Awoo.

Your favorite game that nobody ever played

Sami

We all have that one game. That one game we absolutely love, but gets no attention.

This is a thread for that game.

For me, it's this little gem. At the time I'm writing this, Pepsiman has taken over the status updates. Just another piece of property to add to the beautiful empire of Pepsiman. This game is... well, just watch it. The gameplay is the purest form of dumb fun, the music is awesomely corny, and... look; if you can watch a whole video of Pepsiman without even smirking, I can honestly say you have no soul.

And yet, for some reason, it was never released outside of Japan. The only reason I got to play it was because of the hard-modded PS1 I got in Syria back when I was five years old. Pepsiman is truly the greatest man in the history of the universe. His presence resonates within our souls. He is the embodiment of all that is good and holy in this world.

And rightfully so, his game is fucking awesome. Go play it.

• Thumbs Up 3

Oh please someone remember Croc 2.

I do, never owned it tho only rented it a decision I would regret to this day.

BUT I did eventually buy one game on the internet I used to love to rent

ROCKET: ROBOT ON WHEELS

The first game ever made by Sucker Punch, who would later go on and make the Sly Cooper series. This game had everything cutesy characters unique worlds that each had there own vehicle. The theme of the game is sort've like an amusement park so there are lots of rides and attractions, you even got to make your own roller coaster. Oh Rocket, you could have been so much more.

• Thumbs Up 3

I do, never owned it tho only rented it a decision I would regret to this day.

BUT I did eventually buy one game on the internet I used to love to rent

ROCKET: ROBOT ON WHEELS

The first game ever made by Sucker Punch, who would later go on and make the Sly Cooper series. This game had everything cutesy characters unique worlds that each had there own vehicle. The theme of the game is sort've like an amusement park so there are lots of rides and attractions, you even got to make your own roller coaster. Oh Rocket, you could have been so much more.

Oh my god you fucking psychic, i was literally about to post this game.

Rocket was so god-tier, I'm not even kidding, I loved it.

Yeah the game deserves at least a port to the 3DS even the VC would be fine. But that'll never happen due to Sucker Punch being owned by Sony. God damn it Sony do ya have to keep constantly ruining it for us Nintendo gamers?

Bound High is pretty much the coolest game on the Virtual Boy, and it was never released.

Drill Dozer on the GBA is awesome - it's by Game Freak, and it's proof that they should make more games that aren't Pokémon. The bosses and gimmick levels can be rather frustrating at times, though. I know this game has its fans, but brand new copies go for $10 on eBay. That tells me that not enough people are playing it!

Do people still like Wario Land 4? I don't see anybody ever talk about it. It's one of the best platformers to ever come out of the Mario series. It's right up there with Super Mario RPG in terms of just how weird it is when comparing it to other Mario games.

Do people still like Wario Land 4? I don't see anybody ever talk about it. It's one of the best platformers to ever come out of the Mario series.

It was one of the Ambassador titles; and I liked it back when I played it on the GBA, though the inflatable bear boss can go die in a fire since I can't angle the jump charge right...

... I did have one, but it escaped my mind when I got off-track to say that.

Edited by E-25

256px-Mrdomino.jpg

I was never any good at it though. I was just amused by it, that was all. Never got past the 3rd level, even after I found out what the hell I was doing.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic Heroes

There were a couple I played as a kid. Nowadays games don't have that "obscure" status like they once did.

First was Tom and Jerry for GB. In the video below the guy is doing a speed run, but to a five year old this game was fucking difficult. No save feature, only passwords which you'd have to write down (I never did since I was five). It was a difficult platformer.

http://video.google....709858438332192

The Gex series was cool.

Oh and Ty the Tasmanian Tiger. That game has a certain charm to it.

[url=

Edited by Big Ran Over By A Reindeer
  • Thumbs Up 3

I remember playing this game all the time back in the day. Its a racing game with a weird concept about racing ball characters with grapple hooks to get to the next platform. I always had fun with this game as strange as the games concept was.

I also played the bomberman games on the N64 I enjoyed them but I'm sure if anyone played them.

• Thumbs Up 2

Tiny-Toon-Adventures-Busters-Hidden-Treasure.jpg

Remember this? Not many people seem to. This game was sort of ripoff of Sonic right down to the running spinning feet animation, but it's a pretty damn good ripoff, really fun too. I never owned a Genesis so I would always go to my cousin's house to play it and I liked it more than Sonic 1. TTA was one of the shows I was hooked on and the game made it better. <3

• Thumbs Up 6

Asides from Sean's post, I've played pretty much every one of these games. D; I MUST BE SOME KIND OF HIPSTER KID OR SOMETHING. But yeah, <3 Cool to see those come back up.

Mine is friggin' BLAST CORPS. Yeah, that game by Rare where you blow crap up in various vehicles to make a path for a truck carrying nukes? The one that was hard as hell? Yeah. That one. <3 Aaaa

Chameleon_Twist_Cover_Art.jpgChameleon%20Twist%202%20%28U%29%20%5B%21%5D.jpg

Chameleon Twist is a classic N64 platformer by Sunsoft- it's about as pure a platformer as platforming gets. It hosts some very abstract and minimalist yet all-around difficult level design, but what makes it stand out is the tounge mechanic seen on the boxart. This isn't like being Yoshi where you have an elongated tounge that lets you eat things three feet in front of you. You can GUIDE your tounge towards enemies and objects- eat them and spit them out like kirby, as well as grab poles and fling yourself. It's simple yet the physics work in such a way that it feels incredibly satisfying to use.

My one regret is that I never actually bought these games, but rented them several times at Blockbuster, but man those were a memorable few weeks.

Do people still like Wario Land 4? I don't see anybody ever talk about it. It's one of the best platformers to ever come out of the Mario series. It's right up there with Super Mario RPG in terms of just how weird it is when comparing it to other Mario games.

Edited by SuperStingray
  • Thumbs Up 5

The whole Earthbound Series. It's gotten more popular, but still, those are masterpieces, everyone should have played those games.

• Thumbs Up 1

Luigis-mansion-box-art.jpg

Ah yes, Luigi's Mansion, brings back so many GOOD memories. Lord, I remember I used to stay up so late and play this game, and the sad thing is whenever I asked anybody about it they said they had no idea what this game was. This is probably one of my favorite games to date, and I was so happy when I heard Luigi's Mansion 2 would be releasing for 3DS.

• Thumbs Up 3

Luigis-mansion-box-art.jpg

Ah yes, Luigi's Mansion, brings back so many GOOD memories. Lord, I remember I used to stay up so late and play this game, and the sad thing is whenever I asked anybody about it they said they had no idea what this game was. This is probably one of my favorite games to date, and I was so happy when I heard Luigi's Mansion 2 would be releasing for 3DS.

• Thumbs Up 5

There's quite a few

NiGHTS.jpg

But I put a lot of people off with this one

250px-The-dalmatians-playstation.jpg

One of the Dingo games. This one's quite rare and most results are for the 102 Dalmatians game

That's all I can think of for now

The Sly series by Sucker Punch. No one I knew even had an idea who the little racoon was.

Also Glover on the N64, but I think that's due to the fact that people thought it was a terrible game but my young self found enjoyment in it.

I want to say Okami or Okamiden (the latter in particular being criminally ignored), but instead I'm going to plump for Sin & Punishment: Successor of the Skies (or Star Successor for you US peeps) . Downright brilliance and bullet hell at its finest. I downloaded the first Sin & Punishment on the Wii's Virtual Console on a whim and loved it, so I eagerly lapped up everything the sequel had to offer. It was so damn good and I urge fans of shooters to give it a try. It's complete over-the-top nonsense but you'll enjoy every second.

Also Glover on the N64, but I think that's due to the fact that people thought it was a terrible game but my young self found enjoyment in it.

What? About from the Playstation port, Glover generally got good reviews (not great, just good).

Um... yeah shit everyone stole the ones I was gonna mention.

Mischief Makers, Rocket: Robot On Wheels, Chameleon Twist and Glover are all fantastic little platformers for the N64 that are utterly worth your time if you are a fan of platform games (Mischief Makers and Glover should be your priority, though to warn, like many of Treasure's games for the system, Mischief Markers was really tailor-made for the N64 controller, so be patient with it if you're emulating and using a keyboard or... frankly any other controller).

Well I'll leave some Glover footage here. The meat of it begins at about 2:50.

I'd also recommend Glover if you enjoyed Billy Hatcher. Much deeper game in terms of differences between having your rolling object and not having it when moving through the levels.

Edited by JezMM
  • Thumbs Up 3

Triggerheart Exelica, Ikaruga, Zero Gunner 2, Under Defeat, Karous, Virtual-On: Oratorio Tangram, Rez, Iridion II and Tyrian 2000.

And they are ALL super-obscure yet totally awesome sh'mups. :P

I can think of a couple of my preferred games that only a small amount of people seem to have played - Simon The Sorceror, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, Marble Madness, Psychonauts...but here's two games that I've never seen anyone else mention. And oddly enough, they're very similar.

First, Soccer Kid, on the Amiga. You play as a football loving kid trying to rescue the World Cup. I never got very far - only to Level 4. But it was pretty fun. Soccer Kid was actually a platform game, with your football being your wepon. Each level also had 11 football stickers hidden around to try and collect, so there was plenty to do. But yeah, I never got too far.

The other game, which might be a familiar name to those who read STC, is Marko's Magic Football. Again, another platformer where you weapon was a football. On some levels, you also picked up a machine gun, which made young Marko look quite badass. It was another difficult game though, even with a level select. Some levels I just kept coming up against a roadblock and had no idea how to get past.

Neither game was spectacular, but I spent a fair bit of time with them in my youth.

• Thumbs Up 1