Awoo.

Toonami Is Back Bitches [05.26.12]

King Frosty

As for myself, I actually haven't seen Kill La Kill before. It's not really that old of a show, I would have thought picking up the dub would be soon as a big thing.

I don't think so. Like others have said, Toonami is a fine platform for more casual fans, and their roster is pretty good example of the sorts of things people just getting into the medium will likely check out. Granted, I think the current Toonami is slightly more geared toward fans of the medium and Toonami faithful from back in the day, but I think it's still good for getting word out about series that some have never heard or seen before. I'm sure the ratings for a show like Attack on Titan, when it was new, make a pretty good case for that. And that's a show that seems to have a lot of buzz even outside of anime fandom, similar to a show like Cowboy Bebop or Fullmetal Alchemist.

Not everyone wants to watch subtitles or seek out the latest raws, and Toonami picking up the newest, most popular shows being dubbed makes it easier. In addition, a show like Gurren Laggan being on DVD for years doesn't guarantee everyone saw it. Toonami was basically a second chance after the SyFy broadcast (and Bandai going under and all their licenses reverting back to the rights holders), and let's not forget Aniplex charges an arm and a leg for their home releases, so Toonami's got people covered as a legal alternative to check it out too.

Plus, like Chaos Warp says, it's just a really cool package that encourages people to sit down and check it out.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I agree with all this.

A lot because the general populace has shit taste. Either that or they're willing to put up with mediocrity for best girl Sinon. 

Geez, is Sword Art Online that bad? I'm curious about it, but I haven't really heard a good word regarding the series, so I'm a little iffy about checking out this new season (besides the fact that I won't know what's going on).

Well, I do hope it pulls in decent views anyway; it just means more views for Toonami and hopefully will lead to better acquisitions.

Geez, is Sword Art Online that bad? I'm curious about it, but I haven't really heard a good word regarding the series, so I'm a little iffy about checking out this new season (besides the fact that I won't know what's going on).

Season 1 was merely okay for 15 episodes (pretty good TBH for 3 but that stopped quick;y), with a ton of flaws, and definitely not great or even good. The last 10 episodes were utterly god awful. Overall terrible, don't watch it. 

... So, yeah, Sword Art Online II seems surprisingly okay so far. Of course, there always exists the possibility of it taking a turn for the worse like with Season 1, but I'm interested enough to give the next episode a shot.

Season 1 was merely okay for 15 episodes (pretty good TBH for 3 but that stopped quick;y), with a ton of flaws, and definitely not great or even good. The last 10 episodes were utterly god awful. Overall terrible, don't watch it.

... So, yeah, Sword Art Online II seems surprisingly okay so far. Of course, there always exists the possibility of it taking a turn for the worse like with Season 1, but I'm interested enough to give the next episode a shot.

Dare I ask just how bad it got...?

Well, I'm keeping my expectations in check. First episode didn't grab me, but I might give it an episode or two just to see if anything catches my interest. I do like the art style, but I guess that's not much to keep me interested. Only thing I'm surprised about is seeing that Cherami Leigh is doing work with BangZoom for this. Huh. Didn't expect her to branch out from FUNimation already, good for her.

As for tonight's Kill la Kill episode, I rather liked it. I just appreciate how over the top and crazy it gets, but it's still sincere and well done. Looks like it's getting better with each episode. Was cool to see Gamagoori's power and past (I laughed), so I am definitely looking forward to seeing him and Ryuko fight next week. I might consider getting this on DVD at some point, though I'm no fan of Aniplex's releases, so I might have to watch RightStuf just in case a sale pops up (unfortunate Aniplex doesn't do any distribution with Amazon, at least in the US).

Dare I ask just how bad it got...?

I'll just put it like this...

cousin romance and sensual tear-licking

Well, I'm keeping my expectations in check. First episode didn't grab me, but I might give it an episode or two just to see if anything catches my interest. I do like the art style, but I guess that's not much to keep me interested. 

First episode is mostly exposition, which is laaaaaaaaaaame. it'll sorta pick up eventually. the last arc is pretty good, but that's about a good 15-17 episodes later.

Only thing I'm surprised about is seeing that Cherami Leigh is doing work with BangZoom for this. Huh. Didn't expect her to branch out from FUNimation already, good for her.

She's also in Sailor Moon (Venus).

O...Oh.

She's also in Sailor Moon (Venus).

Holy shit I need to hear this.

Not to mention the main female protagonist almost got raped by a creepy old man type of character beforehand!

SAO is so terrible my god 

They should show Macross Plus one day when they are doing movies. The original SDF Macross, and Macross Frontier would be nice. It's too bad that there is legal issues.

I actually really liked what I saw of SAO for what its worth (which is all the way until the end of the alfheim online arc or whatever it was called) though I do have to admit that the series definitely could've just ended after the first part and have been done there instead of continuing on from it.

I actually really liked what I saw of SAO for what its worth (which is all the way until the end of the alfheim online arc or whatever it was called) though I do have to admit that the series definitely could've just ended after the first part and have been done there instead of continuing on from it.

So the King's Lounge chat was complaining that some stuff was cut from today's ep. of KLK, what was it?

What was the episode? If it's the Ragyo and Satsuki in the bath one, no cookies as to what got cut

also re: SAO do we need to drag the two years back again as an example

What was the episode? If it's the Ragyo and Satsuki in the bath one, no cookies as to what got cut.

"Season 1, Episode 9: A Once in a Lifetime Chance" according to my TVGuide.

The only thing I noticed is that they didn't show some parts when Ryuko starts getting whipped/spank. And even that they just moved the image a bit for it not to show her butt.

• Thumbs Up 1

did they cut the famous part with her almost falling, saved by sticking the blade to the wall 

or rather, rewatching the ep these are what I'm expecting cut- any of these stick out as "this wasn't here"?

f0d.gif

1Pe5m1q.gif

3ftcyvw.png

lxZZJm2.gif

(reacting to above)

LNbfgR4.gif

• Thumbs Up 2

The second gif was altered to jot show her butt, the third and fourth one didn't come out !though they did show how she saved herself.)

So I was checking on Halo Online developments on Twitter and I saw this:

PXb4K08.png

That was literally 11 minutes ago, its still trending on Twitter. thats awesome.