Awoo.

Your favorite game that nobody ever played

Sami

This is a great thread. When I was really young, I had almost all of the Super Solver games. Treasure mountain, midnight rescue, outnumbered, Ancient Empires (An awesome puzzle game that was somewhat similiar to Zelda dungeons.) and Gizmos and Gadgets. I would spend hours playing those.

Operation Neptune, a game also made by the learning company was also a great game about math.

When I got older, I would spend many hours playing Croc and Croc 2. To this day, Croc is one of my fav game soundtracks.

I also loved games from Apogee and Epic Megagames. One of the games from Apogee that I still play is Biomenace.

A run and gun game. It might not have been as great as the old Duke Nukem games, but I spent a lot of hours playing it.

Quest for Glory, all of them.

1-qfg1.jpg

qfg2_poster_blog.jpg

titlescreen.gif

Quest_for_Glory_IV_-_Shadows_of_Darkness_Coverart.png

qfg5pc0f.jpg

Ok, so maybe the fifth game wasn't the best, but let me tell you something, the Quest for Glory series was the first set of games that played like a real adventure for me. Each game plays like your standard point-and-click style, but once you get into battle, it takes a very epic turn. The battle system is similar to the old ATB battle system, except that you can actively block as well. During the 1980's this was a big deal, and for me in the 90s this was definitely a big deal. What I also like is that these games prove to be less of grindfests than one would think. One can go through levels of the game without leveling up at all (ok that there is a lie) as a lot of elements still lied in the point and click functions of the game. One thing this game really captured well was the open-endness feeling of real adventure. Every game was pretty much a non-linear Skyrim before Skyrim, though sadly not as long.

If there is a big problem with this game is that a lot of it is very cryptic, requiring that you find a guide to actually get anywhere at times, and that can significantly hamper many experiences.

• Thumbs Up 1

I had fun with these, and I never ever heard anybody talk about these:

Maximo_-_Ghosts_to_Glory_Coverart.pngThe_Lion_King_Coverart.png

genaladdin.jpg

Edited by Victory Defender
  • Thumbs Up 1

My favorite games that no one plays anymore would have to be these two:

Azure_Dreams_Coverart.png

250px-Parasite_Eve_Coverart.png

^^ that game was pretty much why I liked shooting games even back when I had a PS1.

S-C-A-R-S-PS-0.jpg

Animals Genetically enhanced with engines and destined to race around terrain specific to their animal instincts, underwater racing, desert racing, thick jungles etc.

37588-Spider-Man_[NTSC-U]-1.jpg

as a kid this game was the SHIT, best spiderman game i remember.

512JWD1D6CL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

this game was also awesome, i especially remember the pirate and Sci-Fi anime level, where Gex was dressed as robo suit powered hero who fought giant mechas and japanese schoolgirls that knew kung fu.

_-Clockwork-Knight-2-Saturn-_.jpg

Under Rated game for the Saturn... this was a fun and innovative platformer where the stages where rooms around a house, and played as a toy knight on a quest to rescue the Star maiden, each enemy was a toy and use weapons such as sharp pencils and party poppers.

646102-sovietstrike_large.jpg

probably the most awesome helicopter game ever, all i remember from this game is making it to the second level with the Russian Submarines... fuck them depth chargers.

and finally...

2218532aAMASTER.NET_.jpg

"Open Up a Can-O Whoop Ass!"

"Suck On This!"

"I! Oh! Feel! Oh! Good!"

"Oh You Want some too!?"

hello Childhood...its been too long.

RollcageBox.jpg

This game was also too awesome not to mention...

Drive on ceilings, been flipped? no worries! the cars are installed with Gyro cockpits so you can always ride no matter which-side up you are. i Remember when Nikon and Air Hogs cashed in off this franchise to make "REBOUND" a remote control car that could drive no matter how much it was flipped haha.

• Thumbs Up 1

hello Childhood...its been too long.

RollcageBox.jpg

This game was also too awesome not to mention...

Drive on ceilings, been flipped? no worries! the cars are installed with Gyro cockpits so you can always ride no matter which-side up you are. i Remember when Nikon and Air Hogs cashed in off this franchise to make "REBOUND" a remote control car that could drive no matter how much it was flipped haha.

• Thumbs Up 2

Almost forgot about this one.

256px-Cubivorebox.jpg

Cubivore is the only product of Saru Brunei, a development studio formerly partnered with Nintendo, but ported stateside by Atlus. This bizarre... I want to say RPG?... puts you in a world of cubic animals who evolve by eating each other's limbs. With every limb you eat, your own change color. When you have a registered combination of colored limbs, you mutate. There are a 100 combinations of limbs to find in the game, each one giving you different properties. And at the end of each level, you fight a boss who has a special limb that allows you to grow another; you can get up to six. It's an ecological adventure; a story about predators and prey just trying to get by. It gets kind of strange between chapters though; at certain points, your animal gets eaten by the creature he wants to mate with and is reincarnated as another animal...

Despite its apparent complexity, Cubivore strikes me as very minimalist. In fact, Minecraft's background music and art style always seem to remind me of this game. And the creepers always make me think of the plant creatures. It's odd and slow, but extremely memorable.

Edited by SuperStingray

omega_boost.jpg

PRESS START. OMEGA BOOST.

CARRY OUT YOUR MISSION CAREFULLY.

Maaaaan I loved this game. Definitely one of my favorite mecha games. Simplistic and arcade-y, but still great for short bursts of fun!

and also:

19586_1307087883.jpg

One of the best fighters and definitely an underrated gem. I was slightly glad to see Kyosuke and Batsu make appearances in Capcom vs. SNK 2 and Tatsunoko vs. Capcom respectively, but come on, there needs to be a 3rd Rival Schools game already!

There are plenty of games that I've played that nobody else I know has played. One does come to mind though...

dwm2gbc_cobi_front.jpg

This is a game that I had even before playing any of the Pokemon series. It had randomized worlds, a breeding system that you needed a guide to get anything you wanted with, and a whole lot of monsters. And I loved it. Of course, probably due to the success of Pokemon, and the fact that this was a spinoff title, I’ve never seen anyone else talk about it, ever.

Also, loved Custom Robo. It was one of the only games I played so much of when I rented it, that I actually completed the game before I had to return it. Dragon gun was the best gun, don’t deny it.

• Thumbs Up 1

There are plenty of games that I've played that nobody else I know has played. One does come to mind though...

dwm2gbc_cobi_front.jpg

This is a game that I had even before playing any of the Pokemon series. It had randomized worlds, a breeding system that you needed a guide to get anything you wanted with, and a whole lot of monsters. And I loved it. Of course, probably due to the success of Pokemon, and the fact that this was a spinoff title, I’ve never seen anyone else talk about it, ever.

Also, loved Custom Robo. It was one of the only games I played so much of when I rented it, that I actually completed the game before I had to return it. Dragon gun was the best gun, don’t deny it.

The Boktai series. Really good games produced by Hideo Kojima's own studio, interesting characters, interesting story, interesting "gimmick." The GBA cartridge had a solar sensor on the back and you were required to play in actual sunlight to make progress in the game (or a black light). I personally loved the idea of the solar sensor since I had to actually wait to finish parts of the game which made it more exciting for me to be honest. Then again, gamers being gamers, the game didn't sell well here in the U.S and we never saw Boktai 3 outside of Japan.

Later down the road Boktai DS or Lunar Knights was released and it was pretty fun. To appeal to the lazy gamers, it had a in-game weather system so you didn't need to go outside to truly play the game like you did Boktai 1-3. Although, there was an option to read the sunlight outside via boktai 1-3 in the gba slot of a DS and that would be your reading for the day. All the titles had good music, fun gameplay and an interesting story.

Boktai is pretty much dead today but in games like Metal Gear Solid, Hideo Kojima throws in an easter egg here and there (Solar gun obtainable in MGS4) shows that he at least still holds an interest in the series

Box-Art-evil-zone-303752_262_263.jpg

This is one of my all-time favourite PlayStation games and one I rarely hear about.

In a nutshell, Evil Zone (Eretzvaju in Japanese) in a fighting game that pretends it's an anime series. Each character's story (including the main villain character) has a 10 episode story arch in which you fight a new character in each episode, including a clone or double of your current character. Depending on what character you play, the opposing characters either are simply defeated or die horribly. Some stories are serious while others are quite funny.

Each story has an ending credit sequence with the same animation quality as the intro video. In terms of characters, you have everything from the rash fighter to bounty hunter to school girl to psychopath possessed by a demon sword to a super sentai hero. The "episode" previews are still of the 3D portion of the game with animated still title cards and "commertial break" cards.

In terms of gameplay, there are only two buttons you use. Square, which serves to block incoming regular distance attacks, and triangle, with which you performs all you moves. While this may seem restrictive in terms of abilities, it is fact quite the opposite. The ability your character uses changes depending on the distance you are from your opponent and if you are in front of them or behind. Plus, when you are up close to you opponent, pressing the square button and either left or right directional button at the smae time will make your character move directly behind the opponent, leaving them vulnerable.

The soundtrack of the game is incredible, one of best I have ever heard. The dubbing is somewhat bad, however the voice acting is pretty good despite that. There a few VA names involved that we are familiar with, such as Jon St. John, Lani Minella, Shelly Fox and Paul Eiding (if you are familiar with Metal Gear Solid or are a fan of Perceptor from The Transformers).

As fun bonus for completing various parts of the game, extra stuff gets unlocked such as an encyclopedia (which, in all honesty, you NEED in order to understand almost everything in this game), background music, art gallery ... and I few others I can't remember at the moment. Regardless of its flaws, Evil Zone is a great game to check out.

Did anyone play Chaos Island: The Lost World Jurassic Park?

A strategy role playing game where you control the heroes of the second Jurassic Park movie and face off against the Hunters. The fun part of the game is you breed your own dinosaurs to control eventually even allowing you to make an army of species if you wanted. This was my first video game and I loved it.

256px-Gsbox.jpg250px-TheLostAgebox.jpgGolden_Sun_Dark_Dawn.jpg

My favorite video game series... It's really unfortunate that so many people have been missing out on these amazing JRPGs

Edited by K.K. Driller

A strategy role playing game where you control the heroes of the second Jurassic Park movie and face off against the Hunters. The fun part of the game is you breed your own dinosaurs to control eventually even allowing you to make an army of species if you wanted. This was my first video game and I loved it.

Yes I did play that!

It was... kinda bad from what I remember, all my characters kept being eaten... and what the fuck did those fire guards actually do other than... well... nothing... Although the hidden mission at the end where you play as the T-Red running around the city was awesome.

• Thumbs Up 1

Did anyone play Chaos Island: The Lost World Jurassic Park?

Oh man, I remember that one. Kinda. I got it as a Christmas gift one year, but the disc was broken and we couldn't get it replaced for whatever reason, so I never got a chance to actually play it. I'm pretty sure we got a different game in its place, but I can't for the life of me remember what it was.

Bitches don't know bout The Emperor's New Groove PS1 game

this right here was the SHIT, a fun and Spryoish platformer, It was so great. Plus the script is entertaining and full the script has plenty of hilarious fourth wall breaking.

Actually alot of Disney games from around this time were awesome.

• Thumbs Up 1

The Emperor's new groove. I loved that game. I still have it but i haven't touched it in years. Maybe I should try again for old time's sake.

For some reason or another, the Jak and Daxter series by Naughty Dog. I have never met another soul who has played, much less, heard of this series. The games made money so I don't know why it is so unheard of where I live? That series rocked!

There's a real gem of a game that I love, and believe everyone should know about.

PS2: Graffiti Kingdom

92124363143front.jpg

An adventure game with a difference. You can completely customise your character, and when I say customise, I mean, create from scratch, absolutely anything and anyone. Find that hard to believe? Here's an example from someone from Youtube...

Because of the limit of videos you can post in a...post, if you wanna look further, in the YT search engine, type "graffiti kingdom creations" You'll get lots of other creations...

Something else that is cool to know is, despite the cameos you can create, there is actual cameos in the game. As the Taito Corporation developed the game, a couple of familier Taito faces make it into the game.

graffitikingdom2.jpg

This picture shows them both. One of the space invader enemies and Bub (or Bob) from Bubble Bobble. As an extra surprise, the creator of Touhou was also involved in the project and as a result Reimu Hakurei also makes an appearence under the name "Flying Maiden".

reimugraffitikingdom.jpg

The only downside to the game that I can think of is that it's just too short.

I've played a lot of games that nobody has really played. So hopefully this won't be a long list. :P

Darkstalkers:

DarkstalkersNWCoverArt.png

You might had heard about this game before. I'm not sure how much its played today but it certainly counts. Darkstalkers only had like 4-5 games and all of them (except the port on PSP) was on the PSX and the characters make cameos, namely Morrigan and Felica. But sadly everything about Darkstalkers seems to be forgotten. D:

929131_68695_front.jpg

I know this was a movie tie in but its an otherwise fun God of War/Devil May Cry clone with less puzzles and more beating things up. :P

And there is of course...

Odinssphere.png

...Odin Sphere, my all time favorite game. I would gush a lot more about this one but I think you heard a lot from me already. Besides if your interested in it go play it. :P