Awoo.

If Sonic did have a love interest, what would she have to be like?

Chaos Warp

So, the topic is (bet you have never seen this one before!), if Sonic was to have a love interest, in the games, what would she have to be like?

IMO, she'd definitely have to be an action girl, and should be able to kick ass with Sonic. I also think they should share the speed trait, so she can keep up with him. She should be similar to Sonic in personality, free sprited, cocky and heroic, but she should have unique traits to separate her. And while I think they should share the speed trait, the ability similarity should stop there. She should not in any way make him give up who he is.

Thoughts?

Edited by Chaos Warp
  • Thumbs Up 3

She or he would allow him to be Sonic, not just _____' s boyfriend. That's why Sonic doesn't like being tied down. Because he would have to give up who he is to benefit someone else, whether it's Sally, Amy or Elise.

Edited by Haruhi
  • Thumbs Up 8

So then Amy if she if Sega didn't erase her character Development from Adventure. :r

But she's slower then Sonic, therefore she can't keep up. Maybe if she was as fast as him, but otherwise...........If Sonic can't run because of a relationship, that would kind of suck.

She would have to be several things:

1) Willing to understand that Sonic does not enjoy being tied down to things such as settling down (marriage, kids, the like)

2) By putting herself in the position of Sonic's Girlfriend, she is risking her life, and thus needs to be able to defend herself.

3) That Sonic can be a reckless guy and is a living heart attack creating machine on legs.

4) Doesn't compromise on alot of things.

Edited by Enigma2Me
  • Thumbs Up 3

I suppose Amy (in some games, anyway) or Blaze would fit, although for different reasons. They're the only characters I ship him with, anyway. tongue.png

Amy fits the "Action Girl" bill, but she isn't all that accepting of the fact that Sonic is ultimately a free spirit who probably won't be settling down anytime soon. On the other hand, there has been the occasional moment where she seems to genuinely have feelings for him beyond "obsessive crush". I personally loved the moment in SA2 where she jokingly said she would only help him escape his cell if he agreed to marry her. At least, I always interpreted it as joking.

Blaze would be a better choice as a love-interest (in my personal opinion, shipping is very subjective)...if it weren't for the fact she lives in an alternate universe. Then again, as far as I can tell anyway, Generations seems to imply she can stop by whenever she wants (unless the Sol Emeralds sensed she should be there, as in Colours DS).

Edited by ElementofChaos7

So, the topic is (bet you have never seen this one before!), if Sonic was to have a love interest, in the games, what would she have to be like?

IMO, she'd definitely have to be an action girl, and should be able to kick ass with Sonic. I also think they should share the speed trait, so she can keep up with him. She should be similar to Sonic in personality, free sprited, cocky and heroic, but she should have unique traits to separate her. And while I think they should share the speed trait, the ability similarity should stop there. She should not in any way make him give up who he is.

Thoughts?

She? Are you implying our blue hedgehog is not hiding something in the closet? That would explain all the mysterious trips He and Tails take every now and then.

Besides, it's gotta be Amy or Sally. If Sega just threw in a random character for one game and made Sonic love her, the fan-fiction part of the fanbase would be in a crisis... a love crisis that is.

Edited by Nintendoga

She? Are you implying our blue hedgehog is not hiding something in the closet? That would explain all the mysterious trips He and Tails take every now and then.

Oh god..........

Besides, it's gotta be Amy or Sally. If Sega just threw in a random character for one game and made Sonic love her, the fan-fiction part of the fanbase would be in a crisis... a love crisis that is.

Well, neither of those characters are suited all that well (Well, Sally is suited okay, most of the time, but she wound NOT fit in game canon), so someone new would be kinda required for this kind of stuff.

• Thumbs Up 2

A very daring girl...that's for sure. I wonder if SEGA will actually attempt to make Sonic have a love life, I can't wait for the reaction then!

Edited by KrazyBean14

Oh.. why only she? Why not he? Like... Tails *shoot*

• Thumbs Up 1

To be fair, Sally isn't a bad match for SatAM's version of Sonic. I always found that they played off of each other well because SatAM Sal was a bit of an action girl in addition to a tactician and didn't really care about her royal title so much as her role as Freedom Fighter. Sure, she tried to keep Sonic in line, but, come Doomsday Project, it seemed like she was willing to go wherever with Sonic. I also like how his rashness was balanced by her patience and logic.

But that's just it. SatAM Sonic is a different character than game Sonic. SatAM Sonic loves adventure, but he's also more open to things like romance. Heck, he's cool with hugs and other forms of physical contact whereas game Sonic keeps a bit of a distance.

For game Sonic, I'd say someone snarky and free spirited. Maybe something that mixes in a bit of rivalry. I like the idea of witty banter over fluffy rabu rabu ♥ for him. I also don't see him as the sort to have a standard sort of romance if he did hook up with somebody. I'd say something a bit more subtle where there's a definite attraction, but stuff like kissing doesn't happen all that much.

Also, the reason why it's more likely that he'd be paired with a female, if anyone, is because... let's face it, homosexuality is controversial. There's no way they could get away with it in a series that targets so many children until the US becomes more accepting.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm fine with actual romance being kept to fan interpretation, but it's fun to speculate about this sort of thing. tongue.png Although, Inferno's idea of a "one-time deal" sounds interesting, if a bit sitcom-y.

"Tails?"

"Yeah?"

"Next time I'm goin' crazy over some girl, slap me ok?"

"You got it"

*fade out*

I could not help but read this in their voices and imagine a cutscene like this in my head. For some reason I imagine it taking place in middle of an Eggman base, with Eggman's latest giant mech completely trashed nearby...

Edited by ElementofChaos7
  • Thumbs Up 1

Why do you have the tags "10 inch" and "penis?"

For fun and lols..........

But that's off topic.

Edited by Chaos Warp

This is a very VERY good question indeed.

Hmmm. I picture this female having to be very adventurous and like others said, except that Sonic is sooooo not to type to stay in one place for too long, and off course, be prepared for the extreme. (They also have to deal with his cocky puns and Chili Dog Breath, lol).

Most likely gonna have to be a new character, cause Sega is pretty much set on Amy's eternal "Cat & Mouse" routine with Sonic, and Blaze, well I kinda doubt.

Hmm I wonder if they'd ever reintroduce that Tiara Boobowski character from the canceled Sonic Xtreme game.

I agree that it would have to be built up naturally. And again, subtle would be nice. The Sonic series doesn't have to have in-your-face romance. In fact, I personally prefer it when canon pairs aren't too in-your-face or at least have some sense of conflict or dynamic that makes up for it.

• Thumbs Up 2