Awoo.

If Sonic did have a love interest, what would she have to be like?

Chaos Warp

My memory is shaky, but didn't that happen (more or less) twice?

Edited by Voy-Boy

Am I the only one who thinks that Sonic and Amy could end up together, but like, in a future that we'll never actually see?

For example, the final game in the series could come out 20 years from now, with things the same as they've always been, no development between them whatsoever, but the game could just leave the future "open" for anything to happen (or not happen) like always.

*see's an angry mob coming*

-I'm out *runs*

Edited by Inferno
  • Thumbs Up 1

Enough of the Son-Amy banter! It's time to get onto the REAL story:

15gyur7.jpg

35jbkg7.jpg

His hatred for that hedgehog only makes their love stronger.

lol, those were good times...good times indeed. I don't think I've ever seen the episode with the Blond wig through, what episode was that called?

Huh, the history Sonic and Eggman shared......why not they be the perfect couple?laugh.png nya nyayayayayayay!

If it was still the Sonic Adventure era, I would give it to Amy, but at this point; Sonic and Rouge has more chemistry than Sonic and Amy.

Normally I'd be all for archenemies being shipped together, buuut in this case? Nah. XD

A fanfic could be absolutely hilarious...depends on how it was handled.

What are you talking about?

I have an elaborate and well-maintained shipping wall and I claw the eyes of anyone who questions The Wall. I have told you this before, I am most certainly not better than this.

What are you talking about?

I have an elaborate and well-maintained shipping wall and I claw the eyes of anyone who questions The Wall. I have told you this before, I am most certainly not better than this.

Then why are we arguing whether Amy is Sonic's love interest or not, its obvious its not true so why are we dragging it on?

That would probably be the question to ask to the person who keeps saying it is.

We could just ignore them.

"We" could ignore a lot of things.

And yet "we" feel the need to comment on the situation anyway.

edit: by we I mean you

Edited by Diogenes
  • Thumbs Up 2

Fair enough. Ok back to business. Amy is not a Love interest because Sonic has no romantic interest in her, ship tease be damned, if anything Sonic is her love interest considering its a one sided affection that will probably never go anywhere beyond the stupid running gag the two are stuck in.

• Thumbs Up 2

Yay, Shipping wars, I thought we were better than this people.

We were, until we got a shipping topic. :P

I'm just gonna sit over here and keep on nudging how there's lot of potential between Sonic and Blaze that can be done (and some that Sega has already poked a little at), and how they actually mesh pretty well considering their personality traits and interactions with each other.. and and then I go on my merry way from there.

I think about it like this...we are talking about the personalty type that is well suited toward Sonic...some shipping is expected, but I agree that its reached...tumor inducing levels.

On topic though I'm sure most of us agree that Amy's personality isn't really suited atm for Sonic's demeanor and behavior as of now.

And if this is UNTRUE..I will GLADLY change my mind and select a more neutral standpoint...

Instead of shouting flawed logic, I would love a detailed report of why they have any chemistry at all...and then we can go from there.

Seriously... convince me someone.

Edited by Voy-Boy

I would have prefered it Amy had remained 8 years old, because if that had been the case then obviously her crush on Sonic would have unquestionably remained one-sided. This "will they or wont they?"-scenario they kinda got going now (admitadly mostly in the minds of fans, but to a small degree in the actuall games) annoys me for some reason.

• Thumbs Up 1

I would have prefered it Amy had remained 8 years old, because if that had been the case then obviously her crush on Sonic would have unquestionably remained one-sided. This "will they or wont they?"-scenario they kinda got going now (admitadly mostly in the minds of fans, but to a small degree in the actuall games) annoys me for some reason.

You sure you just don't hate Amy and don't want to give her the satisfaction of actually having her feelings reciprocated?

Then again, being in a canon relationship is the fastest way for a chick to get killed off in a video game.8D

Typically when you have this character that feverishly chases something for a long period of time, the natural desire is to see them finally obtain it for the sake of conclusion, even if it mucks up the formula. And yet I think Amy’s “chase” contributes to the root problem with her both as a character and a romantic interest.

There’s no real indication that she has a life outside of drooling over Sonic, at least not one worth mentioning.
Yet we know he’s not the perfect marriage committal guy she wants him to be. The only things theoretically keeping them both together and apart are the facts that Sonic doesn’t communicate and Amy doesn’t give him space - minor misunderstandings. How is this compelling?

“In her nature to chase her teenage crush for all eternity” Really Naka? REALLY? There is fairy tale logic, and then there is just.... tragic and creepy.

Yeah, yeah. Again, we need better writers.

• Thumbs Up 2

Then again, being in a canon relationship is the fastest way for a chick to get killed off in a video game.8D

Typically when you have this character that feverishly chases something for a long period of time, the natural desire is to see them finally obtain it for the sake of conclusion, even if it mucks up the formula. And yet I think Amy’s “chase” contributes to the root problem with her both as a character and a romantic interest.

There’s no real indication that she has a life outside of drooling over Sonic, at least not one worth mentioning.
Yet we know he’s not the perfect marriage committal guy she wants him to be. The only things theoretically keeping them both together and apart are the facts that Sonic doesn’t communicate and Amy doesn’t give him space - minor misunderstandings. How is this compelling?

“In her nature to chase her teenage crush for all eternity” Really Naka? REALLY? There is fairy tale logic, and then there is just.... tragic and creepy.

Yeah, yeah. Again, we need better writers.

It just comes down to a gag that's worn out its welcome, its not funny anymore and its just boring as hell to watch, and I find it incredibly sad that Sega can't think of anything else to do with her aside from that one gag when she had plenty to go on back in the Adventure days. *sigh* Sega why do you treat your characters like shit?

You sure you just don't hate Amy and don't want to give her the satisfaction of actually having her feelings reciprocated?

Yes.