Awoo.

Toonami Is Back Bitches [05.26.12]

King Frosty

"We couldn't show you the finale, but you can watch it when you get the DVD set to Yu Yu Hakusho..."

...that doesn't sound very uplifting. Please don't just be a one day thing Toonami, WE MISS YOU!!!

Ah, seriously?

Yeah, I'm dead serious actually. 2 or 3 more episodes after this one and it's over. O rit could be one, it's been a while since I've watched Yu Yu Hakusho.

*whistle* we're not the only one's clamoring for the *short* return of Toonami

http://www.facebook.com/adultswim/posts/10150769939441745

AS put up a status saying Toonami an hour ago,

over 11,100 people like it, numbers growing by the hundreds every minute.

Almost all the comments are saying the same thing,

"Thanks for bringing back Toonami"

This really is just great. I don't know if I'll last all night, but I'll be damned if I don't try.

• Thumbs Up 1

Gonna have to call it a night, but seriously, they have to be getting some high ratings tonight, take a hint Adult Swim and CN... You like this symbol don't you "$", I know you do.

• Thumbs Up 8

Tailspin, Darkwing Duck, Gargoyles.

I was just watching "The '90s are All That!" before this came on. And I did watch Cartoon Planet the day before that, as well as playing Sonic Generations.

If Disney pulls a similar stunt and shows the aforementioned programs featured at the top of my post...Th-th-then,,,I,,,I,,, Good Lord.

• Thumbs Up 5

If AS is smart, they would definitely keep this every saturday.

Then again, they're the ones pulling our leg this saturday.

So, who else is staying up till it's over?

Well I was but....Astro Boy......

I'll see what comes on after that.

Seriously though, Astro Boy? lol random.

• Thumbs Up 1

Astro Boy? Oh, we're going old school with this! (I'll take it even though I would have preferred Gigantor in that class.)

Edited by My YoshiUnity is Ready

So, who else is staying up till it's over?

I don't know how much longer the Toonami broadcast will last (6AM?) but I'll probably be up for a few more hours lurking on here... tongue.png

YUAyw.jpg

Bitches best not be underestimating my ass guns.

But yea, as much as I want to stay up, I'm about to collapse lol. Hopefully, my DVR decides to cooperate for once and will record everything.

Best. April Fools. Ever. Let's pray to God that this won't be the last time Toonami graces our airwaves!

Edited by gunthər
  • Thumbs Up 6

>On the next Episode of Bleach

>Next Saturday at 12

>Only on Toonami

I WANT TO BELIEVE SO BADLY

• Thumbs Up 4

Okay, It's kinda hard not to take this stuff at face value anymore, but going by what TOM said regarding the next Bleach episode...

Toonami is here to stay? I guess we'll find out next saturday.

Oh please be true. Oh please be true.

Okay, I'm done.

• Thumbs Up 6

I'm guessing the "Only on Toonami" was just to further the nostalgia.

That said, I really hope Toonami is back.

>On the next Episode of Bleach

>Next Saturday at 12

>Only on Toonami

I WANT TO BELIEVE SO BADLY

I believe at the very end of that he stuttered and said Adult Swim

• Thumbs Up 1

I want to believe in a Toonami revival as much as the next guy, but as for right now, I'm pretty sure it's just an elaborate April Fools prank. There were no press announcements or anything of the sort prior to this, it was just random (albeit that being the point). Although, judging by the FB update, maybe they're checking out ratings and viral spread and the like to test the waters, and they're potentially planning something down the line?

I don't think it'll be an immediate thing, though, if it ever does come to fruition. We can all hold each others' hands and dahoo dores, though. :3 *cue that Journey song*

• Thumbs Up 1

If the feedback is strong enough, who knows? Still the Toonami switch was a great April Fool's Day prank; I almost passed out on the nostalgia fumes.

I don't know, it's no secret that a LOT of veteran viewers want Toonami back, to me, this just seems like the same as putting Bad Boxart Megaman in SF X Tekken.

Except that this kind of trolling is the kind I like.

I'm guessing the "Only on Toonami" was just to further the nostalgia.

That said, I really hope Toonami is back.

It's kind of a whole different ballgame when you have a Bleach preview and "Only on Toonami" AND "On Adult Swim" in the same commercial break.

Although it could easily add to the punch if they reveal that it was really a one time thing. Still, they went through a lot to put this up.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

I watched this thing under the guise that it was an April Fools Joke in name only; that it was merely an excuse to allow us 90s brats to relive some good shows from our past and to honor the block for the impact it had on the channel and anime in the States as a whole. Tom talking about the next episode of Bleach? Goes right out of that nostalgic cheesy comfort zone. Don't mess with me like this, Adult Swim.

• Thumbs Up 9

So....Was anyone watching Astro Boy long enough to see him pull a little (robot) boy's pants down a stick a cable in his ass?

• Thumbs Up 8

So....Was anyone watching Astro Boy long enough to see him pull a little (robot) boy's pants down a stick a cable in his ass?

Data transfer?

Geez, guys, I was not expecting to stay up this late tonight. So much hype and nostalgia because of this, I can practically smell it. Seriously, the ol' Tom, DBZ, Yu Yu Hakusho, Trigun, Astro Boy, and (ahem) GIGANTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR.

Steve Blum confirmed on his Twitter that it was just a one-time deal for now. However, that doesn't mean that we can't give them a bit of feedback on how much we enjoyed it. (There IS still a Toonami feedback section, after all.)

Feedback sent immediately. Let's hope there's enough support to see Toonami return.

Edited by BlueBlur64
  • Thumbs Up 1