Awoo.

Does anyone else think with the addition of another hedgehog Sonic is no longer special?

wadadouchbag

..You have an excuse for poor grammar? Wow.

yea I do, I'm on my iPod so it makes it harder to see my typing format. You have an excuse for making it ur problem? or where u afended by the mockery of sonic characters? And this is the third time u insalting me, please stop trolling. Edited by wadadouchbag

Hedgehogs, in the Sonic universe, aren't somehow diluted by Shadow and Silver's existence; they're made to seem awesome and noteworthy. Note that this doesn't include Amy, who's been around for so long that nobody pays her hedgehogness much heed, especially since she doesn't even look like one any more.

That, and shes a girl. Honestly, call me a paranoid politically correct whatever, but i cant imagine that the series would ever feature a male hedgehog and let him be as void of superpowers as Amy is.

That, and shes a girl. Honestly, call me a paranoid politically correct whatever, but i cant imagine that the series would ever feature a male hedgehog and let him be as void of superpowers as Amy is.

What would be the point of a character like that? And at least Amy has her hammer, yeah its not really as "cool" as the Hedgehog trio's abilities but its not like she has no power whatsoever.

It's not like Amy can only swing a hammer around. She can really fuck your shit up with that thing.

She can do complete 360 degree spins with it, she can leap higher than most of the other characters by slamming it into the ground and using her momentum to launch off the ground, she destroys death machines that take multiple hits from Sonic himself.

Amy is one of those badass normals in my book.

• Thumbs Up 2

It's not like Amy can only swing a hammer around. She can really fuck your shit up with that thing.

She can do complete 360 degree spins with it, she can leap higher than most of the other characters by slamming it into the ground and using her momentum to launch off the ground, she destroys death machines that take multiple hits from Sonic himself.

Amy is one of those badass normals in my book.

Too bad most of her badassery is played up as comic relief.

• Thumbs Up 1

Amy is actually stupidly powerful in the Archie Comics, but that's in Archie.

To be honest she's too inconsistent to pay much attention to her. At first she's slow, now she's fast, now she's slow again, and at one point she could turn invisible.

Amy is actually stupidly powerful in the Archie Comics, but that's in Archie.

To be honest she's too inconsistent to pay much attention to her. At first she's slow, now she's fast, now she's slow again, and at one point she could turn invisible.

I liked her better when she was just a normal girl with a hammer.

What we need is another Hedgehog who... is red! Yeah... and he has a sword, and can teleport.

That couldn't go wrong, right?

I have no problem with Amy and Shadow, Amy never featured much till adventure when she'd kind of carved out her own definition as a character. Plus it was nice to do the whole living evil twin thing with Shadow.

To be honest out of all the hedgehogs, maybe the most redundant is Silver, he may have unique ability but he's just a horribly weak character. The other hedgehogs have some stand-out persona and none of them even really outshine sonic (Shadow is just an alternate choice if you prefer an anti-hero)

What we need is another Hedgehog who... is red! Yeah... and he has a sword, and can teleport.

That couldn't go wrong, right?

I rather see Rob O the Hedge from the Archie Comics to appear in the games before that idea. But I give you a pat on the back for trying.

Making Sonic feel redundant is one of the many reasons for why hedgehog fancharacters are rightly frowned upon. (That is, in addition to their edgy names/grimdark backstories/absurd superpowers, but that's a problem with fancharacters in general.)

• 5 weeks later...

Four Hedgehogs now, five if you count Metal Sonic. I'd say Hedgehogs aren't special anymore.

I wouldn't mind seeing another species in the series, but Hedgehogs, Echidnas, and Cats have already done that. So I'd rather they give us something else first. ( I'd love to see a Male Bat actually )

Making Sonic feel redundant is one of the many reasons for why hedgehog fancharacters are rightly frowned upon. (That is, in addition to their edgy names/grimdark backstories/absurd superpowers, but that's a problem with fancharacters in general.)

I can understand being annoyed by the abundance of the things you crossed out, but...

Just because they decided to use an Animal they wanted to shouldn't give an immediate reason to turn your head.

Hell, maybe that Hedgehog Fan character was a lot more interesting and well thought out/original compared to the Walrus.

But I guess since the Walrus isn't common it's better by default. =|

A fan character being a hedgehog shouldn't instantly and completely sink its credibility, but it makes for an uphill battle. The vast majority of hedgehog fan characters are exactly as lazy and cliche as the stereotype, and it doesn't make for a good first impression when someone chooses, from the entire animal kingdom, a species that is overrepresented both in fan characters and the series itself.

I agree with Bot Sweet, Sonic is cool but I prefer both Shadow and Silver. I cannot take away that Sonic is indeed awesome :) Also I do like the introduction of new hedgehogs but if they go any further than 6 then its going a bit too far but as the series carries on progressing they will always introduce new characters whether people like it or not.

I think we have plenty hedgehogs.

How about a new fox? smile.png

Edited by BlueChaos

Hmm. That's actually a good idea. Maybe to have someone Tails can rival with or something.
Blech. Species has jack shit to do with rivalry.

Blech. Species has jack shit to do with rivalry.

Well, yeah, it doesn't. I wasn't thinking when I made that part of my post.

Edited by BlueChaos