Awoo.

Character Redesigns

Cortez

That said, I like redesigns that are subtle or for the better. Sometimes you do have to change a look for marketing purposes. Spyro is a very bad example of doing it for that reason. But there's been worse...

Banjokazooie.jpg

I like these designs. They're charming and could easily be tweaked just barely for HD consoles. What did they do?

[Omitted out of respect.]

They ruined them. Completely ruined them by making them look so... ugly. +_+

... I hadn't seen the Kazooie redesign until this thread. There exists a line. They went way too far in crossing it.

That Banjo design...why is it so blocky.

I'm guessing to fit the rest of the games design and concept. Building blocks/lego world or something like that so they made him fit the environments my guess.

I'm guessing to fit the rest of the games design and concept. Building blocks/lego world or something like that so they made him fit the environments my guess.

^ They probably did have the building idea knocking about. Hell, in terms of concepts and stuff, "Banjo-Threeie" probably began not too long after they finished Banjo-Tooie. Just went on the backburner for a bit.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, why does everyone here always treat me like I'm the butt monkey of the forums?

I wasn't complaining, I was only telling you that I'm sick of this debate and I wish no one would complain about such things. In fact, I dislike complaints, and this is why I love to rant in the first place. It helps me get off my chest and point out facts to help others realize that new designs or whatever they complain about is not the root of all evil. SEGA gave the classic Sonic characters a new design in the modern games for a reason, you know.

...who are you talking to?

I think it's best next time to quote the person's post before you make a reply. But it seemed at first this came out of nowhere.

• Thumbs Up 1

Vulpine if there's been like 3 pages and a couple weeks between a post that upsets you...

You've kind of lost the right to complain about it.

• Thumbs Up 7