Awoo.

COMIC: Dr. Mechano

Dr. Mechano

A little webcomic me and some friends are doing. We're taking turns drawing it- But I'll go ahead and post what I have so far.

Page 1 was drawn by me, then colored in Flash. And yes, Captain Cool is so cool enough for pointy shades.

mechano1.png

Page 2 was drawn by my friend Tony, and colored in Photoshop.

mechano2.jpg

Page 3 was drawn/colored by my friend Jacob.

mechano3.png

Page 4 was sketched by my friend and fellow SSMB member Yusuke, then colored in Flash by me.

mechano4.png

Which brings me back to my turn! I'm currently (and slowly) drawing page 5. But yes, our comic's basically a slice-of-life comedy about a genius supervillain. Hopefully a workable concept!

What do you think so far?

(Website for comic is under construction. Hopefully we'll have something soon...)

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dr. Mechano

• Blazey Firekitty

• Indigo Rush

• Little Miss Fortunes

Top Posters In This Topic

This is certainly an interesting concept... not so much the story, really, but the method of taking turns drawing a comic. I like that idea, El Gran Gordo!

Also, Capt. Cool needs to get off his high horse!!! D:

ROFL! Oh my God, I love Dr. Mechano, he's such a colourful and vibrant character! I think he's much cooler than Captain Cool, even if the latter is cool enough to have pointy shades. XD I can't wait to see what he does to crash the Cool Parade (will it involve a disguise? >:3)

I second Indigo's comment about taking turns for pages, that's a really cute idea, and allows for all different art styles that blend well to be included in the comic. The artwork is lovely, and I just love Machino's fittingly charismatic expressions - I especially love the first panel of Page 1 and the second-to-last panel of Page 5 - I find those expressions very cute! I just want to hug the evil genius! ♥

Keep it up, I can't wait to see the next pages! :D

Heh, totally awesome idea for a comic, El Gran! It's gonna be interesting to see the evil genius in action!

Also, gotta love how C. Cool is the complete polar opposite of Mechano. Blue to Mechano's Red, afro to Mechano's bald, pointy GLASSES to a round monacle, large muscles to skinny guy. I can't wait to see how the two interact! Also, I wonder how the Mechano beam works...

Haha, gotta love Dr. Mechano. Captain Cool looks a tad silly if you ask me, the only ones who deserve pointy shades are Kamina and Simon! Still, interesting concept, and I would love to see more of these comics.

Well I'm not on the edge of my seat yet, but it hasn't turned me off, either. It's a solid enough start for me to stick around and see where it's headed. The concept is fun, though in itself isn't too fresh, and all the artists are doing a good job working with the material but also giving it their own style.

And yeah, the round-robin comicking is a neat idea, so good luck on that front.

I'm really liking this so far. It's obviously inspired by Sonic canon, but somehow it manages to really feel like it's carving out its own identity, too. I'm looking forward to more.^_^

I'm surprised no one has pointed out how Mechano's base is sitting there amongst the normal houses. Quite cute. :lol:

Edited by BlazeyBakeneko

I'm really liking this so far. It's obviously inspired by Sonic canon, but somehow it manages to really feel like it's carving out its own identity, too. I'm looking forward to more.^_^

I make it no secret that Mechano started out as my way of saying "Well, if Sonic Team won't pay attention to Eggman, I'll make my own story starring my own mad scientist, nyah ha ha!"

...But I think, ultimately, the world is quite different otherwise, and Mechano himself is quite a different character too, as we'll hopefully begin to see as the story unfolds. Glad you're enjoying it so far!

Edited by El Gran Gordo

As I mentioned on MSN, this really looks promising and has an interesting premise. I dig slice-of-lifes, too, and I'm looking forward to seeing the extravagant and mundane happenings that will occur here.

I just noticed that the mayor is named "Mayor Wibotnik." Awesome.^_^

I just noticed that the mayor is named "Mayor Wibotnik." Awesome.^_^

I'm pretty sure it's Williams, actually. It's kind of blurred though.

I'll ask Ishnt when I see him.