Awoo.

If Sonic did have a love interest, what would she have to be like?

Chaos Warp

So when did this topic turn into "Let's see hate on Sonic and Amy because its fun" topic?

In my defense, I was airing my disapproval of very under-aged 'romance' in general. But the bottom line is, if there exists a topic where Amy can be brought up, the wells of hatred in some fan's hearts will always overflow.

So when did this topic turn into "Let's see hate on Sonic and Amy because its fun" topic?

Oh this was bound to happen. for one this topic is about Sonic's love interest, pretty much your inviting the Amy lovers and haters, as well as the Sally ones and who knows what else.

It's kinda unavoidable.

There's a pretty fine line between being someone's friend and someone's lover.

I know. I'm saying that throughout the series, Sonic considers Amy to nothing more than a friend, but they're pretty much meant to be together, so they probably will end up together in the end.

... Never? Just because someone's expressing their disinterest with the Sonic/Amy pairing for one reason or another, doesn't mean that the thread has turned into a SonAmy bashfest.

At any rate, as far as I'm concerned, Sonic already has two love interests: a foxy lady named Freedom, and her kinky German BFF who goes by the nickname of Chilidogs. That's my headcanon, and I'mma stickin' with it, goshdarnit!

Edited by Komodin
  • Thumbs Up 5

I know. I'm saying that throughout the series, Sonic considers Amy to nothing more than a friend, but they're pretty much meant to be together, so they probably will end up together in the end.

What? No seriously, I can get if you say that there's (very) minor shipteasing involved, but just where did this come from?

What? No seriously, I can get if you say that there's (very) minor shipteasing involved, but just where did this come from?

What I mean is that during the series, it is little more than minor shipteasing, but after the series is over, do you really think it's going to happen differently? Amy's basically female Sonic, she's designed to be his love interest, even if he doesn't accept it yet. As far as the series is concerned, they're nothing more than friends, but it's like it's inevitable that they somehow end up together in the end.

What I mean is that during the series, it is little more than minor shipteasing, but after the series is over, do you really think it's going to happen differently?
It very well might! There's nothing in the series that obligates Sonic and Amy to get together, either within or beyond the life of the series.

Amy's basically female Sonic
what
  • Thumbs Up 1

... Never? Just because someone's expressing their disinterest with the Sonic/Amy pairing for one reason or another, doesn't mean that the thread has turned into a SonAmy bashfest.

I doubt that there ever will be an "in the end," or indeed a "the end," although I suppose it's not impossible. Mascot-based video game franchises aren't really designed with such a thing in mind. Personally, I think the issue here is less to do with whether Sonic should have a love interest or what they'd be like, but how their relationship was presented. If there was any degree of crying and being drippy involved on Sonic's part, I think people would correctly recognise that as not being in the spirit of the character. Any romantic activity on Sonic's part should be understated, and resolutely cool. "Ships passing in the night" would be one way of presenting it, although I suspect that's how Sonic relates to most other characters anyway. But in any case, romantic tension is usually more interesting, from a narrative standpoint, than resolution, so an actual "love interest" defined as such by the plot with a sunset kiss to close the game would not, I think, be particularly suitable, since it would have implications for the status quo in future games.

As to who Sonic's love interest should be - just stick with Amy, and for one reason: The moment you introduce anyone else as a potential rival, canon starts to become just a little bit more about soap opera romantic entanglements and shipping wars. That was ghastly enough in '06, and would probably be ghastly at any other time, too.

That was ghastly enough in '06, and would probably be ghastly at any other time, too.

Edited by Voy-Boy

Okay you guys, let me try to reexplain what I really mean, because I'm having trouble with it. Let me make an analogy with Mickey and Minnie Mouse. Ignore what you know about their relationship with each other, I don't even know. They're basically designed to be counterparts to each other, and at the end of the day, they're ultimately going to end up together. It's the same way with Sonic and Amy. Even though Sonic has no romantic interest in Amy at this point, she's basically designed to be Sonic's love interest. That's what I've been trying to say.

Amy acting like a fangirl has nothing to do with what I'm saying, though.

Edited by Voy-Boy

I actually don't read fanfiction that much, it's just that there's always an established major love interest in the series, and Amy happens to be the one in this series. Do you understand what I'm saying? She's the general love interest for the series, but not necessarily canon.

I actually don't read fanfiction that much, it's just that there's always an established major love interest in the series, and Amy happens to be the one in this series. Do you understand what I'm saying? She's the general love interest for the series, but not necessarily canon.

BUT ITS ONE SID-.....

1303817765857.jpg

Oh for the love of all that is fuck...

I'm done.

Edited by Voy-Boy
  • Thumbs Up 4

• Thumbs Up 6

Enough of the Son-Amy banter! It's time to get onto the REAL story:

35jbkg7.jpg

His hatred for that hedgehog only makes their love stronger.

• Thumbs Up 2

Enough of the Son-Amy banter! It's time to get onto the REAL story:

35jbkg7.jpg

His hatred for that hedgehog only makes their love stronger.

Edited by Tornado