Awoo.

Does anyone else think with the addition of another hedgehog Sonic is no longer special?

wadadouchbag

By this i mean Sonic then shadow and now silver?

does anyone else think the whole hedgehog thing is being used way to much?

Shadow was introduced as a dark counterpart to Sonic, mirroring his appearance and abilities with a similar but still very different attitude and now serves as, more or less, a rival/ally to Sonic, while fitting the Counterpart mold.

Silver was made because Sega thought "Hey, it worked with Shadow, let's try another".

• Thumbs Up 4

I wouldn't if they never made another new hedgehog again. What have we been through now like 8?

I wouldn't if they never made another new hedgehog again. What have we been through now like 8?

There's only been three, 4 if you count Metal as one.

Shadow's a clusterfuck of superpowers made as a genetic experiment, and Silver is nothing at all like Sonic.

Sonic is still unique. The fact that there are other hedgehogs means nothing when they're so different.

I understand they are nothing alike but just the fact that silver had to be a hedgehog was a bumber...

Ik theres way more hedgehogs like in the old series but they called him the blue hedgehog because he was unique. Now we got a red and black and silver one so in fact if sonic wasn't the main character there would be nothing special about him, besides speed but if u think about shadow is all that and more.

Not to mention silver had to have a super form to.

Edited by wadadouchbag

Amy?

Yeah, why wouldn't I count her?

I understand they are nothing alike but just the fact that silver had to be a hedgehog was a bumber...

Ik theres way more hedgehogs like in the old series but they called him the blue hedgehog because he was unique. Now we got a red and black and silver one so in fact if sonic wasn't the main character there would be nothing special about him, besides speed but if u think about shadow is everything that and more.

If Sonic wasn't the main character, he'd have no reason to be special, period. Shadow is his Rival, and Silver is....Silver.

Ik theres way more hedgehogs like in the old series but they called him the blue hedgehog because he was unique. Now we got a red and black and silver one so in fact if sonic wasn't the main character there would be nothing special about him, besides speed but if u think about shadow is all that and more.

Shadow's specifically meant to be a counterpart to Sonic while Silver, as said before, is nothing alike.

It's like saying it sucks that Blaze and Big are both cats. It really doesn't make a difference.

...What?

Most people hate Shadow and Silver iirc.

Most people admire Shadow over Sonic, i kid you not but its true

Most people hate Shadow and Silver iirc.

Shadow's a mixed bag within the fanbase, while generally hated outside the fanbase. As far as Silver goes, I think people pretend he just doesn't exist.

• Thumbs Up 2

Shadow's a mixed bag within the fanbase, while generally hated outside the fanbase. As far as Silver goes, I think people pretend he just doesn't exist.

I see Shadow being just as divisive as he is in the fanbase outside of it, and Silver just tends to be ignored.

I don't hate Silver, I think he's improved since his shitty debut in a shitty game (Sorry Haruhi), I've always liked Shadow.

Sonic, however, can't be defeated in terms of significance, he's the main protagonist, and is the reason most people even play these games.

• Thumbs Up 1

Not true Shadow for some reason is way more respected outside the fan base as we'll.

I'm thinking because of the badass look to him.

As for silver, generally he would have most likely been the most liked because of the look he has,(something new) but i believe because of his amazingly low speed and telekinesis powers he is drifted aside with all the other groupies.

And i still believe Sonic should have been the only hedgehog! and Shadow if they left him in sa2b only.

Not true Shadow for some reason is way more respected outside the fan base as we'll.

I'm thinking because of the badass look to him.

Someone doesn't read a lot of online articles.

And i still believe Sonic should have been the only hedgehog! and Shadow if they left him in sa2b only.

Does it really matter?

• Thumbs Up 1

I see Shadow being just as divisive as he is in the fanbase outside of it, and Silver just tends to be ignored.

Eh... the internet consensus seems to be a strong dislike for Shadow, especially among critics and people who aren't fans but played the Genesis games.

It seems likely however it's the people who didn't play the Genesis games to have a liking to Shadow.

Silver is almost consistently hated beyond the handful of fans he has in the fanbase.

Someone doesn't read a lot of online articles.

Does it really matter?

I mean outside the fan base to mostly everyone on the articals are fans of the Sonic games.

If you ask someone not really experienced with Sonic games nowadays and ask them "who do you like more sonic or shadow"?

I bet shadow would be the answer, not guaranteed so dont kill me.

Eh... the internet consensus seems to be a strong dislike for Shadow, especially among critics and people who aren't fans but played the Genesis games.

It seems likely however it's the people who didn't play the Genesis games to have a liking to Shadow.

If sonic and shadow were made at the same time then shadow would be more respected.. its because sonic is an original character and most people on the fan bases or maturer. I like sonic myself its just i feel people don't see him "ayeeee sonic" its more like "pick shadow hes better" Gameplay wise.

Silver is almost consistently hated beyond the handful of fans he has in the fanbase.

Only by the people who've played his debut game, other than that, he's ignored.

Only by the people who've played his debut game, other than that, he's ignored.

Even people who haven't played 06. That game and all things it brought to the franchise will (most likely forever or until we're all dead and the disks & roms are broken & deleted) be remembered as the rock bottom and a stain on the franchise. The PSP games were thoroughly ignored, so people may not realize he's staying (sadly).

Edited by E-25