Awoo.

If Sonic did have a love interest, what would she have to be like?

Chaos Warp

Ok, its a double post, but I wanted to post this:

http://ship-manifest...com/231946.html

Poisonally I think its BS speculation, but who am I to decide.

This sums up a good amount of how I feel about SonAmy, and made me realize I should start changing to Japanese dubs...

I think the real reason I like Amy so much, is cuz she's been a part of the games for so long. I can't help but stick to what I feel was originally intended (not that I'm saying it is! Just how I feel about the Sonamy pair) And similarly, because of how long Sally has been a part of the comics, before Amy, and there are real evidence of them having a relationship, I can only really see Archie Sonic with Sally.

But yes, I agree that Amy might need a bit more development in her character, but I feel like her personality seems to fit well with Sonic. They're not the same, but not complete opposites.

And, I don't know how different Unleashed Wii was to xbox360, but after you met up with amy, you could talk to her when you went to the professor's place, and she'd mention that no matter what happened to him, she'd be there for him, and support him as much as she could (staying with the professor to figure things out- I felt like she was a bit mellowed down in unleashed xD)

• 1 month later...

It would have to be someone kind of like Sally used to be. Someone who can kick ass with him, someone who will get annoyed at his annoyingness (that's a word) and stubbornness. Someone who isn't weak and won't be the damsel ( did I spell that right?) in distress. But most importantly, someone who isn't all googly eyed at him all the time. She shouldn't be distracted by him, fantasise about him, or chase him all the time. That's annoying to me. Oh, and she should not be so worried about him getting hurt all the time. He can take care of himself! His girlfriends don't trust him to defeat Eggy and not kill himself. Seriously? He's done it for how many years now?

So that's about it I guess.

Personally, I think Sonic should stay single. A character like Sonic having a love interest has always felt incredibly awkward to me (See SatAM and Archie for prime examples of that), but I suppose- to stay on topic- if he did have a love interest...

I actually think Amy wouldn't be a bad match, except for the whole age difference thing. While a three year gap means nothing to adults (Say, a 25-year old dating a 22-year old), that gap is a lot starker in adolescence (Sonic's 15 to Amy's 12), and the idea of pairing up a teenager and someone who's still considered a child is rather... bothersome to me.

So, like, maybe when both of them are older and- ergo- their relationship would seem less creepy, I wouldn't mind it too much.

I like Amy as a character because she's both humorous and flawed, rather than portrayed as some unrealistically ideal love interest. She can be petty, immature, and even a little suspicious... and those are exactly the qualities that makes her kind of interesting as a character.

So... I still think Sonic's better off single, but if he had to end up with someone, Amy strikes me as the best choice.

• Thumbs Up 1

I guess your right. We all think of unrealistic love interests. I mean even look at Sonic, he's flawed. He's not the smartest, and doesn't always have his guard up. He does things without thinking, which sometimes leaves everyone in a mess.

I guess he is really better off without love, but then where would the drama come from? We all love drama. :P

Realistically, I have to agree that someone close to Amy is the best choice. We all know you can't stop a girl from fantasising about her crush. Not everyone is perfect, so you'd expect her to chase him.

Edited by BlueBlurMe