Awoo.

30 Days of Video Games

Sami

I like Tropical Resort. Starlight Carnival sounds like Game Boy music (Read: I hate it), Planet Wisp was nice, Sweet Mountain was decent, I like Aquarium Park, I dont mind Asteroid Coaster. Boss Music Sucked (Yes including EGG Nega Wsip Phase 2. Its just so empy compared to Solaris and Perfect Dark Gaia) overall none of the tracks were really memorable to me. But I always was more Rock OSTs fan (I love SA2 OST, SaTBK OST, SA1 OST, Heroes OST, ShTH OST and 06 (One of better balanced) OST)

And what of Terminal Velocity (run away from impending black doom)? *last off-topic post today here*

I guess if I had to chose anything I would go with this one:

CC4.jpg

Merciful God! I think I'd managed to sucessfully exercise that game from my memory! It was just so terrible! It wasn't even a command and conquer game, it was just a new IP that they realised wouldn't sell so they slapped Command and Conquer on the box!

This was one of the few times I've bought a game on the name alone and it's one of the last times I've done it, having loved every C&C previously, I was so looking forward to the final game in the tiberium storyline, what a let down it was.

Just so awful in every respect, you know the game is bad when you log in, the first thing you see is a war lobby (chat room) and hundreds of people are all typing 'THIS GAME FUCKING SUX!' in the chat over and over and over... lol I'll never forget that one.

I mean otherwise the entire thread would just be Superman 64.

lol I hope not, I've not played that one but I hope that people would pick games they've played as well as ones which are genually bad.

Edited by Hogfather

And what of Terminal Velocity (run away from impending black doom)? *last off-topic post today here*

Actually its my alarm tune :P Its just so loud I always get up. Not that I like it but I dont mind it.But my family is like "TURN OFF THIS SHIT!" every morning :P

• Thumbs Up 3

Merciful God! I think I'd managed to sucessfully exercise that game from my memory! It was just so terrible! It wasn't even a command and conquer game, it was just a new IP that they realised wouldn't sell so they slapped Command and Conquer on the box!

Just so awful in every respect, you know the game is bad when you log in, the first thing you see is a war lobby (chat room) and hundreds of people are all typing 'THIS GAME FUCKING SUX!' in the chat over and over and over... lol I'll never forget that one.

I'm taking the multiplayer wasn't as good as I got told by the media then...

You make it sound like a nice stress reliever though.

I'm taking the multiplayer wasn't as good as I got told by the media then...

You make it sound like a nice stress reliever though.

lol I didn't play the multiplayer. When you start the game you need to be connected online, you're then put into a "chat room" with other people playing the game (most are begging for co-op partners) it was just a constant barrage of people typing 'this game sux' over and over.

From this chat room you then decide how to play the game, be it single/co-op/vs multiplayer.

In fact...

Edited by Hogfather

@JezMM To be fair, however, I should've said a specific type of FPS's that I forgot to recognize were the few exceptions. Portal, especially. *makes erotic noise*

• Thumbs Up 1

I missed yesterday and i want to get started again, but i'm not sure if this is gonna count. Why? I don't remember the title of the game. Um, i guess you can pick your favorite piece of Wii party shovelware and fill in the blanks, it honestly won't make a difference.

[ ] is a TERRIBLE game. I'm a Wii owner only, so when people think about what kind of gamer i am, they don't see me as a gamer outside of pros like you guys who actually care about gaming. [ ] is part of the reason why the Wii has a strong disliking in certain sects. Let me explain: [ ] is a collection of minigames much like Wii Sports of Mario Party. However, they where programmed by monkeys. The game clearly had no resources allocated to it during development and the designers sat down and designed a game that they could make a pretty box for it and sell it to people who don't know better as opposed to making a game to sell on it's merits. [ ] emphasized using motion controls to make it so much easier to play, but more often than not the motion control just served as "shake = button press" and thus the term "waggle fest" is born. Most of the games on [ ] are shockingly glitchy and have no tactility to them whatsoever. The Nintendo Seal of Quality was originally conceived to seperate quality games from games like [ ] back in the day when shoddy cash-in titles where prominent, but now it apparently means nothing, because it's on the back of this box some sucker payed 40 bucks for that happened to have a disc in it.

I didn't make this post to take a shit on party games- i even commended quality titles like Wii Sports- but i simply honestly cannot remember the name of the game! I would check, but i sold it. Yielded four bucks. The only game i remember is air hockey.

• Thumbs Up 3

MY LEAST FAVORITE VIDEO GAME/SERIES:

LegendofSpyro_cover_PS2.jpg

I have always been a fan of Spyro. I have every game in the series, even the stupid spin-offs such as this. This game is an origin story for Spyro the Dragon. One where he is anorexic and voiced by Elijah Wood. Let's dive right into the feces, with THE LEGEND OF SPYROOOOOOO

When the game starts, it plays out like a movie. With credits and shit.

The first thing that strikes me as weird is the famous actors. Elijah Wood, David Spade, Gary Oldman? My mind raced as I attempted to predict who the hell these actors would play. Well, Spyro's origin is similar to Tarzan's. He was a dragon...raised by dragonflies. Yep. He even thinks he is one. So...yeah. Spyro learns he's a dragon, and learns magic and whatnot, and there's a big meanie named Cynder.

The first thing I hate about this game and the trilogy it spawned was the emphasis on combat. Spyro the Dragon is supposed to be a platformer. I mean, it's like the Werehog without the platforming. It's not only out of place, it's the ENTIRE GAME. RAHHHH. It'd be like if Sega made a game called "Sonic the Werehog." There's some platforming at firs, but then it dissolves into spamming of your weird-ass magic.

Anywho, my other gripe with the game is the incredibly boring story. The dialogue itself is okay, but I just couldn't find myself giving half a shit about what was going on. The actors themselves are fantastic. Of course they do! It's Elijah Wood and Gary fucking Oldman! David Spade did his best, but his usual snide comments are toned down. The former do great with the stupid dialogue, but they each sound like they're not talking to each other, rather just talking. I think they were in different rooms. Gary Oldman is amazing in the way that his character's dialogue is awful and boring, but he is a joy to listen to.

I didn't notice the music, but I'm sure it was just fine. That isn't usually a big deal for me.

My main problem, as I said, is the HUGE step away from the norm. Spyro used to be my pimp, I his loyal whore. I bought ENTER THE DRAGONFLY. AND LIKED IT. Jeez, at least it was a platformer. I even have that little DS game that nobody knows exists.

It just breaks my heart that this trilogy is the last I got of a real Spyro game. Skylanders, I'm sure, is fun in its own right, but there may never be a another simple, silly, wacky little Spyro game that I want ever. Again.

Fffffffffuck.

Edited by A Match in Oil Ocean Zone

One has to wonder whether or not they're following the right franchise when on a fan forum, substantially more people list entries in said franchise as their least favorite game than as their favorite.

Edited by SuperStingray
  • Thumbs Up 2

Why are so many people listing Sonic games? Is this just to be controversial or some kind of long running joke?

Just to be controversial? A long running joke? You're being ridiculous.

I listed Sonic Heroes because I truly and genuinely can not stand that game. I would assume it's no different for anyone else. I don't really go out of my way to talk about universally panned games like Atari's E.T. or Superman 64 because I think listing those are more of a cop out than anything (despite actually playing the latter myself).

These are my personal feelings about the game and that's that. I really don't feel like I've played a game that pissed me off more than Sonic Heroes as far as general game quality is concerned. And just for the record, I was considering making a post about Vexx but after comparing the two I realized that Sonic Heroes was just the smallest bit worse to me.

It's all opinions. What does it even matter? JezMM made a valid point about love and caring about a series more more often than not compounds the issues that you may have with any various game in a series.

But are they really worse than games like StormRise? A.M.Y? Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (remake)? Time Crisis Rising Storm? We Dare? Star Trek Legacy?

Why would I list games that I've never played? It's worst game you've ever played for a reason.

Edited by Chooch
  • Thumbs Up 7

Actually I will admit, I don't completely hate Labyrinth. I think I managed to get to the third zone before giving up, and the music was okay.

Sonic Spinball 8-bit I don't hate just because it makes me laugh. I don't know why but I find something really entertaining about how the intro movie goes through every piece of music in the game, switching every single time the camera angle changes. It's just so... bad.

Edited by JezMM
  • Thumbs Up 1

One has to wonder whether or not they're following the right franchise when on a fan forum, substantially more people list entries in said franchise as their least favorite game than as their favorite.

It isn't as if there are well over a hundred games in that franchise, and that some of them are pretty bad. Nope.

Why would I list games that I've never played? It's worst game you've ever played for a reason.

And it isn't even that. It's least favorite game. I've played plenty of games that are objectively worse than Advance 3. I enjoy plenty of games that are worse than Advance 3. I enjoy plenty of Sonic games that are worse than Advance 3.

I still loathe Advance 3 more than anything else. Should I put E.T., a game which I own, a game I have played and a game that I am still at best indifferent to, just because it is worse? Why not just put a link to a Metacritic list while I'm at it?

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 2

Just to be controversial? A long running joke? You're being ridiculous.

No I'm being inquisitive.

It just strikes me odd that people would list what they have done and how so many were listing the same ones, I fail to see how it's being ridiculous questioning this?

Chances are I'd still be typing if I were going to list every single bad game I know about so it would cover a portion of games that everyone on this forum has played instead of a random example of games that I know are not very well liked.

And it isn't even that. It's least favorite game

Then it's an issue here with interpretation. In my area if you say 'least favourite' you mean to say 'the worst of the ones you have.' Probably why I'm wondering why people have said what they are and why I picked what I did.

Edited by Hogfather

Day 3: Least favorite video game

2h7nhbp.jpg

I hate lots of games, but I don't enjoy hating games. Unlike with favorites, it's not something I keep track of and make lists for. And yes, I have played dozens of games that are much, much worse than this choice, but in my mind, "least favorite game" means something that has disappointed me on a personal level. I can't think of too many games that crushed my expectations and hopes quite like Kingdom Hearts II did.

I am not a big fan of the KH series. I liked the first game for what it was: a simple trek down Disney memory lane, with a tone and characters that had the makings of an average Disney story. I wouldn't call it a favorite game of mine or even one of the best titles on the PS2. But it did well what it set out to do: immerse the player in a very Disney-like environment while having enough strength to hold itself up as an original project.

The second game does away with just about everything I adored about the first. Worlds are barely explorable, and with the way they are designed, they might as well just be straight hallways. Combat is far more focused on being a spectacle than being fun or efficient, and it is so automatic that I don't recall encountering any truly challenging moments in the game. Sora pile-drives through everything. Looks neat, but it doesn't make for very memorable gameplay.

The central plot is convoluted and the game's themes and messages aren't consistent. The characterizations do not fit with what was established in the previous games. Many worlds' plots are truncated versions of their movie counterparts that castrate the soul of the original delivery. In fact, very little about KH2 screams "Disney" to me - it is far too occupied with Nomura's own characters and idiotic storyline than it is fleshing out the actual Disney worlds themselves, something that the first game had no problem handling.

The other games in the series I've played were that GBA game and the first DS game. Both of them sucked, but at least I knew they would. I went into KH2 with reasonable expectations: continue the style of the first game. It doesn't. It's a horrible mess that can't decide what it wants to tell the player, and it's incredibly pretentious and exhausting. Shit sucks.

Since SSMB is going on a SOPA/PIPA blackout for 12 hours tomorrow between 12:00 PM and 12:00 AM GMT, Day 4 will resume on Thursday at 3:00 PM GMT.

Since SSMB is going on a SOPA/PIPA blackout for 12 hours tomorrow, Day 4 will resume on Thursday at 4:00 PM GMT.

What? The forums are being shut down? Why?

Edited by Hogfather

Since SSMB is going on a SOPA/PIPA blackout for 12 hours tomorrow between 12:00 PM and 12:00 AM GMT, Day 4 will resume on Thursday at 3:00 PM GMT.

WHAT

GOD DAMNIT

First Tumblr, Then Wikipedia, now SSMB?!

at least i still have tvtropes

I mean otherwise the entire thread would just be Superman 64.

and Big Rigs: over the Road Racing, and E.T. for Atari and the CD-I Mario and Zelda games....

Heck, just about any game reviewd by the AVGN and the Likes, but I digress....

Day Numbero Trio - Ninja's Outstandingly Terrible, "Would not even let Kami play this", Least Favourite Game(s) ever

Transformers_-_The_Game_Coverart.png

Good, so....

it was Back in 2007, Transformers the Movie Just came out, I enjoyed it and like anyone that enjoyed a certain Movie alot, I decided to check out the game based on it, for PS2...

Initially, I didn't find this game too bad actually, but I got bored of it quickly and let it collect dust up until 2009, when Revenge of the Fallen came out and I got a renewed Interest in the Transformers Franchise. So I decided to give this game another shot.

and then I realised Just how terrible I found this game really.

There was Just not one bit of Fun in it to me, The Car/Flight controls felt slippery, The Combat System itself was Just Boring and monotonous, the Graphics were by PS2 standarts rather bad. There was the fact that you could cause random Havoc in the game, but even then I felt as if it could've been done MUCH better.

now I know, Most People will tell me "it's a Licensed game, so of course it sucks", but you see, there is that Spider Man 2 Movie game, wich I found Great and is still one of my Favourite Gamecube Titles. So ever since then I kinda always like to have Hope that a Licensed game based on a Franchise I like will not suck and eventually turn out good (and thankfully, War for Cybertron gave me my Good Transformers game fix).

there are other examples of Good Licensed games but that would be too off topic, Point is, I dislike Transformers: the Game....alot.

(un)Honorable Mention goes to Final Fantasy 12, By Far the Most Boring Entry in the series to Me (I would say 13 too, but that would be cheating, since I never played it)

Edit: played, palyed HURRRRRRRRR

Edited by Mr. NinjaShark

Day 3 - Least Favorite Video Game Series

How Sonic the Hedgehog went from Best to Least favorite

sonic_title.jpg

Wait, what? I listed Sonic the Hedgehog? Why are you on this forum Autosaver if you think he is the worst? Well, let me explain. Least DOES NOT mean "Worst". So basically think of it this way - The shortest tallest person. It may sound bad at first, but it really isn't when you think about it. So... Why is Sonic my choice anyways?

Sonic the Hedgehog, man. I loved the classics. I remember going home and playing my Genesis all day with that special game called Sonic 2. I also got Sonic 3 and Sonic 3 & Knuckles. I was incredibily fascinated with the quality of these games. I never had an NES/SNES so this is all I had. I even skipped a generation (PS1/N64) so I held onto these games for quite a while. I would go back and play Sonic 2/3&K forever. Come on, who doesn't love this ultra fast addicting platforming gaming? It doesn't help that the games had an amazing soundtrack and very detailed graphics. The Genesis was simply ahead of its time.

Sonic-2-multiplayer.png

Remember sitting around in one room playing this game trying to win? Those were the days.

I also had some fun with Sonic Heroes. It had a lot of things the Classic games had it going for. Platforming, great music, epic multiplayer, etc. I've got to admit though, this was a big step down from the originals. Going back to this game is incredibily frustrating. Who thought it was a good idea to make every level over a death pit? Or how about if you accidentally jump off a rail via switching you fall to your doom? And what is with all the annoying voice actors? (Keep in mind I didn't have a DC/GC so I couldn't play SA/SA2)

Sonic_Heroes_Logo.jpg

Death pits everywhere!

It only starts getting worse from there. Everything Sonic is known for is about to crash and burn. Will that hog run for 10 more years with high quality attatched to its name? Yeah right!

https://encrypted-tb...LC8Iqz1YZdLR2ow

Sega did an all time low with this. The controls were terrible, the gameplay was terrible, the soundtrack wasn't up to par to previous Sonic games. Everything about this game was just.. ew. If you thought SA2 had a dark story, than you haven't seen this game. Well, at least SA2 had a story that didn't burn your head off. You guys love Shadow? We're going to give him A GUN. Have fun! Nothing can go wrong, can it?

https://encrypted-tb...FTmpIzmE3vkSc16

Not the GBA port

Time to duke it back to the classic style platforming. This is going to be THE BEST Sonic game ever made. Just look at these tech demos we made! They're going to look exactly the same as the final product! It isn't going to be a glitch fest long loading piece of ****. This is going to be Sonic's 15th anniversary game. Thought SA1/SA2 were good? This is going to beyond it!

...Nope

Sonic 06 was harshly criticized by fans and critics alike. This game put a huge dent into Sonic's reputation.

Sonic_and_the_Secret_Rings_coverart.png

Seven Rings in Ha- My ears!

This game was SOMEWHAT decent. It was a lot better than Shadow and Sonic 06, but it still suffered quite a few problems. The controls were not the best and the game had a lot of cheap spots. Blind jumps of faith isn't a great source of challenge. Especially when you're moving forward constantly with motion controls.

32297_normal.jpg

we heard you like furry animals

Did Sega learn their lesson with guns? Nah, lets make Sonic a werewolf! This can't go wrong! The Werehog was one of the most boring things I've ever gone through. This is NOT fun. At least the day stages were great. That is where the gameplay really shines. But still, the Werehog took a huge part of the game. This is it, no one is waiting for another Sonic game. Sonic is trash. Sonic is done for. Sonic is DEAD.

Wait, another Sonic game is coming out.. for WII? I mean, it is a storybook game. That means it'll be somewhat de-

225px-Sonic_and_the_Black_Knight_Cover.jpg

No! This game was a huge step down from Secret Rings. I kind of had more fun with it compared to Unleashed though.

...New game? Sonic Colors? All Day Stages gameplay with powers? This can't be bad right? It wasn't! Sonic Colors brought back everything Sonic fans strive for. Gameplay, no stupid alternate character, multiple paths, fantasy settings, unimportant storyline, YES. Sonic is back! Sonic Team knows what they're doing now! They finally made a great game!

https://encrypted-tb...SKqXbm7QPvMyyMf

I'm back!

Wait, what is this? Sonic 4? Sonic Generations? One decent and one amazing game? That is it, Sonic is back! Jump for joy everyone!

https://encrypted-tb...3bnF2netE-xVK6g

Jump!

Considering I only play high quality franchises like Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Monster Hunter, Kingdom Hearts, Pokemon, and more. This is the reason why Sonic is at the bottom of the list. He only recently started to have good games. It is also argueable that these games aren't even close to the quality to say something like Mario Galaxy.

..I'm done. tongue.png

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh yeah i forgot to put my favorite game...Which was a tie between khbbs and Spyro year of the dragon.

As for Worst game...Hmm That's a tough one. If i take out sonic that makes it even harder! Um, It'd be a tie between Kingdom hearts 358/2 days and Final fantasy 13. I've loved all the KH games up to 358 and coded. Those two games seriously were just Lazy lazy lazy. I couldn't even bare to finish coded. and the camera sucked more than usual.Final fantasy was long and straight. and the battle system felt cheep at times. I stopped after disc two. The story was just boring as hell and the acting was not pulling me in.

LEAST FAVOURITE GAME:

Man this is a tough one. I tend to like most games as it is, and generally make pretty wise gaming choices when I go to buy videogames. Lets just say I'm really good at figuring out what I do like and its rare that I'll ever slip up and waste money on a title to end up not enjoying it. There are games though that I end up disliking due to peoples attitudes and revering them as godlike entities that can do no wrong ever. Portal 2 was slightly ruined for me this way, and even though I was never really interested in Minecraft in the first place I'll never play it now, but I do believe I expressed that sentiment in another topic before.

But no, this is a story of a game that I ended up getting really excited for because I thought it was going to be a cool shooter/RPG hybrid set in a post apocalyptic setting. Nope, I'm not talking about Borderlands because that game was actually awesome. People...I bring before you

Fallout_3_logo.png

Never before have I felt so let down by a purchase. I was looking for something neat to play, and having just recently played through a lot of Oblivion before this game came out I was pretty jazzed because I was expecting a RPG/Shooter hybrid since thats what it seemed to be. Either I wasn't paying enough attention or I was simply blinded by my excitement for a game in a series I've never played before, but when I got the game it was anything but stellar. I do admit, the opening to the game wasn't too bad and when I first opened up the vault I was like "damn this looks amazing" but shortly after the game began to show me that it wasn't as good looking as I imagined and didn't play nearly as well as I would like.

I'd be shooting guys point blank in the chest, sometimes it seemed as though the bullets wouldn't even register. Everybody looked wonky still, animations continued to be terrible, and there were loads of glitches. Normally I'd be able to handle that though, as Oblivion was real terrible for all these things, but unlike Oblivion there was nothing charming about it. Oblivion got away with its ugly looking character models and terrible animations and other various glitches because in the fantasy setting, with knights parading around and people speaking all funny, it was hard for me to not crack a smile and laugh at just how corny everything is. Fallout 3 was like "hey lets continue to be terrible at all these things but lets not make it fun". Boy did they sure take out the fun.

The game eventually boiled down to me as 100% pure VATS, because that was the most effective way to kill anything. But all the coolness of the slowmo and the exploding body parts slowly began to become yawn inducing because of the fact that it happened all the time. I think the biggest problem was that I was going into the game expecting a shooter. Thankfully Borderlands had me covered on that front after the fact, with a graphic novel aesthetic that really pleased me, so it made up for this dreary little post apocalyptic bender that didn't last very long.

I had the game for a few weeks, put in around 24-30 hours into it, so its not like I didn't try. I -wanted- to try and justify my purchase. I wanted to try and enjoy the money I spent, but no dice. This game just sucked. Luckily since I got it around launch, I was able to trade it back in for around the same price I got it at.

RUNNER UP: Left 4 Dead. The other worst purchase I have ever made that I really regret. Thankfully the sequel didn't trick me into buying that too. Not that the game is technically bad, it just gets boring really fast and it relies heavily on the online component to have any real sort of fun, which outside of a few games I don't really play much online.