Awoo.

What can I say about Capcom? I used to be a fan of theirs, but ever since 2011, they've been making alot of bad business decisions, and they've been treating their fans like garbage. Really sad. So I consider the Capcom I used to know dead. They cancel Megaman Universe, they cancel Megaman Legends 3 and blame the fans for it being cancelled (not to mention Keiji Inafune wanted to continue the project, and they wouldn't let him), they release an update of Marvel vs. Capcom 3 only 9 months after the original game came out with a bunch of stuff that should've been DLC instead of a new physical game disc, they sold Devil May Cry to Ninja Theory, they remove the option to delete save games from Resident Evil:Mercenaries, it's sad like I said. So, I put together a tribute video to the Capcom of yesteryear for everyone to remember that they didn't use to be as bad as they are today and used to make quality titles. I'm aware that I left out several important titles, but you can only fit so many games into a 3 minute video.

Edited by Mota Landen

Sorry to break it to you, but every company makes horrible desicions (Sony, Nintendo), Capcom is doing mostly the same thing that other companies are doing nowadays.

I see you're still upset about the megaman games, but let's be real, it isn't the death of Megaman or anything. Universe was just a MM2 remake in HD, and Legends 3 was only made cause of Inafune. After he left, Capcom had no desire to continue these projects, and canned them. Yeah, it was a dick move to blame the fans for the games's cancellations, but there's really nothing you can do but just sit back and say "Well that fucking sucks."

I'll admit, releasing a re-release of the same game with new features, is something Capcom's done for decades. Why it's just getting noticed now, I dunno.

They sold DMC to Ninja Theory? Not really into DMC, so I don't know much about that, and about the RE: Mercanaries thing, is it really that bad? There's virtually no story in Mercanaries, it's just missions slapped together in a port. If the game was story based like Revelations, then I'd have a problem with it. But the fact of the can't delete save data thing in Mercanaries, I don't really see the big deal.

You're making it seem like Capcom is the worst gaming company out there today, but if you'd focus on the positives they've done this past generation, and not the recent negatives, you'd see that there's far, much more worse companies out there.

Like Yahtzee said, "Capcom's not bad people....they're just idiots."

Edited by Nintendoga
  • Thumbs Up 4

I'll admit, releasing a re-release of the same game with new features, is something Capcom's done for decades. Why it's just getting noticed now, I dunno.

Because there was no DLC back then. That's the only reason they could get away with it in the past.

I never was a big fan of Capcom although I liked DMC4. I also don't know much about the controversy of MvC3 bonus disc except that BlackBusterCritic got mad and started flaming fans who supported it. Still, I never played the games but Megaman was a loved character in gaming and it's sad to hear that those games got canned. I'll just say that Sega managed to get better and hopefully Capcom will too. I've certainly noticed some upsets over them.

We can only hope..... Capcom has however ported Megaman X to the iOS recently, but that doesn't equal redemption. It's a step in the right direction, but still.

I have to agree that Capcom's been pretty lame this past year. I was really looking forward to Mega Man Universe, so I was pretty bummed when that got canceled. I never played much of the Legends games so I honestly can't say I was too upset about MML3, but I can definitely understand why everyone else would be.

UMvC3 was a huge slap in the face to me though. I bought MvC3 right when it came out only to find out a few months later that it was already the obsolete inferior version. What the hell?! Not to mention that they just released the 3rd version of Street Fighter IV. -_- I think I'm just going to hold off on buying any Capcom fighting games for a while because I'm sure a better version of the same damn game will be released shortly afterwards.

Capcom isn't dead, buddy.

Capcom's a zombie. He who fights monsters...

They've also covered wars, y'know ;)

Anyways: Like doga said, Universe was a glorified MM2 (Besides, I heard the controls sucked too) and I've gotten over MML3's cancelation because there's MORE IMPORTANT THINGS IN LIFE BESIDES A VIDEO GAME! Seriously, these guys need to get over it. I love Mega Man, but everything has a life and everything must die at some point. Mega Man isn't popular as he was back in the day. Would I love a new Mega Man? Oh hell yeah I would. But, I'll just see if CAPCOM does anything to the series this year with it being the 25th Anniversary.

Also: They're making Monster Hunter 4 on the 3DS. Why can I hate them for that!?

they release an update of Marvel vs. Capcom 3 only 9 months after the original game came out with a bunch of stuff that should've been DLC instead of a new physical game disc

Because there was no DLC back then. That's the only reason they could get away with it in the past.

There are advantages and disadvantages to both schemes.

Edited by Tornado

I'd like to say Capcom died with Dino Crisis 3 but there has been some good games under Capcom's belt afterwords. Namely Haunting Ground, Resident Evil 4, and Okami. However Capcom has done pently of stupid desisions. Now if they bring back Dino Crisis and Darkstalkers I'll be happy :P

I have to agree that Capcom's been pretty lame this past year. I was really looking forward to Mega Man Universe, so I was pretty bummed when that got canceled. I never played much of the Legends games so I honestly can't say I was too upset about MML3, but I can definitely understand why everyone else would be.

UMvC3 was a huge slap in the face to me though. I bought MvC3 right when it came out only to find out a few months later that it was already the obsolete inferior version. What the hell?! Not to mention that they just released the 3rd version of Street Fighter IV. sleep.png I think I'm just going to hold off on buying any Capcom fighting games for a while because I'm sure a better version of the same damn game will be released shortly afterwards.

Can't agree with you more. And no, an iOS port of the original Megaman X game doesn't mean they've redeemed themselves. smile.png It's a step in the right direction, but it's not enough.

A really shoddy port, while we're at that.

Sprites pretty much traced from the SNES originals and no proper screen transitions. Honestly, why bother with an iOS port when they already have the neat-o Maverick Hunter X?!

Capcom's not as bad as you make them sound. You're forgetting a lot of things.

Like in Street Fighter x Tekken, they're offering retailer-exclusive gems that give players who buy from Gamestop an advantage over others.

And the guy who leaked the Marvel vs Capcom roster is insisting Mega Man will actually be in SFxT...but that it will be Bad Boxart Mega man.

And they also aren't localizing Miles Edgeworth Ace Attorney Investigations 2.

And they made a shitty, low-budget re-release of Dead Rising 2 with Frank West Godfrey Ho'd into the story.

So yeah, they're not as bad as you're making them out to be. They're actually way worse.

Edited by Solly
  • Thumbs Up 3

Capcom's not as bad as you make them sound. You're forgetting a lot of things.

Like in Street Fighter x Tekken, they're offering retailer-exclusive gems that give players who buy from Gamestop and advantage over others.

And the guy who leaked the Marvel vs Capcom roster is insisting Mega Man will actually be in SFxT...but that it will be Bad Boxart Mega man.

And they made a shitty, low-budget re-release of Dead Rising 2 with Frank West Godfrey Ho'd into the story.

So yeah, they're not as bad as you're making them out to be. They're actually way worse.

You'd have figured it out from them making Devil May Cry 2 without Hideki Kamiya's involvement?

Or, for fuck's sake, stabbing Mega Man X's continuity in the crotch with X6? (also without Inafune's involvement)

Edited by The Dead Skin

Time to play Devil's Advocate here for a bit.

Like in Street Fighter x Tekken, they're offering retailer-exclusive gems that give players who buy from Gamestop and advantage over others.

A feature not many people give a shit about, and a pre-order exclusive practice that isn't mutually exclusive to Capcom.

Why is this a bad thing?

A sequel to a gaiden series that sold absolutely terrible and was pirated to hell and back. Granted a sub-par localization job is a bit to blame for this.

Not sure why this budget release is more lambastable than say, what Nintendo does with their Pokemon re-releases.

Capcom had possibly some of the greatest financial losses of any company out there during 2009-2010, perhaps the biggest blunder within that timespan being Bionic Commando, something to this day which I'll personally always have a little bit of personal grievance over due to the fact that it was my favorite game of the year in 2009.

From a fighting game perspective however, bitching them out for the UMvC3 release is something I can only see justified due to the timespan and the fact that they not only had to rush the original release out by the fiscal year, but also because there'd be no other suitable timeframe to release an update with Street Fighter x Tekken on the horizon. They try to cater their best to the fighting game communities and the advantage lies mostly within releasing retail packages with huge updates when they even tried to do a DLC plan for MvC3 which fell flat (Shuma-Gorath and Jill was barely sold, and the less said about Shadow Battles the better), and DLC prep in the tourney scene is incredibly minimal. As hard as it is to believe, half of the people keeping the fighting games alive, and by extent the entire fighting scene, would partially collapse if a DLC plan was far more prevalent than retail repackaging. It could have been handled better with MvC3 I will admit, since Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition did a similar approach by releasing both a retail packaging and a DLC update since the fixes weren't nearly as big.

Also, Mega Man Universe was openly slammed by focus testers and was apparently absolutely atrocious. That was more of a conventional cancellation. Mega Man Legends 3 however, was never greenlit to begin with. The only thing Capcom did wrong with that title was spoil the fuck out of people with how development cycles work, cause as hard as it is believing, a shit ton of more promising projects than that get cancelled by developers on a regular basis behind the scenes, and I don't think that a developer that's not running very well financially can afford spending much money on a niche title for a console most people at that point didn't even own.

• Thumbs Up 3

I agree with most of what Carbo says, except...

The only thing Capcom did wrong with that title was spoil the fuck out of people with how development cycles work, cause as hard as it is believing, a shit ton of more promising projects than that get cancelled by developers on a regular basis behind the scenes, and I don't think that a developer that's not running very well financially can afford spending much money on a niche title for a console most people at that point didn't even own.

More promising than Megaman Legends 3? I don't think such a thing can exist for someone like me, who grew up with the Legends series and continues to play it and love the world it created to this day.

A feature not many people give a shit about, and a pre-order exclusive practice that isn't mutually exclusive to Capcom.

The gems are so important to the game that there will not be a mode where you can turn them off. It's not that most people don't care about them, it's that most people don't like them, and giving exclusive gems that are OBJECTIVELY BETTER than the default ones doesn't help this one bit.

Other companies do this too, but it doesn't make it right, especially in a game that's pretty much entirely multiplayer-based because players who don't get the Gamestop gems will be at a clear disadvantage.

Why is this a bad thing?
It's not necessarily, and I'm not that bothered by it, but if it turns out true it's going to feel like a tremendous slap in the face to a lot of Mega Man fans.

The timing will be awful. I think we can agree on that. Mega Man has had two games canceled in recent history, his last two major games were basically like 8-bit indie games, and he was the most demanded character for Marvel vs Capcom 3 yet he never made it in.

Again, not bad by itself but it shows they really know how to piss their fanbase off. In the case of Mega Man especially, they have been putting in zero effort whatsoever, and they're completely out of touch.

A sequel to a gaiden series that sold absolutely terrible and was pirated to hell and back. Granted a sub-par localization job is a bit to blame for this.

Had a feeling someone would say something like this, and you're absolutely right. Can't blame a developer for not following the money, but from a fan's perspective it's still extremely unfortunate.

Not sure why this budget release is more lambastable than say, what Nintendo does with their Pokemon re-releases.
Because it costs a bit more, even if the game wasn't full price. That and it's meant to target people who played Dead Rising 2 whereas games like Pokemon Yellow are great for players who never experienced the original. Dead Rising 2 Off the Record is essentially add-on content with not that many significant changes.

But more importantly it just feels incredibly cheap. When I say that Frank West was Godfrey Ho'd into Dead Rising 2, I really mean that there are scenes in the game where he's there in place of Chuck Greene and Frank is the only character who had all of his line's dubbed over. Certain character's actions and motivations don't even make much sense outside the context of the original Dead Rising 2 story. It's a real mess.

Nintendo may be grubbing for money when they release new editions of the Pokemon games, but the result is never this shitty.

Also, Mega Man Universe was openly slammed by focus testers and was apparently absolutely atrocious.

Oh, I know. It didn't look good at all.

But the game getting canceled because it was "absolutely atrocious" isn't something I would say in the defense of the company who made it. It still doesn't change how much they're sabotaging and mishandling their own franchise.

That was more of a conventional cancellation. Mega Man Legends 3 however, was never greenlit to begin with. The only thing Capcom did wrong with that title was spoil the fuck out of people with how development cycles work, cause as hard as it is believing, a shit ton of more promising projects than that get cancelled by developers on a regular basis behind the scenes, and I don't think that a developer that's not running very well financially can afford spending much money on a niche title for a console most people at that point didn't even own.

I know games get cancelled, and I know that Mega Man Legends 3 didn't absolutely have to get made, so I can't blame them for that much, but I'd consider the whole thing a gigantic fuck-up, wouldn't you? They still shot themselves in the foot by announcing the game, then saying they would guage interest with an e-shop prologue to help decide if it were to get greenlit, and then cancelled it anyway. What kind of company DOES THAT?

Not saying Capcom's the worst company out there. There are worse companies like Activision, but Capcom has had a fall from grace in my eyes.

Edited by Solly

More promising than Megaman Legends 3? I don't think such a thing can exist for someone like me, who grew up with the Legends series and continues to play it and love the world it created to this day.

Sadness looked like a really awesome game - a game based around psychological horror, in black and white!

Now THAT's promising. Too bad it was canned last year.

Sadness looked like a really awesome game - a game based around psychological horror, in black and white!

Now THAT's promising. Too bad it was canned last year.

Psychological horror? Clique'd faux-artsy black and white graphics?

Pass. Legends 3 please.

Edited by Legendary Pine Tree

Psychological horror? Clique'd faux-artsy black and white graphics?

Pass. Legends 3 please.

Christ, Legends 3 is the Sonic Adventure 3 of the Mega Man cult-- I mean, 'fandom'. >__>

The hype's gotten so big that I hope the 100,000 for Bringing Back Legends 3 movement fails miserably. Capcom AND its community are nothing more than a huge, buggy network just waiting to self-destruct.

Edited by The Dead Skin
  • Thumbs Up 1

A really shoddy port, while we're at that.

Sprites pretty much traced from the SNES originals and no proper screen transitions. Honestly, why bother with an iOS port when they already have the neat-o Maverick Hunter X?!

Personally, I find having power-ups being able to be obtained via paid transactions a worse thing that just making the port terrible. Plus, Capcom has said they plan to do stuff like this in the future, using the example of paid cheat codes.

Also: They're making Monster Hunter 4 on the 3DS. Why can I hate them for that!?

Has that game actually been hinted at coming outside Japan other than the Tri G demos at TGS having an English version of the instructions?

Christ, Legends 3 is the Sonic Adventure 3 of the Mega Man cult-- I mean, 'fandom'. >__>

The hype's gotten so big that I hope the 100,000 for Bringing Back Legends 3 movement fails miserably. Capcom AND its community are nothing more than a huge, buggy network just waiting to self-destruct.

Actually, the Legends 3 stuff is actually relatively quiet compared to games SA3. It only got to the levels that it's at now because more than just Legend's fans are asking for it now since it would have been the first Mega Man game that wasn't a redo of Mega Man 2 since 2007.

Also, I'd say that movement has already failed miserably since it was started last year, and only has barely half its number, if that.

Edited by Ekaje

Pretty sure the 100k for Bringing Back Legends 3 campaign already fizzled out.

But I can understand why people want it so bad. It's kind of unfortunate that the only Mega Man series NOT to get an offensive number of sequels ended on a cliffhanger that set up the next game...

Well hopefully Capcom can clean up their act in 2012.... Wait, Asura's Wrath is a movie game.....? And they haven't canceled the new Devil may Cry yet.....? ............................................ FUCK THIS!!! *leaves room*

Has that game actually been hinted at coming outside Japan other than the Tri G demos at TGS having an English version of the instructions?

The thing is, the game need online, which isn't in the original Japanese game. CAPCOM USA I think would need permission to create an online system for Tri G. And let's face it, Monster Hunter won't do well without online play here for the fans because in Japan, it's easier to find people with Monster Hunter Tri G and a 3DS because they're always out and about and more social and Japan is smaller than the US. Online servers cost money, so they need to look into that as well. Once they get that sorted out, then they could talk more about a localization.