Awoo.

If Sonic did have a love interest, what would she have to be like?

Chaos Warp

...I love people who put words in my mouth, makes me feel so special.

I'm going to say one last thing, I'm not trying to prove anything, I just going by what's been shown and nothing else, it just really felt like you were going out of your way to basically say "No, its not canon and never can be canon and all who think so are wrong".

I said sounds like. As in, that's how I'm interpreting what you said. Never put words in your mouth. By that logic you're putting words in Azukara's mouth.

Edit: Note the 'haha' indicating I'm not being FULLY SERIOUS BRO

Edited by Dreamcast

Well, it's hard for me to wrap my head around it considering I don't find many things that appealing behind the character of Amy, so yeah, sorry if I came off that way, but it's honestly how I kinda feel about it.

And it has nothing to do with me preferring another possible pairing over it; it really has to do with that I just don't feel that the characters mend well.

And while you may not intend it, it really does sound like you want them to be together, which is why I've carried the argument on for so long. I would've shrugged and walked it off if it sounded more neutral. =P

Ok, you hate Amy I'm not particularly fond of her myself, that's fine, doesn't mean the two haven't had their moments that I'm going to deny because of said dislike, and I like I said, I wouldn't have said anything if I didn't have solid evidence to back it up.

I said sounds like. As in, that's how I'm interpreting what you said. Never put words in your mouth. By that logic you're putting words in Azukara's mouth.

Edit: Note the 'haha' indicating I'm not being FULLY SERIOUS BRO

How you interpret "They have had ship teasing moments in canon" as "ZOMG HE LOVES HER, OTP FOREVUR" is beyond me.

Edited by Shadic Claus

That would be true if Sonic gave a fuck.

28.png

Those that look like the face of someone giving a shit?

This needs to be on "The amount of fucks I give" page on know your meme.

His girlfriend would have to be the most laid back "I don't give a crap" kind of woman ever. Thats the only way it could work.

Ok, you hate Amy I'm not particularly fond of her myself, that's fine, doesn't mean the two haven't had their moments that I'm going to deny because of said dislike, and I like I said, I wouldn't have said anything if I didn't have solid evidence to back it up.

How you interpret "They have had ship teasing moments in canon" as "ZOMG HE LOVES HER, OTP FOREVUR" is beyond me.

The fuck? Did you even read the words highlighted in red as a comparison? I said 'sounds like', you said 'feels like.' It's the same thing! A statement indicating your interpretation of another individual's statement! Not implying they have a certain view or 'putting words in their mouth.' Anyway I apologize for being rude and sarcastic, I'm quite stubborn sometimes :P

I think about Amy and Sonic too.

I think about you too as well.

Late at night.

Edited by Voy-Boy

What I think is basically what most people have already come to say, Sonic isn't really looking for a relationship, but if he were, it'd be for a woman who acts like he does. Someone who has a spirit of adventure, goes places, and is able to fight for herself. I'm sure living a life with a blue hedgehog who constantly gets chased down by a fat scientist can't be easy.

Also, she can't be human. Even if Elise did have the ability to bring back the dead.

Then again, Amy was only 8 years old back then. So if Sonic had "gave a fuck" back in the days when that picture stems from... well that wouldn't have been good. blink.png

lol, don't use the age excuse dude, especially when we really don't know how old the characters were back then. Heck, Sonic Jam states that Classic Sonic is the same age as his Modern version, but then you read some other manual or whatever that gives him a different age. Too many age mix ups and stuff.

Also, ever bother to ask yourself that it's simply the art style that changed, not age? You gotta look at this from all angles.

lol, don't use the age excuse dude, especially when we really don't know how old the characters were back then. Heck, Sonic Jam states that Classic Sonic is the same age as his Modern version, but then you read some other manual or whatever that gives him a different age. Too many age mix ups and stuff.

Also, ever bother to ask yourself that it's simply the art style that changed, not age? You gotta look at this from all angles.

They've pretty much *almost* made it canon that the classic designs were how Sonic (and Tails, and thus apparently Amy and Knuckles) looked when younger; although Eggman still makes no sense.. But that is for another topic altogether. tongue.png

Edited by Azukara

"You look younger every day!"

C Sonic has been retconned to be younger. :P It shows in his personality as well.

But back on topic, I think if Amy was still eight, she'd be even less ideal as a romantic partner because kid crushes =/= serious love.

lol, don't use the age excuse dude, especially when we really don't know how old the characters were back then.

Actually, before Sonic Adventure's re-tool, Sonic was always said to be 16 and Amy was always said to be 8 (not counting other continuities such as Archie).

• Thumbs Up 1

I just ignore character ages. None of them have ever felt quite right for me, and I'm not sure it even makes sense to apply them to Sonic characters. This is reflected in the fact that they never come up in the games.

I can't believe whatever age blurted out for Classic characters unless it's from an official source, unless someone has a 100% reliable link to whatever source, (And I don't mean some wiki either).

But meh, FFWF kinda makes a point, characters never talk about their age in the actual games anyway. You'd think they said something to Sonic at his birthday party in Generations, but nope.

Just one of those things to not dwell on too hard I suppose.

That would be true if Sonic gave a fuck.

28.png

Does that look like the face of someone giving a shit?

Love interest doesn't necessarily mean that they're bf/gf, just that they're a likely pair for shipping purposes that may end up together depending on what happens. In other words, Sonic may not care during the course of the series, but Amy's a love interest in the sense that Sonic will most likely end up falling in love or revealing his true feelings for Amy at the end of the series or something. And Sonic does give a fuck, to the point where he wants to keep her safe. If he really didn't give a fuck, he wouldn't be saving her.

Love interest doesn't necessarily mean that they're bf/gf, just that they're a likely pair for shipping purposes that may end up together depending on what happens. In other words, Sonic may not care during the course of the series, but Amy's a love interest in the sense that Sonic will most likely end up falling in love or revealing his true feelings for Amy at the end of the series or something. And Sonic does give a fuck, to the point where he wants to keep her safe. If he really didn't give a fuck, he wouldn't be saving her.

There's a pretty fine line between being someone's friend and someone's lover.

• Thumbs Up 3

There's a pretty fine line between being someone's friend and someone's lover.

What he said. Sonic saving Amy doesn't mean he's interested, its just what he does.

But back on topic, I think if Amy was still eight, she'd be even less ideal as a romantic partner because kid crushes =/= serious love.

Yeah, Amy is no kid. She's a full 12 years old. Two digits, man. Surely she is capable of having deep, meaningful relationships that will last her forever. Because if there is one thing that preteens are known for, its their ability to sustain relationships and know what truly constitutes love.

Um... you guys might want to get a mop. My sarcasm spilled all over the floor.

Edited by Legendary Pine Tree
  • Thumbs Up 1

Sonic is too nice to even say anything like "Scram Amy" or "I'm not interested". One thing Sonic doesn't do is make folks cry or sadden.

• Thumbs Up 1