Awoo.

Rawpowered's Metalsmithing stuff

Rawpowered

Hey there.

As some of you may know I am currently studying in a course for National Diploma Metalsmithing. The course covers Blacksmithing, Jewellery and Welding. Now there are quite a few things I have produced so I thought I might as well just show them.

I did do a First diploma first to move onto this course (that was basically a year of preparing for the National Diploma) so I will be showing the somewhat primitive work I did last year too

Now obviously there's a limit per post on how many photos a time I can upload, so I may have to double or triple post for them all, sorry =P

Anyway, I hope you like them:

My Hanging Basket Bracket (Last year)

bracket1.png

The overview of it, as since in my Introduction in the Introduction thread

bracket2.png

Close up of the corner scrolls I did, all bound together with custom made clips

bracket3.png

The hole for the screw, I choose the design of it because I saw it somewhere and it wooked pwetty :3

Fish Ring (Jewellery, Last Year)

img1711z.jpg

A copper and silver mixed ring in the shape of a fish. Yeah I don't really know what I was thinking either but hey, it got me a Distinction and was an entry in the Young Craftsman of the Year Award. I didn't win it but it's still nice for it to be on display.

• Thumbs Up 2

Now for something I made very recently, A Hammer:

img0230oz.jpg

Overview of the Hammer. I am really happy of how it turned out been using it only a couple of times. It's quite short, but it does have a good swing into it. As for that white patch, only just took off the price tag off for the photo =P

img0231le.jpg

Close up on the Hammer head and the front face.

img0233sp.jpg

Bird's Eye View. The logo design is my Maker's Mark (DO NOT STEAL!!!!!!!!) It's a little messed up unfortunately, but hey, there's plenty more opportunities for me to make more hammers

img0234eb.jpg

Back face.

That's all I have at the moment, but I have some stuff I've yet to photograph. Really all just tools like Chisels, Punches and Tongs, but I'll take photographs of them nevertheless

This is impressive stuff but this stuff goes into the Showcase boards. I'll move the topic.

Cheers mate, didn't really know where to dump this so I just left it in General

Edited by Rawpowered
  • Thumbs Up 1

I don't always venture into the Showcase forum, but when I do I look at metallurgy.

Seriously, the detail on the basket holder is really impressive.

Thanks guys, glad you all like my work.

BIG ANNOUNCEMENT

A project I'm working on at college called "Cutting Edge" involves me making a item which serves a function. So what am I making? A stool. I just need to draw the plans for it and I'll show you guys, but I can't wait to do it

This is quite the awesome hobby I must say. :D

I mean seriously? How many people do you know who are into metallurgy?

I now know 1.

• Thumbs Up 1

New Jewellery piece made. This was a part of the course where I had to make a piece of jewellery with a bead in it. I call it a "Cubic Ram ring". Silver and Copper again, was originally going to use Brass instead of Copper. But it got to a point where the Brass was too hard to work with, so I switched to Copper. I have a plan for using Brass for my next piece.

img0006iy.jpg

img0007ew.jpg

img0008td.jpg

Yeah I'm not too sure what I was thinking either =\

This is pretty damn awesome O_o. The only metal I've ever worked with was a not-so-legit way of making a sword once, XD. (a rusty hunk of metal off the bottom of a snowmoblie or something rather and grinded it down for days until it was a sword LOL). Metal work has always kinda interested me, but it's just not something I really got into, since I don't feel I have the drive to really do anything.

BUT, if I was you, I'D MAKE A GIANT METAL SONIC.