Awoo.

Your favorite game that nobody ever played

Sami

The Sly series by Sucker Punch. No one I knew even had an idea who the little racoon was.

Also Glover on the N64, but I think that's due to the fact that people thought it was a terrible game but my young self found enjoyment in it.

Oh god, I absolutely hated that game.

bD3CD.png

The game starts when Marvin the Martian sees a video of himself played by Porky Pig and Daffy Duck beating him in a humiliating way. Marvin is infuriated with this and together with his dog K-9 set off to get revenge on the Earth.

The gameplay is very similar to that of the prequel, like many created during the Pokémon craze, attempts to recreate the "capture and collect" aspect of the Pokémon games; thus, Marvin can at any time call any Looney Tunes character that he has obtained into battle, or put them to a separate use, such as Daffy Duck's swimming or Road Runner's super speed.

The game has lots of characters of the cartoons from the most famous to some that only appeared in one episode, each with a different gameplay.

Custom Robo on Gamecube. Such an amazing game.

FUCK. YES.

I never had it, but my cousin and I played it all the time at his house. It was kickass.

Triggerheart Exelica, Ikaruga, Zero Gunner 2, Under Defeat, Karous, Virtual-On: Oratorio Tangram, Rez, Iridion II and Tyrian 2000.

And they are ALL super-obscure yet totally awesome sh'mups. tongue.png

Edited by JezMM

+1 for the Custom Robo love. Addictive gameplay, great in short bursts, interesting robot designs, memorable characters, and just a laugh-out-loud worthy sense of humor that wasn't afraid to kick down the fourth wall from time to time. I still play through the story line every few months, and I've had it since it came out.

• Thumbs Up 2

198727_86204_front.jpg

Aside from my friend and I, I don't know anyone else who's ever played Space Station Silicon Valley. Game was fun as hell. I loved all the robot animals you could possess.

...And I did enjoy this game, not gonna lie. Stupid as hell storyline, but the game was fun.

Ty_the_Tasmanian_Tiger_Coverart.jpg

Also loved Croc: Legend of the Gobbos. I played that game a lot as a child.

Aside from my friend and I, I don't know anyone else who's ever played Space Station Silicon Valley. Game was fun as hell. I loved all the robot animals you could possess.

Bomberman Hero.

Bomberman_Hero_box.jpg

Yeah, I suppose it was a pretty typical 3D platformer, but it was also the first one I'd ever played on the N64. The level design and graphics were basic at times, but had a unique charm to them all the same. The game switched things up at times with alternate gameplay like snowboarding and jetpack levels, and there were hidden exits that lead to new levels if one could discover them. Plus, the soundtrack was pretty amazing, and introduced me to drum and bass.

The Sonic fanbase might be somewhat familiar with this one, but I've never met a single human in person that has played this amazing game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I30Zqtrl9S4

Rocket Knight Adventures!!! Easily the best rodent-based action platformer not called Sonic.

I also don't know too many friends who have played Ape Escape. The first 2 were fantastic.

Everytime a topic like this comes up, I'm always torn between which of these two I should talk about.

The first one is 'Terminator: SkyNet'

This game came after the second Terminator movie and unlike most Terminator games at the time, it was not based on the movie T2 or even Terminator, it was based in the Terminator Future that you see in various flashbacks that Kyle Reese has in the movie, only it's set when he's a teenager.

You play as 'random soldier' who goes on solo missions for tec-com, you discover that 'the bots' have a nuclear missile code named 'hades' it's basically the most powerful nuke ever built, and they're going to launch it at LA and wipe out the LA resistance. So you... Run... Drive... Swim... and yes even fly! Through a series of missions to stop them.

It's a really cool game for the time and the physics are quite accurate (for what the PC's of the day could do), it ran on MS Dos however despite it's age it even had a multiplayer of sorts!

It was made by Bethesda, yup that bethesda, the ones who made Skyrim and Fallout, only this one is actually playable and doesn't have and serious bugs.

There are live action cut scenes which looking back on are very badly acted, John Connor spends every scene staring at the boobs of the female soldier thats in the room with him.

It's not aged that well, but good lord it's fun, so many weapons with different effects, lots and lots of easter eggs (shoot the moon and watch what happens), tons of grenades and big levels. Oh a pretty cool one off epic boss fight against a HK Tank! Really great game, yet not a soul has played it.

Second one would have to be this.

The War of the Worlds (PC Version)

There was a console version of this, but it's not very good, it was a driving/shooter game, the PC version however is much better and it's an RTS, only it plays more like the game RISK, you capture various territories in the UK, each has 3 types of resource, only some areas have more of one type of resrouce than others.

For example, say I play as the martians and capture Manchester, large population so I get a lot of 'blood' to feed my units, but I don't get too many heavy elements or 'copper' However, if I capture the Highlands, I don't get as much blood, but I might get a lot more heavy elements and copper.

you can play as either the humans and martians, the humans strength comes from their numbers, it can be so easy to take out an advancing martian unit despite their superiror firepower if you've got the numbers. Although playing as the martians gives a new player a big advantage.

The game ends when you either destroy parliment or the martian HQ.

The lighting effects in this game are downright creepy as are the voices of the martians. An amazingly fun game which is a license that was actually pretty good.

The game is quite rare now, not many people have it, as illustrated by the lack of youtube videos, which is a shame since the game has some great (if not hilariously badly annimated humans) cut scenes, only they're all in German (from what I can find). Definately pick this up if you find it.

Some gameplay of the martians.

This... This was quite possibly one of my favourite PS1 games of all time. The humour was fantastic, the one-liners were great and on top of that... the run/gun gameplay was highly addictive.

250px-Zack__Wiki_-_Quest_for_Barbaros_Treasure_Coverart.png

Everyone's probably saying "The hell is that game"? Well, I'll tell you. It's pretty much one of, if not THE most obscure 3rd Party Wii games around. It's an amazing puzzle game that harkens back to the old PC Point-And-Click adventure games with simple controls. It may look childish, but god is it hard. And it has references to numerous CAPCOM games, where one minigame has remixed tracks from CAPCOMs ol' NES days. One of them is even Dr. Wily's Castle 1 from Mega Man 2. Here's the said minigame.

And here's some gameplay:

Edited by PSI Freeze
  • Thumbs Up 2

Skies of Arcadia didn't get the love it deserved on the DC and it had a pretty limited release on Gamecube but man is this game a masterpiece.

The plot is formulaic i.e Gathering mystical jewels (Moon Crystals) in order to prevent an evil empire (The Valuan empire) from using them to reanimate ancient monstrosities (The Gigas) in order to subjugate the world but the characters are full of charm, the world the game takes place in is lovingly and intricately developed and the scale of it is very impressive and the gameplay is so simple yet so entertaining. Did I mention the mighty fine soundtrack?

SoA doesn't have it's head rammed up it's own arse or feature long haired pretty boys and convoluted mechanics like Final Fantasy. It's as if the game shoves two middle fingers up to Square's efforts with it's perceptible parodies and subversions of the RPG standards set by Final Fantasy.

It's simple a wonderful game of intricate scope and features wonderful characters. I firmly believe that it ought to be one of those games you play before you die if you haven't already played it.

Edited by Verte
  • Thumbs Up 4

Okay, I finally managed to remember it, ^^

Super_Solvers_-_Gizmos_%26_Gadgets_Coverart.png

It might be an educational game, but it kept me entertained and trying to keep doing better in the races. I still have it somewhere at home since it's a fond memory for times when my memory actually manages to function properly.

• Thumbs Up 1

Okay, I finally managed to remember it, ^^

Super_Solvers_-_Gizmos_%26_Gadgets_Coverart.png

It might be an educational game, but it kept me entertained and trying to keep doing better in the races. I still have it somewhere at home since it's a fond memory for times when my memory actually manages to function properly.

Aw FUCK YES. I've played some pretty awesome edutainment games, but this is among the best. The labyrinthin platforming and neat puzzles had me going for hours on end.

But I guess this gives me an opportunity to post more of these titles...

Treasure Cove and Treasure Mountain- The last time I played either of these must have been when I was 6 years old, so I can't recount many of the details, but the puzzles and amount of hidden secrets you find exploring these games made them hard to put down.

Also, anything by Edmark. Edmark was pretty much the Valve of edutainment software. It didn't lecture you, it inspired you. They've created some very amazing and abstract titles like the Thinkin' Things series, a collection of minigames and interactive toys that gets you thinking spacially, musically and logically. It's not even limited to simple matching games- there's some interesting shit like image distortion, roller coaster balls and musical shapes. I know none of that makes any sense, but it's difficult to describe offhand. And then there are games for younger kids like Milly's Math House and Bailey's Book House which use some pretty memorable minigames to get you to understand arithmetic and reading respectively.

They were bought out by another company in 2000, but I don't know where they've gone from there.

Edited by SuperStingray

Cool Spot is a damn fine classic. I used to find it a pretty tough game when I was young, but I can actually get reasonably far nowadays. This game had some of the best music on the SNES, such as:

The essence of cool right there.

• Thumbs Up 3

Mischief Makers?

Holy shit, that game brings me back. I still don't know what the fuck was going on, but boy was it awesome.

• Thumbs Up 1

250px-Zack__Wiki_-_Quest_for_Barbaros_Treasure_Coverart.png

Aw man, how'd I forget this? Great puzzle game, though I never could do those music minigames.

I loved the way the Wiimote was used in this one, as both a cursor and for acting out the actions. The whole Wiki mechanic was extremely flexible and allowed for endless possibilities. A true gem, this one.

I imagine that I'm in a small pool of 20 or so people who have played this masterpiece right here.

JUgZD.png

Really everything about this game is just a great little bundle of fun and surprises. It sticks close to the original formula of Frogger while casting it in a new and expansive environment. The worlds are very colorful and the level design is fantastic, as most PSX games were. Oh, and the music was amazing. But in addition to all this, here's a nice little tidbit I discovered about the song used in the Gold Mines levels:

Sound familiar? If you've played Sonic Rush Adventure, you may have noticed...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qqfr_ZOhWjYfeature=related

I'm just going to leave that there and let you guys do the math.

Now, I imagine that I'm in a small pool of 10 or so people who have even only just HEARD of this next title:

SkDNl.png

Only ever released on Windows computers, this game is incredibly rare today. Before Sonic, it was Pac-Man who had absorbed a good chunk of my life. I had beaten the incredibly difficult Pac-Man World 2 at the humble age of 6 and, in addition to that game, I would play this one for hours on end. The music was pretty decent as well, for a game where music wasn't really a major factor. Perhaps I'm just a little too crazy for this game, as I went and wrote a whole essay on the Future world on some long-abandoned Pac-Man Wiki. (plug)

http://pacman.wikia....i/Future_(world)

Here's some others that I don't feel like writing essays about:

Bomberman Party Edition (PSX)

Namco Museum: Volume 3 (PSX)

Mario Party Advance (GBA)

Sonic & Knuckles Collection (PC)

Endless amounts of Reader Rabbit games (PC)

Spongebob Squarepants: Employee of the Month (PC)

Croc 2 (PSX)

Ms. Pac Man: Quest For the Golden Maze (PC)

Pac-Man All Stars (PC)

Edited by RockThePlace

Turrican II.

Everyone seems to have forgotten that the Amiga ever existed, yet once upon a time it put the SNES, Genesis and PC to shame with it's fancy graphics and quality sound. Turrican II was my favourite game for the system. It played like the lovechild of Contra, Metroid and Mario. The music was incredibly catchy, putting most modern soundtracks to shame, and every level was huge with tons of secrets to find.

• Thumbs Up 1

Though the Gex series is certainly more played than its contemporaries like Chameleon Twist and Rocket: Robot On Wheels (both great games, by the way), it is often lumped in as being yet another platforming series lost in the 90's. I just loved these games growing up. The writing was just too goofy not to smile at, and they were a nice breath of fresh air in the crowded platforming market in the wake of Super Mario 64. I'm not going to sit here and say that the Gex games are technically great by any means, but they offered a nice parody to what was all over the place at the time.

Two of my favourite games that nobody played are actually quite recent. I'm basing their lack of popularity on sales here.

Shadows of the Damned

I love Suda 51, really I do. But it always seems to me that his game never really get the attention he truly deserves. SotD was brilliant to me for it's whilst simplistic, easily understandable controls, the hilarious story and script and for the section where you literally walk all over a stripper. Admittedly the game is quite short and it does force you to go through it 3 times for the achievements for playing through the game on Easy, Medium and Hard, but there is no other game I would definitely want to redo, just for it's own merit.

Bionic Commando (2009)

This is more of a guilty pleasure. Bionic Commando, not matter how restrictive the gameplay is I still get some form of enjoyment out of it. I guess people never liked this for it's story but to me, the gameplay was fun, if not confusing momentum whilst swinging and music was great, the environments were spectacular. The only thing that would of made it better is if you could swing around in a massive open city instead of going down linear paths, but I still enjoyed it, I'm starting to believe I was one of the few that did.

• Thumbs Up 1