Awoo.

Does anyone else think with the addition of another hedgehog Sonic is no longer special?

wadadouchbag

Metals are a different thing entirely. they are not made in the image of a hedgehog but in the image of sonic who happens to be one.

saying that they are included in the animal kingdom is just nonsense.

As for hedgehogs there are about 9, In the games 4. which would explain why sonic is unique anymore for being that blue hedgehog.

Shadow is an android, therefore he doesn't count as a real hedgehog.

As for shadow his name states otherwise.. And if the game says hes a hedgehog then theres nothing else you can say.

Real or not he is considered a hedgehog.

Edited by wadadouchbag

My problem is that once a new hedgehog is introduced, by the end of their debut game they've learned chaos control and we learn they have a super form to boot. Why do they need to know chaos control when they are clearly never going to use it again and it should never be a power to anyone other than shadow and then I suppose sonic.

My problem is that once a new hedgehog is introduced, by the end of their debut game they've learned chaos control and we learn they have a super form to boot. Why do they need to know chaos control when they are clearly never going to use it again and it should never be a power to anyone other than shadow and then I suppose sonic.

That's similar to the problem i also have with new hedgehogs.

why did shadow or silver need a super form?

To me, that's a insult to sonic seeing how that was his power first. Clearly Sega does not understand that by doing this, it is damaging sonic's reputation as a character.

Super Sonic and Hyper Knuckles was all that was needed, transformation wise.

Super Sonic and Hyper Knuckles was all that was needed, transformation wise.

Why was Hyper Knuckles needed over Super Knuckles? In fact, why was Super Knuckles needed at all?

Why was Hyper Knuckles needed over Super Knuckles? In fact, why was Super Knuckles needed at all?

Hyper Knuckles and Super Knuckles are the same thing.

now that i think about it, hyper knuckles wasn't needed at all. It was just nice to see Knuckles could use the master emerald's power..

I think in the comic its master emerald, in the game chaos emeralds.

Anyway not needed and not infuriating seeing how sonic and knuckles are almost nothing alike.. meanwhile sonic and shadow share almost every signal ability.

Hyper Knuckles and Super Knuckles are the same thing.

now that i think about it, hyper knuckles wasn't needed at all. It was just nice to see Knuckles could use the master emerald's power..

I think in the comic its master emerald, in the game chaos emeralds.

Anyway not needed and not infuriating seeing how sonic and knuckles are almost nothing alike.. meanwhile sonic and shadow share almost every signal ability.

Nope. Hyper Knux and Super Knux are actually different. I think Hyper was faster and stuff, I don't remember. Super Tails, too. Too bad they only appeared in S3K.

As for Shadzy, I would've preferred something different about his super form, rather than being just a recolor. Super Sonic has upturned spines and red eyes, Super Tails has little birds around him, Super Knuckles is pink, for God's sakes! They've all got a unique aspect to their super form. As for the most unique, Burning Blaze, I'd have to say. The form comes with a unique look, title, and ties in directly with her fire powers. All they did for Super Shadow was drop him in a bucket of golden paint.

Shadow's game only made people hate Shadow, and that's it.

You underestimate just how much of a joke that game was from its announcement to its release. From the very beginning people were treating it like what it basically was: The shining example that showed exactly when Sonic Team stopped having any idea what the fuck they were doing any more. Regardless of if the game was anywhere near as bad as STH '06, it still marked the point where everyone stopped taking Sonic Team seriously as a developer. STH '06 just buried the hachet a bit deeper.

ShtH was a gunshot to the chest. STH '06 was a gunshot to the head. In terms of absolutes, yes STH '06 did more damage; but in practical terms the franchise will never shake off the wounds of either game.

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 1

Shadow is an android, therefore he doesn't count as a real hedgehog.

The fuck?

No he isn't, dude. Shadow is a Transgenic Alien Hybrid Hedgehog (MY GOD do I want to scrub my tongue after saying that). ShTH shouted that in your face in a few of their paths, and the ones with him as an android are obviously non-canon. Even more so when if you listen 10 minutes after fighting Devil Doom, Eggman flat out tells you that Shadow is the same Shadow from SA2 who survived.

Seriously, how does someone still think he's an android 7 years after the game when every source since then has said he's the real thing? You can't be that far behind, even if you never so much as touched ShTH, in the age where we have dozens of Wikis on the net that tell you just that.

You underestimate just how much of a joke that game was from its announcement to its release. From the very beginning people were treating it like what it basically was: The shining example that showed exactly when Sonic Team stopped having any idea what the fuck they were doing any more. Regardless of if the game was anywhere near as bad as STH '06, it still marked the point where everyone stopped taking Sonic Team seriously as a developer. STH '06 just buried the hachet a bit deeper.

It was actually a bit more split than that.

From the very beginning, there were those who treated it as the moment when Sonic Team had no clue what the fuck they were doing, and there were also those teenage fans who were treating this like a future marvel for the series to be more grown up; kinda like how they did Conker's Bad Fur Day.

I should know, I was in the latter camp at the age of 15 treating it like it was gonna be the best thing ever...I even remember saying that for that very game as one of my very first posts on the SSMB pre-wipe. Hindsight can be a wonderful thing indeed.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic
  • Thumbs Up 7

ShtH was a gunshot to the chest. STH '06 was a gunshot to the head. In terms of absolutes, yes STH '06 did more damage; but in practical terms the franchise will never shake off the wounds of either game.

not really......if a game like STH 06 happened in most other gaming franchises, they would have been finished. Sonic is climbing out of those dark times and is re branding himself.

not really......if a game like STH 06 happened in most other gaming franchises, they would have been finished. Sonic is climbing out of those dark times and is re branding himself.

How the heck is that even an argument?

The fact remains that STH 06 was unfinished in the first place when it was released severely devastated the series. And even if it was finished, there's still no telling how it would've turned out considering the level design and game mechanics that were so schizophrenic, it makes Sonic Advance 3 play like Sonic 2 on the Genesis.

I dont think this makes anyone less important/unique.

I mean dont you think its a bit.... Racist? Character is character and species wont change it. When I see posts like "I would like Silver more if he was a Mink" I say to myself "The Fuck?!" I mean what would it change? It'll be the same character.

• Thumbs Up 1

How the heck is that even an argument?

The fact remains that STH 06 was unfinished in the first place when it was released severely devastated the series. And even if it was finished, there's still no telling how it would've turned out considering the level design and game mechanics that were so schizophrenic, it makes Sonic Advance 3 play like Sonic 2 on the Genesis.

I think you misinterpreted his statement. When he said "Finished", he meant the franchise would've been destroyed by such a low quality game.

I dont think this makes anyone less important/unique.

I mean dont you think its a bit.... Racist? Character is character and species wont change it. When I see posts like "I would like Silver more if he was a Mink" I say to myself "The Fuck?!" I mean what would it change? It'll be the same character.

Racist... is a misleading term. It's more of breaching the Status Quo. The Sonic series is well-known for it's diverse characters, with Sonic as a blue hedgehog who runs at super speed with the ability to go Super. Shadow is a Dark Sonic in plainest terms, but Silver is so different from both Sonic and Shadow that his existence would probably have more staying ground if he wasn't a hedgehog. Personally, I don't care if he's a hedgehog or not, it doesn't change the fact his existence as a whole has been pointless thus far.

Edited by Marco
  • Thumbs Up 2

Somebody forgot about Amy. AMY'S A HEDGEHOG, NOT A FLOWER!

I mean seriously, you said "Sonic, Shadow and Silver", you like, totally forgot Amy there.

Edited by Strange-Hedgehog

Somebody forgot about Amy. AMY'S A HEDGEHOG, NOT A FLOWER!

I mean seriously, you said "Sonic, Shadow and Silver", you like, totally forgot Amy there.

She's actually a rascal.

• Thumbs Up 2

Considering that Amy is a rabid fangirl that trains so hard to catch a blue supersonic hedgehog while he runs away from her, I never really see Amy as a breach of the status quo.

Why does it matter how many of one species there are? Personally having only one of a single species is pretty silly imo. That said, they could stand to be more unique. Let's get some sharks up in here or something.

I don't believe that the other hedgehogs make Sonic suddenly not special, but I find it rather irksome that the current writers of the games seem to love making a point that hedgehogs are the ultimate superior species and that none of the other characters of different species can be of help in times of great distress. Last time I checked Knuckles and Tails also had Super forms. Most characters in the series are quite powerful and useful even without them.

Even the use of Super forms is starting to get rather stale. I love them as much as any other person, but I honestly am starting to believe part of the reason why the vast majority of the boss battles in the series have been so shit lately is because of this flagrant use of Chaos Emerald empowered hedgehogs at the end of every single goddamn game. Colors' fight against the Egg Nega Wisp is the greatest final boss to grace the main series since Sonic 3 and Knuckles and it doesn't bother to use Super Sonic at all whatsoever.

It would be less of an issue if the main series' Super form based final boss battles were as enjoyable as say.. the Storybook series' Alf Layla Wa Layla or Dark Queen but they don't even come close. Even the Rush series seems to do a better job with Super Sonic. Maybe it's because they typically showcase Super Sonic doing more things that just zipping around super fast and blasting through things with supersonic headbutts? Something that ordinary modern Sonic does enough already? (lol Boost) I'm not entirely sure.

..And I accidentally started rambling about Super forms. D:

I don't believe that the other hedgehogs make Sonic suddenly not special, but I find it rather irksome that the current writers of the games seem to love making a point that hedgehogs are the ultimate superior species and that none of the other characters of different species can be of help in times of great distress.

Eh, I don't see it, if that was true, Amy would've gotten a super form a long time ago. Shadow was meant to be Dark Sonic, so there's a reason why he got focus, Silver was just trying repeat the same thing. I mean Shadow & Silver are no more useful than anybody not named Sonic & Tails at this point, and them being boss fights doesn't change that.

The shitiness of the final bosses I think has less to do with relying on Super form, and more of them just being shit. Nega Wisp Armor is incredibly simple and easy to beat and doesn't even use full extent of the powers it has, really the only saving grace is the music.

I see nothing wrong with Shadow or Silver...besides after SG it's likely they'll rarely appear outside spinoff games, they were both included to make the plot more interesting. Shadow being a research experiment seeking revenge for the death of her friend, and overcoming this hatred at a time of crisis. Silver fighting for the people of the future so they could live without fear again, and losing his best friend in the process...what good is a series that stays static plot-wise with the same characters and same plot over and over? Sonic isn't like Mario in the sense that all stories are the same, all main game stories are about this stupid bitch getting kidnapped by a turtle...I think she got laid the first time and liked it so she seeked the chance to get "kidnapped" by him whenever she could... and thus a new Mario game was born. But I've gone off topic...the point being, don't try to hinder SEGA's creativity with all this bitching...contrary to what many people state the Sonic cast is unique, each character with their own personalities and backstory. The whole Sonic, Tails and Eggman being the only characters needed is bullshit imo, you could see the results of that in Colors, it was sickening unlike anything I've seen - or heard.

Edited by SilverTheHedgehog
  • Thumbs Up 1

Sonic will always be the fastest so he's still special as you say. He has also fucked over Shadow and Silver on more than one occasion, they have nothing on the blue blur.

Sonic will always be the fastest so he's still special as you say. He has also fucked over Shadow and Silver on more than one occasion, they have nothing on the blue blur.

Isn't Shadow as fast as Sonic?