Awoo.

Toonami Is Back Bitches [05.26.12]

King Frosty

Gundam IBO was pretty lit.

but honestly the best part was them using the old "Information Leak" song (for the OG fans, this used to be Gundam Wing's bump music)

• Thumbs Up 2

• 3 weeks later...

Clb7iGIXEAAb5LN.jpg:large

well, toonami's coming to AX

so bet on getting some show announcements and other goodness.

• Thumbs Up 2

Toonami get it's STRONGEST character yet.

235px-Th14Cirno.png

No, not you.

It's the One Punch Man, Saitama! He's coming to Toonami once Samurai Champloo is done.

Oh, and that's not all, the Intruder is back again with Intruder 3!

And Toonami is airing it's first completely new original series since IGPX, animated by Production IG!

Things are looking awesome? Yep.

• Thumbs Up 3

An intruder 3? soo soon? man, wonder how they are going to explain this one?...

The trailer for One Punch Man's English dub

Very happy with Saitama's voice :)

Makes me wish Toonami was still a thing in the UK.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 3 weeks later...

Just confirmed at the SDCC...Jojo's Bizarre Adventure is indeed coming to the block in October (likely once One Punch Man finishes its first run airing)

• Thumbs Up 3

Brilliant that JoJo's will be on Toonami! It's perfect for getting the anime more well known in the west. It's one of my favourite shows ever now and I hope more people can finally discover it :) 

Dude, fucking JoJo's Bizarre Adventure is coming to Toonami?!

Spoiler

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/616/532/b17.gif

FUCK YES!!!

I'm so looking forward to this!

• 1 month later...

http://toonamifaithful.com/breaking-toonami-will-now-start-at-midnight-starting-october-1/

So, Toonami is losing it's 11:30 timeslot, it will still air all the show that are on right now, just at a later time.

Man, when are we going to get this thing extended? Jack is coming soon and with the current lineup of long runners, it's either going to get screwed or some other show is going to get screwed.

It has nothing to do with ratings, its a bulling pyramid. CN wanted its 8pm slot back so they bullied [AS] to give it back therefore [AS] bullied Toonami to give back the 11:30pm slot.

• Thumbs Up 1

too bad we never got to see back and forth between moltar and tom, sounded like they really knew how to push eachothers buttons.

Not anymore at least. but yeah toonami wanted to finish its run of Parasyte and didn't want to renew it for just 3 more episodes.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2016/10/19/toonami-schedules-mamoru-oshii-micro-series

We got the air date and details on the mini series!

This upcoming March, Toonami’s celebrating it's 20th anniversary. As part of the festivities, Toonami proudly presents “Sand Whale and Me,” a 25 minute, 5 part short film from legendary director Mamoru Oshii (Ghost in the Shell, Patlabor) and Production I.G.

Presented in a hybrid live action/CG style, "Sand Whale and Me” is the story of a female paratrooper in the distant future who is stranded in a vast desert. With limited supply of food and water, her only hope is to catch a Sand Whale from a pack. If she can’t, her life may just hang in the balance.

Check out first of several behind the scenes moments captured on set. Be sure to watch Toonami on March 18th for the part one premiere of “Sand Whale and Me!”

FULL STAFF:
Director: Mamoru Oshii
Composer: Kenji Kawai
CGI Supervisor: Atsuki Sato
Costume Designer: Dango Takeda
Cast: Hanako Saeki (main character), Yoshikatsu Fujiki (soldier)

If the indent and his previous work is any indication, this is going to be amazing.

• 1 month later...

Bitchin, this is gonna be awesome. but also weird knowing 18 and Kid Trunks are going to sound different in both dubs.

If we go by this cast list (which is kind of all over the place, admittedly) I'm guessing Alexis Tipton will be voicing Trunks there, too. Young Trunks isn't listed, but Erasa was one of Laura Bailey's characters, and Tipton took over that role, so it's entirely possible Trunks was recast for Kai, as well. Otherwise, I would think they'd just have Bailey knock out Erasa's lines and continue through with Trunks. Interestingly, despite Meredith McCoy taking over 18 again for the newer movies and games and being confirmed for Super, Colleen Clinkenbeard is apparently voicing her for the Final Chapters.

• 3 weeks later...

Toonami is going to air Shelter.

Now, you can listen to what to that Madeon guy Webber brought attention to!

There is two interesting things about this, first, it will be the first Toonami to be aired  with subtitles only, and if tonight's short means anything, Toonami will run for a few more minutes that night.

• 2 months later...

From what we pieced together over at NeoGAF it looks like Toei raised the price for One Piece's renewal per season and One Piece doesn't have high enough ratings for Adult Swim to afford the renewal, so its getting axed as of this week.

Here's Toonami's farewell video:

• Thumbs Up 1