all great. Well..almost everything. Freakin' emerald hunting..

Worst: Shadow the Hedgehog

Like Sonic Labyrinth, this actually isn't the worst Sonic game that I've ever played and..well, to be perfect honest, I didn't even think it was bad. Maybe it's just because I played it when I was younger, back when pretty much everything seemed good to you, no matter what you played, but I remember enjoying this game when I played it and going through it again and again to see the different endings. The reason I put it as the worst though is because it's definitely not as memorable as the others in the "Dreamcast Era" and the others in that section really seem to just be better than this one anyways.

Modern Era

Best: Sonic Generations

Pretty much the perfect mix of what a 3D Sonic game should be, if you ask me. Plus, with greatly executed aspects of Classic games. The Modern levels were put together with a well supply of both speed and platforming, in such a way that you're doing both, but at an evenly rate, so it doesn't feel like there's too much of one overwhelming the other or anything like that. Overall, they made for great and fun stages. There was also the Classic levels, which brought back the good 'ole 2D part of Sonic's franchise. Running through stages of Sonic's time as the original guy himself felt great and I loved every bit of it. This game is great.

Worst: Sonic the Hedgehog (2006)

Fuck this game. What I feel for this game is the EXACT opposite of what I feel for Sonic Generations. Everything that could have possibly been done in this game was done wrong. SO wrong to the fact that it's got to be one of the worst games I've ever played, if not the worst. Assisted with the fact that I was forced to watch one of my icons from my childhood crash and burn into such a monstrosity as this. I know all of this goes without saying, but the script, level design, physics, controls, and anything that has to do with this game (Except the music) Is complete and absolute crap and I hope I never have to play it again.

Edited by krazystitch

Classic Era

BEST

Sonic 3 & Knuckles

Personally, I find this to be the perfect Sonic game. All levels have a balanced mix of speeding and platforming, and the levels were nice and long (not that I don't like short levels, but I do like the fact that the levels in this are long so that the level designs are able to become as complex and alternate-pathway-and-secret-infested as possible). Great level trope choices, each with their own gimmicks such as the Barrels and cannons in Carnival Night. The option of playing either one half or the other is also good if you don't feel like playing the game for hours on end. The story is nice and simple, but effective as well, and the soundtrack is one of the best video game soundtracks ever.

Worst

Sonic 3D, or Labyrinth.

The sonic games from the Mid 90's (1995-7) are some of the worst I've ever played, but these two take the chocolate digestive.

Now, I hate collecting things to progress through a game, particularly if you can't memorise where they will be. The fact that Sonic 3D and Labyrinth both rely on collecting things is not a good thing from the outset, so not even the concepts for these games were good. I hated how sonic controlled in both games, for different reason. In Sonic 3D, sonic controls like he's wearing Soap Shoes. I'm not talking about the shoes he wore in SA2, I mean shoes made of soap. In Sonic Labyrinth he controls like a block of wood. Admittedly, it's difficult to translate Sonic style physics into an Isometric style, but who the hell green-lighted the concept of an Isometric Sonic game? The fact that Sonic is slow, can't jump, and when spindashing, ricochets off the edges of the level like a pinball in Labyrinth puts that game in the lead as my least favourite Sonic game from the 90's.

6th Gen

BEST

Sonic Adventure 1

For the 1st proper Sonic game in 3D, it sure is a good one. They could have went back to basics and add no story, no extra characters and make the whole atmosphere of it all mirror Sonic 1, but Sonic adventure was really natural evolution of the classic titles, which is why I class it as a Classic Sonic game.

Admittedly, some playstyles were not as good as others. Big's levels are awful and Amy's can be quite annoying (If she were a little faster, it'd be better) but Sonic, Tails, Gamma and to a lesser extent Knuckles are all fun to play (Even Amy's are alright). Knuckles' levels are good in this game because they're usually nice and quick, whereas I can be stuck in a Knuckles/Rouge level in SA2 for ages and not find any emeralds/shards/keys, etc. I did say that I like long levels when referencing Sonic 3 & Knuckles, but I like long levels that are truly long, not padded out by making it so you're scavenging for scraps like an alley cat.

The levels consist of alternate pathways and secrets, unlike some of the later Sonic games from the 6th generation, as well as more open areas to explore without fear of falling into a pit of death. The hub world were also pulled off perfectly in this game, and how most hub worlds should be.

WORST

Shadow the Hedgehog.

I could probably write a book about how much I loathe this game. It was a close call between this and Sonic Heroes. I decided to choose this, because it carried the problems from Sonic Heroes across, and added more problems of its own. I didn't like Sonic heroes because after Bingo Highway, (maybe even before) every level just seemed to be a couple of platforms and rails suspended above a giant pit of death, where you had to be extremely cautious and you would die if you missed a footing or dared to try and explore, and there were no alternate pathways. If you fell from a platform, you had no hope of landing on solid ground underneath... plus the physics weren't very good, especially in Comparison with Sonic adventure, which felt close to the classic games, but in 3D. Not only Does Shadow the hedgehog contain these very flaws, but it adds a stupidly dark atmosphere that is just not needed. I wouldn't mind playing a game where we learnt more about Shadow if I felt like it belonged in the same universe as the almighty Sonic 3 & Knuckles and Sonic Adventure, and felt like I was playing a platform game, not a shoot 'em up. The idea of the story changing could be a good idea (Apparently, they were going to do that for Sonic Adventure 2) but nah, the way it was pulled off here didn't do it for me, for whatever reason. I also thought Knuckles' voice was awful in this game, I was used to his other two voice actors, upon first hearing Dan Green's Knuckles I just thought "what the shit is up with his voice?"

MODERN

Now, bear in mind that I've only played these games in the Modern era: Sonic 06 (360), Sonic Unlashed (360), Sonic 4: Episode 1 (360), a bit of Sonic Rush (DS) and Sonic Generations (360) so my ideas of Best and worst Sonic games from this era might be different to other people's.

BEST

Sonic Generations

The inclusion of classic style gameplay certainly helps, but that's not all, the progression is the most straightforward I've seen since Sonic 3 & Knuckles, (out of the main series at least) there's no stupid treasure hunting or fishing levels, the level design is good, and doesn't punish you for falling off the edge of a platform or missing a footing. It also has a more expanded platforming aspect that Sonic unleashed doesn't have in its daytime stages. it did not disappoint with its reimagining of stages, its atmosphere is something I'd like to see retained in future Sonic games.

The only real downsides are the lack of a gripping story and the fact that Modern's stages rely a little too much on 2D.

WORST

Sonic 06

I don't hate this game, but it's really the only modern Sonic game that I've played that isn't that good (Apart from Sonic 4 E1, but until more episodes are released it's too early to say). I didn't really follow the story at all, I do like a story, but nothing more complex than Sonic Adventure 1, thank you very much. The game doesn't feel as polished as the Sonic games that followed it and by that I mean the characters don't control like I'd expect a Sonic character to control. They control more a character from a completely different game which can turn round corners like a Mini Cooper. Not as bad as Labyrinth and 3D (or Heroes, for that matter) but still not as good as the adventure games.

Admittedly, the level design for the most part was better than Sonic Heroes and Shadow the Hedgehog but the Mach speed sections were not particularly good. I feel they were only there to make up for how slow the rest of the game was. you just kept crashing all the time and use up all your lives. This was especially frustrating in some of the later levels where you spend so long getting to the Mach speed section only to use up all your lives and having to do the entire stage all over again, which wouldn't be too bad if it wasn't for the loading times, and the fact that it only saves once you've completed a level (presumably because if the game saved during missions and the like, the load times would be even worse!)

But I really didn't like the atmosphere of it all. Everything was just so lifeless. You didn't feel for anyone in the game, you couldn't care less if Robotnik built Robotropolis or solaris went and destroyed the world, none of the characters seemed to have any personality. Jason Griffith's performance in Unleashed is perhaps my favourite Sonic voice ever, but his performance here is lacklustre to say the least. he says everything with the same expression, like someone's sucked all the emotion out of his brain. he didn't even seem bothered when you died in the game. Amy Palant sounded as girly as ever when voicing Tails, and even Mike Pollock didn't seem to be on top form when he voiced Eggman in this game. But the voices was just the start. Sonic's eye structure and facial expression made him look evil throughout most of the game except the final cutscene, most of the animations for the characters made them look like marionettes, and the hub-world NPC's were a complete joke. they look like animated corpses who have no life to them at all, no personality, just people who generally have nothing to say and lack the likeability that the NPC's in unleashed had. The artistic style was also bad, the NPC's looked like they were stock models for a different game, and make Sonic and co. look like football mascots in comparison.

So there you go. 06 isn't the abomination people say it is, but I don't think it's a very good game when you compare it to the others of the modern era.

Overall Best

Sonic 3 & Knuckles

Overall Worst

Shadow the hedgehog- if only for the fact that it's a platformer and shouldn't have to be executed as badly as it is (Sonic 3D and Labyrinth are probably worse)

He? I think Haruhi is a girl....

yeah I am a girl;

And I was serious about my selections; even made a post as to why i felt the way i did.

Best Classic: Sonic 3 and Knuckles

Worst Classic: Sonic R

Best Dreamcast: Sonic Adventure 2 Battle

Worst Dreamcast: Shadow the Hedgehog

Best Modern: Sonic Generations

Worst Modern: Sonic and the Black Knight

yeah I am a girl;

And I was serious about my selections; even made a post as to why i felt the way i did.

I was serious too when I said nice selection

Classic!

BEST: Sonic 3 & Knuckles. Combine two of the best games into their one whole intended product and you get replayability gold... until you know it like the back of your hand. ^^;

WORST: Sonic Labyrinth.

Dreamcast!

BEST: Sonic Adventure 2: Battle for me... Could be the nostalgia goggles induced by the fact of it being my first Sonic game, but what am I to do.

WORST: Shadow the Hedgehog. I admit that I overall enjoyed the DC era, just that i didn't enjoy this game as much as the rest.

Modern!

BEST: Sonic Generations... I fail to see the need to explain why.

WORST: Sonic '06. There's not much that I can enjoy about this game, sorry to say. SEGA definitely shouldn't have rushed this.

Classic Era:

Best: Sonic 3&K (the combined proper full length version).

Whilst I adore the brilliance of the time travel gimmicky Sonic CD, even that can't quite match the wonderful Sonic 3&K. 3&K had the advantage of it's two predecessors, Sonic CD & Sonic 2.The result:

- A massive 14 level adventure with 4 character options: S&T, S, T or K.

- Huge open levels jammed with secrets, endless exploring all with 10 minutes.

- Mid zone boss and end of zones boss. The classic eight hits, but much harder to destroy very gimmick bosses. Sonic CD had trememdous input in this game. More so I think that Sonic 2.

- 3 bonus levels. The blue sphere special stage (best special ever created). Chaos and master emeralds. Power ups (water, electric & fire).

- To me this game is in a class of its own. Plenty of things to stop you getting bored. How quicky can collect 99 lives? How many acts can you finish with 999 rings?

- A beautifully told story with no cutscenes. Each zone is effectively one big act. The first act flows seemlessly in the second without the screen going blank. At the end of each level Sonic moves seemlessly to the next (in Hydrocity Sonic is thrown into the air by water and at the start of Marble Garden he starts of by falling from sky. You can picture the story as the game flows. Simply magical.

Sonic 3&K was best 2d game on the mega drive (genesis) in my opinion.

Worst game:

A tough one, but I would say Sonic 2. Slightly poor controls. Almost too fast. Easy to get killed as Super Sonic.

Adventure Era:

Best Game: Sonic Heroes.

The game flows nicely. 4 different playing options, Team Sonic, Team Dark etc. With verying difficulty. A nice game (not perfect).

Also really like Shadow the hedgehog. The idea that ceratin actions in a level would take you on a different path (with so mnay paths available) was inspired. A very Sonic CDish concept.

Worst Game: SA1.

Painful. Irritating and pointless hub levels where you just get stuck and bored. The game does not flow. The missions are pretty naf.

Modern Era:

Best Game

Sonic Generations:

A game that does not flow but it's a celebration of 20 years. Some beautiful level design. The perfect mix of 2d/3d gameplay. The fact that you can play what music you want was a great idea.

Worst Game

Sonic Unleashed (yes worse that Sonic TH 06).

Pointless hub levels. Poor controls, cheap deaths. A confusing story. Nice graphics to be fair. Sadly the Werehog levels are better than the Sonic levels. That's compliment as I really like the Werehog levels. The slower pace actually worked quite well.

Best game of all era's, Sonic 3&K.

• Thumbs Up 1

Best Classic game: Sonic 3 & Knuckles.

It's got good flow, a cool special stage system, and a secret stage at the end of the game if you get all the emeralds. Plus being locked together means you can pursue the Super Emeralds, which adds a lot to the value of the game.

Worst Classic game: Sonic 3D Blast.

Irritating controls and I'm not a fan of the isometric angle. Generally the gameplay is sluggish and unimpressive.

Best Adventure game: Sonic Adventure.

It feels like the truest form Sonic could take in 3D. It's light, fast, and the graphics were just awesome for their time. There are some dull points but all-in-all, a game definitely worth playing.

Worst Adventure game: Shadow the Hedgehog.

Carried over most of the problems with Sonic Heroes (slippery controls and screwy camera) but infused it with GRIMDARK. I'm not against everything in the game (thought the branching story was alright, the gunplay wasn't offensive nor required, and the level design was pretty hot) but ultimately, it is too flawed to be fun (and all the swearing...blah).

Best Modern game: Sonic Generations.

It needed to be longer and I find quite a few faults with the individual elements that make it up but the sum total of its parts gives it soul and life. Best Sonic game since Sonic Adventure 2.

Worst Modern game: Sonic 360.

Same slippery controls from Sonic Heroes but now augmented with the Havok physics engine, really awful and confusing plot, and had some terrible load times even when loaded on HDD. Certainly the worst Sonic game ever and probably my least favorite game from this entire generation. Plus, I had a lot of faith in this game at the outset so the disappointment hit hard when I realized they failed miserably.
Edited by S0lidS0nic_Th3_H

Classic -

Best : Sonic 2 (Sonic CD in a very close second)

Worst : Spinball

Dreamcast -

Best : Sonic Adventure

Worst : Sonic Adventure 2

Modern -

Best : Sonic Colors

Worst : Sonic Generations

Also -

Compilation -

Best : Sonic Jam (Sonic Gems close)

Worst : Mega Collection

Non Sega Handheld -

Best : Sonic Pocket Adventure

Worst : Sonic the Hedgehog Genesis

Remake -

Best : Sonic Adventure DX

Worst : Sonic CD

Non-Sonic game featuring Sonic -

Best : Sonic the Fighters

Worst : Sonic Shuffle

Edited by Jix Hedgehog

Let's see, I'll avoid any non-standard platformer cop-out answers like Labyrinth etc:

Classic Console

Best - Sonic 3

Sonic 3 and Knuckles is of course a complete and wonderful experience, but I just slightly prefer the level design of 3 so yeah, lol.

Worst - Sonic 2

Yeah just doesn't grab me like the others do. Not sure what it is exactly. The level design is a bit more repetitive. The platforming isn't as streamlined as Sonic 3's but isn't as slow or intricate as Sonic 1's, so it's very... bland to me.

Classic Portable

Best - Sonic 2

Okay sorta cheating because as usual I'm referring to the Master System version, but yeah. Wonderful level design, good blend of speed and platforming, with great aesthetics and music.

Worst - Sonic Blast

This game is so awful I often want to exclude it as a spin-off or some kind of oddball game SEGA had nothing to do with, but nope, it's there in Sonic Adventure DX so I gotta acknowledge it. Just yeah, awful design, ugly visuals, and only five zones? Clearly they did not give much time to care about this game.

DreamCast Console

Best - Sonic Adventure 2

While it has a lot of flaws, and the best part of the game is not what the majority of it is, it's still the best example of Sonic gameplay from the era to me.

Worst - Sonic Heroes

Slippy controls, overwrought, samey level design with uninspired combat, and too much of it, and really ugly design on everything except the stages themselves (which admittedly were gorgeous).

Dreamcast Portable

Best - Sonic Advance 2

Yeah, controversial choice but the speed just blew me away when I first played this. No portable game had ever done that.

Worst - Sonic Advance 3

Ugh, just lame with way too much cheap deaths and a totally pointless partner system.

Modern Console

Best - Sonic Generations

Yeah, no question really. Sonic Unleashed is an honourable mention though, since it was the source of Generations' awesome, more refined gameplay. Just perfect. Give us this without the 2D sections and it'll be the perfect 3D Sonic game to me.

Worst - Sonic and the Black Knight

Barely even a platformer, but it sure as hell was marketed one. It's the technically better game than 2006 but I know which one has the better level design and is more fun to actually navigate.

Modern Portable

Best - Sonic Rush Adventure

A great refinement of Rush's gameplay, tons of stages, the best non-platforming filler material of the series, and crazy good boss battles.

Worst - Sonic Rivals 2

The level design was as strong as the first if not stronger, but the race mechanics were just so broken. As soon as someone has a lead bigger than a couple of screens' worth, it's near impossible to catch up. The offensive items travel SLOWER than you do.

Is the Shadow the Hedgehog game part of the Dreamcast or Modern era?

I consider it part of the Dreamcast era. It's the same generation of consoles and the story is strongly linked to Heroes and Sonic Adventure 2.

Classic

Best- 1 2 and 3K, Spinball (IMO, don't hate on me for liking it), and Sonic 1 Game Gear Ver.

Worst- Tails' Adventure, Labyrinth, Blast, and Drift

Dreamcast

Best- SA1 and SA2

Worst- None, you idiot!

Modern

Best- Heroes, Unleashed, Colors, and Generations

Worst- '06, '06, '06, and '06.

Oh, and CD for the best of the Classic Era.

CLASSIC

best: SONIC 2

worst: TAILS SKY PATROL

DREAMCAST

best: SONIC ADVENTURE 2

worst: SONIC SHUFFLE

MODERN

best: SONIC COLOURS (closely behind is sonic generations)

worst: SONIC AND THE BLACK KNIGHT/ SONIC 06 (seriously hard to decide)

Classic era

Best: Sonic 3 & Knuckles

Worst: Sonic Labirynth

Dreamcast era

Best: Sonic Adventure 2 Battle

Worst: Sonic Shuffle

Modern era

Best: Sonic Generations

Worst: Sonic '06

Edited by rpgguy999

• 2 weeks later...

Here's mine

Classic Era:

Best- Sonic the Hedgehog CD (Sonic 3 & Knuckles was SO SO SO CLOSE)

Worst- Sonic 3D Blast

DC Era:

Best- Sonic Adventure

Worst- Sonic Heroes (The Super Power of Team Work *Facepalms*)

Modern Era:

Best- Sonic Generations

Worst- SONIC 06 (TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE!!!)

Classic 8-Bit Games:

Best- Sonic Triple Trouble

Worst- SONIC LABYRINTH

GBA Games:

Best- Sonic Advance 3

Worst- Sonic Advance 2

DS Games:

Best- Sonic Rush

Worst- Sonic Rush Adventure

Edited by Cristian Fox

• 2 weeks later...
I found the whole Metal Sonic Kai design goofy from the start and the whole MotW thing was wank.

...What the fuck are you talking about? There's NOTHING about his design that could be considered goofy. It's easily the most threatening looking version of Metal Sonic ever:

MSKaiFight.png

Classic -

Best Classic game - Sonic CD. S3&K is good and all, but I personally found Sonic CD to be a better experience for me. Both the US and JP soundtracks are awesome. The only problem I have with the game is the bad enemy placements, but overall, it's still a great game. Sonic 2 is the second best.

Worst Classic game - Sonic Labyrinth. My God, Sonic Labyrinth. I can't play a Sonic game that doesn't have the speed from the previous titles. That's the whole point of the series' existence, so I don't know who's bright idea is it to make a game where Sonic loses his speed.

Dreamcast/Adventure era -

Best Dreamcast/Adventure game - Sonic Adventure. Despite the sucky fishing, it's still an awesome game. Love how you have a selection of six characters to play as. Games like this make me wish that SEGA will stop using the Solo Sonica formula. I love to play as characters like Knuckles and Amy again, but that all depends on whether SEGA's gonna stick with the Sonic-only thing or not. The first Sonic Advance game is my second best.

Worst Dreamcast/Adventure game - Shadow the Hedgehog. God, this game's horrendous. The gameplay's really awful. Imo, this game started the whole major downfall of the series.

Modern era -

Best Modern game - Sonic Colors. Really fun game and it's pretty much the Daytime stages from Sonic Unleashed, but without the Werehog stages. Second best is Sonic Generations.

Worst Modern game - Sonic 06. What a glitchy mess. Not to mention the plot is atrocious as well.

Even if you aren't bashing her...I see a lot of that in these forums, opinion intolerance is one of this fanbase's most known issues...whenever I state Sonic Colors sucks and would rather play Shadow the hedgehog or 06 (not saying they're great either, they just needed to be completed) someone gets pissed, and they shouldn't...why? because it's my opinion, it doesn't really matter, and it doesn't really change the fact people hate certain games, what's done is done...and no matter the amount of flaming or intolerance, nothing will change...

Classic -

Best Classic game - Sonic CD. S3&K is good and all, but I personally found Sonic CD to be a better experience for me. Both the US and JP soundtracks are awesome. The only problem I have with the game is the bad enemy placements, but overall, it's still a great game. Sonic 2 is the second best.

Worst Classic game - Sonic Labyrinth. My God, Sonic Labyrinth. I can't play a Sonic game that doesn't have the speed from the previous titles. That's the whole point of the series' existence, so I don't know who's bright idea is it to make a game where Sonic loses his speed.

Dreamcast/Adventure era -

Best Dreamcast/Adventure game - Sonic Adventure. Despite the sucky fishing, it's still an awesome game. Love how you have a selection of six characters to play as. Games like this make me wish that SEGA will stop using the Solo Sonica formula. I love to play as characters like Knuckles and Amy again, but that all depends on whether SEGA's gonna stick with the Sonic-only thing or not. The first Sonic Advance game is my second best.

Worst Dreamcast/Adventure game - Shadow the Hedgehog. God, this game's horrendous. The gameplay's really awful. Imo, this game started the whole major downfall of the series.

Modern era -

Best Modern game - Sonic Colors. Really fun game and it's pretty much the Daytime stages from Sonic Unleashed, but without the Werehog stages. Second best is Sonic Generations.

Worst Modern game - Sonic 06. What a glitchy mess. Not to mention the plot is atrocious as well.

This is pretty much how I feel whenever I say that I didn't like S3&K as much as other games like Sonic CD, Sonic 2, and Sonic Adventure. Everytime I say it, the fans are either butthurt or just surprised that I don't like it at all.

Don't worry. People have their opinions. If 3&K wasn't on a Top 16 Bit games list, Sonic CD and Sonic 2 would be in 1st and 2nd Place.

Shadow counted as a DC game? Snap. :(

Don't worry. People have their opinions. If 3&K wasn't on a Top 16 Bit games list, Sonic CD and Sonic 2 would be in 1st and 2nd Place.

Shadow counted as a DC game? Snap. sad.png

I always thought that ShTH was a Modern game, tbh. But since Haruhi put it down as a Dreamcast era game, I just went along with it. :P

And to think, most people outside of the fandom think that Sonic CD is the best game in the franchise. To the fans, it's S3&K. And I really don't see it that way.

I always thought that ShTH was a Modern game, tbh. But since Haruhi put it down as a Dreamcast era game, I just went along with it. tongue.png

And to think, most people outside of the fandom think that Sonic CD is the best game in the franchise. To the fans, it's S3&K. And I really don't see it that way.

Kinda like Mega Man 2. I love it, but Mega Man 3 and 5 were better to me.