Awoo.

Toonami Is Back Bitches [05.26.12]

King Frosty

Really bummed about One Piece. For the first year I actually disliked the show from how garbage Toei treated it as an adaption but once we got to Enies Lobby, idk something clicked. The characters were just too fun and the situations were just great; despite the lame pacing it was actually still really enjoyable. Now I'm at the point where I don't have to struggle to enjoy the show which is great.

I'm really sad to see the show go but I'm glad Toonami helped me become a fan, I even went to see the movie (Gold) in theaters which was amazing too. Demarco says there's always the possibility of the show coming back, hopefully maybe they can strike a cheaper deal a year later or so. Perhaps start from scratch at Ep1 and maybe double down on episodes next time or something. I'm game for anything.

3 hours ago, Goldenlink64 said:

Perhaps start from scratch at Ep1 and maybe double down on episodes next time or something. I'm game for anything.

Oooooh no. Even if they doubled down, it'd take them FIVE YEARS to get to where the dub is at now. The series airing once a week on Toonami was enough of a slog at it is.

Oooooh no. Even if they doubled down, it'd take them FIVE YEARS to get to where the dub is at now. The series airing once a week on Toonami was enough of a slog at it is.

What is op at in Japan currently? Like 850? Honestly I love how popular it is there. It has a good story. I'll be sad when it ends :/

What is op at in Japan currently? Like 850? Honestly I love how popular it is there. It has a good story. I'll be sad when it ends :/

In the mid-700s I think. Judging from how long the manga is estimated to be, I'm sure we'll end up with well over 1000 episodes.

Well he already knows how it ends as he told that make a wish child. Honestly I look forward to new chapters every week......unlike what happened to Bleach sadly. Did toonami drop it?

I heard Tokyo Ghoul is good in the first season but it goes down on the second one.

Oh, yeah, my friend that actually has a computer at like, his house, said Dandy isn't on Adult Swim's website anymore.:(

11 hours ago, PC the Hedgehog said:

I never really got this point of view. The point of Toonami is to create new fans, not race with Japan (and lose) to see who can air the newest episode first, especially when tons of westerners probably haven't even seen the beginning of the show properly thanks to 4Kids.

Then again, I'm more of just wanting to enjoy the ride, rather than trying to get to the end as quickly as possible. I've also seen the current anime's pacing and it's pretty horrible so I'm not in a hurry to get there either.

• 1 month later...

Jack Marathon after the show concludes, the interesting part of this? We got an half hour added to the block, could this be just so they can air all of it or could this be Toonami getting expanded timeslot?

• Thumbs Up 1

My guess is it's probably just going to be a temporary slot for the marathon but if we had a bonus slot that'd be neat... wish it was earlier tho.

• 1 month later...

still gotta finish battle tendency

jojo da bess. although, i'm a little cautious about stardust crusaders because that's when the stands come into play. i dunno, i think the stands might make this a little too yugioh/pokemon ish

It's a real shame to see One Piece go, it's ome of the first shonen franchises I got hooked on. Not surprising Toei is the cause of it, though. Might I suggest that those who fell in love with it read the manga? The way Oda draws makes everything feel like it's animated.

Flcl 2 and 3 looks decent butI doubt it will live up to the first. The main character is way to much a moeanime type with those headphones young people like.  as someone on Reddit said the characters being grounded was what made it good. That and it being 6 episodes was a good thing imo

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I think it's time we blow this scene, get everybody and stuff together okay, 3, 2, 1...

Let's jam!

Bebop and Outlaw Star next to each other, that's just perfect, now bring on Trigun!

On 7/21/2017 at 1:11 AM, Klinsy said:

ONE MORE THING .... sorry

It's T.I.E time

I think it's about time T.O.M 6 showed his face.

Last time TOM showed his face, we all regretted it. :P

Doesn't feel like TOM 5 has been around for too long, honestly. Then again, doesn't feel like Toonami has been revived for very long, and it's been five years!