Awoo.

30 Days of Video Games

Sami

I'm kind of a collector, and I use that term as a nice way of saying "hoarder." I generally buy my games new and keep them for eternity. But there is one game, ONE GAME, that I consciously decided to return, and only after a few hours of playing it no less. I like to give games extra chances- I'm lenient like that. But this game I could just feel in my gut that it would not get any better.

Mindjack_cover.jpg

I don't know where to begin with this game. Well, okay, the beginning. Mindjack takes place in a cyberpunk future where people can jump out of their own brains and take over someone else's. A promising mechanic, but it goes wrong around the time you actually start playing the game. The story looked like nothing new- you're a secret agent or bounty hunter or something stalking a lady in an airport, you attack a guy she's talking to (even though your earpiece friend told you not to, but hey, the game needed an excuse to start, right?) And so a bunch of riot cops fall through the ceiling and you start shooting them from cover Gears of War style. If its worse transgression was being another generic shooter, I could forgive it, but this was REALLY fucking generic, even by its own standards. Just moving from point A to point B shooting people, everything with a depressing blue tint, no changes of pace or anything- Just shooting your way through the most barren level design I've ever seen. And even THAT I could find some redemption in if it wasn't so shodilly programmed. The gimmick of the game is that people can jump into your game at anytime and take control of your enemies. Apparently, someone thought that was a fair excuse to give the enemies shit AI. You'll find yourself shooting at people just standing there, not even doing anything or running into walls on SEVERAL occasions. And keep in mind I stopped playing after a very short time. And your own controls are even worse; finding the PRECISE distance you need to be from a chest-high wall for the game to differentiate whether you want cover or to roll into the wall like an idiot is a chore. I finally stopped playing after leaving the airport at which point I was faced with fighting a giant robot. I shot all my ammo into him, ran out of ideas, turned off the game, and took the disc back to Gamestop.

I'm a forgiving person, perhaps even too forgiving. I give people the benefit of the doubt a lot, but even this is over the line for me. No effort in anything. Not one redeeming quality in its execution. The idea sounded interesting enough to catch my attention, especially after Demon's Souls sold me on the idea of mixing multiplayer and single player, but an idea doesn't sell a game, being fun does. And Mindjack... well, Mindjack was just the least fun game I ever played.

Edited by SuperStingray

Day 3 - Your Least Favorite Video Game or Video Game Series

helldm.png

The Raving Rabbids Series - Multiple Systems - 2006-Present

I was excited for Rayman 4. I remember following it during development. I did not mind that Rayman 4 eventually turned into a minigame collection. It was still going to be a Rayman game. Raving Rabbids was my first Wii game aside from Wii Sports. Did I enjoy it? Yes. It was a good first game that showed off what the Wii remote was capable of doing, and I got plenty of chuckles from it as well; a good sign that the humor of Rayman 3 carried over. Was it the Rayman game I always wanted? Of course not, but I didn't complain. New games are constantly being made. I was certain that a new, proper Rayman game would be announced a year or two from then.

I want you to take a good look at the logos on each of the boxes. Notice how the word "Rayman" progressively gets smaller after each game, resulting in the removal of the word entirely. Over the course of these games, Rayman had gone from the main character, to a featured character, to a fucking cameo, and then removed entirely. The Rabbids had extended the amount of time a proper Rayman game would be released from 3 years to 8 years. 8 years. That's 2 away from being an entire decade. And all Ubisoft had to offer in terms of Rayman platformers during that time were arguably mediocre ports. The Rabbids, as well as Ubisoft, had raped a part of my childhood. Thankfully the Rabbids have been established as an entirely separate series, so the worst of the damage has already been done. Rayman Origins, while I tragically haven't had the chance to play it yet, looks beautiful. But like a Vietnam veteran with post-traumatic symptoms, a part of me dies every time I see a Rabbid.

Runner-Up: Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood - That fucking music. Why do people like BioWare again?

Edited by Ricky

Day 3: Least favorite video game - Oh man. OhHOOOOH man. This is one game I never pass up a chance to rant about. Cue longwinded hate speech!

I never really hated games that much in the past. Sonic 06 took a dump on an already struggling series, but I was at an age where I could at least find some enjoyment out of it (and I still do, mainly for laughs). So there wasn't really any particular game in my life that stuck out as a game I could say I truly hated with all my heart.

Then came the fateful summer of 2010.

There was a game I had been anticipating for a year or two, seeing as how I had become a big fan of the series. It looked to expand on the franchise and take it to places where - okay, screw it, the game's been mentioned twice here (EDIT: Make that 3.) already so I'll just cut to the chase.

300px-Metroid_Other_M.jpg

My god. I mean seriously, MY GOD. I was not only disappointed massively by this game. I was in utter SHOCK. Never in my life had I played a game that left me this awestruck at how bad it was compared to its predecessors. And not the funny bad like Sonic 06 has grown to become. The painful bad. I'll look at it in sections:

Gameplay - The gameplay is just filled with bad decisions. Why the hell are we using a D-pad to navigate a 3D space? Why would you add a healing command that removes the challenge of finding health and ammo? Why stick us in a Where's Waldo-style "find the thing!" portion during some cutscenes? Why not use the Nunchuk to allow for point-and-click shooting while running? Why restrict missiles to immobile first person mode? Why, why, why, why, WHY? These nitpicks aside, the overall feel of the game is just completely wrong for the series. It's linear, leaves little room for exploring, the environments are a bore-fest, item progression is boring thanks to the lack of finding them (and come to think of it, I don't recall the game adding any new powerups to the series), and the controls, while functional, just seem like a stupid decision.

Visuals and Music - Speaking in a technical sense, I will say that Other M is a very nice looking game, especially the FMVs. Artistically, however, it is incredibly boring. The majority of the game takes place in small, linear, confined corridors with a derelict spaceship setting. What happened to the big, beautiful and interesting worlds of the Prime games? There are outdoor areas, sure, but they are small, few, and incredibly empty. Overall a bigger polygon count can't make up for uninspired art direction. I can't really criticize the music that much - mainly because there ISN'T ANY. There are a few songs here and there (Ridley's theme here is actually pretty damn awesome), but for the most part it is ambient sounds. Previous games in the series showed that you can build atmosphere and still have a catchy tune. Also, the credits music sounds completely ridiculous in a Metroid game; it belongs in a Disney film. I miss the badass music of Prime 1 and the old 2D games.

Story - Here's the big one. The main reason I hate this game so much. I've already rambled, so I'll break it down.

- Botches up Samus' character with daddy issues and childish angst.

- Makes Adam Malkovich an unlikeable prick when it was a good opportuinity to expand on a character previously only mentioned in text.

- Almost completely ignores Samus' childhood and Chozo training. Actually, the Chozo aren't even mentioned at all! Again, a missed opportunity.

- None of the new characters are likeable in any way, save for Anthony, who is slightly tolerable. And slightly tolerable is this game's equivalent of amazing.

- Sets up a side-story mystery involving an assassin among your team members and which one it could be or what his motives are, then forgets to resolve or elaborate on it in any way.

- Numerous decisions are made by the characters near the end that seem entirely pointless or could have otherwise been handled differently.

- The overly-sciencey mumbo jumbo (which I never care for in any game) actually finds a way to make Mother Brain lame.

- An extreme over abundance of inner monologue, which rarely helps story telling in any game. I was looking forward to seeing how Samus interacts with people, but for the most part we just hear her thoughts. Her dull, dull thoughts that feel the need to over analyze every unimportant little detail. Writers need to understand that in a visual medium, sometimes it's best to let the actions do the talking.

- And, of course, one of the most horribly written scripts in any game ever. I am not going to criticize Samus' actress for being boring, because for what she was given I think she did an okay job. What she was given just happened to be an unbelievably monotonous and dull script that not even the best actress could have possibly made interesting. Puke-inducing lines, unresolved conflicts, unnecessary sacrifices, unanswered questions....this game is just a flat-out mess from top to bottom. No game has ever disappointed me like this game has, especially after playing Prime and Super Metroid. And I don't think any game ever will. Seeing as how Yoshio Sakamoto, the series' co-creator, was responsible for a lot of the bad points I've listed, I am legitimately frightened for the future of this once stainless series. This isn't the worst game ever made, for if I was judging ONLY on the gameplay, the worst I could call it was "meh." But as a total piece of entertainment, this is the game I absolutely hate mor than any other game.

WHEW. That was a novel. I need to go relax and play a game that infuriates me less. Sonic 06, here I come!

Edited by Gregzilla14
  • Thumbs Up 2

Day 3 - Your Least Favorite Video Game Series (Pfft, more like most hated)

Modern_Warfare_2_cover.PNG

I *hate* Call of Duty, just as much as everyone else does. And by "everyone else", I mean "most of the people that actually have a passion for gaming". There's a *reason* almost every actual gamer absolutely hates this franchise: It's generic as hell, repetitive as hell, and started one of the worst trends gaming has ever seen. Thanks for giving me the guarantee of seeing over half an hour of generic first person shooters at almost every gaming conference I'll ever watch, Call of Duty. I appreciate it.

I've played Call of Duty 3 and couldn't bear to play for more than two hours. After that, I found out about the whole Treyarch/Infinity Ward thing, so when everyone was calling Modern Warfare one of the best games ever, I decided to give it a shot. I got bored after an hour, and slogged through another just to make sure it wouldn't stop sucking any time soon. When Modern Warfare 2 started getting Game of the Year awards, I decided to give this God-forsaken piece of garbage one more chance. I enjoyed myself for an hour (because there was actually some freaking gameplay variety for once), and then realized the whole rest of the game was the same old crap that got old an hour into Call of Duty 3. It took three hours to wish I had never wasted my money renting it.

The only way I can feasibly see this game having "Game of the Year" in the same sentence is if "Worst" was also present. And to think people complain about Pokemon and Zelda being repetitive. :l

oh gee that sure isn't biased as hell and a broad generalization. I consider myself pretty much to have a passion for gaming, and yet i fairly enjoy COD as a decent shooter. Overrated as fuck, but fun. Putting that opening statement aside, I can understand why you and others could have a dislike for the series, considering it's shoved into your face and has a massive following of dudebro fans that are just as bad as most of the Sonic fanbase. (but sonicfans are still worse)

Anyway, fuck where was I, oh yeah, worst vidya i've every played.

Superman_Returns_coverart.jpg

Somehow, this game is even more terrible than Supe's infamous N64 game. I managed to rent this shortly after seeing the movie in 2006 or so, assuming it would have to be better than the shit i played when I was five. NOPE. Awful graphics, terrible camera, controls are pretty bad too. Gameplay is frustrating and annoying, It has a good concept, Supes is invincible, but the city acts as a health bar, you have protect it or else it's game over.But you'll spend time trying to constantly mess with the controls and have to fly to each distress and crime in place and other disasters, usually ending in failure and game over. Also, out of all the freedom they could take with the movie and introduce villains from the comics, they use a FUCKING TORNADO as a FINAL BOSS. Not Doomsday, not even an armored Lex Luthor, a tornado.

Please Rocksteady, give Superman redemption, and develop a good Supes game for once.

• Thumbs Up 2

Um, don't have a least favorite game. D: Though one I disliked was:

1139222532-00.jpg

Ah Superman 64. What to say, what to say. First, the fact that you need a N64 Controller Pak to save when Mario 64, Kart 64, OOT and DK64 didn't need the pak to save your progress. 2nd, anybody like flying through rings in Nights? Welp, ya get to do it in the most frustratingly way possible! =D 3rd, what about those tornadoes huh? ....I'll just leave it at that. :r

I can easily imagine Other M being my pick, but I held off on buying it until a couple of weeks after release, and by then I'd seen and heard enough to know it would break my heart if I played it. Maybe I'll pick it out of a bargain bin one day, just so I have an easy answer the next time someone asks me this question.

I really could use an easy answer, too. Maybe I'm too forgiving or maybe I just don't play enough bad games, but I can't think of very many that I'm really unhappy with. I mean, I bought Sonic '06 for four bucks and had zero expectations going in; the few laughs I got out of its awkward cutscenes were enough to spare it from any proper wrath. Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker was kind of a letdown after I enjoyed the original DQM so much, but I don't know if it's the game itself or just my expectations that were to blame, and either way it was more uninteresting than properly bad. Dawn of War: Soulstorm had a lousy, redundant campaign, did terrible justice to two of the most interesting factions in Warhammer 40k and featured some of the most half-assed air units I've ever seen in an RTS, but it was at least funny. I have no idea why Sonic Chronicles doesn't bother me much, but somehow I got through it the first time without really having a problem with it and I haven't had much interest in revisiting it just so I can hate it properly. Maybe I'm just so in love with the idea of a Sonic RPG that I can't process how crappy it is. I dunno.

So basically I can't really think of a least favourite game of all time. Instead, uh... here's my least favourite game of right now (subject to sudden drastic change at any time):

51-O5TggkAL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I got Halo Reach from one of my friends as a birthday present about a month ago. It's a bit tacky to complain about something someone gave you for free, I know, but I'm not really saying that it's a bad game or that it was a bad purchase (although I've never really indicated that I'm a big Halo fan, so I don't know where he got the idea that I'd want Reach). I'll probably pick the game back up in a month or two and enjoy it just fine. I've played and enjoyed the first two Halo games, so that's not the problem.

All I know is that I got about half an hour into the game and I just could not play the thing anymore. Maybe it's because I'd played both Mass Effect games right before it in rapid succession and I was sick of shooting aliens or maybe it was the way the game rubs your face in its unlockables before you even get to start playing, but something just clicked in my brain and I felt like I needed to be doing anything else but playing this game, and that feeling's kind of stuck around. Meh.

Edited by Octarine

Least favourite game.

Sonic Chronicles; The Dark Brotherhood.

I could've gone with Sonic Spinball but that game has the benefit of not being as offensive to me as Chronicles.

I thought is was frikkin' awful. To the point that when I see it in my silver box of Sonic toot, I regard it with the same kind of distaste as SONIC '06 I kid you not. And there's so many reasons why it's rounded in it's badness. There's so much fail here it's unbelievable. From the visuals to the joke that is the music and sound effects to Bioware's sheer lack of caring and knowledge regarding the series and Sonic's horrifically out-of-character behaviour in dialogue. So here are my reasons why I despise it so;

1 - The mostly awful visuals. The overworld drawings were actually pretty and I'll hand it to them for that as well as the drawings for the items and some NPC's but the rest of it? Pretty horrible. The modelling on the characters is pretty terrible even to the point of being disturbing, with their huge irises and pupils and low polygon counts. Their animation was OK'ish but nothing special. And the lower-than-Flash quality "cutscenes" was extremely amateurish. The drawings OUTSIDE of the overworld and items and NPC's, such as of the characters themselves were often off-model and often had mistakes and the Chao designs were lazily recycled over and over again except for the Unique Chao;

joinedeyes.png

^ Knuckles has joined eyes!?

weirdeyes.png

^ What the hell is up with Shade's eyes!?

wrongjacket.png

^ No details on the back of Eggman's jacket

Rouge's boots are also wrong and Sonic's shoes are wrong too.

2 - Bioware really have no grasp of the details of the franchise they're writing about. The codex is stashed with factual errors and characters are referred to wrongly, such as "Tails the Fox" and "Amy the Hedgehog" rather than "Miles 'Tails' Prower" and "Amy Rose". Team Rose is called "Team Amy", Knuckles is referred-to as Pachacamac's direct descendant despite the fact that as of current, it's pretty much confirmed that Pachacamac's only kin was Tikal, who died before she ever birthed children, making direct descendants of Pachacamac highly implausible. There's also a complete falsehood in Shadow's profile, how it states that Sonic teamed up with Sonic in SA2 to stop Eggman. Oh? Please show me how this is true Bioware. And the facts about Chao are all wrong, such as them bestowing powers on characters. Only within Chronicles' gameplay NOT outside it. Really, the way Bioware seem to be forcing it's rewriting of continuity on the series is, IMO, pretty gutsy in an almost pretentious way.

3 - The battle system is horribly unbalanced. Didn't put in the POW move perfectly? Congrats, you just wasted PP, a turn and actually getting anything done with that character. There's no real incentive to use characters such as Rouge, Big or Tails because either 1 - They're underpowered or 2 - They're overshadowed by characters who do what they do much better. The game either becomes way too hard or way too easy depending solely on whether or not you can input the touch screen commands competently. The games difficulty relies on these inputs. And as a result, it can be insanely hard or laughably easy. I also felt that the chances of status effects occuring are seriously out-of-whack.

4 - The audio. It is absolutely terrible. Simple as. What is the turd icing on the crap cake is the SFX. Why does Big and the Nocturne soldiers sound like they're going to vomit when they get hit? Why does Shadow gobble like a Turkey when he engages Sonic in a battle in Mystic Ruin/Blue Ridge? Why is it that Rouge sounds like a cowgirl going "Yee hah!" when she roundhouse kicks an enemy? Tails screams like a little girl on helium whenever he gets struck and Sonic does a good impression of those opening floors in Sonic 1's Scrap Brain Zone when he gets hit or enpowered by Amy's Kiss. AWFUL.

5 - Sonic; Personality Unimportant. Sonic. A guy who is hinted to have a short temper in the games but ultimately has a heart of gold. A guy who doesn't need people to feed his ego because he's confident and believes in his own abilities. A guy who doesn't need to bully his mates in order to feel self-entitled. Well throw that out the window Chronicles players! Because Bioware don't care about 17 years of careful character development (When Chronicles was developed) in their efforts to satiate people who think Sonic should be more hardcore, meaner. Something that goes against his entire character!

6 - Shade the Favourite. She's blatantly Bioware's favourite character. There's so much evidence that backs this up. She has the most powerfully efficient POW move, cannot be classed as a Glass Cannon due to Cloak, has the most dialogue next to Sonic himself, has lines when she isn't even in the party and shunts Rouge aside to take Knuckles' love interest. I'm no Knuxouge fan in the slightest but I was taken aback when Bioware let this newcomer shunt Rouge sideways in the interests of getting their original character with Knux. But then that's no surprise considering the Continuity Snarl Bioware have engineered regarding the game's story.

7 - Exploration for goodies practically non-existant/Poor game design. It doesn't have what so many RPG's make a staple out of; Being rewarded for exploring. You can find an Ice Ring in the N'rrgal Colony and a pair of Cursed Gloves in the Zoah place but there's really nothing to seek. You don't get items other than healing items from random battles. There's no random drops. There's multiple points of no return and there's also things that can be lost forever. You can't regain rings on more story playthroughs except rings you can get by selling stuff to shops.

Edited by Verte
  • Thumbs Up 3

Day 3 - Your Least Favorite Video Game or Video Game Series

helldm.png

The Raving Rabbids Series - Multiple Systems - 2006-Present

I was excited for Rayman 4. I remember following it during development. I did not mind that Rayman 4 eventually turned into a minigame collection. It was still going to be a Rayman game. Raving Rabbids was my first Wii game aside from Wii Sports. Did I enjoy it? Yes. It was a good first game that showed off what the Wii remote was capable of doing, and I got plenty of chuckles from it as well; a good sign that the humor of Rayman 3 carried over. Was it the Rayman game I always wanted? Of course not, but I didn't complain. New games are constantly being made. I was certain that a new, proper Rayman game would be announced a year or two from then.

I want you to take a good look at the logos on each of the boxes. Notice how the word "Rayman" progressively gets smaller after each game, resulting in the removal of the word entirely. Over the course of these games, Rayman had gone from the main character, to a featured character, to a fucking cameo, and then removed entirely. The Rabbids had extended the amount of time a proper Rayman game would be released from 3 years to 8 years. 8 years. That's 2 away from being an entire decade. And all Ubisoft had to offer in terms of Rayman platformers during that time were arguably mediocre ports. The Rabbids, as well as Ubisoft, had raped a part of my childhood. Thankfully the Rabbids have been established as an entirely separate series, so the worst of the damage has already been done. Rayman Origins, while I tragically haven't had the chance to play it yet, looks beautiful. But like a Vietnam veteran with post-traumatic symptoms, a part of me dies every time I see a Rabbid.

Runner-Up: Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood - That fucking music. Why do people like BioWare again?

Dude, don't lump Go Home with the party crap. It's a great little alternative platformer/action game. =C

I also think it's kind of a shame that you didn't mention one bad thing about the games there - just that they weren't Rayman.

• Thumbs Up 3

Going off of reviews from AVGN, I would say that my least favorite game is Superman 64. I mean seriously....I don't understand how things like this can even get passed game devs. It's not fun. It's broken. It's like they took a list of what makes a good game and did the oposite? It's one thing to have glitches, that's part of the software dev proccess...It's another thing entirely to make something so blatently broken and still release it.

DAWN OF THE THIRD DAY: 24 Hours7 Days remaining.

Least Favorite Video game:

250px-Sonic_4_Logo.png

Now I don't consider myself a "hardcore" gamer, I enjoy a lot of games, from Sonic, to Marvel vs. Capcom, to Chrono Trigger. Very Rarely can I say I hate a game, there are games I don't like, and games I just avoid altogether. But this is probably the only game I ever felt I wasted money, and I still regret that decision till this day, and the worst part is that I can't profit from it by trading it in, so I'm basically out of $15 fucking dollars. Sonic 4 is truly my least favorite game I've played, and I find almost nothing redeeming about it in any way. Hell I think it'd benefit if they just put the damn thing out of misery.

Gameplay: The game is the complete opposite of what its supposed to be, and even not considering that, its still boring as fucking hell to play. You're either being forced forward by speed boosters, or doing a pointless homing attack chain. Even not factoring the physic issues, Sonic controls like ass, when he jumps it feels like he's made a helium. Spin Dashing is completely pointless as it barely carries you in the air or anything of the like. It does nothing to build on the Classic gameplay, and actively makes essential classic moves useless.

Graphics/Visuals: Everything is made of plastic and rehashed from previous games. The backgrounds are completely static and clash with the designs of the levels. Sonic looks like a cheaper version of the HD model, and the Wii version is actually so damn lazy that Sonic's mouth is essentially drawn on. His running animation is shit as the classic running animation looks completely retarded on him, the Modern design was always established as running fist pumped and arms backwards, but that's all forgotten for the sake of nostalgia instead of a smart design choice.

Story: What fucking story? People criticize Colors and Generations for lazy plots, at least they have dialogue and actual character for the ones involved, this game makes no attempt to connect with Sonic 3 & K. Why the fuck is Tails absent? What reason does he have for not being with Sonic? Knuckles can be excused to being in a different location, but Tails? what's his excuse? And then the developers try to retcon Sonic & Knuckles's scenario's in the previous game as happening at the same time despite blatant evidence to the contrary, effectively contradicting themselves and really tells that they had no idea what they were doing. Secondly, what was the point? Sonic 3 & Knuckles was completely fine as it was, what reason was there to try and retcon it?

Conclusion: This game is crap, and a waste of $15. What was hyped up as the biggest baddest sequel ever, ended up as a completely misguided attempt to suck up to the classic portion of the fanbase with crappy results. If they really wanted to recreate Classic gameplay, they would've done so before Rush even came out.

Edited by Shadic Claus
  • Thumbs Up 1

My least favorite video game would have to be Sonic Adventure. I first wanted to play the game because alot of people were saying how it was the greatest game ever and such. Normally, back then, I didn't really catch up on what people were saying about the game. Most people were saying that Adventure 2 was the greatest game out there in the first Adventure was the one that made it that way. I really didn't pay attention to the Adventure hype until someone joined the SEGA forums clearly voicing his opposition in doing so. That was in I said, "hmm maybe I shoudl check this out".

Well I did, and it was one of the worst games I've played. I hated it because the controls were very clunky in the Sonic and Tails levels. Not only that but it had gameplay that didn't belong in a Sonic game such as Bigs fishing (the worst) and Knuckle's treasure hunting and then you have mech shooting on top of that. Worst part of it was that with fishing, yes to finish the game you can skip it but if you wanted the true Super Sonic ending... you HAD TO FISH! So yeah, all of this is why I hate this game.

Other than the graphics were shit and the models looked horrible. And there's also the soundtrack that is overrated as well. YEAHH CRUSH 40 MAKE EVEUYTHING BETTUR!1!

Edited by Haruhi ハルヒ
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm sorta surprised by the amount of hate directed towards Sonic, just like Hogfather.

I will say that, despite it's many faults, I don't hate Sonic 06. It's more a minor annoyance, hate is too strong a word. But I do hate Shadow The Hedgehog, although there was a couple more I could've picked, I didn't want to create a post that was just bashing several games that others may like.

On a side note, I like Secret Rings & Black Knight too, so there!! And I'm surprised by the amount of hate towards Sonic Colours. I'm slightly disappointed by it all...I mean, it had a simple story, just like the original trilogy.

I'm also surprised that the SSMB is going down for this Soap thing, considering it's of British origin and I still haven't seen any of our media mention this thing. But I could be wrong, I avoid a lot of media news for a reason...but that's for a different topic, I guess...

I gotta get out of here now, before my browser loses sight of the SSMB again...

256px-Ea-create-boxart.jpg

I got this game from my Grandmother, who didn't know any better, last year for Christmas.

It is the most boring thing I've ever played. I din't spend more than 30 minutes total with this, so sorry if I get some stuff wrong.

First off, the title is wrong. You do not create. This is a game where you drop premade objects into a small 2D area to preform a small task, most of which seem to be variations on "get the car over the small jump". You are supposed to do this using physics props, like some people do in Gmod for fun. However, in Gmod the physics props use actually use physics. These are floatier than your average ring. Basically a really boring and badly done game I couldn't be bothered to finish.

Edited by Phantomime

I like the diversity in this topic, it's interesting.

Okay... what's my least favorite game? My least favorite... hmm...

Oh, I got it!

tony1.jpg

Tony Hawk Pro Skater was lost on me. This game may have been praised by critics and gamers alike; heck, many of my friends recommended this game to me. But no matter how many times I rented it, attempting to explore every part of the levels while at the same time collecting those elusive videotapes and 'SKATE' symbols, I just couldn't get interested in it. Every time I went into a level I just keep skating around, going up half-pipes and basically doing the exact same thing over again trying to beat my score. I knew there were tapes to collect, levels to unlock, but the more I played the less I cared. The game seemed repetitive to me, as if it needed to force myself out of lack of interest to continue on to the next level. This also has to do with my complete disinterest having to do with Tony Hawk or skating in general.

It wasn't the worst game I've played by a long shot (I'm looking at you Sneak King!). The controls were solid and the music was pretty catchy. The problem was the overall experience bored me to no end.

Apologies for putting it more bluntly than I should have, but... well, to be fair, we're talking about games wehate. I loathe this series' very existence, and I despise seeing it get the praise I don't think it deserves.

Seeing Call of Duty not only score far above Sonic Colors and Generations, but also outscore both of the Demons' Souls games along with Kirby's Return to Dreamland and The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (games I hold in extremely high regard as some of the greatest I've ever played) just vexes me to no end. I know personal bias comes into play here; it's the very reason I loathe this admittedly mediocre at worst series as much as I do.

Seeing games like Portal, Sonic, Demons' Souls, and all of Nintendo's first party franchises (well... bar maybe Zelda; I've seen that get plenty of attention at my school) pass the mass public generally unnoticed makes every mention of the words "Modern Warfare" "Cod" or "Call of Duty" feel like a punch to the face to me. I hate it.

And there's more: The same people that love these games complain about Pokemon and Zelda failing to evolve. I say fuck that. Both Pokemon (in the form of Black and White) and Zelda (with Skyward Sword) have evolved leaps and bounds more than the jump from Modern Warfare to Modern Warfare 2 to Black Ops to Modern Warfare 3. I hate it.

And yet another thing: You could feed a small country with the money this shit makes, while masterpieces like Viewtiful Joe and Okami make so little money that entire teams are dissolved because of it. I hate it.

My hatred for this series comes from hypocrisy and overexposure. I have no ill will toward any gamers who legitimately enjoy it. So I'm sorry if my post came off that way.

So you hate CoD because its popular? That seems....a bit unfair don't you think?

• Thumbs Up 5

My least favorite game of the ones that I've played (That I can remember off the tip of my tongue.) is probably Transformers: The Game for Wii. I picked it up because I'm a big Transformers fan and I thought it might be fun, but what I was met with were boring, time-based drives through streets and deserts. I used cheat codes to get all the way to the end and see all of the neat unlockables, but I have never played through it 100% or gone back to replay it. It's just a terrible, boring cash grab. Then again, what can you expect from a movie game by Activision on the Wii? :P

DAWN OF THE THIRD DAY: 24 Hours7 Days remaining.

Least Favorite Video game:

250px-Sonic_4_Logo.png

Now I don't consider myself a "hardcore" gamer, I enjoy a lot of games, from Sonic, to Marvel vs. Capcom, to Chrono Trigger. Very Rarely can I say I hate a game, there are games I don't like, and games I just avoid altogether. But this is probably the only game I ever felt I wasted money, and I still regret that decision till this day, and the worst part is that I can't profit from it by trading it in, so I'm basically out of $15 fucking dollars. Sonic 4 is truly my least favorite game I've played, and I find almost nothing redeeming about it in any way. Hell I think it'd benefit if they just put the damn thing out of misery.

Gameplay: The game is the complete opposite of what its supposed to be, and even not considering that, its still boring as fucking hell to play. You're either being forced forward by speed boosters, or doing a pointless homing attack chain. Even not factoring the physic issues, Sonic controls like ass, when he jumps it feels like he's made a helium. Spin Dashing is completely pointless as it barely carries you in the air or anything of the like. It does nothing to build on the Classic gameplay, and actively makes essential classic moves useless.

Graphics/Visuals: Everything is made of plastic and rehashed from previous games. The backgrounds are completely static and clash with the designs of the levels. Sonic looks like a cheaper version of the HD model, and the Wii version is actually so damn lazy that Sonic's mouth is essentially drawn on. His running animation is shit as the classic running animation looks completely retarded on him, the Modern design was always established as running fist pumped and arms backwards, but that's all forgotten for the sake of nostalgia instead of a smart design choice.

Story: What fucking story? People criticize Colors and Generations for lazy plots, at least they have dialogue and actual character for the ones involved, this game makes no attempt to connect with Sonic 3 & K. Why the fuck is Tails absent? What reason does he have for not being with Sonic? Knuckles can be excused to being in a different location, but Tails? what's his excuse? And then the developers try to retcon Sonic & Knuckles's scenario's in the previous game as happening at the same time despite blatant evidence to the contrary, effectively contradicting themselves and really tells that they had no idea what they were doing. Secondly, what was the point? Sonic 3 & Knuckles was completely fine as it was, what reason was there to try and retcon it?

Conclusion: This game is crap, and a waste of $15. What was hyped up as the biggest baddest sequel ever, ended up as a completely misguided attempt to suck up to the classic portion of the fanbase with crappy results. If they really wanted to recreate Classic gameplay, they would've done so before Rush even came out.

So I'm guessing you're not looking forward to episode 2 and future episodes?

So I'm guessing you're not looking forward to episode 2 and future episodes?

I'm pretty sure he is, its just that Episode I was an incredibly shitty game.

My least favorite game (that I've played) has to be...

Yu-Gi-Oh!_Reshef_of_Destruction.jpg

As much as I liked Yu-Gi-Oh! back in the day, this game was utter garbage. I don't think there's anything that I even remotely like about the game...

My least favorite game (that I've played) has to be...

Yu-Gi-Oh!_Reshef_of_Destruction.jpg

As much as I liked Yu-Gi-Oh! back in the day, this game was utter garbage. I don't think there's anything that I even remotely like about the game...

I thought all of the games except Falsebound Kingdom were trash. And I too liked it back in the day.

I hate it because of mediocrity, blandness, repetitiveness, the hypocrisy revolving around it, and it's obnoxious popularity that takes attention away from games I enjoy.

Seems reason enough for me.

....Yeah, more than a few years ago Sonic was regarded as one of the worst franchises of all time, I'm not saying you don't have a right to hate a game, but hating because its more popular than a game you prefer seems like flawed logic and reeks of Hate Dumb.

• Thumbs Up 4