Awoo.

HELLO NURSE!-Animaniacs Thread

Zany Mallet Maniac

Animaniacs is a zany to the max variety show from the 90s. Starring Yakko, Wakko, and Dot, this cartoon knew the meaning of comedy as its humor appealed to both children and adults alike! The number of adult jokes that slipped past the sensors is incredible!

Anyone have any favorite episodes, segments, characters, or good night everybody jokes? Share your thoughts, feelings, and memories here! I can't wait to here them!

• Thumbs Up 1

Hell yes. I watched this show before going to school when I was in elementary school. Brilliant and timeless comedy it was. I really wish I remembered more about it, but I do remember the great side skits and characters including Sally Squirrel, those Italian pigeons, Pinky and the Brain, that protective cat and oblivious girl who gets into danger, and my personal favorite, Good Idea Bad Idea.

Animaniacs was one of the best cartoons of the 90's and one I used to watch a lot as a kid. From its catch theme song to how much it could subtly get away with, it had a very universal appeal due to the jokes being aimed at both kids and adult. Of course some of the more subtle ones flew over the heads of kids, but the humor becomes more appreciative as an adult.

• Thumbs Up 2

LOVE the Animaniacs. Me and my mom would watch it at dinner time when it was just the 2 of us at home and loved it! And let's not forget the show had actual entertaining ways for teaching because of it being in the 90s:

Edited by PSI Freeze
  • Thumbs Up 3

Animaniacs was GOLDEN! One of the best cartoons to date, I've always used to watch this show almost every day. I love the variety of colorful characters this show had. It also had very fluid animation, and superb writing. It was cute and questionable at the same time, the jokes were brilliant, . There's one character that reminded me of tails so much though and I forgot who it was. I think it was the kid with Slappy squirrel.

• Thumbs Up 1

My favourite, "Good Night" joke was:

"Give me the bird!"

"We'd love to, but the FOX censors won't allow it."

• Thumbs Up 6

Hell yeah, I still love this show today! I love the characters, the writing, the animation, and especially the music. Pretty much every single song composed by Richard Stone was catchy as hell. The sort of songs I end up listening to constantly because they refuse to leave my head. In fact:

LOVE the Animaniacs. Me and my mom would watch it at dinner time when it was just the 2 of us at home and loved it! And let's not forget the show had actual entertaining ways for teaching because of it being in the 90s:

I listened to that song so much that I have it completely memorized. cool.png Now if only I could memorize Yakko's World...

Edited by Speederino
  • Thumbs Up 1

Another cartoon that was popular with my generation...that I never watched as a kid.

Well, correction; I did watch the separate Pinky and the Brain segments. For some reason, they gave me nightmares when I was very little. Suffice to say, I like them a lot more as an adult. ^ ^;

Loved these guys. Grew up laughing and still do. Gotta love "We like painting naked people!"

• Thumbs Up 1

I loved this show and still do to this very day. I remember coming across this point in my life not too long ago where I was just pretty much crazy about this and watched as many episodes as I could. The songs, writing, animation, and characters were all incredible and hilarious!

Plus, listening to the Presidents song and Wakko singing on the 50 states and their capitals helped me pass a couple of tests back in Middle School!

One of my favorite jokes would have to be the one between the teacher and Yakko, which goes..

"Yakko, can you conjugate?"

"Who, me? I've never even kissed a girl!"

"No no no, it's easy, I'll conjugate with you!"

"Goodnight, everybody!"

"You don't understand. Let me go to the board and show you."

"Don't look.."

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh my god this was one of my favorite shows as a kid. It's funnier now because I understand the humor much better than back then, too. XD so many good laughs.

Also find it amazing how Rob Paulsen can still sing Yakko's World after all this time without having trouble remembering all of those countries @___@. I sure can't.

"Waitaminute. You expect us poor innocent children to go climb a dangerous scaffolding and paint naked people all over a church?"

"We'll do it!!"

Edited by Shinigami
  • Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...

Animaniacs rules! Pinky & the Brain rules too! To this day, I still use my Animaniacs bookmark. It's Pinky with a green background and he's saying "ZORT!" It should be "NARF!" I dunno what the bookmark creator was thinking when they made that. Anyway, Animaniacs is a good part of my childhood. I usually never missed that show back then. The humor is extremely good. I thought the Slappy Squirrel segments were pretty damn funny. I also liked the segment with the pigeons. That one pigeon that makes fun of Don Vito from the Godfather is so freakin' hilarious.

• Thumbs Up 1

Animaniacs was awesome, I used to watch it religiously as well as Pinky and the Brain, which was equally as awesome. I have a Pinky and the Brain shirt to show my lifelong appreciation of the show and is one of my most worn shirts. Kids today haven't got a clue what a good cartoon is, the cartoons today are rubbish compared to what we were raised on.

• Thumbs Up 1

With the exception of SONIC SATAM, this is easily my all time favorite cartoon (yes, even moreso than that pony cartoon). So many great one-liners and running gags, and there's never been a better show at delivering corny puns. And the home of the best song parody EVER:

• Thumbs Up 1