Awoo.

Toonami Is Back Bitches [05.26.12]

King Frosty

• 1 month later...

Hey, everyone, you want to some free Toonami stuff or just want to get your opinion on stuff out?

Well, Toonami is giving you a chance with this new poll.

It's probably too late to get the shirt but you might still get the pin.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wow, a new show already? I'm guessing this'll be taking Akame ga Kill's spot then? I think that one's wrapping up soon.

I've briefly heard of this, and I remember hearing that FUNi was actually on the production committee for this show, so I'm interested in seeing what comes of it.

3 minutes ago, Zaysho said:

Wow, a new show already? I'm guessing this'll be taking Akame ga Kill's spot then? I think that one's wrapping up soon.

I've briefly heard of this, and I remember hearing that FUNi was actually on the production committee for this show, so I'm interested in seeing what comes of it.

Yeah, 2 episodes left of AGK they are in the final battle with Metal Gear Excelsus Emperor.

Me too, and was a bit curious on it but now I get to see it on Toonami so I'll hold off alittle while longer.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well I'll be damned, can't believe they made a FLCL sequel. Never thought I'd see the day.

Although I wonder what they can possibly due with the series now. The first season ended on a total note you know.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, TCB said:

FLCL SEASON 2 AND 3 ARE HAPPENING COLLAB BETWEEN TOONAMI AND PRODUCTION I.G.

12 MORE EPISODES, SIX A SEASON HOOOOLY CRAAAAAAP YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

http://toonami.tumblr.com/post/141621681774/toonami-is-proud-to-announce-an-original

WHEW! Now we have the new Samurai Jack and this to look forward to! I'm pondering as to how Adult Swim managed to rack up the funds for this. If only Megas XLR, Symbionic Titan. or Big O were funded for another season, it'd truly be like a dream come true!

*does math*

Hmm, 3 years more or less until series completion on Toonami. which means this must be a safety net in case things with Buu Saga Kai or Super don't work out like were predicting. Narufiller and one piece will only bring in audiences for a short time.

• 3 weeks later...

First episode of Hunter x Hunter is alright. I read a few volumes of the manga years ago and enjoyed the first arc, but I didn't really have the patience to keep up with it. Now that the anime is airing on Toonami I think I'll give the series another shot. Dub overall sounds good from what I could tell, especially Erica Mendez as Gon. Only thing that sounds off about the dub is Kurapika's voice. Not sure I agree with the casting choice; Erika Harlacher's acting sounds good, but I feel the voice didn't really fit. Her performance will probably grow on me.

• 4 weeks later...

Awesome, so how is Gundam IBO? havent seen a gundam series since SEED Destiny.

From what I've heard, IBO is pretty damn solid.
Haven't seen it myself but I've heard a buncha good things about it.

Yes IBO is really solid for the most part. I also like how they changed the weapons from your standard beam rifles and sabers to kinetic based weaponry for all the mechas. Just be forewarned that it does get dark and gritty as you get further along into the first season.

• 2 weeks later...

Neat, but no more 3:00am-3:30am slot I was hoping we actually got the extra half hour back.