Awoo.

Vector's Rooftop Run mission...

MeteorSmash

So, I was wondering if anyone knows why there's a dashpanel behind the stage where vector is uh, dancing, that leads to some springs up high...the way I see it it's only a way to distract you so that you fail the mission, but does it actually serve a purpose? Incidentally I was also wondering if anyone noticed some lag in this mission..

Looks like they just send you back to the beginning of the stage, which is incredibly pointing.

Edited by Blue Blood

Is it not part of the original level?

Doesn't make any sense for the dash pannel, springs or rings to be there. And they're obviously there on purpose cause the springs send you to the start of the stage.

EDIT: Unless you're expected to sacrifice some seconds to get the rings and hopefully boost your score as a result? Seems like a lot of effort cause the chances of you not missing the next-note are incredibly slim.

Edited by Blue Blood

I thought the mission was actually fun. I got it on my first try, and got an A rank.

What the hell are you people seeing in this that i'm not?

• Thumbs Up 2

Doesn't make any sense for the dash pannel, springs or rings to be there. And they're obviously there on purpose cause the springs send you to the start of the stage.

Maybe and maybe not...when you hit the springs you can't actually see where it's sending you, it would appear to be the start of the stage, but it could be someplace else...either way you can't see where you land because as soon as the musical note touches the ground, the mission is over while you're in mid-air.

Maybe and maybe not...when you hit the springs you can't actually see where it's sending you, it would appear to be the start of the stage, but it could be someplace else...either way you can't see where you land because as soon as the musical note touches the ground, the mission is over while you're in mid-air.

Nope, beginning of the stage. You can see once you land if you did it fast enough.

Nope, beginning of the stage. You can see once you land if you did it fast enough.

ok I'll believe you...I just went to do that mission stage 3 times anyway, most pointless thing I've seen in the game, yet curious.

EDIT: Unless you're expected to sacrifice some seconds to get the rings and hopefully boost your score as a result? Seems like a lot of effort cause the chances of you not missing the next-note are incredibly slim.

Some people do like to play Sonic games like that, quite a lot of them in fact, you look at any convention and it won't take you a long time before you see people going out of their way to grab every ring they can find as apposed to finishing the stage as fast as possible.

Not that it's still an odd location for them, just might be a reason as to why it's there.

I still can't do the mission >< ..then again, I haven't attempted it much.*cough*

But I have noticed it, but never attempted to test out before because Vector is a dick with his even more dickish musical notes. :c

The first time I played the mission, the last musical note headed passed the dash panel, so I assumed it was there to help you catch up to it? The second time it headed elsewhere however.

• Thumbs Up 5

God damn this mission. I hate this mission and basically everything about it. I swore to myself that the second I finished it, I would never come back to it no matter what. And the fact that I was trying to S rank every single stage and challenge in the game didn't help make it any easier. (I got an S rank the first time I completed it though, thank god.)

Anyways, since none of you probably care about me complaining, I noticed that in the back of the level and wondered was it was for as well. Maybe they just..added it there to make it seem like this took place in a part of the level you normally run through or..I don't know, it seemed pretty darn pointless for it to be there at all. They must have put it there for a reason while they were designing the level.

Whatever, all I know is that I didn't have to worry about it after I beat the mission, meaning that it wasn't any longer after I beat the musical note part of it and that's all that matters to me. It was over and I was happy.

Passed this mission on my third try, not too bad. And those dash panels, I've seen another video of someone doing this mission the note on the very last part, went towards the dash panel and it happened to me once too. It'll go there at the final part at times basically.

Edited by Jetronic

Yeah, down the at the end of the path (because it's actually a short dead-end) is a spot where the last musical note will try and flee to. If it touches the red spot-thing there, it's mission failed.

Edited by VEDJ-F
  • Thumbs Up 2

The dash pads and springs ARE there for a reason.

If for some reason you can't get the last note on time, it flies off in that direction, and you use the dash panels to catch it. It then flies into the air (if you STILL HAVEN'T CAUGHT IT) at which point the springs come into play.

• Thumbs Up 3

I used the dash panels during my first, and only, time playing the mission. It's where the last note went. It was the best moment of the mission.

I guess putting springs was thought to be a better design choice than an invisible wall.

Edit: I don't remember the note going there. Eh..

Edited by Autosaver

As others have said first (beaten to the punch), the last musical note will sometimes run away down that path. It doesn't always happen though, it seems to be random.

Yeah it's for the (sometimes) last note. Of course most offensive was the first time I got that far, the dash panel just sent me rocketing into the note, and as a regular touch (no homing attack) disintergrates the note I failed the mission and raged quite badly. 8C

The funny thing is despite all my rage, every time I have played the mission since I've never failed once.

I thought the mission was actually fun. I got it on my first try, and got an A rank.

What the hell are you people seeing in this that i'm not?

This Mission is the new "Big the Catis the hardest character inSonic Adventure and his Medals are really difficult to get" by the looks of it. While I found Vector's Mission annoying, it wasn't that hard, and once you clear it...you never have to play it again!

I played the Mission once, though, and could swear the last note went beyond the dash panel and I had to go into that area to get it...but I forget.