Awoo.

US vs Japanese Soundtrack

Indigo Rush

You obviously havn't heard quartz quadrant good future from the japaneese soundtrack.

I've listened to both of the soundtracks. I can't stand the Japanese one.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dr. Mechano

• Sean

• redmenace

• Ferr

Well to me, I like both of the soundtracks. The US one is what I went with and when I heard the Japan one I liked both of them. Japan soundtrack has that new age|ambient (Plus techno) music while the US has kinda the same but a more different approach.

We are talking about Sonic CD, right? *Is too lazy to read the entire topic*

If so, I like the US soundtrack more.

This post made em think.. there was more people who liked the usa rather than the jap here. its a prove that the usa music isnt that hated

I think I've just thought of a very good way to settle this age-old arguement at SoS...

T

A song I loathe from the US version...

Collision Chaos! D:

What did they DO to it? It's so...bland, and it lacks the bounce a pinball level should. I honestly hate that arrangement, and the US Quartz Quadrant. I mean, how can you take something as ambient as...

This

And turn it into...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euQWWB9xoto

It just sounds so boring in comparison, IMO, and seems more Spyro-like, as I said in my earlier post. Not to mention that it really doesn't have a bounce or anything.

Though I guess I do like the US Tidal Tempest. That track is actually really catchy, but... everything else doesn't cut it for me.

This post made em think.. there was more people who liked the usa rather than the jap here. its a prove that the usa music isnt that hated
It just proves there are more american people here. I've seen a lot of hate across other boards, especially european boards. Edited by redmenace

It just proves there are more american people here. I've seen a lot of hate across other boards, especially european boards.

Well, not necessarily. I'm American, and I prefer the Japanese soundtrack (And the Japanese image of Sonic in general). Being from the product's country of origin does not in and of itself indicate a preference for the same.

Edited by El Gran Gordo

Well, not necessarily. I'm American, and I prefer the Japanese soundtrack (And the Japanese image of Sonic in general). Being from the product's country of origin does not in and of itself indicate a preference for the same.

I'm European and I prefer the Japanese version of Sonic to do the one we have in here and I grew up with it as well. But take a look at almost everyone that posts in here, the majority that played it with the US soundtrack prefer the US soundtrack while those that played it with the Jap soundtrack prefer it. The ones that reviewed Sonic CD back in the time also took this route. They've been playing the version of the game for reviewing with the Jap soundtrack and then got hold of the game with the US soundtrack. Needless to say, the European/Japanese version of Sonic CD got more score (100%) than the US (70%), precisely because they were used to the Japanese one (we could say they liked it more). It was mentioned here, but I also put a link to the wikipedia article that talks about it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_the_Hedgehog_CD#Music

Myself, I prefer the Japanese one because it's more Sonic-like with all the funkiness but I understand people's nostalgia feeling out of it.

Edited by redmenace

Is true that people tend to prefer the one who grew up with it, is logical.

As for myself, I never had the original Mega CD game, so when I DL the game (dont hate me, i bought a original copy after that xd) I listened to both soundtracks to decide wich one I should play the game with, and I liked the JAP more for every track, because it was more sonicy IMO, and I love its melodies (I prefer the music with lot of melodies, and the USA version is less melodical than the JAP).

I haven't heard much of the Japanese sound track but for the most part it's better than America's.

I heard the Past music is the same in both versions. That probably explains why I found the past music to be much better than the rest of the soundtrack.

I originally went out of my way to play Sonic CD with the original soundtrack, what with the 9/20 revision and everything, but I in the end decided that the songs used in the NTSC-U release are much more complex and enjoyable overall (with some exceptions).